Poll: Would you?

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Seems pretty pathetic to do that. To ostracize someone purely on something that is cosmetic doesn’t make any sense. Seems like people who do that you wouldn’t want to group up with them at all.
    It is, was, and will always be pathetic. That's the community we have. It bites. The game has been much better to play since I opted out of playing with potentially psychotic randos.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not fully sure how I'd feel about it in all truth. If they were to do that, it would come down to how much it costs and how it looks for me to want to buy it. Lets say it was £10 for a recolour of a previously released tier set, I wouldn't buy it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    They tired sell transmogs remember, this three helmets?

I wouldn't care. You can already buy millions of actual gold from them if you want to, selling more transmog would be a drop in the bucket at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Because running the same raid over and over again with a weekly lockout for a 0.1% drop chance is so much fun...
    Whats the point in having an armor set that everyone knows is from the shop? Its the same with mounts. People literally laugh at you and shake their heads at you.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    They tired sell transmogs remember, this three helmets?
    He addressed this in the OP. Did you read it? No, you didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Whats the point in having an armor set that everyone knows is from the shop? Its the same with mounts. People literally laugh at you and shake their heads at you.
    Ever played FFXIV? It's not a big deal there. People don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It is, was, and will always be pathetic. That's the community we have. It bites. The game has been much better to play since I opted out of playing with potentially psychotic randos.
    Toxic behavior is toxic behavior.

There is something to be said about cool looking mounts(and per this thread, armor sets) coming from the shop instead of being obtained in the game. Blizzard is incentivized to put the coolest mounts/armor sets in the shop because they would probably sell more, and players loose out on cool armor sets/mounts being tied to actual achievements in the game.

I dont really see how people choosing to show their disdain for that by not wanting to participate in content with people who support that structure are "potentially psycgotic randos"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    He addressed this in the OP. Did you read it? No, you didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Ever played FFXIV? It's not a big deal there. People don't care.
    I havent, no. Its a different game though so i dont really see the point.

One of the driving forces of wow was always getting cool armor sets/mounts from endgame content to show up to other players. I'm guessing that means absolutely nothing in ff

they would have to up their game significantly with the quality of those sets for me to ever consider it.
    and by the looks of it they can't really create anything impressive enough with this engine.
    last couple of expansions npc's have been sporting way better looking outfits than what we've been given so.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

The sets would suck tho like how there's not a single cool store mount.

No, no, no.

Anyone here progressed Ulduar during WOTLK? Anyone here progressed Algalon, during WOTLK? When the sparkle-pony (Or TRH, That Retarded Horse) got data mined, EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE thought it would either be an 100% drop or a rare drop from Algalon. Maybe an achievement? Maybe a META-achievement? Who knows, but the point is the following:

People got excited to see a mount which was OBVIOUSLY based on a hard, Heroic-only hidden Boss being added to the game, and speculation about how to obtain this mount was running rampant for weeks.

And then we found out you buy it for 20 euroes from the in-game cash-shop.

Just put yourselves in my position, my guild's position, anyone who was progressing that raid's position. You see a mount, obviously modelled after the heroic only boss, just to be told "Nope, you can't have this, it's not for you, it's for people who wanna spend 20 euroes on a mount". That feeling, bar none, has been the worst feeling World of Warcraft has given me in the 16 yrs I've been playing this game, from 13 to 29. Assholes, bad guild masters/officers, toxic people, bad RNG on loot/during fights, none of those come CLOSE to the game creator himself telling you "Nope, this amazing skin that we have never seen before in-game, cannot be obtained in game".

It should've never been a mount-store. It should've been the reward for "murdering" Algalon (we never actually kill him, he just changes his mind) and saving Azeroth from the Re-Origination Device.

Now, why am I mentioning That Retarded Horse? Cause it's the first occasion of something that SHOULD HAVE been obtainable in game being put on the cash-store. You can take this sentiment, this analysis, and apply it to EVERY SINGLE mount in the Cash-Store. Partly applies to Collector's Edition's too - the Quillens from MOP CE should've been a drop in Mogu'Shan Terrace, etc etc.

TLR; putting shit on the cash-store is a knee to the stomach to anyone who wants these things available in-game. Please don't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Toxic behavior is toxic behavior.

There is something to be said about cool looking mounts(and per this thread, armor sets) coming from the shop instead of being obtained in the game. Blizzard is incentivized to put the coolest mounts/armor sets in the shop because they would probably sell more, and players loose out on cool armor sets/mounts being tied to actual achievements in the game.

I dont really see how people choosing to show their disdain for that by not wanting to participate in content with people who support that structure are "potentially psycgotic randos"
    Don't change the subject. The response was about those who kicked people from groups simply because they were wearing the helm.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Role playing takes up time, it's inherent in the genre because games take as long as needed to tell the story + time to see your character/s grow along with it. You can't have that kind of meaningful development with a serious time investment, because without that time there is far less attachment to character.

You're arguing for a shooter where you don't shoot anything, or a metroidvania with no items. How much time is always up to you, but to get everything and see the whole story always requires a lot of time.
    "A role-playing game (sometimes spelled roleplaying game; abbreviated RPG) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making regarding character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines."

There is no requirement on time.

Don't change the subject. The response was about those who kicked people from groups simply because they were wearing the helm.
    I wasnt trying to change the subject.

Wearing the helm -> they bought the helm -> they support the cash shop -> Blizzard is incentivized to do more of that stuff

The only real way you can impact that is complain on the forums(which, lets be honest, has absolutely no impact) or show your disdain towards it ingame.

Now short of being actually toxic towards people and breaking tos and stuff - you ahve the option of refusing to play with those people

Hell no its very rarely I see anyone these days that looks unique anyways with it being so easy to farm transmog.

Also they need to drop the subscription first.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Yes, and those people SHOULD be kicked. Not because of how they used their YD (Disposable Income, economics notation), noone cares about that. Your YD is yours to use, and yours alone, end of story.

HOWEVER, as mentioned above, that's NOT why they got kicked. While those 3 transmog helmets could've been rewards for a MYRIAD of things, whether it be boss drops, achievements, meta-achievements, profession-related - you name it, they were not. They were cash-grabs. And they were (arguably) MUCH more detailed and higher quality models than what was available in game at the time. People who support this type of corporate greedy behaviour have no place in my groups. I don't PUG alot, but if I did, I would sure as hell kick anyone that used those helms. Not because of the helm, not because I wanna tell them how to use their YD, but because they support a business practice that I VEHEMENTLY oppose. And as PUG leader, I have the right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    "A role-playing game (sometimes spelled roleplaying game; abbreviated RPG) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making regarding character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines."

There is no requirement on time.
    1. RPG is a really bad term for a lot of different things. It doesnt have an actual official meaning.
    2. Linking a wikipedia entry isnt the best way to pursuade people

Eh, it's 2020. All the snowflakes of the world who are used to having their way and growing up with things like...."everyone gets a trophy" "here's your participation award" naturally would suggest and want stuff like this instead of having to actually work for it.

"Waaaaaah it's not fair only mythic raiders get stuff" You don't see sports players crying that only 1 team a year gets a superbowl ring do you?

Whales would buy them and it would enough like it always is

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Eh, it's 2020. All the snowflakes of the world who are used to having their way and growing up with things like...."everyone gets a trophy" "here's your participation award" naturally would suggest and want stuff like this instead of having to actually work for it.

"Waaaaaah it's not fair only mythic raiders get stuff" You don't see sports players crying that only 1 team a year gets a superbowl ring do you?
    Why dont major sport institutions like for example fifa introduce buyable medals after a world cup?

Because they have some actual backbone and they know it would take away from the people who got first place and actually earned their reward

"but maaaaaaaaam - middle scholders also pay to play football in their respective clubs - they should recieve exactly the same rewards as the best footballers in the world who worked their ass off for those rewards"

No. Just no. Go home.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: no
    Long answer:noooo
    Only way I will tolerate putting transmog on shop is that it will be created by community and you actually pay for "outsider" artist work like in DotA 2 or with tokens that can also be earned in game. But I would rather put them as achievement rewards such as glory of hero or even simple exploration or so.
    https://www.dota2.com/workshop/
    Last edited by JohnyCge; 2020-06-11 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added link