Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Suggestion - Monk

4th spec Samurai (blademaster?).
    martial arts + 2-handed sword + special samurai armor.
    I post it, because, with my orc monk, I always miss being able to be samurai, and I do not understand it, because the wisdom of pandaria is so poor? ... monks should be able to be experts in ninja weapons, katanas, and other types of weapons ... not just fists, that's too poor in essence ...I think exactly of 2-handed katana, martial arts and chi ... although it could be extended to other types of weapons too. It would be a very interesting new spec, I think, and would complete that insane weapon void that the monk has.
    Last edited by Capultro; 2020-06-14 at 02:52 AM.

Blademaster is more of a warrior spec option.

Just mog it
    We get back the 2h options for dps and there are plenty of pole arms with big blades

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Couldnt blademasters do a version of mirror image? Sounds like a monk ability to me
    I mean technically it's a mage spell lol but there is Storm, Earth and Fire so I see what you mean.

Couldnt blademasters do a version of mirror image? Sounds like a monk ability to me
    He could also go invisible and bladestorm.

Monks were initially introduced as a class that didn't need to rely on weapons, but since their introduction they've basically had these useless stat sticks just sitting on their backs this entire time with no abilities that make use of them except for Jab which was promptly removed because, perhaps quite appropriately, the fans of a monk class were really looking for that unarmed master of martial arts. So I think that if Monks were to get a 4th spec or spec skins and if they are going to keep weapons, having one of those specs or class skins dedicated to the weaponry like a Blademaster would be one good way to go about it, as the specs or spec skins without weapons and the one with weapons would be a very clear distinction in terms of preference. Of course, they could always go another way where like the Dance Studio was initially introduced as a way to change the kinds of animations you use, being able to adjust your very martial arts moves to actually incorporate the weapons you have would be one way a Dance Studio would really thrive and be able to express character individuality.

You spelled spinning Crane Kick wrong

But honestly, if monk ever got a 4th spec I would kind of prefer it to be a ranged dps somehow (dancer? lol). Blademaster would ofc be for a warrior I was just trolling
    It would be nice for monks to get a 4th spec so that they finally have a spec for each of the 4 celestials.

yes, in fact, a blademaster seems more like a monk with sword than a warrior. look at samuro.sigo votando por una nueva monk spec samurai.

Blad masters are literally arms warriors.

Monks are based on chen and in MoP they made up this whole story about monks existing because mogu wouldn't let pandaren have weapons, a blade master is literally the opposite of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    yes, in fact, a blademaster seems more like a monk with sword than a warrior. look at samuro.sigo votando por una nueva monk spec samurai.
    I think an awesome idea for an expansion would be cross spec...specs. Blademaster would be a great monk+warrior combo. The obvious metamorphosis dh+lock. DK with a caster for necromancer. Hunter combine with something for dark rangers. Druid+Shaman combine to shift into a draconid form focused on earth/nature/fire.
    etc.

Obviously terrible for balance but they already have some specs just sitting being unfixed for entire expansions so why not just have fun adding some more.

Creating 5-6 new specs should be about the same work as 1 new class.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    4th spec Samurai (blademaster?).
    martial arts + 2-handed sword + special samurai armor.
    I post it, because, with my orc monk, I always miss being able to be samurai, and I do not understand it, because the wisdom of pandaria is so poor? ... monks should be able to be experts in ninja weapons, katanas, and other types of weapons ... not just fists, that's too poor in essence ...I think exactly of 2-handed katana, martial arts and chi ... although it could be extended to other types of weapons too. It would be a very interesting new spec, I think, and would complete that insane weapon void that the monk has.
    So, a ninja, a samurai and a monk are three very different things.

- - - Updated - - -

You spelled spinning Crane Kick wrong

But honestly, if monk ever got a 4th spec I would kind of prefer it to be a ranged dps somehow (dancer? lol). Blademaster would ofc be for a warrior I was just trolling
    A Zen Archer or one who uses a foot bow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Monks were initially introduced as a class that didn't need to rely on weapons, but since their introduction they've basically had these useless stat sticks just sitting on their backs this entire time with no abilities that make use of them except for Jab which was promptly removed because, perhaps quite appropriately, the fans of a monk class were really looking for that unarmed master of martial arts. So I think that if Monks were to get a 4th spec or spec skins and if they are going to keep weapons, having one of those specs or class skins dedicated to the weaponry like a Blademaster would be one good way to go about it, as the specs or spec skins without weapons and the one with weapons would be a very clear distinction in terms of preference. Of course, they could always go another way where like the Dance Studio was initially introduced as a way to change the kinds of animations you use, being able to adjust your very martial arts moves to actually incorporate the weapons you have would be one way a Dance Studio would really thrive and be able to express character individuality.
    Back in MoP Jab would change depending on your equipped weapon thanks to, the now removed, passive called Fighting Style. I can't remember if you'd actually see the monk use his weapons aside from that though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Monks are based on chen and in MoP they made up this whole story about monks existing because mogu wouldn't let pandaren have weapons, a blade master is literally the opposite of that.
    this in practice does not work since samuro seems more like a samurai than a warrior warrior.
    And I repeat, it is too poor to persist that the monks do not use weapons, when they could have a fourth spec with a 2 hand sword, and samurai armor.

an arms warrior is closer to a blademaster than a monk from a gameplay standpoint, with how transmog works now, you can remove 90% of the armor with it, just grab a big sword and do stuff

- - - Updated - - -

this in practice does not work since samuro seems more like a samurai than a warrior warrior.
    And I repeat, it is too poor to persist that the monks do not use weapons, when they could have a fourth spec with a 2 hand sword, and samurai armor.
    you do know samurai armor was made out of metal, not leather, so if anything, they samurais in wow would be a mail class

There are already Blademasters in WoW lore ... they are warriors

- - - Updated - - -

Samurai Warrior ... WARRIOR.... those in IRL lore wear metal armor, not chainmail or leather and do not believe in combat other than that of the sword, literally the opposite of monks

But on Topic, Monk doesnt need a 4th spec, they cant balance the 3 they have as it is....

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    A Samurai was the equivelant to a knight though, not a mysterious, evasive fighter.

Priests could have a fourth spec where they fight exclusively by summoning elementals, anything could happen.

The point stands mechanically in wow blademasters are warriors (including the use of blade storm), there is a blademaster warrior trainer.
    By contrast, Monks are informed by Chen's Kit which was keg smash, breath of fire, stagger and storm earth and fire.

I know you want monks to be blademasters because you like samurai, I'm not trying to take that away from you, you do you. All I'm saying is there is no in-universe justification or out of universe need for it.
    If you want to be a blademaster play an arms warrior, that's what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    There are already Blademasters in WoW lore ... they are warriors

- - - Updated - - -

Samurai Warrior ... WARRIOR.... those in IRL lore wear metal armor, not chainmail or leather and do not believe in combat other than that of the sword, literally the opposite of monks

But on Topic, Monk doesnt need a 4th spec, they cant balance the 3 they have as it is....
    it's more than obvious: in wow, if there are ever samurais, they are going to be either a new hero class or a new spec of the monk, that's more than obvious why why if you compare a samurai With a warrior, you will see that they are not alike in anything, however a samurai is quite similar to a monk, in fact a blademaster could be a monk using a 2-handed sword.
    It is true that there could be 2 types of blademasters, orcs warrior and monks any class as well as there are 2 classes of monks, those of the scarlet crusade and those of pandaria. What are martial arts without being able to use a katana? xd

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    it's more than obvious: in wow, if there are ever samurais, they are going to be either a new hero class or a new spec of the monk, that's more than obvious why why if you compare a samurai With a warrior, you will see that they are not alike in anything, however a samurai is quite similar to a monk, in fact a blademaster could be a monk using a 2-handed sword.
    It is true that there could be 2 types of blademasters, orcs warrior and monks any class as well as there are 2 classes of monks, those of the scarlet crusade and those of pandaria. What are martial arts without being able to use a katana? xd
    Yeah you have no idea as to what a samurai was....

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2127.html - Educate yourself, they are warriors, regardless of the fantasy land you live in.

and in wow Lore, Blademasters are Warrior Class, so don't ever expect them to be added to the monk class.

Also, the last thing they'd do is add a spec to one class and not the others ... then, of course, followed by a balancing nightmare... so it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah you have no idea as to what a samurai was....
    no? a samurai is a monk using 2 hand sword,chi and martial arts.would be the perfect new spec for monk.