Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ...
9
49
57
58
59
  1. #1161
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    On the flipside, the current orbs on Sunfury build very look similar to the orbs kael'thas had in that Sin'dorei herritage armor. Orange/fire orbs. They are however currently bugged it seems.

    You can see that, in the link I posted above your post. With 4 orbs, they shrink and float weirdly. I assume they will look better. It would be great if they would us a glyph to alter that to fel spheres, but I think that's wishfull.
    It's nice to see Mage gear become more and more reflective and based off the Sin'dorei...a core race to the Mage fantasy and the class that represented them the most when they were first introduced as playable in TBC.

  2. #1162
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    It's nice to see Mage gear become more and more reflective and based off the Sin'dorei...a core race to the Mage fantasy and the class that represented them the most when they were first introduced as playable in TBC.
    Outside a small scene of a human casting polymorph in that one trailer, it's mostly the elves that showcase the mage fantasy. Blood elves mainly, just because they have been around with that fantasy the longest in game, I agree.

  3. #1163
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Outside a small scene of a human casting polymorph in that one trailer, it's mostly the elves that showcase the mage fantasy. Blood elves mainly, just because they have been around with that fantasy the longest in game, I agree.
    I reckon, playing a Sunfury Fire Mage, plus this Mage set and Sin'dorei heritage + Golden Staff of the Sin'dorei/Felo'melorn + Book of Highborne Hymns will make for a great "Sin'dorei Magister" vibe.

  4. #1164
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I reckon, playing a Sunfury Fire Mage, plus this Mage set and Sin'dorei heritage + Golden Staff of the Sin'dorei/Felo'melorn + Book of Highborne Hymns will make for a great "Sin'dorei Magister" vibe.
    Yea, for sure! it's going to be a very good time to be a blood elf.

  5. #1165
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yea, for sure! it's going to be a very good time to be a blood elf.
    I just hope this carries on into Midnight.

    Perhaps, as part of expanding Blood Elf lore, as confirmed by Ion, the Sunfury Organisation might even get a small look-in.
    I really want to see what Sunfury Arcane Mage is all about; simply because the Sunfury's named NPC Mages were "Arcane Mages." The spec is still about summoning phoenixes, except Fire is the Fire Phoenix and Arcane seems to be an Arcane Phoenix

  6. #1166
    I must reiterate My belief that Kael'thas Sunstrider was written perfectly and that his character arc was concluded logically and in a satisfying manner over 15 years ago.

    Therefore, I do not see any point in bringing Kael'thas for any future story. His brief cameo in SL was more than enough.

    Instead, the writers should focus on the living Blood Elves in dire need of development, such as Valeera Sanguinar or Aethas Sunreaver.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

  7. #1167
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I must reiterate My belief that Kael'thas Sunstrider was written perfectly and that his character arc was concluded logically and in a satisfying manner over 15 years ago.

    Therefore, I do not see any point in bringing Kael'thas for any future story. His brief cameo in SL was more than enough.

    Instead, the writers should focus on the living Blood Elves in dire need of development, such as Valeera Sanguinar or Aethas Sunreaver.
    Valeera isn't part of the core part of Quel'Thalas, but she has potential.

    Aethas isn't wanted by the Blood Elf fanbase, I can assure you of that. We want Rommath...Aethas isn't well liked by the majority Sin'dorei fanbase and their is a lot of evidence via the forums, via youtube videos...he's not written as a likeable Sin'dorei character. Instead, we should get the full breathe of Silvermoon's leadership from Lor'themar to Rommath to Haulduron to Liadrin. The middle two are the ones who need attention...probably more so than Valeera or Aethas who played roles in Legion and the former also had something in BFA.

    I do hope Rommath and Halduron are part of Ion's vision of expanding and reimagining the Blood Elves in Midnight. Perhaps Rommath and Umbric make equal contacts with the Quel'dorei of the High Mountains of the High Home whilst Rommath contacts a scattered group of Felbloods to the South so the distinction between old school High Elves and old school Blood Elves can be clearly made. High Elven Arcane Mages with more High Elf features for Void Elves and Blood Elven Fel-casting Warlocks with fel features added in just for Blood Elves.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2024-04-27 at 05:58 PM.

  8. #1168
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Valeera isn't part of the core part of Quel'Thalas, but she has potential.

    Aethas isn't wanted by the Blood Elf fanbase, I can assure you of that. We want Rommath...Aethas isn't well liked by the majority Sin'dorei fanbase and their is a lot of evidence via the forums, via youtube videos...he's not written as a likeable Sin'dorei character. Instead, we should get the full breathe of Silvermoon's leadership from Lor'themar to Rommath to Haulduron to Liadrin. The middle two are the ones who need attention...probably more so than Valeera or Aethas who played roles in Legion and the former also had something in BFA.

    I do hope Rommath and Halduron are part of Ion's vision of expanding and reimagining the Blood Elves in Midnight. Perhaps Rommath and Umbric make equal contacts with the Quel'dorei of the High Mountains of the High Home whilst Rommath contacts a scattered group of Felbloods to the South so the distinction between old school High Elves and old school Blood Elves can be clearly made. High Elven Arcane Mages with more High Elf features for Void Elves and Blood Elven Fel-casting Warlocks with fel features added in just for Blood Elves.
    It's a great opportunity to develop characters like Scout Captain Elsia or Vorenthal.
    We should also see more of Mehlar since the light is our ally and he is a great believer and more about Salandria

  9. #1169
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    It's a great opportunity to develop characters like Scout Captain Elsia or Vorenthal.
    We should also see more of Mehlar since the light is our ally and he is a great believer and more about Salandria
    Absolutely...Voren'thal and Kayn Sunfury would make for an interesting dynamic as both "betrayed" Kael, but both took extremely different routes.

    Kayn could view the Scryers as Illidari traitors.

    Then we have Mehlar and Salandria who I think would bounce off each other really well. I'd like him to be more controversial because it fits his character.
    Perhaps Mehlar and Shinfel represent the more controversial angles of Sin'dorei Paladins and Sin'dorei Warlocks

    And we can never say no to Scout Captain Elsya...she might be a good one who works with the Darkfallen Rangers like Velonara. Perhaps questions are asked regarding Hathorel's current fate since Elsya would know him

  10. #1170
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Absolutely...Voren'thal and Kayn Sunfury would make for an interesting dynamic as both "betrayed" Kael, but both took extremely different routes.

    Kayn could view the Scryers as Illidari traitors.

    Then we have Mehlar and Salandria who I think would bounce off each other really well. I'd like him to be more controversial because it fits his character.
    Perhaps Mehlar and Shinfel represent the more controversial angles of Sin'dorei Paladins and Sin'dorei Warlocks

    And we can never say no to Scout Captain Elsya...she might be a good one who works with the Darkfallen Rangers like Velonara. Perhaps questions are asked regarding Hathorel's current fate since Elsya would know him
    There are many characters that would be great to see again like Astalor or Astromancer Darnarian. the naaru k'iru should also be important

  11. #1171
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    There are many characters that would be great to see again like Astalor or Astromancer Darnarian. the naaru k'iru should also be important
    Indeed. So many great Sin'dorei characters that can be used. We have some which perform the old "TBC-like days" which come in the forms of Kayn Sunfury, Shinfel Blightsworn and Allari the Souleater. Of course we also have the Sin'dorei leadership

    We also have Voren'thal of the Scryers which work in this "TBC-like day" but was a pure Arcane Mage, almost trying to ween off Fel Magic, akin to what his kin were learning under Illidan and Kael'thas.

    Then we have the post-TBC days with characters like Elsya, Hathorel and the Sunreaver faction in general and of course the new generation of Blood Knights like Salandria.

  12. #1172
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Indeed. So many great Sin'dorei characters that can be used. We have some which perform the old "TBC-like days" which come in the forms of Kayn Sunfury, Shinfel Blightsworn and Allari the Souleater. Of course we also have the Sin'dorei leadership

    We also have Voren'thal of the Scryers which work in this "TBC-like day" but was a pure Arcane Mage, almost trying to ween off Fel Magic, akin to what his kin were learning under Illidan and Kael'thas.

    Then we have the post-TBC days with characters like Elsya, Hathorel and the Sunreaver faction in general and of course the new generation of Blood Knights like Salandria.
    Friendly reminder Voren'thal took half the army away from kael'thas when he founded the Scryers. That was a huge blow to Illidan too and maybe the main reason the Naaru could win the war.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    It's a great opportunity to develop characters like Scout Captain Elsia or Vorenthal.
    We should also see more of Mehlar since the light is our ally and he is a great believer and more about Salandria
    Especially Sunreavers have many people who are great unlike that spineless worm Aethas.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Valeera isn't part of the core part of Quel'Thalas, but she has potential.

    Aethas isn't wanted by the Blood Elf fanbase, I can assure you of that. We want Rommath...Aethas isn't well liked by the majority Sin'dorei fanbase and their is a lot of evidence via the forums, via youtube videos...he's not written as a likeable Sin'dorei character. Instead, we should get the full breathe of Silvermoon's leadership from Lor'themar to Rommath to Haulduron to Liadrin. The middle two are the ones who need attention...probably more so than Valeera or Aethas who played roles in Legion and the former also had something in BFA.

    I do hope Rommath and Halduron are part of Ion's vision of expanding and reimagining the Blood Elves in Midnight. Perhaps Rommath and Umbric make equal contacts with the Quel'dorei of the High Mountains of the High Home whilst Rommath contacts a scattered group of Felbloods to the South so the distinction between old school High Elves and old school Blood Elves can be clearly made. High Elven Arcane Mages with more High Elf features for Void Elves and Blood Elven Fel-casting Warlocks with fel features added in just for Blood Elves.
    Rommath did nothing wrong and was right about pretty much everything especially the dangers of the Void.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I just hope this carries on into Midnight.

    Perhaps, as part of expanding Blood Elf lore, as confirmed by Ion, the Sunfury Organisation might even get a small look-in.
    I really want to see what Sunfury Arcane Mage is all about; simply because the Sunfury's named NPC Mages were "Arcane Mages." The spec is still about summoning phoenixes, except Fire is the Fire Phoenix and Arcane seems to be an Arcane Phoenix
    As the no 1 Kael'thas fan of the whole community I approve all stories to bring him back in some manner.

  13. #1173
    @Grazrug
    Yeah! That's why I mentioned Elsia, she's great.

  14. #1174
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    @Grazrug
    Yeah! That's why I mentioned Elsia, she's great.
    She is.

    It would be great to delve into her story once again, but get her thoughts on Hathorel and the fact that was part of those loyal to Sylvanas. Elsia and Velonara would make for a great duo of Sin'dorei and Darkfallen Rangers, working together.

  15. #1175
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    She is.

    It would be great to delve into her story once again, but get her thoughts on Hathorel and the fact that was part of those loyal to Sylvanas. Elsia and Velonara would make for a great duo of Sin'dorei and Darkfallen Rangers, working together.
    Many blood elves are criminally underused I hope that changes in Midnight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •