Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Yes, previously we had master looting. And let's be honest, you'd have your item by now if master looting was still a thing. I know, I know I don't know that for a fact - but anecdotally it seemed rare with master loot to not have something after 15-20 weeks of clearing.
    well with the current system its actualy far easier to get the gear you want,for one thing pl has more drops by default than the old system,and if you have plenty of specs that the wep can drop for the odds of it droping increases greatly,do it every week with about the same people and you will get it eventualy,before pl the weapon could literaly never drop,now multiple can drop

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Plenty of drops I never got (or saw drop) back when we still had ML. Random loot is random.
    Congratulations on completely missing my point. Don't quote me if you're going to be that dense cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    Congratulations on completely missing my point. Don't quote me if you're going to be that dense cheers.
    Actually I meant to quote the person you replied to, not you. Maybe don't be so sensitive though?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    My pala still hasn't seen the head from Nzoth RNG sucks sometimes. Tend to focus more on the unlucky things rather than say many amazingly stat'd items I've gotten from the mythic+ chests.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    My pala still hasn't seen the head from Nzoth RNG sucks sometimes. Tend to focus more on the unlucky things rather than say many amazingly stat'd items I've gotten from the mythic+ chests.
    Man, we focus on those things because they happen way too often. I fucking hate RNG in this game. The only fucking items I get from my visions are bracers or belts and all are dogshit fucking echoing void/void ritual trash stat ones.

This screenshot is showing the result of 4 of my 5 mask runs from yesterday. First 2 are echoing void, I fucking shit you not. ECHOING VOID TWICE on a BELT, TWICE. What are the odds of that shit happening? Third one is the R3 Haste amp for 4 seconds proc and the 470 one was a mastery belt (for a fucking DH), but had nice stats so I purged that shit for TD3 or some other corruption when it shows up.

... bracers with echoing void. It's wrists and bracers all the time with me. Echoig. void. bracers.

Excuse me, sir, but can I interest you in some more echoing void? As if you didn't already have enough of that?

4 ra'den kills with bonus rolls this week. AP/gold.

Want to be my weekly chest is going to be wrists or belt again?
    Last edited by mauserr; 2020-06-15 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Has anyone else not seen a single raden weapon drop this expansion? I haven't gotten into Mythic as i'm a casual, but I've done heroic every week and double rolled every week since my guild could clear it which is I think 10-15 kills now so 20-30 rolls, I've yet to get a Raden weapon on my main...

Meanwhile I see people with 4 or 5 on their account with half the kills I have on my main... It's actually making me not want to play my DH because of how bullshit this RNG system is.. Still waiting on a Torment to drop too o.O
    I feel your pain. 57 kills/bonus rolls and nothing. Yet I have 5 Bile-Crawg Tusk, one of which is 475. RNG is RNG

Sad RNG indeed, meanwhile i have 2 characters with 2 x Unguent Caress from Heroic with 14 and 8 kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I wanted to upgrade my herb picker's weapon, and noticed Ra'den drops a sweet upgrade. I queued up for it and it dropped right away. Then when my main needs an upgrade, it takes weeks, if not months to get it drop. Like my hunter still has not seen a single ranged weapon drop from Ny'aloha, despite doing it every week on 3 different difficulties. But pants and gloves, they drop from every third boss or chest I loot. And one shit trinket has dropped 10 times from a chest so far.

I really hope there will be some improvements to bad luck prevention in Shadowlands. The option to choose your weekly reward is a very nice start, but raids also need similar treatment.This boss dropped pants last time? Reroll the drop until it's something else than pants this time.
    I would prefer if less items dropped but you'd be protected from getting dupes unless you already dropped everything from a boss loot table.

My worst streak of bad luck was in the first tier of MOP. I raided the entire tier with blue weapon from dungeons. The sha touched weapon from Lei-Shi never dropped until a week before TOT release. I was unable to use my legendary quest rewards, they just sat in bank doing nothing. It was incredibly dumb to have just 1 ranged weapon drop from a 10-boss tier, and that ranged weapon happened to be on a boss dropping tier tokens. And this was in 10-man raiding, where the loot would always contain 1 tier token and 1 other item (out of 17). So the chance of seeing the item drop was just 1:17. That's extremely low, it should never happen as it's very easy to produce very long bad luck streaks with chance this low.

Then came Siege of Orgrimmar which had 4 ranged weapons over 14 bosses - first on golden lotus champions, second on Galakras, third on Malkorok and fourth on Paragons of the Klaxxi.

I've got two on my alt. Rng is rng.

Although it wouldn't go amiss if a mid tier vendor appeared that sold items from bosses you've killed. Didn't Firelands also have that item that upgraded a lower ilvl item to a higher one?

Has anyone else not seen a single raden weapon drop this expansion? I haven't gotten into Mythic as i'm a casual, but I've done heroic every week and double rolled every week since my guild could clear it which is I think 10-15 kills now so 20-30 rolls, I've yet to get a Raden weapon on my main...

Meanwhile I see people with 4 or 5 on their account with half the kills I have on my main... It's actually making me not want to play my DH because of how bullshit this RNG system is.. Still waiting on a Torment to drop too o.O
    i killed heroic once in windwalker loot spec. got one. /shrug. its always 50/50.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Loot is rng, and has been since vanilla. You get furious about that now?

I have two raden weapons, and one of my guildies that started 4 weeks again got 2. While our shaman have not gotten his second in what, 5 months. Lots of torments though.

Loot rng can suck, sure. I never got MoB or Deathbringers Will for instance. When I raided in Karazhan I had a blue bow for 6 months before finally getting one from Vashj later on. You know when it dropped all 3 ranged weps in Kara? The one raid I didnt attend to. So yeah, loot can suck, for sure.
    it took me months and months and months for deathbringers will. these days people expect to have everything as soon as possible. shadowlands is going to be a trip for people. wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    It's one of the magic perks of not being able to distribute out loot in premade groups, you just gotta fucking hope
    dont worry, im pretty sure they are going to lower the amount of loot given out in shadowlands. you can be upset when it takes as long to bet your BiS with no rng systems as it does now...

3+ Year Old Account
    What was your experience with Legion legendaries? Infuriating I bet, was for me

Took me about 14 bonus rolls before I got my heroic bow on my hunter.

Good ole RNG. I got the normal fist weapon I use in my timewalking set.

I got both trinkets before I got a slapper. I was tanking a pug with 2 450 weapons and everyone whispered me "you don't need that weapon do you?" WHY DO YOU THINK IM HERE!!!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I got the 445 version from cache from timewalking event 2 hours after hitting 120
    never seen one from actual ra-den on my monk tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Man, we focus on those things because they happen way too often. I fucking hate RNG in this game. The only fucking items I get from my visions are bracers or belts and all are dogshit fucking echoing void/void ritual trash stat ones.

This screenshot is showing the result of 4 of my 5 mask runs from yesterday. First 2 are echoing void, I fucking shit you not. ECHOING VOID TWICE on a BELT, TWICE. What are the odds of that shit happening? Third one is the R3 Haste amp for 4 seconds proc and the 470 one was a mastery belt (for a fucking DH), but had nice stats so I purged that shit for TD3 or some other corruption when it shows up.

... bracers with echoing void. It's wrists and bracers all the time with me. Echoig. void. bracers.

Excuse me, sir, but can I interest you in some more echoing void? As if you didn't already have enough of that?

4 ra'den kills with bonus rolls this week. AP/gold.

Want to be my weekly chest is going to be wrists or belt again?
    excuse me since this is off-topic. Which font are you using for those tooltips?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Loot is rng, and has been since vanilla. You get furious about that now?

I have two raden weapons, and one of my guildies that started 4 weeks again got 2. While our shaman have not gotten his second in what, 5 months. Lots of torments though.

Loot rng can suck, sure. I never got MoB or Deathbringers Will for instance. When I raided in Karazhan I had a blue bow for 6 months before finally getting one from Vashj later on. You know when it dropped all 3 ranged weps in Kara? The one raid I didnt attend to. So yeah, loot can suck, for sure.
    It's why I'll never play a DW class after they took out the legion artifacts that amde DW and 2H equal as a single weapon slot.

It took me 3 months to even get a 470 2H upgrade to the 455 I had been sitting in despite doing every weekly M+15. Fuck doing that twice.

10+ Year Old Account

Been farming it on my main DH for months on mythic/heroic, nothing.

Oh well...
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Yes, previously we had master looting. And let's be honest, you'd have your item by now if master looting was still a thing. I know, I know I don't know that for a fact - but anecdotally it seemed rare with master loot to not have something after 15-20 weeks of clearing.
    I tanked Trial of the Crusader 25 every week that it was the current raid and never saw this shield drop, not once. Didn't get it until well after transmog was a thing.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Just add a bunch of DHs who have it and run together.. Get both in like 2 weeks. Offer to pay them some gold just to help you if need be. Getting gear has never been easier rn.