Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I mean from the very beginning of RE7, Ethan was doing anime-esque bullshit. Need I bring up the "blocking slime monster attacks with his arms",
    "sewing his chopped off hand back on", and the constant getting slammed through walls and getting back up like it's nothing? Shit, his whole fight
    with the final boss was more anime than anything from the originals.

For all intents and purposes, Ethan was supposed to be a "normal" guy, but he ended up being a normal guy who can do action hero things without
    being (or looking) like an action hero.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe part of the reason Ethan was able to do any of these things, or survive past the beginning with Mia was simply because he too was also partially infected as well. His hand being sewed back on was done by Jack after the confrontation with Mia in the attic, or at least that parts implied heavily. You can only see Evelyn (at least the hallucination of her) if you're infected, and considering how virtually indestructible the Baker family is when the infection fully sets in fully, well you get the picture.

You sort of have to allow some suspension of disbelief in a series with biological monsters running around. Ethan is still pretty 'normal' compared to most of the cast of the RE games.

10+ Year Old Account
    People say Capcom has fallen off but they've actually been killing over the last few years. RE:4 heavily influenced third-person shooters. RE5 influenced online co-ops. RE:6 was an experiment but RE:7 was slept on I think. The remakes were great and pioneered the coming age of video game remakes (not simple remasters). Im excited for RE:8.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    To me, it was Bloodborne 2 right up until the name showed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    To me, it was Bloodborne 2 right up until the name showed up.
    Theres a market for 'Souls type' games without being as punishing/time cosuming. God of War and SW: Fallen Order. I'm sure there's others I can't think of right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    But the magic water!
    Don't get me started on that cure all tonic. Which my god, imagine the money if that shit was real.

But yeah, I don't know why Ethan's healing animation just completely takes me out of the game and
    makes me harshly criticize it when in others games, you literally eat some herbs and suddenly you're
    A-OKAY.

I guess because we see him doing it as opposed to it just happening instantly kind of makes it look
    weird.

You sort of have to allow some suspension of disbelief in a series with biological monsters running around.
    Ethan is still pretty 'normal' compared to most of the cast of the RE games.
    I know, but I suppose what made it a harder sell was the way those characters were portrayed as opposed
    to RE7's.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Don't get me started on that cure all tonic. Which my god, imagine the money if that shit was real.

But yeah, I don't know why Ethan's healing animation just completely takes me out of the game and
    makes me harshly criticize it when in others games, you literally eat some herbs and suddenly you're
    A-OKAY.

I guess because we see him doing it as opposed to it just happening instantly kind of makes it look
    weird.
    I think it's because it's an actual visual effect, where-as the herbs are basically just game-mechanic med-kits so you're not stuck to hard-mode. Still, he got his hand cut off, and Magic Water(TM) fixed it, so ...there's that. The herbs can cure poisonings, but not severed limbs.

The release date was announced today. It is May 7th, 2021!
    Last edited by KLPath; 2021-01-21 at 10:30 PM.

as a long time fan of the series... i really don't know what to think, i don't think RE battle royale is gonna work the way they wanted it to, i mean we all get it, games like fortnite, Apex and all that crap are at their prime right now and everybody wants a piece of that cake,,,, but excuse me Resident evil being a part of that? i don't think so sherlok, not really my cup of tea and im guessing most fans aren't a bit happy with it, hell here's just hoping the main game turns out the way it should be! which is the sequel to ethan's story, what i ve seen so far isn't quite dissapointing i mean Chris becoming a wolf? don't really mind at all with all these people turning into monsters, give us the scary psychological moments of the last instance, just keeping my hopes up, as a longtime fan and hoping the deliever what they do best and bring us a decent game.

PS5 exclusive demo on the store right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    They keep throwing basic multiplayer shooters at us

Just remaster Outbreak
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by desertlizard View Post
    as a long time fan of the series... i really don't know what to think, i don't think RE battle royale is gonna work the way they wanted it to, i mean we all get it, games like fortnite, Apex and all that crap are at their prime right now and everybody wants a piece of that cake,,,, but excuse me Resident evil being a part of that? i don't think so sherlok, not really my cup of tea and im guessing most fans aren't a bit happy with it, hell here's just hoping the main game turns out the way it should be! which is the sequel to ethan's story, what i ve seen so far isn't quite dissapointing i mean Chris becoming a wolf? don't really mind at all with all these people turning into monsters, give us the scary psychological moments of the last instance, just keeping my hopes up, as a longtime fan and hoping the deliever what they do best and bring us a decent game.
    Well the BR mode is a no risk situation. It comes free with RE8. If people play it and like it great, if not well just a quick shrug and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well the BR mode is a no risk situation. It comes free with RE8. If people play it and like it great, if not well just a quick shrug and move on.
    yeah and they REALLY should keep em that way, otherwise well expect the wave of fire from fans from hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    They keep throwing basic multiplayer shooters at us

Just remaster Outbreak
    I don't mind that as long as its a tacked on thing that doesn't get in the way of the main campaign.

Its not so bad if their engine or something allowed to do a fun side project. Ironically thats kind of how Fortnites BR came about.

Day one for me loved RE7 and this looks so sick in a good way.

- - - Updated - - -

Have absolutely zero intrest in RE MP games though and in Village it's called RE:Verse and it's a 6 player deathmatch kind of game, no thanks SP for me only in these kind of games.

Instead of adding deathmatch and whatnot they should add coop survival horror, pretty sure that's what fans would like over deathmatch modes anyways. Or just add Outbreak again.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the showcase from yesterday btw.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-01-22 at 10:12 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

That multiplayer trash sent out to die just like resistance did one year ago and is currently at like 130 peak users on steam right now aside it looks great and i have a slight addition to my tinfoil theory:

My guess is still that this is the home of the spencer family but instead of some ruling house over all the nobles -though they could still pull a "under the same umbrella" line to give a corny origin to the company name- i think spencers family were peasants who escaped the village and Tyrants are his attempt to artificially recreate the women who seem to look like hunters/lickers lead by a tyrant analogue right down to grey skin, extreme height and hand that turns into huge knife claws as some way of mass producing something that in the old country happened like once a century or two as a marketable bio-weapon. Inspired by the ruling houses of monsters from his homeland he named them Tyrants.

My guess is its either something like las plagas or las plagas will be an offshoot like the 3make intimated Nemesis was of something from europe that a certain bloodline interacts with to become whatever the monsters are and the T virus is just a really ineffective artificial way to try and kickstart the process in very distant relatives which is why the t virus only produces 1 tyrant in every 2 million people and the rest degenerate into zombies instead. The Tyrants we saw were always "incomplete" models with design flaws and i'm guessing what the internet calls "giant vampire mommy" is actually the real end result Umbrella was trying to emulate.

My expectation is its still the "welcome to the family son" theme being brought full circle but mia or ethan were part of the missing piece to stabilise the next generation of these orginal tyrants and the e series virus was the last missing piece so their child is some kind of cataclyst for the next "true heir" to the og tyrant bloodline or something.

Still less cray than a US senator turning into a t rex!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Still less cray than a US senator turning into a t rex!

I was going to say that your theory didn't really resonate with me. But after being reminded of the dreadful RE6 story, I decided to give it a pass
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I'm impressed.

I enjoyed RE7. I thought it was a great breath of fresh air. My main complaint was the lack of enemy variety.

RE8 looks brilliant. Atmospheric. Creepy. Lots of actual horror. Puzzles. Plus it's set in Europe! Yay!

I'm not a fan of the multiplayer game, though. Just give us a proper sequel/remake of the Outbreak games already.

the demo has nothing to do with the actual storyline and haven't played it just saw the videos on youtube (it is really hard to get your hands on a ps5 around here) and i gotta say it looks just fine as it was the intention of it just to show you the visuals, fine for a ps4 game graphics, not really ps5 next gen graphics but still, lets hope a good ol work for the final product.

oh yeah fyi they sent out an email to anyone in the RE ambassador program saying this is coming to the PS4 as well. Doesn't seem to be mentioned much but as someone who was only considering buying a ps5 anytime soon for this i'm pretty happy to wait till like FFXVI to buy a new console if i can play this on what i already have.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    oh yeah fyi they sent out an email to anyone in the RE ambassador program saying this is coming to the PS4 as well. Doesn't seem to be mentioned much but as someone who was only considering buying a ps5 anytime soon for this i'm pretty happy to wait till like FFXVI to buy a new console if i can play this on what i already have.
    They said in the Showcase that it was coming to PS4/XB1 as well.

But seeing how they had to cancel it before due to performance issues with loading in assists and all, I don't expect it to run good.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD