Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Correct, they have the same opportunities. One of those opportunities requires them to do more of something they don't like. That leads to a worse experience. You are now saying 'do something you don't like so that you can have the same experience as before.' I think that satisfies the definition of 'worse experience.' Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

If jumping is added to mario, and I don't like it, yes, my experience is now objectively worse. Other people benefit from jumping, and I do too, but it's not my prefered experience. My experience is worse.

- - - Updated - - -

The entire discussion is centered around a person who does not want to farm.

- - - Updated - - -

No, since they were required to do something worse to achieve the same result, that is objectively worse.
    I showed how it could be enjoyed more, so it's not objectively true.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I showed how it could be enjoyed more, so it's not objectively true.
    Its premise requires doing something that the player won't do because it's not enjoyable.

Its premise requires doing something that the player won't do because it's not enjoyable.
    But, with there being more incentive, then they may enjoy it... Yo also forgot that they can also make more gold via the AH as a result, meaning there's yet another avenue.

The entire discussion is centered around a person who does not want to farm.
    If you want to have stuff you gotta farm.

Either farm gold and buy stuff, or farm stuff to have stuff.

How do you propose a person who doesn't want to do either get stuff? Gotta do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If you want to have stuff you gotta farm.

Either farm gold and buy stuff, or farm stuff to have stuff.

How do you propose a person who doesn't want to do either get stuff? Gotta do something.
    I'm not proposing this. I'm saying their experience is worse. They get less stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

But, with there being more incentive, then they may enjoy it... Yo also forgot that they can also make more gold via the AH as a result, meaning there's yet another avenue.
    Regardless, since others earn gold at a higher rate, anything they do is net negative economically.

I'm not proposing this. I'm saying their experience is worse. They get less stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless, since others earn gold at a higher rate, anything they do is net negative economically.
    Not necessarily, work the AH.

Thats like saying people who dont want to jump in super mario have a worse experience. True, but meaningless. Like your whole argument.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

WoW in the West is gradually eroding to be like China's, the bastard gold sellers have migrated to profit off our realms because it's more lucrative compared to theirs [10 times more so]... and Blizzard are doing FUCK ALL.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-06-14 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Thats like saying people who dont want to jump in super mario have a worse experience. True, but meaningless. Like your whole argument.
    No, it's factual. If you don't like jumping, and mario introduces this new mechanic called 'jumping' then your enjoyment of the game decreases. It's not rocket surgery.

- - - Updated - - -

Not necessarily, work the AH.
    Since "working the AH" has always been an option, I'm not sure it's a reasonable argument in favor of your side.

No, it's factual. If you don't like jumping, and mario introduces this new mechanic called 'jumping' then your enjoyment of the game decreases. It's not rocket surgery.

- - - Updated - - -

Since "working the AH" has always been an option, I'm not sure it's a reasonable argument in favor of your side.
    And there's more of an incentive to do it, so your opinion is simply subjective.

Farming has also always been an option, including the way they are farming now.

And there's more of an incentive to do it, so your opinion is simply subjective.

Farming has also always been an option, including the way they are farming now.
    Farming not being an option is the entire assumption of the argument.

I think this will cause Blizzard to add in transmog to classic.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Statements of intent do not need to exist when one can simply look at the design and come to conclusions about goals. For example, when there is an endless obsession with turning everything in the game into an e-sport, and everything is homogenized into a uniform paste, it’s pretty easy to see the design intent.
    There wasn't much of a design to Classic, the dev team was throwing shit at the wall and seeing what stuck, quite understandably so given that making MMOs wasn't much a science back then and Blizzard ended up up writing most of the book themselves. Not for no reason did they basically have to revamp their itemization in 1.12 (I think) and even then said itemization barely made sense, or spent much of vanilla finishing most classes in the first place, or hastily made their first raid instance in a week, or introduced and then removed the Dishonorable Kill system when it became clear players abused it far more than were punished by it.

One could argue the current game is overdesigned and I wouldn't be in entire disagreement for sure, but that hardly means the opposite is automatically preferable, it's how you get shit like the above or the PvP reward system that encourages 24/7 no lifing and/or account sharing to win.

It is an option.

But thats a faulty assumption.

If i were to say that having to breath reduces my enjoyment of life, no sane person would think i have an argument, but a psychological defect.

Also, if you don't want to farm, what exactly are you missing out on? What could you possibly need hefty amounts of money for? In Classic?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Well, many of the servers are dead and empty. There's a few islands of population that are layered and locked due to mass character transfers.
    Keep telling yourself that, mate. The goalposts have been moved so much that they are on track to their second turn around the globe, let's aim for a third one !

After all, there are four "low" pop servers in the entire European sector and over half the entire zone being on "high" or "locked", certainly a sign that the game is deserted

It is an option.
    And that's why it's objectively worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    But thats a faulty assumption.

If i were to say that having to breath reduces my enjoyment of life, no sane person would think i have an argument, but a psychological defect.

Also, if you don't want to farm, what exactly are you missing out on? What could you possibly need hefty amounts of money for? In Classic?
    It's not - the entire conversation is about people that don't farm are worse off. You can't just say "go farm" because then we are talking about something different, and not this argument.

And that's why it's objectively worse.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not - the entire conversation is about people that don't farm are worse off. You can't just say "go farm" because then we are talking about something different, and not this argument.
    Nope, because I pointed out how it could be made better, making it subjectively worse, in your opinion.

Nope, because I pointed out how it could be made better, making it subjectively worse, in your opinion.
    You're using a hypothesis that's not allowed for the entire premise of the argument. You're basically saying "If I were a millionaire, I could buy a boat," and I'm responding by saying "just be a millionaire, dumbass." That's what you've resorted to.

You're using a hypothesis that's not allowed for the entire premise of the argument. You're basically saying "If I were a millionaire, I could buy a boat," and I'm responding by saying "just be a millionaire, dumbass." That's what you've resorted to.
    So, you are saying I'm not allowed to have an opinion?

That's odd.