Poll: Which M+ Did you Prefer?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I think a good point that's been made though is that M+ is only more tolerable in S4 due to the Obelisk skips.

I wasn't having fun in M+ at launch, learning the pulls/skips for each dungeon was an overwhelming task in my opinion. Otherwise you overpull and lose dungeon time

Legion was largely the opposite it was just a matter of knowing what few extra packs needed to be pulled on the way to the boss which I just found easier to remember. The progress bar in my opinion was clearly designed to prevent players from inevitably finding away to get to the final boss while killing minimal trash packs as we have in previous expansions.
    Very well put. The dungeons in BFA are terribly designed, you need an addon just to keep track of what to pull and what not to pull.

In Legion you could just have fun.

Tbh I want blizzard to make leaderboards and let you choose either tyrannical or fort for your key which changes the other affixes you get in respect to the one you choose. So like choosing tyrannical means bursting happens twice as often or the radius is bigger or something

Legion by far. BfA was the most unfun dungeons have been since Cata, with the notable exception of season 2.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    Legion.

+2 Tyrannical/Fortified is a mistake and it's sad it's not getting removed for SL.
    Whether you get Tyr/Fort on a +2 or a +10 doesn't actually matter unless you do low keys. And the opinion of those people aren't really relevant. At all.

Legion M+ was braindead. Literally braindead. Just a AoE shitstorm that kept going without any danger.

I do miss court of stars though. Really enjoyed that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Legion by far. BfA was the most unfun dungeons have been since Cata, with the notable exception of season 2.
    So the dungeons are actually fun, you just want a mindless AoE shitstorm that we had with reaping. Interesting.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    So the dungeons are actually fun, you just want a mindless AoE shitstorm that we had with reaping. Interesting.
    And who do you think you are trying to put words in my mouth? I enjoyed season 2 because the seasonal affix was fun enough to get past the fun I wasn't having in the dungeons themselves. The dungeon design in BfA, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2, was absolute trash compared to Legion, in my opinion. Not even just the population, but the aesthetics and layouts were boring as well. The Motherlode particularly was one where the potential was the Olympics but what you actually got was school sports day.

Not to mention that the mid-expansion dungeon Mechagon was an absolute joke. Hyped it up to be a vast underground sprawling mega-dungeon complex but all you actually got was literally the same island as outside and a couple corridors on the inside. Absolute joke of an expansion.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'll just make my tier list here:

S Tier:
    1. Atal'dazar - probably my favourite not only because 3/4 of gear that drops there is usefull (prot warrior) but I generally enjoy the pacing and fights
    2. Maw of Souls - God I LOVED reflecting dark slashes on 1st boss... this one was quick and enjoyable
    3. Court of Stars - I loved that you can get different buffs there and overal nice dungeon
    4. Freehold - you go in, you fuck shit up, you go out

A Tier:
    1. Neltharion's Lair
    2. Upper Karazhan
    3. The Underrot
    4. Tol Dagor
    5. Darkheart Thicket
    6. Temple of Sethraliss
    7. Black Rook Hold

B Tier:
    1. Mechagon Junkyard
    2. Lover Karazhan
    3. Mechagon Workshop
    4. The Arcway
    5. Vault of the Wardens
    6. Siege of Boralus
    7. The MOTHERLODE!!!
    8. Eye of Azshara

C Tier:
    1. King's Rest
    2. Waycrest Manor
    3. Seat of the Triumvirate
    4. Halls of Valor

D Tier:
    1.Cathedral of Eternal Night

Fuck You Tier:
    1. Shrine of the Storm - I just fucking hate this one

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Good idea. Here is mine:

S Tier ("Fond memories; tales for future grandchildren"):
    - Court of Stars
    - Upper Karazhan
    - Seat of the Triumvirate
    - Cathedral of Eternal Night
    - Halls of Valor
    Each of these had parts that challenged me and forced me to become a much better player.

A Tier ("Blast and chill dungeons, always happy to join these"):
    - Neltharion's Lair
    - The Underrot
    - Mechagon Junkyard
    - Shrine of the Storm
    - Atal'Dazar
    - Freehold
    These, for the most part, present little challenge, but still a lot of fun hack'n'slash activity.

B Tier ("Solid dungeons, but not good enough to overdose and burn out on them"):
    - Mechagon Workshop
    - Maw of Souls
    - Lower Karazhan
    - The Arcway
    Some parts of these are memorable (Workshop last boss, MoS bosses and lantern guy, Karazhan Moroes, Arcway bosses).

C Tier ("Mixed feelings"):
    - Darkheart Thicket
    - Temple of Sethralis
    - Siege of Boralus
    - THE MOTHERLODE!!!
    - Eye of Azshara
    - King's Rest
    - Waycrest Manor
    These are mostly bland, with some additional downsides here and there (DHT last boss RNG, KR routes and tuning in previous seasons).

D Tier ("I would be happy to forget this stuff existed"):
    - Tol Dagor
    - Black Rook Hold
    - Vault of the Wardens

This comes from a main-spec healer perspective. 5.5k+ score in Legion, and will likely match that by the end of BfA.
    Last edited by ID811717; 2020-07-10 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I think a good point that's been made though is that M+ is only more tolerable in S4 due to the Obelisk skips.

I wasn't having fun in M+ at launch, learning the pulls/skips for each dungeon was an overwhelming task i
    I mean.... The path learning is worse this patch. That's why I switched from tank to healer. These wierd ass pulls where you have to backtrack or save obelisks and then come back to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    snip

S Tier ("Fond memories; tales for future grandchildren"):

Mechagon Junkyard
    Maw of Souls

A Tier ("Blast dungeons, I'm happy to join you any time"):
    Lower Karazhan
    Mechagon Workshop
    THE MOTHERLODE!!!
    Temple of Sethralis
    Freehold
    The Underrot

B Tier ("Solid dungeons, but not good enough to overdose and burn out on them"):

Shrine of the Storm
    Atal'Dazar
    Court of Stars
    Waycrest Manor
    King's Rest
    Upper Karazhan

C Tier ("Mixed feelings"):
    Vault of the Wardens
    Neltharion's Lair
    Black Rook Hold
    Siege of Boralus
    The Arcway
    Seat of the Triumvirate

D Tier ("I would be happy to forget this stuff existed"):
    Tol Dagor
    Eye of Azshara
    Darkheart Thicket
    Halls of Valor
    Cathedral of Eternal Night

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Nice idea!

S Tier:
    Court of Stars. Best dungeon in WoW.
    Maw of Souls.

A Tier:
    Arcway
    Upper Karazhan. Begin the barrage!
    Vault of the Wardens. Best bosses, Cordana being the best of all dungeon bosses.

B Tier:
    Workshop
    Waycrest Manor
    Lower Karazhan
    Shrine of the Storm
    Freehold
    Darkheart Thicket
    Neltharion's Lair
    The Underrot

C Tier:
    King's Rest
    Cathedral of Eternal Night
    Halls of Valor
    Black Rook Hold
    Atal'dazar
    Junkyard
    Eye of Azhara

D Tier:
    Siege of Boralus
    Seat of the Triumvirate
    The MOTHERLODE!

Fuck You Tier:
    Tol Dagor.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-07-10 at 12:36 PM.

BFA's m+ system was kinda ruined by corruption bonuses and tank warriors being to strong imo.

Prot warrior with 5+ td. Thats just been busted for al ong time

well, none, don't like mythic+ at all.

That must be the most boring game concept in wow ever, always running the same dungeons and add affixes and scaling to them to let them stay relevant.

And that stupid random lootbox you get weekly with almost all the time trash or the same gear as before.

I am so glad there are still raids and pvp. in my opinion mythic+ should be entirely removed, and all sources put more into thorgast and pvp content and gear progression. I like the idea of horrific visions, as it provides a solo gear progression, what is something entirely unique in wow, i like raids as they feel epic and comes with new design each other patch i like to do bosses not trash in a maze, i like pvp for its replayability.

Mythic+ pls no, BfA was completely dominated by it, pvp died along with it. Doesn't make sense to do pvp as repeatable content without a weekly lockout for gear, if mythic+ provides gear much more efficently and faster, while tedious and boring...

10+ Year Old Account
    And who do you think you are trying to put words in my mouth? I enjoyed season 2 because the seasonal affix was fun enough to get past the fun I wasn't having in the dungeons themselves. The dungeon design in BfA, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2, was absolute trash compared to Legion, in my opinion. Not even just the population, but the aesthetics and layouts were boring as well. The Motherlode particularly was one where the potential was the Olympics but what you actually got was school sports day.

Not to mention that the mid-expansion dungeon Mechagon was an absolute joke. Hyped it up to be a vast underground sprawling mega-dungeon complex but all you actually got was literally the same island as outside and a couple corridors on the inside. Absolute joke of an expansion.
    Lmao. So the words I "put" there was right. How surprising.

Joke expansion!!!!
    Hi

BFA improved the system (e.g: seasonal affix), but I have to go with Legion - the dungeons were just straight up more fun. Classes were more fun too.

Legon by far the best because it was both more casual friendly while giving hardcore a challenge and simply more fun. BFA the seasonal affixes made it worse and the dungeons themselves giving mobs mechanics made it far less enjoyable.

In legion i could turn on some music, chill, and spam keys and generally have a great time but in BFA i feel like i am doing a dungeon long raid encounter. Now on top of all that LEgion simply had better class design which contributed to a lot of the enjoyment as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    BFA improved the system (e.g: seasonal affix), but I have to go with Legion - the dungeons were just straight up more fun. Classes were more fun too.
    I do not think seasonal affixes were an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    For me atleast it kept instances fresh and challenging

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Legon by far the best because it was both more casual friendly while giving hardcore a challenge and simply more fun. BFA the seasonal affixes made it worse and the dungeons themselves giving mobs mechanics made it far less enjoyable.

In legion i could turn on some music, chill, and spam keys and generally have a great time but in BFA i feel like i am doing a dungeon long raid encounter. Now on top of all that LEgion simply had better class design which contributed to a lot of the enjoyment as well.

- - - Updated - - -

This just shows how different the community can be. BFA dungeons pretty much required MDT to properly plan the route, one missed interrupt or stun can mean you deplete a key, etc. Legion wasn't like that at all.

Season affix introduced more mechanics that I welcomed with open arms personally.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Lmao. So the words I "put" there was right. How surprising.

Joke expansion!!!!
    I don't even know why I'm replying to your mess of a post, you're obviously just out to troll instead of having an actual discussion, I mean you started your post with "lmao", you probably spend 90% of your free time farming downvotes on reddit for fun. What a waste of oxygen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know why I'm replying to your mess of a post, you're obviously just out to troll instead of having an actual discussion, I mean you started your post with "lmao", you probably spend 90% of your free time farming downvotes on reddit for fun. What a waste of oxygen.
    Assuming I even read reddit? Nice.

I love it when people realize they're wrong but still try to defend themselves.
    Hi