Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    • Instant Flight Form
    • Instant Cast Spells
    • Mobility
    • Versatility (all 4 roles in one)
    • Shapeshifting (my personal favorite fantasy, I play shapeshifters in any game that lets me)
    • Theme, I am a sucker for that deep nature green and brown theme

By Spec:
    Guardian - I wish it was more exciting. I've played all the tanks and it is easily the dullest to me. There's no consideration in your mitigation, just spam ironfur if you can. Every once in a blue moon there will be a boss ability that is all physical damage and you can pool rage to get 3 or 4 stacks up all at once, but usually the best thing to do is just use it as soon as you can.

Balance - The WotLK/Cataclysm iterations were my favorite. It felt like you were balancing arcane and nature in your character and you had a lot of useful utility and support. Never felt overly weak either. Balance has been unfortunately left behind for what feels like almost a decade at this point and it is the only caster I struggle to play and enjoy.

Restoration - The jewel of the class to me. Feels very unique and proactive, while the other healers tend to focus on triage and reaction. Gives them quite a high skill cap as their reactive healing is rather poor compared to other classes and shines most when it can properly set up. This pushes you to learn dungeons and raids on a deeper level and prepare for damage rather than responding to it. As an aside, it is for this reason that I miss old discipline a lot, shielding felt very proactive like resto druids. Now they're mainly another reactive healer.

Feral - Also a great spec. I love the high skill cap and all the viable talents. From making the spec simple and easy for beginners to going deep and mastering tiger's fury, bloodtalons, beserk, savage roar, dots, and more. It's a blast to play and a great feeling as you inch closer to mastering it.

I do wish druids have shined more over the years. Restoration has always had a place in raids with their unique healing style, but the other 3 specs have been solidly middling most of the game. I've played a druid at max level in some capacity since Classic. Many times it was my main, and it's always been an alt I actively played. Usually outside healing it's not a class you're jumping up and down to take like rogues, mages, and hunters tend to be. Perhaps it is because of the strength of resto that the other specs struggle to find their niches. I've always wondered if the diversity has made some specs less desirable - not because they're actually bad but because their other roles are even better and it's hard to justify extras of a class.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2020-07-04 at 04:02 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

While I don't main one anymore since i swapped to demon hunter since it was the class i bought wow for back in vanilla not realizing they didn't exist....but i digress. I mained my feral until legion and it was mostly due to the "Feel" of the class and its lore. Having the quest to get the seal form back in the day, as well as being able to bearcat in raids was a passion of mine.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played a feral/bear druid since TBC, but BFA was the first xpac that made me change mains because of how awful they were unless you played balance. Long droughts of subpar tanks, cats, heals....just garbage. Rerolled DH and probably won't go back now. Which is sad.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I've played a feral/bear druid since TBC, but BFA was the first xpac that made me change mains because of how awful they were unless you played balance. Long droughts of subpar tanks, cats, heals....just garbage. Rerolled DH and probably won't go back now. Which is sad.
    Resto subpar?

67 of the top 100 healers in Mythic+ (season 4) are druids

https://www.wowprogress.com/mythic_plus_score_healer/

Season 2 and 3 followed the same pattern. Season 1 was somewhat different, monk was taking over.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-07-06 at 10:17 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Resto subpar?
    Yes. I'm a hardcore raider. Resto is incredibly subpar which is why most people take other ridiculous healing classes like Glimmerknights.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Curious to know.
    I'm new to WoW but so far I love the different rolls I can play as a druid.

I always liked druid. And they can be anything.

Also have a decent toolkit. Action Bars are allways full.

If i get sick of it for a moment i go to DH because this is the polar opposite. Actions Bars nearly emtpy.

Also: I am used to it as i play druids since vanilla^^

Druids feel smooth to play. I enjoy healing as a resto druid and enjoy picking herbs in druid flight form! I play balance to quest. There is just something very cool and fun about playing a druid. They also have great mobility and stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instant-cast flight form.
    That's pretty much it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.