Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
  1. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    for practical purposes a botanist already has the abilities of a druid restoration and balance
    For practical purposes, yes they use druid (or similar style) abilities but that doesn't make them druids in-universe especially when otherwise they do things fundamentally opposed to what druids are about such as the botanists twisting plant life into mutated forms, forcing plant life to grow in a city cut off from natural sustainance, or perpetually keeping a forest in bloom, thats manipulating and twisting nature into unnatural forms to suit their purposes, rather than respecting it which is the cornerstone of what druids are about.

    Worgen Druids in gameplay & practical terms in their starting zone are already druids, but in-universe they are rudimentary nature users with limited nature powers who required extra training from the Cenarion Circle to become real druids. "Harvest-witches have a limited control over nature, especially plant life, and the powers of harvest witches bear a coincidental resemblance to the low-level abilities of actual druids. Harvest witches who contracted the worgen curse (which was druidic in origin) found that their powers were somewhat amplified, and after making first contact with the night elves cursed harvest witches were offered induction into the Cenarion Circle for both study and training."
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2021-02-27 at 09:39 PM.

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    For practical purposes, yes they use druid (or similar style) abilities but that doesn't make them druids in-universe especially when otherwise they do things fundamentally opposed to what druids are about such as the botanists twisting plant life into mutated forms, forcing plant life to grow in a city cut off from natural sustainance, or perpetually keeping a forest in bloom, thats manipulating and twisting nature into unnatural forms to suit their purposes, rather than respecting it which is the cornerstone of what druids are about.

    Worgen Druids in gameplay & practical terms in their starting zone are already druids, but in-universe they are rudimentary nature users with limited nature powers who required extra training from the Cenarion Circle to become real druids. "Harvest-witches have a limited control over nature, especially plant life, and the powers of harvest witches bear a coincidental resemblance to the low-level abilities of actual druids. Harvest witches who contracted the worgen curse (which was druidic in origin) found that their powers were somewhat amplified, and after making first contact with the night elves cursed harvest witches were offered induction into the Cenarion Circle for both study and training."
    for practical purposes a blood knight who draws the light from the sunwell has the same abilities as a human paladin. when I say druid I mean the abilities of the game that a botanist can also use.

  3. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    for practical purposes a blood knight who draws the light from the sunwell has the same abilities as a human paladin. when I say druid I mean the abilities of the game that a botanist can also use.
    The Blood Knights by the end of BC (before they were different draining light from a naaru and all that) are practically the same as every other paladin in methodology they use faith and willpower to use the light, just because they attach "of the sunwell" at the end doesn't change that, a Sunwalker calls on "the light of an'she" a Vindicator calls on "the light of the naaru" a Prelate calls on "the light of the loa" it's still the light and they are all calling on it the same way through faith and will.

    A Botanist uses arcane magic to twist nature in unnatural ways such as keeping forests in perpetual bloom, twisting plantlife into mutated forms or forcing plant life to grow in a place cut off from any form of natural sustenance, their methodology fundamentally opposes what Druids are meant to be about which is balance and respecting nature.

    A Sunwalker, Vindicator, Prelate, Blood Knight and Knight of the Silver Hand all at their core are still Holy Warriors belonging to an Order who use the Light through faith and willpower, a Botanist and a Druid are fundamentally different, one uses arcane magic to twist nature, the other uses nature magic to keep the natural balance.

    Maybe Botanists could learn to use nature in more harmonious ways but i question the purpose, Blood Elves already have a fleshed out society with Magisters, Rangers and Blood Knights, I don't see why Blood Elves need Druids as a part of their society in addition to the other classes in the game they can be.
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2021-02-27 at 11:26 PM.

  4. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    The Blood Knights by the end of BC (before they were different draining light from a naaru and all that) are practically the same as every other paladin in methodology they use faith and willpower to use the light, just because they attach "of the sunwell" at the end doesn't change that, a Sunwalker calls on "the light of an'she" a Vindicator calls on "the light of the naaru" a Prelate calls on "the light of the loa" it's still the light and they are all calling on it the same way through faith and will.

    A Botanist uses arcane magic to twist nature in unnatural ways such as keeping forests in perpetual bloom, twisting plantlife into mutated forms or forcing plant life to grow in a place cut off from any form of natural sustenance, their methodology fundamentally opposes what Druids are meant to be about which is balance and respecting nature.

    A Sunwalker, Vindicator, Prelate, Blood Knight and Knight of the Silver Hand all at their core are still Holy Warriors belonging to an Order who use the Light through faith and willpower, a Botanist and a Druid are fundamentally different, one uses arcane magic to twist nature, the other uses nature magic to keep the natural balance.
    And the point is, extracting light from a captured naaru gives the same powers in-game as a human paladin. a botanist is practically the same concept, blood elves can use druid abilities that we see in the game.

    gameplay = / = lore

  5. #585
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    If only there was already a race with rudimentary, IDK, Harvest Witches, that also learned animal shapeshifting recently, MMMMM.

    Like my dude, the point is that Blood Elves already seem to have real analogues of both Restoration and Balance aspects of druidism, and that they could perfectly learn the animal shapeshifting aspect from any of the other Horde Races they cohabitate and work with.
    Yeah, but the Worgen were literally transformed into beasts due to a magic connection to a Wild God.

    The Worgen curse and Werewolfism is a forced, infectious, and uncontrollable Druid shapeshift, it is nothing more than a Pack Form, invented and unleashed by ancient Night Elves. Furthermore, it was the Night Elf Druids that came to the spiritual aid of the Gilnean people who had to cope with unwanted shapeshift ability.

    So in a way, every Worgen is a Druid with basic control over their Pack Form. The history of Harvest Witches isn't really needed to explain why Worgen can be Druids.

    Blood Elves having a herbalist doesn't exactly make Druids.

    But my opinion is that there is no reason why any race cannot be a Druid. It should be just as learnable a skill as being a Mage or a Priest, there should be no reason a Blood Elf couldn't choose to train to become a Druid, or a Goblin or a Draenei for that matter. If they give Druids the ability to copy the appearances of beasts in the Wild, then Blood Elf Druids in Lynx Form could be a reality easily.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •