Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ...
31
39
40
41
42
LastLast
  1. #801
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    I feel like we need some big sagely beards for blood elves (and humans too, tbf) to allow male casters to have that wizened magister feel that I imagine Anasterian to have had!

    Like this:


    (But with moustaches too)

    Earrings for guys would be much appreciated too!
    I won't say no to that.

    Wise-looking beards, plus runic facial markings would make for a very good Magister-look. (Maybe even a skilled Warlock-look.)

  2. #802
    Mechagnome Thalassian Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Quel'Thalas/Albion
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I won't say no to that.

    Wise-looking beards, plus runic facial markings would make for a very good Magister-look. (Maybe even a skilled Warlock-look.)
    I would adore the addition of runic markings!

    And, yeah, some of our characters are probably over a thousand years old! It'd be nice to make them look it!

  3. #803
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    I would adore the addition of runic markings!

    And, yeah, some of our characters are probably over a thousand years old! It'd be nice to make them look it!
    Hmm, I agree.

    Although, I've seen some art of older Blood Elf Paladins and they do look good.

    Gray hair and beard, but they still look like formidable soldiers.

  4. #804
    Mechagnome Thalassian Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Quel'Thalas/Albion
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Hmm, I agree.

    Although, I've seen some art of older Blood Elf Paladins and they do look good.

    Gray hair and beard, but they still look like formidable soldiers.
    A great aesthetic!

    I wish I could remember which out-of-game material had the beautifully depicted confrontation between Anasterian and Arthas in it, describing their duel. I loved the portrayal of Anasterian as this formidable spellblade who was tragically just a little too past his prime to face the young death knight.

  5. #805
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    A great aesthetic!

    I wish I could remember which out-of-game material had the beautifully depicted confrontation between Anasterian and Arthas in it, describing their duel. I loved the portrayal of Anasterian as this formidable spellblade who was tragically just a little too past his prime to face the young death knight.
    I'd love for something like this, in terms of Blood Elven Mages:
    https://www.deviantart.com/shadowpri...Mage-826703569

    A perfect blend of Arcane and Fire, which Blizzard should dive into, when looking at the Magisters of Quel'Thalas. Purple Eyes, but fire phoniexs and floating librams.

    Plus, tattoos that are symbolic to their race is also a bonus.

  6. #806
    Mechagnome Thalassian Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Quel'Thalas/Albion
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I'd love for something like this, in terms of Blood Elven Mages:
    https://www.deviantart.com/shadowpri...Mage-826703569

    A perfect blend of Arcane and Fire, which Blizzard should dive into, when looking at the Magisters of Quel'Thalas. Purple Eyes, but fire phoniexs and floating librams.

    Plus, tattoos that are symbolic to their race is also a bonus.
    Yeah, that magistrix looks great!

  7. #807
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    Yeah, that magistrix looks great!
    That’s now banned. They even changed Valera Sanguinar

  8. #808
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    That’s now banned. They even changed Valera Sanguinar
    Well we're not talking about her armor, we're talking about the features, like the purple eyes, the firey pheonix around her, the floating librams which are red and gold...the arcane glow in her hands.

    It's a perfect way of showing the forms of magic that are quite central to the Sin'dorei Magisters.

  9. #809
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    That’s now banned. They even changed Valera Sanguinar
    what????? O.o

  10. #810
    The Patient The Banshee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Playing in Traffic
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassian Bob View Post
    I feel like we need some big sagely beards for blood elves (and humans too, tbf) to allow male casters to have that wizened magister feel that I imagine Anasterian to have had!

    Like this:


    (But with moustaches too)

    Earrings for guys would be much appreciated too!
    Oh that looks so cool! I'd love for that to be an option for every race as well as blood elves.
    Team Dark Rangers.

  11. #811

  12. #812
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    This is why I love Sin'dorei Mages.

    Blizzard put so much emphasis on Blood Elf Mages when they first released - it's why I'm glad that my main is a Blood Elf Mage and my alt is my Nightborne (changed from Blood Elf) Warlock.

  13. #813
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    This is why I love Sin'dorei Mages.

    Blizzard put so much emphasis on Blood Elf Mages when they first released - it's why I'm glad that my main is a Blood Elf Mage and my alt is my Nightborne (changed from Blood Elf) Warlock.
    I personaly find blood elf fire mages using Felo'melorn one of the most finest concepts in game. There are So many cool mogs to come with, most notably mage T5 (Tirisfal regalia), Nighthold tier set, which is tailored for blood elves with phoenix symbol on chest and since BFA, we have heritage armor.

    I changed my mage to Nightborne though and kept blood elf warlock I'd say you never go wrong with spellcaster for both nightborne and blood elves.

  14. #814
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    This is why I love Sin'dorei Mages.

    Blizzard put so much emphasis on Blood Elf Mages when they first released - it's why I'm glad that my main is a Blood Elf Mage and my alt is my Nightborne (changed from Blood Elf) Warlock.
    I'm glad we have purple eyes

  15. #815
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I personaly find blood elf fire mages using Felo'melorn one of the most finest concepts in game. There are So many cool mogs to come with, most notably mage T5 (Tirisfal regalia), Nighthold tier set, which is tailored for blood elves with phoenix symbol on chest and since BFA, we have heritage armor.

    I changed my mage to Nightborne though and kept blood elf warlock I'd say you never go wrong with spellcaster for both nightborne and blood elves.
    It was one reason why I loved Legion.

    Running around as a Blood Elf Fire Mage, in Suramar, Azsuna, Dalaran and Val'Sharah - having all the Elves check out my sword. It did feel good.

    I also didn't use the Tier 5 set, but the Sunwell Plateau Mage set. Just felt right to use, especially with the Nighthold raid. Felt more in line with the idea of a Sin'dorei Sunwell Mage, going to war with Elisande and her Shal'dorei loyalist Magi.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I'm glad we have purple eyes
    I'm so glad purple eyes were made available to Blood Elves.

  16. #816
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    It was one reason why I loved Legion.

    Running around as a Blood Elf Fire Mage, in Suramar, Azsuna, Dalaran and Val'Sharah - having all the Elves check out my sword. It did feel good.

    I also didn't use the Tier 5 set, but the Sunwell Plateau Mage set. Just felt right to use, especially with the Nighthold raid. Felt more in line with the idea of a Sin'dorei Sunwell Mage, going to war with Elisande and her Shal'dorei loyalist Magi.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm so glad purple eyes were made available to Blood Elves.
    yeah!
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-10-16 at 04:53 PM.

  17. #817
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Sigh. Dude, when will you learn no one story or occasion has all the information.

    The high elves against fel is well publicised in other stories. Just because that one doesn’t mention it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist or the other sources around.

    Just as with the Shen’dralar’s great expertise being mentioned in several places means this is the case. Just because you don’t see it in game in one of the story arcs doesn’t mean those sources are somehow wrong.

    You should also be aware as a blood elf fan how notoriously bad blizzard are at updating existing stuff to reflect lore statements or changes.

    As far as they’re concerned, if they’ve told you elsewhere or mentioned it. It is the case they don’t necessarily show or prove everything.

    Do you have to wait till a character described as bad ass or great in a book is shown in game before you believe it?

    That’s so silly. We all know the game doesn’t show and reflect everything and blizzard tell us not to expect it to either. The zones are fixed in the time the stories the quests tell happen, and not everything those quests or dialogues mention are shown and certainly not everything written in the lore is shown.



    Lor’thenar’s short story, like all the others, show a perspective on the events they centre around. Often unique to them. They are never the full picture, they provide additional and often unique insights.

    You then combine them with other accounts both written and shown to get a fuller picture.

    You don’t unilateral ditch everything else but the latest story and assume it invalidates everything else. Especially on stuff that isn’t shown.

    Who taught you hermeneutics? Or how to read and interpret dude?
    So me stating the correct lore is now wrong?

    Ok - so, we've got a number of sources of Sin'dorei mastery of the arcane.
    Shall I link them, to prove that your wrong?

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mage_races#Blood_elves

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Magister_Kaendris

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_sanctum

    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mana_bomb

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-4Edh3RuM&t=148s

    We've got many sources that disprove your original quote of legacy and mastery not being a trait of the blood elves

    And High Elves were so against fel magic - why do we have Summoner Nolric and Magus Soulgaze, where one is a Warlock and the other uses fel magic to open up portals.

  18. #818
    Herald of the Titans Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,621
    I made this: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...llista.336553/



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    And High Elves were so against fel magic - why do we have Summoner Nolric
    to be fair I'm also against his existence like replace him with a gnome instead and I'd wager many others have the same sentiment
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    I make Warcraft 3 Reforged custom models that intends to fill the gaps in the Reforged campaign

  19. #819
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    And High Elves were so against fel magic - why do we have Summoner Nolric and Magus Soulgaze, where one is a Warlock and the other uses fel magic to open up portals.
    It's kind like the Darkfallen, these are high elves in name, but did not collectively turn themselves blood elf, and loyal to Silvermoon.

    have you not noticed that al Thalassians loyal to something else, like the cultists, or Scholomance, or the Darkfallen are all high elves - but they are because they haven't renamed themselves blood elves.

    they don't stick to the ideals of the high elves nor are part of the alliance - they've gone off on their own. Because blood elf is really a faction, whereas high elf is the race unless you've specifically become blood elf or void elf, all Thalassians are high elf.

  20. #820
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    It's kind like the Darkfallen, these are high elves in name, but did not collectively turn themselves blood elf, and loyal to Silvermoon.

    have you not noticed that al Thalassians loyal to something else, like the cultists, or Scholomance, or the Darkfallen are all high elves - but they are because they haven't renamed themselves blood elves.

    they don't stick to the ideals of the high elves nor are part of the alliance - they've gone off on their own. Because blood elf is really a faction, whereas high elf is the race unless you've specifically become blood elf or void elf, all Thalassians are high elf.
    Faction of the High Elves, but alas - the Blood Elves are the main group of "High Elves" at the same time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    to be fair I'm also against his existence like replace him with a gnome instead and I'd wager many others have the same sentiment
    Well, Magus Soulgaze also was a High Elf, who used fel magic to open the way to Niskara.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •