Started facing a few tanks in 2400+ with gushing stacks

Starting to see a bunch of tanks running multiple gushing wounds today at high rated 3s

Everyone is running a bunch and its doing between 40 to 25% of their damage depending on the class. I could lie and say "beats playing the dampen meta" but Warlocks are still Tier 1 and not much has changed so far, well at least locks still beat tanks with gushings eh?

Anyone else experienced something similar?

I rage alt+F4d but heres random prints from wow forums

Last edited by Nuba; 2020-06-10 at 02:54 AM.

These are not tanks in the screenshots tho?

It's still a very strong corruption - everyone said so. Especially after the vers nerfs.

thats the best part, OP is lying about something, as others have stated. None of those are tanks. haha

Gotta love when DH rapes you with Fel Lance and you can't run away from it anywhere....

(e.g. Lordaeron/Mechagon arenas...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    thats the best part, OP is lying about something, as others have stated. None of those are tanks. haha
    He just wrote "these are some random pics from the official forums" .... has nothing to do with his experience.
    Learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Gotta love when DH rapes you with Fel Lance and you can't run away from it anywhere....

(e.g. Lordaeron/Mechagon arenas...)
    I read your post, but all I heard was "I need to get gud"
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    He just wrote "these are some random pics from the official forums" .... has nothing to do with his experience.
    Learn to read.
    I read just fine, but complaining about tanks, then posting only DPS pictures with no "proof" for your complaints, makes you look special. And even more special when you accuse others of not being able to read, when this is a QQ thread from the start because he can't figure out how to deal with tanks in arenas.

Like I said, clearly lying on several levels, but good job. You're clearly looking for something to be annoyed about. I bet you're a great person to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    You're clearly looking for something to be annoyed about. I bet you're a great person to be around.
    I'm not, I came to a thread complaining about tanks and gushing wounds. And found nothing citing either, only found a misleading title and someone crying about an issue that doesn't exist.

Try again troll.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I read just fine, but complaining about tanks, then posting only DPS pictures with no "proof" for your complaints, makes you look special. And even more special when you accuse others of not being able to read, when this is a QQ thread from the start because he can't figure out how to deal with tanks in arenas.

Like I said, clearly lying on several levels, but good job. You're clearly looking for something to be annoyed about. I bet you're a great person to be around.
    are you dumb? I posted random forum screenshots of gushing wounds damage in arena, this is common knowledge but I thought it would be nice to post it here.
    Immagina seeing a DKs damage (which is generally high since they pad a lot in arena) and see that gushing wounds is their top damage dealt regardless and that is does 20% of their damage, or a rogue doing 25-30% more damage because of it.
    I thought you'd be smart enough to recognize that since tanks deal less damage and GWs damage is static, it can be up to between 50 to 40% of a tank's damage, which straightens the gap between a dps and a tank's damage significantly all the while maintaining all the upsides of being a tank on a competitive enviroment.
    Last edited by Nuba; 2020-06-10 at 04:48 PM.

I don't think it's exactly a wild speculation at this point when saying that the Corruption system was implemented with little to no regard for PvP.

Now, I'm not a fan of GW stacking because it has no real counterplay in pvp. (dots refreshing it and pressure is constant in this meta.)
    BUT its not like these players are doing 25% more dmg than they were before the vendor had GW. They lost w/e stats and/or procs they were stacking before. Really what we need here are comparisons from before and after of near identical match ups to see how much dmg gain really occured. Yeah GW is showing as doing 25% of peoples damage but if all their other abilities are dealing 20% less because they lost all the old corruptions... well.... you get the point its still strong but not as OP as implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Yeah GW is showing as doing 25% of peoples damage but if all their other abilities are dealing 20% less because they lost all the old corruptions... well.... you get the point its still strong but not as OP as implied.
    Raw statboots are difficult to capitalize on because unlike PvE, you cannot continously execute your rotation.
    If you're stuck in a stun while gushing wound ticks, a % boost which increases the damage of your abilities doesn't matter that much.

Exception being Destro, but there it's slightly different because they're solely about killing people with CB.

That's why Gushing wound is also so high in PvP, because people are sometimes doing something else than using damage abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    are you dumb? I posted random forum screenshots of gushing wounds damage in arena, this is common knowledge but I thought it would be nice to post it here.
    Immagina seeing a DKs damage (which is generally high since they pad a lot in arena) and see that gushing wounds is their top damage dealt regardless and that is does 20% of their damage, or a rogue doing 25-30% more damage because of it.
    I thought you'd be smart enough to recognize that since tanks deal less damage and GWs damage is static, it can be up to between 50 to 40% of a tank's damage, which straightens the gap between a dps and a tank's damage significantly all the while maintaining all the upsides of being a tank on a competitive enviroment.
    That short bus ride really did a number on you, didn't it?

Unless you're stacking 6+ GW, and are using NO other Corruptions, this will never, ever, be the case. And if so, that is more than fair, as they're sacrificing raw stats for a chance to proc something. But I don't expect someone like you to use their brain or think critically. You just wanted to come to the forums to cry/complain about something you deemed unfair, even though you don't understand the core issue at all. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't think it's exactly a wild speculation at this point when saying that the Corruption system was implemented with little to no regard for PvP.
    If I'm totally honest I'm not sure they paid particular attention to PvE either.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    GW is more efficient on tanks because most classes have their actual abilities as a large portion of their damage. This however doesn't erase the fact the tanks are inherently tuned lower damage wise, and everybody else just scales better naturally and with item level.

Keep in mind it's not just a net gain, you're actively trading corruption budget from something to GW, it's not just a flat damage boost from absolutely nothing. Most people in PvP are trading versatility amps for GW.

I don't understand why you're coming into a thread complaining about tanks in high rated 3s (I don't even know what you consider high rated, because you never gave us anything), while posting screenshots of DPS with gushing wounds in your games? It completely lacks context, and without even knowing the scoreboard at the end, damage meters literally don't mean a whole lot.

Expect more GW nerfs!

5+ Year Old Account
    Do dots proc GW? Or is it only 'attacks'? I could only imagine running behind los with rogue/dk dots on you and just bleeding out because of GW procs.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    GW is PPM and is modified by haste. I can't remember if it's 4 or 5 PPM, but absolutely procs more with higher haste. Having more dots and bleeds doesn't mean that it's going to proc more.

I'm 100% sure that Blizzard devs thought:

why balance individual specs when the biggest power ups are THE SAME for everyone?

(yes, I know they are not the same, but Blizz thougth this way)