10+ Year Old Account

Any 3D printer recommendations for a scrub lord noob like myself?

Hello all. After spending 3 days going over about 50 videos, it seems like YouTubers have a "favorite" 3D printer every other month.

At this point im a little burnt out with the videos and I feel like I should just buy one and throw caution to the wind.

However I am here on my last stop to see if anyone here can recommend a decent 3D printer for what I want to do:

1. Print smaller figurines
    2. Print medium sized figures
    3. Print larger busts and models

Looking for a GOOD printer to do the above without having to struggle too much. My budget for this is between 200 dollars and 800 dollars.

I am new to 3D printing and I intend on keeping this printer for a long while.

Thanks for your time.

Yes I usually stuck at the stage of buying the printer, as every printer on youtube seems awesome. I think those are affiliate and get commission on the sale of printer.

I've actually been thinking about buying a medium sized 3D printer to do figurines and or the odd custom computer cover. Still have no idea which one I am going to buy.

i have a Dremel 3d40
    its not a large printer but it does have a self leveling bed and is fully enclosed
    was expensive but it has no tinkering needed just plug it in and make some Gcode and go
    uses 1.75mm pla plastic only wont do petg or abs

was made on it

- - - Updated - - -

was my 1st large print

- - - Updated - - -

also this guy
    History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

Hard to tell from the photos, how large of a piece can you print?

the build size is L255mmxW155mmxH170mm
    History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    Hello all. After spending 3 days going over about 50 videos, it seems like YouTubers have a "favorite" 3D printer every other month.

At this point im a little burnt out with the videos and I feel like I should just buy one and throw caution to the wind.

However I am here on my last stop to see if anyone here can recommend a decent 3D printer for what I want to do:

1. Print smaller figurines
    2. Print medium sized figures
    3. Print larger busts and models

Looking for a GOOD printer to do the above without having to struggle too much. My budget for this is between 200 dollars and 800 dollars.

I am new to 3D printing and I intend on keeping this printer for a long while.

Thanks for your time.

What is ended up? Have you bought yourself a printer?

My husband bought himself a 3d printer two months ago. And Dremel too. But he has 3d20.

Together we chose a printer for him and also spent a huge amount of time on this. We watched it seems to me all videos on youtube about printers. And then we found this article (https://forum.lulzbot.com/t/a-strate...-prints/1326/1), it tells about "A Strategy for Obtaining Great Prints" and in the comments to this post, several people posted sites with a top of printers for beginners.

https://www.craftyhangouts.com/best-...for-beginners/
    https://all3dp.com/1/best-3d-printer-for-beginners/

We chose between the Dremel Digilab 3D20 and Monoprice Voxel. They are both closed, and for us it was important. But we decided to pay more for the Dremel because we were afraid of the low price for the Monoprice Voxel. Overall, the husband is happy with the purchase.

Infracted
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2021-10-23 at 01:12 AM.