Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Also remember ppl dont play vanilla anymore, ppl play Classic AFTER few years of retail. vanilla its gone, classic may look like vanilla but its all about min maxing and rushing content.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The people that don't farm care. That's the problem, just like in real life when the rich get so rich they can do whatever they want, but the poor can't do anything.
    So, you should farm, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Not necessary the playerbase, but the hunger at doing everything as effective as possible. You see this in every game, if you do something outside of meta you're slowing everyone down and get booted. 15 years ago we where absolute noobs with everything.
    That's part of what I meant. The mentality of the playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post

Possible options:
    --Nothing (I view this as extremely unlikely if people are actually pulling 300-400 gold/hour out of ZG)
    --They'll make crocolisks and tigers leash
    --They'll make crocolisks and tigers run faster
    --They'll make crocolisks and tigers path differently
    --They'll throw some axe-throwers in
    --They'll nerf the gold off them
    --They'll make the lockouts BWL style where the trash stays dead
    Nerfing loot/gold is the easiest option. I believe they did that in DireMaul already.

That said, I believe the devs have referred to Classic as a museum. It was only meant to be a window into the past, not a balanced game. And as a ret main, I can testify that the game is far from balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you should farm, then.
    This is the exact argument they've used in real life which data supports is less possible each passing day

This is the exact argument they've used in real life which data supports is less possible each passing day
    Once again, you can easily solve this, by farming. Pretty much every class can farm something with ease.

Once again, you can easily solve this, by farming. Pretty much every class can farm something with ease.
    The problem when this argument is applied to a game is that games are meant to be fun, so if someone doesn't enjoy farming, why would they play a game where it's a requirement? In both game and RL arguments, the actions of a few change the landscape of all.

The problem when this argument is applied to a game is that games are meant to be fun, so if someone doesn't enjoy farming, why would they play a game where it's a requirement? In both game and RL arguments, the actions of a few change the landscape of all.
    Once again, that's not everyone else's problem, nor is it their fault. if you don't enjoy farming, then don't farm.

This is like a poor person whining that they don't have money, when they don't want to get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Sadly, the community is at fault.

I now agree with the "you think you do, but you don't". The playerbase has changed so much.
    We're now nine month after release and we still have servers with layers and locked due to overpopulation.
    Guess we actually did, because else the game would be empty because everyone would have stopped playing, herp derp.

Once again, that's not everyone else's problem, nor is it their fault. if you don't enjoy farming, then don't farm.
    But if someone doesn't enjoy farming, their game experience is worsened because of others' farming. It is directly their fault. Is that reason for them to stop? No. But it worsens the experience for others because their gold is worth less.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-06-11 at 03:17 PM.

But if someone doesn't enjoy farming, their game experience is worsened because of others' farming.
    Nope.

You are still free to enjoy the game.

Once again, this is like saying people who don't have jobs are having their life experience ruined by those who work for a living.

Nope.

You are still free to enjoy the game.

Once again, this is like saying people who don't have jobs are having their life experience ruined by those who work for a living.
    You're objectively wrong.

If person A doesn't enjoy farming, and a new farm method dwarfs others, then person A's gold is worth less and A can do less in the game. It's not even possible to dispute this logically.

The difference is one is a game and the other is survival. Of course my experience of life is lessened because I am forced to work. Most people if given the choice would not work.

You're objectively wrong.

If person A doesn't enjoy farming, and a new farm method dwarfs others, then person A's gold is worth less and A can do less in the game. It's not even possible to dispute this logically.

The difference is one is a game and the other is survival. Of course my experience of life is lessened because I am forced to work. Most people if given the choice would not work.
    Once again, stating your opinion as an objective truth is problematic.

You are still free to enjoy the game. By all means, play it how you want to play it. The world, real or otherwise, doesn't owe you a fucking thing.

You are still free to enjoy the game. By all means, play it how you want to play it. The world, real or otherwise, doesn't owe you a fucking thing.
    ? He's right dude. Explain how "person A's gold is worth less" is wrong. I'll wait for you to take an Econ 101 course.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    ? He's right dude. Explain how "person A's gold is worth less" is wrong. I'll wait for you to take an Econ 101 course.
    I'm not saying his gold isn't worth less, I'm aware of what inflation is.

Once again, that's like a guy who gold pans once a month in the nearby stream gets to be upset that there's companies who have figured out ways to farm much more gold, much more efficiently.

That dude is still free to pan in the nearby stream, and his experience is the same. He's still getting the same amount of gold.

It's not an opinion. It is obectively true that my $100 will be worth less once there is more money in the economy. It's not even econ 101, it's common sense.

You are correct. The world doesn't owe people a thing. However, person A can't enjoy it as much because other people are lessening the value of his gold.

This inane argument started with:
    1) Some dude said "who cares"
    2) I said "These are the people that care"
    3) Then you said (paraphrasing) "HERP DERP JUST FARM MOAR" (which isn't related to what I said, interestingly)
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-06-11 at 03:44 PM.

It's not an opinion. It is obectively true that my $100 will be worth less once there is more money in the economy. It's not even econ 101, it's common sense.

You are correct. The world doesn't owe people a thing. However, person A can't enjoy it as much because other people are lessening the value of his gold.

This inane argument started with:
    1) Some dude said "who cares"
    2) I said "These are the people that care"
    3) Then you said (paraphrasing) "HERP DERP JUST FARM MOAR" (which isn't related to what I said, interestingly)
    Yep, it's worth less. That doesn't mean they are harming your experience. If that's the argument you want to make, then literally anyone doing literally anything to earn literally any gold... is harming your experience.

So, every time someone finds a gray, they are harming your experience?

It's going to be a wonder when you realize that competition still exists within a video game...

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    We're now nine month after release and we still have servers with layers and locked due to overpopulation.
    Guess we actually did, because else the game would be empty because everyone would have stopped playing, herp derp.
    I meant,"recreating" the experience. People that wanted it to be exactly like Vanilla. But the community mindset has changed, so things like this happen and then people complain.

But if someone doesn't enjoy farming, their game experience is worsened because of others' farming. It is directly their fault. Is that reason for them to stop? No. But it worsens the experience for others because their gold is worth less.
    So should we just not let people farm at all? At what point is it 'too efficient' to the point where it should be stopped, this is a subjective breakpoint. Also by stopping it you are worsening the experience for those who enjoy efficient farming and making/spending heaps of gold. So by your logic each of these players are in direct opposition and either one's preferred experience comes at the expense of the other's. In this case how do you arbitrate which experience is the 'right' one?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    But if people are paying someone 80g to get boosted in ZG, there is not more money in the economy. It is just the same gold being moved around.

AFAIK, crocs drops some bijou and skin, and maybe a few vendor trash, but nothing really significant. And selling bijou or coins to someone else is not more money. It's just money being traded from player A to B.

Am I missing something?

Honestly, I prefer these people selling a service for gold. Much better than AH flippers who just scan the AH and profiting from uninformed players putting stuff for auctions at a low price.