Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Horde players should have to delete one character off their account, and give 2 real money tokens to Alliance players.

Because of the stupid-evil story Blizzard forced on them in BFA.

I would have a hefty chortle if we had forsaken blight alchemists under tauren guidance planting flowers in Darkshore.

Actually yeah, that. Through the combined efforts of forsaken with blight counter-agents, with horde shamans and druids, repair ALL of Darkshore to its pre-Cataclysm state.

And a 50/50 split on Sylvanas's corpse. My forsaken can eat the brains, and Tyrande can drain the blood to sign that peace treaty.

Then we all live happily ever after or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Not really and that is the main problem, the horde wasn't beaten after wc3 , it always ended up being more or less a draw and a flimsy armistice. Once again status quo has been established, with neither side capable of beating the other and it will most likely remain that way until the mmo is shut down, or blizz grows some balls and is willing to make an expansion about an occupation.
    I would say the Pandaren campaign and Fourth War both ended in pretty clear Alliance victories, considering both times the Alliance called all the shots on outlining the armistice/treaties. A victory doesn't necessitate utterly breaking the opponent militarily. That Horde rebels helped the Alliance win in both the Pandaren Campaign and the Fourth War is notable but it doesn't mean those weren't Horde losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Horde tried the whole "peace" thing a couple times in the last couple of years. Each time it was ruined, first by genn in stormheim. Then again by Anduin in Arathi.

When a party refuses peace, there isnt much left aside from bloodshed.
    We could spend all day dicking around over how many times Alliance or Horde actors reignited tensions. I mean it. There are entire threads where people go back and forth over which attack or which atrocity was to blame for which faction clash over the course of several days. There's a good reason even the narrative calls it a cycle of hatred, with at least one NPC, Taran Zhu, outright outlining the core probelm ("Every violent act triggers immediate reprisal, which itself is an act of violence!").

That's pretty unrelated to the point, in that as much as the Horde talks big, they haven't beaten the Alliance in a war since their first push into Azeroth. Since then the best case scenario for them has been calling it a draw (Third War) or rebels helping secure an Alliance win (or at least, securing a defeat for the sitting Warchief which is tantamount to a Horde defeat). Of the five major wars waged between the factions, the Horde was objectively victorious over the Alliance in one, the Alliance broke the Horde as a faction in one, both sides agreed to a ceasefire in in the face of apocalypse in one, the sitting Warchief was deposed by the Alliance and Horde rebels in one, and the sitting Warchief abandoned the Horde leaving the rebels to accede to Alliance terms in one, the last two of which would be an objective Alliance win since the Alliance got to outline the terms of cooling the war off with the Horde in those two. That Varian and Anduin softballed their terms is besides the point.

edit: Forgot one.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-06-10 at 07:23 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Make peace, ally with them, work with them together to heal and mend all thigns.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I would have a hefty chortle if we had forsaken blight alchemists under tauren guidance planting flowers in Darkshore.

Actually yeah, that. Through the combined efforts of forsaken with blight counter-agents, with horde shamans and druids, repair ALL of Darkshore to its pre-Cataclysm state.

And a 50/50 split on Sylvanas's corpse. My forsaken can eat the brains, and Tyrande can drain the blood to sign that peace treaty.

Then we all live happily ever after or whatever.
    Hey Christie Golden, is that you? RAS alchemists growing flowers in a sandbox sounds a lot like you.

More on topic, there will be no reparations, if history is any hint. There weren't any reparations after the Second War, there weren't after MoP (in fact, Tyrande gave all of Azshara to the Horde in exchange for their withdrawal from Ashenvale), so why should there be now? Especially since Anduin will be doing the Light knows what in the shadowlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I would say the Pandaren campaign and Fourth War both ended in pretty clear Alliance victories, considering both times the Alliance called all the shots on outlining the armistice/treaties. A victory doesn't necessitate utterly breaking the opponent militarily. That Horde rebels helped the Alliance win in both the Pandaren Campaign and the Fourth War is notable but it doesn't mean those weren't Horde losses.
    Those victories, if you really want to call them that were utterly meaningless though, the Alliance was in no position to enforce a victory, to subdue the horde so to speak in any way, which renders the whole who won what debate from the get go utterly pointless. Nothing changed, there were hardly any meaningful consequences just the same shit. Blizz wrote these conflicts deliberately in this manner, because they cannot afford to really alienate their fan base, which is why they try to throw both sides a bone, making the story utter shit in the process and any kind of faction conflict pointless from the get go.

Those victories, if you really want to call them that were utterly meaningless though, the Alliance was in no position to enforce a victory, to subdue the horde so to speak in any way, which renders the whole who won what debate from the get go utterly pointless. Nothing changed, there were hardly any meaningful consequences just the same shit. Blizz wrote these conflicts deliberately in this manner, because they cannot afford to really alienate their fan base, which is why they try to throw both sides a bone, making the story utter shit in the process and any kind of faction conflict pointless from the get go.
    No, there was a point, it changed several core foundations of Warcraft (the Horde structure, the Night Elves and Worgen, the Forsaken, maybe the end of all wars and the boundaries between the factions). It just didn't have any pay off because it's all build up for a future expansion, so the story feels like a ripoff in the interim because the "end" of that story is gated behind years and money.

Blizzard is making story arcs that pay off in a decade and people are dropping like flies in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    No, there was a point, it changed several core foundations of Warcraft (the Horde structure, the Night Elves and Worgen, the Forsaken, maybe the end of all wars and the boundaries between the factions). It just didn't have any pay off because it's all build up for a future expansion, so the story feels like a ripoff in the interim because the "end" of that story is gated behind years and money.
    If you call pretty much switching government style from warchief to council and council to High king significant, then be my guest. Blizz just tossed the coin, faction war in WoW is just garbage.

Blizzard is making story arcs that pay off in a decade and people are dropping like flies in the real world.
    Usually they are very shallow and their narrative can be guessed pretty easily.

If you call pretty much switching government style from warchief to council and council to High king, the be my guest. Blizz just tossed the coin, faction war in WoW is just garbage.
    You say it's just a "switch" but it took literally 15+ years IRL to happen.

High King in Cata, Horde Council in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You say it's just a "switch" but it took literally 15+ years IRL to happen.

High King in Cata, Horde Council in BFA.
    Which means nothing in the overarching narrative, because one faction can now be ruled by a single person, while the other has to work together, what blizz set up here is a possible Alliance villain story down the road, so same shit in blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Were this a real-world situation, a compensation of seizure of land and monetary reparations would be traditional. That could also be the outcome in-game, as both sides operate on the same currency, but we won't see anything. It's too in-depth of a concept for the writers, the game devs, and the players all.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Come over here and try to ask for something you pathetic alliance swine. I'll bash your head in. Just because the leaders want to play patty cake, doesn't mean that's how we all feel. I see alliance, I see blood.

Infracted.
    As painfully cringy this is,you've gotta appreciate how they were infracted with the reason being "Received Infraction"

Top tier moderation as always

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-11 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    What Reparations? Anduin practically bought the Horde by putting Baine in charge and forming a "council" after Sylvanas fucked off whilst Golden Girl Calia has wooed the Forsaken by feeling sorry for Night Elves. Like what are the Alliance going to take that they don't already own?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

The Night elve or the Alliance are not in any position to ask for reparation, so I guess this is just a "what if" question.

Helping with sending druid in Darkshore may appease the tension. I don't know if the Shatterspear troll have druid but if that the case they may help.

May be the Horde could also allow some night elve to reinstall in Ashenvale.

How should Blizzard pay reparations to the Horde, particularly the savage honor club, for continually screwing over both factions to tell their daft faction war stories and splintering the player base even within factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Horde tried the whole "peace" thing a couple times in the last couple of years. Each time it was ruined, first by genn in stormheim. Then again by Anduin in Arathi.

When a party refuses peace, there isnt much left aside from bloodshed.
    I always enjoy reading delusional fanboys Keep going

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    in fact, Tyrande gave all of Azshara to the Horde in exchange for their withdrawal from Ashenvale
    Looky what that stupid generosity got her, and then be amazed when some people try to call her unreasonable for wanting vengeance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

We'll pay you when you repay the debt to the countless trolls you've massacred over the years

alliance pig

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-11 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    An'u belore delen'na

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Looky what that stupid generosity got her, and then be amazed when some people try to call her unreasonable for wanting vengeance.
    Oh, she's right, I won't argue that. But, as we've discussed before, most of the ally fanbase seems to be too much in love with Anduin Sue for anything to change (significantly) in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Come over here and try to ask for something you pathetic alliance swine. I'll bash your head in. Just because the leaders want to play patty cake, doesn't mean that's how we all feel. I see alliance, I see blood.

Infracted.
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-06-11 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topics
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water