Poll: Would you?

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Literally just buy wow tokens and buy boosts like the rest of you whales do

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The shop should close down and all those items should be obtainable in the game.
    And where do you propose the budget for creating those items comes from hmmm?

Your opinion here is not unpopular, but it's also completely oblivious to the realities of business. If Blizzard were to suddenly get rid of the shop, that would result in a significant loss of revenue. You cannot possibly believe that such a cut in revenue would not result in cost cutting measures, including a reduction in the development budget.

In essence, shop items exist only because the shop provides the necessary income to justify their creation. If anything, there are probably many things that we experience in-game that owe their existence to the shop.

I'm still curious, were people not up in arms over the Everwyrm and Eternal Traveler's Set from the Shadowlands tier 2 pre-order?

Because that's... that's pretty much a cash-only mog set. It's there, it's available right now, and there are plenty of people doing their own thing wearing it, as well as plenty of people doing their own thing and not giving a shit about people wearing it.

Future mog sets, assuming they go directly on the shop, would more than likely be cheaper than the price you currently have to pay for the Eternal Traveller set, which, technically, is the price of the expansion + $20.

I'm assuming people either haven't really realized this yet, or don't care, because I don't see a lot of people talking about it... If you haven't realized this and are just now, what exactly is your opinion on the matter? Are you going to start protesting people who preordered the expansion at tier 2 by voting to kick people who are wearing the set? Are you going to harass people on the forums who voice their indifference/approval of the set and the fact that it's actually only obtainable through the shop?

If you didn't care about/don't mind the Eternal Traveller set, and you do feel opposed to Blizzard putting mog sets on the shop, then... well, first of all, do you exist? Second of all, why? What's the difference here?

Sorry if this sounds dumb. I don't mean to. I'm just kinda struggling to understand why people are saying "If Blizzard does this, that's the last straw, blah blah." or "Blizzard would be super scummy to go this far!" when... as far as I'm seeing, Blizzard has done this, and has gone that far. Is it because it's tied to a pre-order? In that case, does it only matter how Blizzard words the fact that they're selling mogs for cash? Is it because the Eternal Traveller set is locked behind an in-game quest? In that case, would putting a little quest/grind in front of all store cosmetics suddenly excuse the fact that they're still cash-only?

(OP response) I .. wouldn't mind if they added this kind of thing?

But personally this seems much more like a F2P kind of cash shop idea.

I mean nothing in the shop bugs me now and this wouldn't either and if I wanted one of them, I'd just end up buying it at some point I guess.

Price is a huge factor, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    What if Blizzard sold transmog sets in the shop? Like unlike the store helmets these are entire armor sets. Maybe even weapons and enchants. I'd instantly throw my money at the screen. Listen, I am neither good enough nor do i have the time for mythic raiding, and mythic raiding is always where the cool armor sets are. I get the "How about unlocking them through achivements/acomplishments?" but I like many others have more money than time, and I'd very much enjoy to look badass without having to run ancient raids for months.

Yes/No?
    normally i would press „No!!!“ instantly. my finger automatically already was above the button. but in a world where Blizz asks me to completely level up a Maghar Orc to have/use/collect that cool tmog, just to delete that same character when reaching 120, bc i have all the classes already at max level.... in that world i could totally imagine myself spending 10 bugs or so, to skip that brainless fucked up grind shit.

in the end i voted „No!!!“ anyway. Because i come more and more to the conclusion that i should stop playing wow, after 15 years of uninterrupted subscription (yes, owner of that bronce orc statue). because wow moved far away from its root and what is fun to me, company wise and game design wise. and since i am not interessted in doing all that stuff again in classic variants, i simply come to the conclusion that i am the error in the system. i have to find myself another game, it seems.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-06-11 at 01:52 PM.

It's as dumb as the only 2 mounts that walk on water being tied behind a damn Rep grind from 4 expansions ago or the shop. They released mount equipment allow me to put it on my damn mount so I don't have to do a rep grind or play a DK or shammy to play the shitty water filled zones. Likewise I don't want to be forced to buy transmog sets or gear from the store. I think the worst thing they have done to the game was the Tokens and the blizzard store in general. If you want things in the game play the game. I don't mind things like transfers, race/ faction changes or even a paid level boost when you look at the game and had 120 levels staring you in the face. But now that they cut levels in half and it sounds like there is an actual reasonable /played time to level I see no reason for that to be in game either.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protpaul View Post
    People buying cashshop items in a sub game degrade it for everyone...
    How so?

The cash shop provides the game with more revenue, which justifies a larger development budget. The idea that we have less in the game because of the shop is appealing to people who have an irrational hatred of the shop, but it makes zero logical sense whatsoever.

Ironically, though something that does degrade the game for everyone is people who act in nasty and spiteful ways toward other players....

Quote Originally Posted by protpaul View Post
    I already kick people out of my group with the helm transmog my booting skills would just climb higher.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    It's as dumb as the only 2 mounts that walk on water being tied behind a damn Rep grind from 4 expansions ago or the shop. They released mount equipment allow me to put it on my damn mount so I don't have to do a rep grind or play a DK or shammy to play the shitty water filled zones. Likewise I don't want to be forced to buy transmog sets or gear from the store. I think the worst thing they have done to the game was the Tokens and the blizzard store in general. If you want things in the game play the game. I don't mind things like transfers, race/ faction changes or even a paid level boost when you look at the game and had 120 levels staring you in the face. But now that they cut levels in half and it sounds like there is an actual reasonable /played time to level I see no reason for that to be in game either.
    your post raised an interesting point in my mind. topic wise i agree to around 50% (foremost that Tokens are the worst cash cow system they could ever do to the game) what you said. but thats completely not my point here. what raised in my mind, while reading your post, is this:

when they (Blizz) are at the point of accepting to cut leveling time by a half, the money they loose from subs and new players these days, must be higher, than the money they gain from meta stuff like boosts, shop, cash cow systems. and this seems to be the beginning of a better future for wow. because, when they have to go back to a behaviour/design, where your product and its quality have to be good to make the most money with it, instead well designed cash grab systems (like i.e. boosts that ppl pay for, bc „omg 120 levels to play the „real“ game“), welll... then there is hope. hope that ppl finally voted with their wallets. in the right direction.

the day Ion Hazzikostas says (ofc crypted in marketing speech):

„We removed all that money makin machine shit from game and go back to long term investments and try again to make money by making the best possible high quality product and try to make our money via long term customers and ppl that pay us, because we have the best possible game.“

...that day i will praise the lord. that day hope will be back.

but, dont get me wrong: i dont believe in this day. i am way to realistic/rational for that, to ever happen. these times are over.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-06-11 at 02:09 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    People who are vehemently against the cash shop and Blizzard trying to profit off of it don't understand the direction the video game industry is going. Microtransaction-based games are going to continue outpacing others. Hard copies don't sell like they used to, digital downloads are the future. Those digital downloads are bought on virtual shops, what better way to supplement the profits from those shops than with microtransactions? It's like the display or candy and gum at the store right in front of the register, the last minute purchases.

"You bought that video game or subscription, now how about spending a couple extra currency on this shiny new armor set?"

It's money hungry for sure, but that's business. Just like bubblegum sales (even though gum/candy and microtransactions are definitely not analagous from a sales perspective in any given store, but the point stands) helps a grocery store pay its employees, microtransactions help video game companies pay their employees.

Got a problem with it? Start your own company, and don't sell any bubblegum.

Edit: Transmog sets on the shop would be fine if they didn't overshadow in-game gear. If they're way too cool, people who can't afford it/are ideologically against it will complain. That's why I am of the opinion that the only transmog sets they should put on the shop are as follows:

- Hopefully they would bring back the cosmetic helms. So three full sets to match each of the cosmetic helmets i.e. Hungering Darkness, Eternal Winter, and Firelord sets.
    - Updates and recolors of gear from previous expansions. Perhaps one iconic raid set for each class?
    - Armor and weapons made to match store mounts
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-06-11 at 02:17 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the day Ion Hazzikostas says (ofc crypted in marketing speech):

„We removed all that money makin machine shit from game and go back to long term investments and try again to make money by making the best possible high quality product and try to make our money via long term customers and ppl that pay us, because we have the best possible game.“

...that day i will praise the lord. that day hope will be back.
    Please explain how you came to the faulty conclusion that the shop is, in any way whatsoever, a deterrent to them making a high quality product and aiming for long term customers. Because, if anything, the shop is an incentive for them to do just that....

To make older raid set relevant (whatever is not the current xpac), Blizzard should let crafting professions craft previous tiers (without the stats) and let them be BOE. It makes older irrelevant profession levels (anything prior to BFA) relevant. And players can save a lot of time doing meaningless runs of outdated content over and over and over again. It's a decent gold synch for the game's economy and will stir up more WOW Token purchases. It's a win/ win for everyone involved. Let's face reality for a minute. Blizzard is 100% motivated by $$$ and if something is deemed to be profitable, it gives Blizzard a greater incentive to do it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    People who are vehemently against the cash shop and Blizzard trying to profit off of it don't understand the direction the video game industry is going.
    They also don't understand the basics of economics and business.

WoW is not the kind of product that could exist based on people devoting their time, effort and talents out of charity. It exists, and continues to grow because it is a profitable product. And if you look at the game's history, it clearly needed to figure out a way to keep itself profitable as it got older and the world around it changed. It was literally a case of adapt or die.

Adding the shop is exactly what was need to feed the game what it needs to continue to thrive. And honestly, I don't want to see this game starting to die. That's why I support the idea of the shop.

Better solution would be to make items of Transmog Sets (Or really any form of obsolete gear) not soulbound anymore. That way they can be sold and bought at the AH, while Blizz uses their existing method of goldselling (aka making 7€ of profit per sold Token) to make their money. And they would create a new market in the game. Everyone profits.

Dont care. Probably wont buy them. The only store mount i have has been gifted to me. I believe the only thing i bought extra was cinder kitten and the deluxe kits

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Buying a Tmog set with real money and walking around town because you're still ass at the game (as you said) sounds much less fun than actually doing the content.
    Some people are willing to spend money. Other are willing to spend time.

Grinding is fun for some, nut not for others. I remember hearing people complaining about the Headless Horseman, mount. Rivendare Mount. How they spend years grinding and still not receiving it. That they should deserve it because of the amount of time they devoted to it.

Yeah. It so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    People like you, with this mentality, truly are ruining not just this video game but all video games.
    And how are they exactly ruining all video games? Because they play differently?

If anyone is ruined the video games, it is those people who cares about how other people enjoy their game and wants to change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Why dont major sport institutions like for example fifa introduce buyable medals after a world cup?

Because they have some actual backbone and they know it would take away from the people who got first place and actually earned their reward

"but maaaaaaaaam - middle scholders also pay to play football in their respective clubs - they should recieve exactly the same rewards as the best footballers in the world who worked their ass off for those rewards"

No. Just no. Go home.
    So to let you know, you can replica shirts of major sports teams.

Paying for items in a shop just makes it so you get LESS for your game-time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, it's fine as long as each transmog purchase was valued at the real-money value of a WoW token or less ($20?).

That way people who don't want to use real money to buy the transmog could farm up the gold, buy a token on the Auction House, and purchase the transmog set that way.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    They also don't understand the basics of economics and business.

WoW is not the kind of product that could exist based on people devoting their time, effort and talents out of charity. It exists, and continues to grow because it is a profitable product. And if you look at the game's history, it clearly needed to figure out a way to keep itself profitable as it got older and the world around it changed. It was literally a case of adapt or die.

Adding the shop is exactly what was need to feed the game what it needs to continue to thrive. And honestly, I don't want to see this game starting to die. That's why I support the idea of the shop.
    Agreed 100%. And the Blizz cash shop is very, VERY tame compared to whats out there. I would argue they could be more ballsy with what they put on it. Never anything that directly affects gameplay, but all sorts of aesthetic options I'm totally down for.

If blizzard sold transmog sets in the shop...
    ... they would look like the store mounts: Cute, generic, something to fit as many as possible people's favour to sells as many as possible. Aka boring. I'd rather farm my ass of for something i really like than buying a flying white mouse or flying fat pigs are some corresponding armor sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I have never and will never spend anything on the shop. The shop should close down and all those items should be obtainable in the game.
    I have but only for WoW gold (gold->tokens->shop items) but I agree with you. Cash shops only have a place in F2P games. I'd never spend real money in any of them either.