Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unique-Equipped rings..

I saw someone wearing 2 of the crit ring from Mechagon Junkyard which is only possible because technically they are not the same due to the proc. But all other rings in the game are "Unique-Equipped" so you cannot wear 2 of the same ring. But why? Rings are basically secondary stat sticks so why is it a problem if people used 2 of the same ring? I don't get the logic behind this.

EDIT: Please understand the topic before commenting. This is not about stacking some insanely overpowered trinket in TBC or Wrath. This is about basic rings with stats in BFA. Nothing fancy about them.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-06-10 at 08:21 PM.

As with most things in wow you play the game how the dev's want or else. Everything else will be nerfed to prevent any creative uses of game mechanics. No insight or logic will change their mind.

Yea, it's really fucking annoying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    As with most things in wow you play the game how the dev's want or else. Everything else will be nerfed to prevent any creative uses of game mechanics. No insight or logic will change their mind.
    Welcome to WoW. As a new player you might not understand why there are unique equip items so I will tell you why.

In WotLK during the ToC raid there was a very powerful trinket that dropped. It was so powerful that for all physical dmg classes it was the bis. And you could wear the normal and herioc versions. There was ninjaing on the scale of DST in BC. There was a great wall of tears about all this ninjaing and how it was BS that everything else was so shit. The only solution was unigue equip so it allowed Blizzard to create fancy rings or trinkets in the future without invalidating every other trinket or ring in the game.

You are welcome for the education.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Welcome to WoW. As a new player you might not understand why there are unique equip items so I will tell you why.

In WotLK during the ToC raid there was a very powerful trinket that dropped. It was so powerful that for all physical dmg classes it was the bis. And you could wear the normal and herioc versions. There was ninjaing on the scale of DST in BC. There was a great wall of tears about all this ninjaing and how it was BS that everything else was so shit. The only solution was unigue equip so it allowed Blizzard to create fancy rings or trinkets in the future without invalidating every other trinket or ring in the game.

Oh?

That was an interesting piece of information, I never reflected on it back then as I was just barely clearing Normal, but damn... Did see lots of drama over that trinket, for sure.

This makes sense for trinkets and proc/equip bonuses (ie green text). For stat only rings and trinkets they should remove this restriction.

no man, dont you know - its because the devs hate fun. right? i read it on the internet....

- - - Updated - - -

imagine that, the game designers dont want the players to do something. how dare they.

Welcome to every game in existence. Devs create games to be played certain ways and make sure that's the best way to play it. It's like crying that you can't run into goombas and win in SMB

The only solution was unigue equip so it allowed Blizzard to create fancy rings or trinkets in the future without invalidating every other trinket or ring in the game.
    There is a BIG difference between an overpowered Trinket and a ring with some stats on it. It doesn't really make sense why some overpowered trinket in Wrath should make a ring with stam, haste and mastery unique-equipped in BFA 10 years after..

And they are not even creating any fancy rings which are broken to stack anyway, other than you need the secondary stats. If they someday made a very fancy ring then they could make THAT specific ring unique-equipped. There is no reason to make all basic rings unique-equipped.

Also, weapons are not unique-equipped. You can stack 2 of the same overpowered weapons. Examples: Unguent Caress in 8.3 and Diver's Folly in 8.2. These weapons make/made all other weapons invalid, so why does the logic only applies to rings? Even when it's more relevant for weapons right now than rings. How is that logic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    no man, dont you know - its because the devs hate fun. right? i read it on the internet....

- - - Updated - - -

imagine that, the game designers dont want the players to do something. how dare they.
    We are talking about some basic rings with some stats on... not some insanely overpowered trinket. This is not a "fun detected" thread
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-06-10 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe it goes back to that trinket, but meanwhile has changed and doesn't apply anymore. So maybe Blizzard just didn't look into it yet. Because indeed....it is mostly stamina and a couple of secondary stats nowadays.
    There are actually a lot of rings in the game which are not unique-equipped. Just not at max level for some reason... or I'm actually not sure if the pvp rings are unique-equipped.

It makes good sense that Fire mages cannot dual equip 2 font of power trinkets :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    There are actually a lot of rings in the game which are not unique-equipped. Just not at max level for some reason... or I'm actually not sure if the pvp rings are unique-equipped.

It makes good sense that Fire mages cannot dual equip 2 font of power trinkets :P
    I mean, they couldn't use them simultaneously anyways. But yeah, there are trinkets that are way too powerful to let them stack.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I mean, they couldn't use them simultaneously anyways. But yeah, there are trinkets that are way too powerful to let them stack.
    Exactly. But rings with some stamina and some secondary stats are not in the same bracket as powerful trinkets

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Unique-equip on items—including rings and trinkets—existed in the base game. Do you mean to say that the Unique-Equip flag became much more common?
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Perhaps

Cause almost every item is 'special' as in only 1 of them exists.

I have a 'Overseer's Lost Seal' on my character at the moment. I imagine, lorewise, for whatever tiny lore there may be, the overseer was wearing this one specific ring. Not 2 identical ones.

I saw someone wearing 2 of the crit ring from Mechagon Junkyard which is only possible because technically they are not the same due to the proc. But all other rings in the game are "Unique-Equipped" so you cannot wear 2 of the same ring. But why? Rings are basically secondary stat sticks so why is it a problem if people used 2 of the same ring? I don't get the logic behind this.

EDIT: Please understand the topic before commenting. This is not about stacking some insanely overpowered trinket in TBC or Wrath. This is about basic rings with stats in BFA. Nothing fancy about them.
    The reason for rings to be unique is so that Blizzard can better balance drop rates across many different dungeons / bosses.
    It's very simple actually.

If you had your BiS stat ring drop from, lets say, Hivemind and you could wear two of them then you would be forced to farm Hivemind non-stop for double the time.
    This way, you are encouraged to run other bosses / dungeons to get your other ring.
    This exists so no dungeon or boss is entirely abandoned so that not literally every player is doing the same content for the same loot.

The second reason is loot table balance. This means more rings can be added to the loot tables which indirectly means that more other stuff can be on the loot tables.
    Rings are universal which means every single spec can get them to drop. This is important because this keeps loot distribution balanced.

The actual gameplay side of this is much more in depth than "bruv blizz sucks why cant i hav the funz".
    Next time try to think about what the actual system influences in the game before complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    The reason for rings to be unique is so that Blizzard can better balance drop rates across many different dungeons / bosses.
    It's very simple actually.

If you had your BiS stat ring drop from, lets say, Hivemind and you could wear two of them then you would be forced to farm Hivemind non-stop for double the time.
    This way, you are encouraged to run other bosses / dungeons to get your other ring.
    This exists so no dungeon or boss is entirely abandoned so that not literally every player is doing the same content for the same loot.

The second reason is loot table balance. This means more rings can be added to the loot tables which indirectly means that more other stuff can be on the loot tables.
    Rings are universal which means every single spec can get them to drop. This is important because this keeps loot distribution balanced.

The actual gameplay side of this is much more in depth than "bruv blizz sucks why cant i hav the funz".
    Next time try to think about what the actual system influences in the game before complaining about it.
    What about the Ra-den weapons then?

Also, if you read my post you will see that I’m actually not complaining. I’m simply asking why it is that way. And now you have given me your answer for that question so thank you for that. But I don’t understand why you feel it’s necessary to be nasty in the end. That’s your choice of course.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-06-16 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    This makes sense for trinkets and proc/equip bonuses (ie green text). For stat only rings and trinkets they should remove this restriction.
    Unstable Arcanocrystal would be the primary example where that still doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Unstable Arcanocrystal would be the primary example where that still doesn't work.
    I think it’s wrong to compare rings and trinket. The same rules don’t have to apply to those two groups all the time.

Because then why even have 2 ring slots? You just get the same ring twice and be done with it. Sounds boring.

That's like making a 2nd leg slot or 2nd shirt slot for both legs/arms, nothing would change, you would just get a 2nd version of the exact same item.
    Last edited by Raone; 2020-06-16 at 06:33 AM.