Poll: Would you?

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nah. Old mog sets are already easy enough to farm. Just turn on your favorite music or radio show and run some old content.

That would esentially mean being able to buy them for gold. I would say good idea.

I have no problem at all with cosmetic items for sale. They literally don't effect gameplay. If you don't like them don't buy them. Yes - the more prestigious stuff should remain difficult to obtain within the game only to retain its prestige.

I'm guilty of buying damn near every glam in the mogstation for FFXIV so if they added in some outfits that made my elf look cute as fuck, like miniskirts n what not, then yes i would throw my money at blizzard xD

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.

I don't mind a few mounts here and there but that is about it. If you have more money than time, get the RAF transmog to unlock. That should fulfill your desire for a purchased transmog. I believe it is something that should be obtained in-game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Let's protect our own interest as players. Who care about what FFXIV does.
    And my intrest is not bound by whatever transmog or mount arrives in a virtual store.
    I only care about how much I have to pay each month to play the game, and what the game will offer to me in return.

And right now, it's a buttload of stuff that I can do in the game, but just don't have the time to. I have like 300 mounts I can collect, thousands of transmogs, several pets, lots of achievements I can attempt to hunt, or work more on my gameplay on my different toons.

As long as whatever is hitting the store is not affecting gameplay whatsoever, I don't really care. I will definately be going berserk if gear with stats or mounts with extra speed is being sold there. Other than that, I don't see how the store in any way really affects players outside of a monetary way to get a cool looking mount/pet/transmog or toy...which none really affect gameplay at all.

If there is anything I want gone, it's the WoW token, as I think it causes more issues than it solves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

I'm strictly against it. Only way I would tolerate it is if they stopped ripping us off with subscriptions. Not to mention all the basic customer service stuff they demand an arm and a leg for. It's not my fault that their fucking systems cause people to aggregate on a few large realms, why the fuck should I have to pay extra to make the basic service Blizzard offers usable?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to have that, but the transmog sets sold in the shop should be exclusive and definitely not obtainable in game otherwise, else it would be pretty much pointless, at least to me. As it's cosmetic only they also could go nuts, with sets costing $1000 and more.

This should provide an additional source of income for game development, provided that the community does not view it as entirely negative and therefor severely harming the game's reputation.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2020-06-11 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm frankly indifferent to the cash shop.
    I have the Silvermoon armor set and my Phoenix, so I'm all set for the foreseeable future.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    And my intrest is not bound by whatever transmog or mount arrives in a virtual store.
    I only care about how much I have to pay each month to play the game, and what the game will offer to me in return.

And right now, it's a buttload of stuff that I can do in the game, but just don't have the time to. I have like 300 mounts I can collect, thousands of transmogs, several pets, lots of achievements I can attempt to hunt, or work more on my gameplay on my different toons.

As long as whatever is hitting the store is not affecting gameplay whatsoever, I don't really care. I will definately be going berserk if gear with stats or mounts with extra speed is being sold there. Other than that, I don't see how the store in any way really affects players outside of a monetary way to get a cool looking mount/pet/transmog or toy...which none really affect gameplay at all.

If there is anything I want gone, it's the WoW token, as I think it causes more issues than it solves.
    It might not affect you but it affects a lot of other people.

it seems like your argument here is that since it doesnt affect you personally it doesnt matter?

I'm not really sure i get what you are trying to say otherwise

They have this in many other games.

The difference is that those games are all F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    They already do.

This bootlicking website(MMO Champ) even posted a 20 step guide on how to give Blizzard more money via RAF to get the Transmog reward set by recruiting yourself.

Or lets double up on that. You can spend real money to buy tokens to change to in-game gold to buy literally everything in the game. The best gear? Just get a token and get a Mythic guild to carry you. PvP ranks and mounts? Just use real money.

See that shiny Mythic only mount that used to only be available to the top 5% of the playerbase? You can have that, with WoW tokens and a carry.
    But the token dilema is different. You can obtain the item in-game without paying for it. If it's shop exclusive then you have to pay extra.

Token carries are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Because running the same raid over and over again with a weekly lockout for a 0.1% drop chance is so much fun...
    Sooo your argument is: actually playing the game for a rare drop isn't fun, but entering your creditcard number into the store page is peak gaming experience?

I'll give you a chance to reconsider this stance before making fun of you

No. Hell no.

Mounts and pets and toys are more than enough. And frankly, they should cut back on store mounts. I'm fine with 6-month sub rewards, but those shouldn't also be on the store then. 1 store mount/year sounds fine.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-06-11 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenyx View Post
    I have no problem at all with cosmetic items for sale. They literally don't effect gameplay. If you don't like them don't buy them. Yes - the more prestigious stuff should remain difficult to obtain within the game only to retain its prestige.
    Flash news: they do effect gameplay. When your reward for completing an achievement is the 14th default brown horse mount, meanwhile for money you can buy the coolest mounts, that's the literal definition of effected gameplay. It's so sad that we are at a point where companies brainwashed the masses into thinking that visual progression and rewards isn't gameplay, they are not part of the game, but something they should pay extra for

Quote Originally Posted by protpaul View Post
    I already kick people out of my group with the helm transmog my booting skills would just climb higher.
    10 years on this forum and this has to be one of the most pathetic statements I have ever read. Legit people like you ruined the community.

on topic,

Personally I only own 1 pet from the store. Got it gifted from a blizzard employee when I requested a friend get given 24 hours play time so I could trade him my gold for a sub. Not overly fond of shops in games, especially when its not a free to play model.

That being said, I wouldn't say I wouldn't spend irl cash if a specific set took my fancy. While I'm all for everyone minding their own dammed business when it comes to what people want to wear / x mog, I would say the sets would need to be exclusive and unqiue. Not just recolours of current mythic sets.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Only if they removed the monthly fee and gave you unlimited access to the game by making it buy to play (most current expansion for the most current content), and then bolster the shop with a ton of cool shit to make up for the sub losses which has been proven to provide more money on average than a sub as most people don't keep a concurrent one anyways.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Spending real money on virtual rewards that will be gone whenever the game distributor decides to shut down the server's always sounded as the stupidest idea ever to me. Somewhat like buying a brand new car (as it looses about half of its value as soon as you drive it out of the car dealership).

Paying money for a sub however, which enables you to experience the game the way you like it and thus paying for an experience, like a movie or concert, is something different and more acceptable.

However, someone might argue that a person buying a transmog set increases his/her experience by wearing something they like visually. So I am somewhat undecided about that. I probably wouldn't buy them ... but I bought a new car at some point and didn't regret it, so what do I know.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Although I'm sure they would make some EPIC sets, it would devalue the gear sets in the game and pull away resources from future in-game sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure I would buy it, I have enough gold where I don't have to spend my actual money.