Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Yes I really do.

Yet given by what you write after this comment, it's clear you refuse to consider what is actually being said. That you think I am actually saying the history of the horde is dominated by the blood elves shows me clearly you are entirely avoiding what I'm saying - either that or you don't see it - usually strong feelings can cloud judgement. Perhaps you think you're under attack and get too emotional therefore unable to objectively see what is being said.

Yes horde favoritism, it might be an ugly word to you, but it is actually a stance I supported. Yes it was unfair on the alliance, but yes we all felt and agreed it was necessary step to take to attract players to the horde.

They didn't have to use the blood elves, but it was the easiest and most convenient option. It would change and shift things, but blizzard were prepared to accept that - but I don't think entirely grasped what it would do.

At the current time, it's no longer necessary and blizz mustn't keep preferring the horde, a habit has developed, but is equally changing. If Nightborne were coming out now, they'd almost certainly go alliance as would void elves.

Unfortunate story events are not the ONLY indications of preferential treatment. The horde was the villain and nearly got destroyed in the Cata - MoP era, but was very much the favoured faction. Not because the warchief became the villain, but because it and it's races were the centre of activity. The story wasn't full of highs for the horde, but that's not necessarily meaning it was less favoured. It was also the hero of the situation. It was all about the horde, and the horde solving it's problems. The alliance was supplementary not equal.

This is how you evaluate.

Destroying Teldrassil was terirble and another hit for the alliance, but ignoring the night elves after that, and focusing on the motives and intentions of Sylvanas to map her involvement with the new Jailor storyline and the shaking up of the horde with leaving the night elves in the dust and humans largely benefitting but still secondary to the horde is horde preference. Now, causing the night elves to start rising up, and eventually leading to a much stronger night elf race down the line in a continuing story would be the sort of development that proves Teldrassil was not horde favouritism still but actually the instrument of a night elf revival and thus alliance pro story telling, but the arc isn't complete and the jury remains out on that one.

Currently based on the trends up to that point in BFA it appears to be horde favouritism, hence why all the crying happened. Got it?

Removing most of the blood elves and Nightborne to the alliance along with the High elf and Night elf civilizations that were given to them IS NOT DESTROYING THE HORDE... it is destroying the majority - not all - but the majority of the ELVES on the horde, the alliance presence on the horde.

That you think it is destroying the horde is further indication that your concept of the horde is entirely tied to the elves. How else would you perceive removal of this alliance element or the greatly diminishing of it as "Destroying the horde"?

How else would you constantly ignore the proposal which also insists the lost elven elements on the horde be replaced by Troll, Goblin, Orcish and Tauren, even Forsaken assets increasing.

You seem to miss that entirely. Also you ignore healing the identity of the horde, and fail to grasp that the presence of the blood elves and the Nightborne, especially in such a glorious and visible/prominent way is actually alliance elements on the horde. This isn't good for the horde, as those races are alliance in nature, characteristic and in the existence they've been displayed on the horde. There is nothing horde like in character about the Nightborne, Suramar, or the Blood elves, Silvermoon and Quel'thalas - these are basically the zenith point of alliance civilization and peoples... they're just on the horde in terms of alignment but have nothing in common with what has been traditionally the core and heart of the horde.

These races do not help the horde by being so prominent. If they must remain in this alliance format, they should not be prominent on the horde, they must be small and effectively refugee like, around to allow model access but not complete with alliance cities, civilizations and kingdoms, flourishing and prospering - it's too alliancey. And the bland boring alliance actually needs these elves on it, because they are loved more than all the other alliance races COMBINED - alliance fans make and show more noise/interest in high elves and night elves than they do in dwarves, gnomes, draenei and worgen combined.

Not to mention that the rise of the high elves and ALL the aspects of the kaldorei (especially it's pre-sundering civilization) provie a lot more interest and excitement to the alliance fans and players who like such things - and would be the perfect lure to entice some players back to the alliance from the horde.

What sort of players would leave the horde for this? Well only the horde ELF LOVING fans. Is that all the players that play blood elves? No, off course it isn't, most of those do so for the models. I estimate about maybe as much as a quarter of the blood elf playing group do so for the lore and care about things like Silvermoon and Suramar, if they go back to the alliance because Silvermoon, Suramar, most of the blood elves and Nightborne in lore have returned to their high elven and kaldorei kin/roots, then that would be a sufficient enough number.

The blood elf race and Nightborne would still be available on the horde - gotta have those model options and most people won't care cos many pick the race for stats or appearance when choosing what horde race to pick - but are on the horde because it's the popular faction with all the lights...t his is why it must lose the alliance lights that are on it, having those lights severely dimmed so those who love such things can repopulate the alliance, meanwhile the horde race stuff like troll cities, orc ones, goblins ones should be increased/restored/ joined back to the horde to replace them.

The horde will continue strong and liked, it will have blood elves and Nightborne too, just not the kingdoms of the high elves and the kaldorei civilisation like it did up to shadowlands. Instead the alliance will have those shining brightly and raising it's profile, but the horde will get something too, Zul'drak, Zul'aman, Zul'farak, undermine, Kezan, Grommash hold turned to Grommash city in Borean Tundra etc, Ice Crown Citadel city etc - which are horde core race and themed assets.

You should no longer be allowed to play alliance effectively on the horde in the guise of blood elves in Silvermoon/Quelt'halas or in the guise of Nightborne in Suramar, if you want those on the horde, you're a remnant , one of a few nomads/outcasts, alternative thinking or renegade Thalassians or Shal'dorei kaldorei who prefer the horde, you shouldn't be the strength and beating heart of the High elf kingdom nor the best of the kaldorei civilization - ah ah yo shouldn't, not while on the horde.

If you're on the horde, you should primarily be Orcs, trolls, tauren, goblins and the fullness and glory of these horde races (forsaken too and pandaren), not high elves and night elves, those are the best of the alliance on the horde, that should not remain.
    Maybe I didn't explain it well, blizzard all these years destroyed the horde, practically killed the racial leaders of all the playable races of the horde or made them villains! our faction went through two civil wars in a narrative we all hate!
    all blizzard did us was make us suffer! the horde in the lore is in ruins and with most of its beloved characters dead! When I speak of the horde is destroyed I mean one of the current situation. Horde players are tired and the developers promised they would leave us alone. that they would never retell stories of loss, death and betrayal in the horde.
    and I repeat once again the blood elves do not have the focus of attention of the horde from TBC only a few quests and some small camps until isle of thunder! our racial leader for those who did not know our lore was a joke!

Please if you can't see all the pain and misery that blizzard gave us over the years then I can't seriously argue with you. and I'm going to ask you one more time please stop talking about other elves in this thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Y'all have it all wrong. Blood Elves need to be nastier, not fancier.

A Horde-based High Elf should look like this. All Blood Elves should get Demon Hunter Fel Elf features.

blood elves are high elves. is their story is their development. blood elves must be patriots defending their quelthalas and sunwell.those who are willing to defend the homeland are the blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Maybe I didn't explain it well, blizzard all these years destroyed the horde, practically killed the racial leaders of all the playable races of the horde or made them villains! our faction went through two civil wars in a narrative we all hate!
    all blizzard did us was make us suffer! the horde in the lore is in ruins and with most of its beloved characters dead! When I speak of the horde is destroyed I mean one of the current situation. Horde players are tired and the developers promised they would leave us alone. that they would never retell stories of loss, death and betrayal in the horde.
    and I repeat once again the blood elves do not have the focus of attention of the horde from TBC only a few quests and some small camps until isle of thunder! our racial leader for those who did not know our lore was a joke!

Please if you can't see all the pain and misery that blizzard gave us over the years then I can't seriously argue with you. and I'm going to ask you one more time please stop talking about other elves in this thread

- - - Updated - - -

blood elves are high elves. is their story is their development. blood elves must be patriots defending their quelthalas and sunwell.those who are willing to defend the homeland are the blood elves.
    It's just a matter of time until someone transforms the Sunwell into another anime hottie and the Blood Elves go hungry again.

It's just a matter of time until someone transforms the Sunwell into another anime hottie and the Blood Elves go hungry again.
    now we have our nightborne allies with their magic fruits!

I also remember that the light supposedly would cure the addiction, rommath said in Suramar that the blood elves were cured.

at the time you agreed with me that the high elf customization be shared between the two factions.
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2020-12-07 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Young Munch View Post
    I get that the Alliance is upset that the Horde got blood elves because they were part of the Alliance at one point, but narratives evolve. The story went in a direction that many may not have agreed with, but many others did. I mean, I was upset when the worgen went to the Alliance because I felt that a “beast race” should go to the “beast faction” but I realized that was a narrow-minded opinion because, again, narrative is a thing. There is no reason for the worgen to join the Horde based on their story. Likewise, things happened to blood elves that pushed them into the Horde. Sure, they look like an Alliance race and used to be be part of it, but the story had a different opinion. Plus, the Alliance still had a small faction of high elves and eventually got void elves.
    I wouldn't say it's ever been Blizzards priority to keep the Alliance nice and pretty and the horde monstrous and ugly they gave the Horde Blood Elves specifically because they wanted the Horde to have a non-monstrous race, gave the Alliance Draenei to give them a physically large/powerful race, gave the Horde Goblins to give them a small/comedic race and the Alliance Worgen because they felt the Alliance could use a monstrous race.

- - - Updated - - -
    People seem to have a misconception that the Blood Elves were absorbing/addicted to fel magic, the most exposure Blood Elves got to fel energy was the fel crystals used to power parts of Silvermoon which radiated fel energy that turned their eyes fel green, they stated their arcane addiction by absorbing magic from manawyrms and other creatures. Only Kael'Thas' followers were absorbing fel energy from demons on outland which is why we saw felblood elves in the Magisters Terrace and Sunwell Plateau.

Strictly speaking Blood Elves have been using Arcane/Holy energy from the sunwell far longer than they were ever around/using fel energy.
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2020-12-07 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's ever been Blizzards priority to keep the Alliance nice and pretty and the horde monstrous and ugly they gave the Horde Blood Elves specifically because they wanted the Horde to have a non-monstrous race, gave the Alliance Draenei to give them a physically large/powerful race, gave the Horde Goblins to give them a small/comedic race and the Alliance Worgen because they felt the Alliance could use a monstrous race.

People seem to have a misconception that the Blood Elves were absorbing/addicted to fel magic, the most exposure Blood Elves got to fel energy was the fel crystals used to power parts of Silvermoon which radiated fel energy that turned their eyes fel green, they stated their arcane addiction by absorbing magic from manawyrms and other creatures. Only Kael'Thas' followers were absorbing fel energy from demons on outland which is why we saw felblood elves in the Magisters Terrace and Sunwell Plateau.

Strictly speaking Blood Elves have been using Arcane/Holy energy from the sunwell far longer than they were ever around/using fel energy.
    it is true that many people do not know the lore of the blood elves and confuse the forces of kaelthas with the elves of quelthalas.

Oh great...so now, every elf thread now descends into "Horde shouldn't have Elves and Suramar and Silvermoon should be Alliance!"

Can we get some Mods here please and remind people that we are here to talk about Blood Elves. Not Night Elves, not Nightborne, not Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Oh great...so now, every elf thread now descends into "Horde shouldn't have Elves and Suramar and Silvermoon should be Alliance!"

Can we get some Mods here please and remind people that we are here to talk about Blood Elves. Not Night Elves, not Nightborne, not Alliance.
    I kindly asked from the beginning that we just keep the thread to talk about blood elves. I hope the moderators can do something

it is true that many people do not know the lore of the blood elves and confuse the forces of kaelthas with the elves of quelthalas.
    The storytelling in WoW used to be significantly vaguer or left to suplementary material such as comics, manga and novels (like the sunwell becoming an anime girl) so a lot of it was more often to interpretations/guesswork.

The fel crystals, green eyes and the blood elves generally being more morally ambigious (mana tapping, naaru draining, sunfury/kael'thas being enemies in TBC) also probably gave the wrong impression of how important the fel was to the blood elves, other material like the RPG books also had a completely different interpretation of the Blood Elf/High Elf divide (where the Blood Elves were only what Kael'thas followers were called and were depicted as evil warlocks vs the good alliance aligned high elves)which also led to people trying to create the narrative of the Blood Elves being more estranged from their High Elf roots than they actually were (even though for all intents and purposes the Blood Elves are the High Elf archetype of WoW).

You are entitled to hate their narrative, but the [figurative] destruction of the horde was not the narrative, but the inclusion of the alliance into it. This destroyed the identity of the horde. The events are just story, their inclusion doesn't destroy a horde faction, they wouldn't do that especially to the primary, most powerful, popular, most played and renowned faction. There is a reason why the story is both not enjoyable to a lot of people and very difficult to please the fans - it's based in a faction they are trying to make be everything and the best at everything. Best at both the horde races and the best of what the alliance races can be.

They are trying to have the cake and eat on the horde, and it just doesn't work..

Narrative wise much of it is story, and the horde dominates, it's all about the horde. The whole refashioning of the horde from BfA is trying give a horde with alliance races involved. This has necessitated a redefinition, and the current version is a shadow of what the horde was and felt like from Wc1 to the end of WoW classic.

This is because the new horde has to include alliance races like blood elves and Nightborne behaving and operating like the high elves and kaldorei civilization they are, full of alliance type ideals, nobility, ideology, standards of civilization, morality, culture, religion and sense of justice...its all alliance based.
    .its effectively diluted the horde and turned it into a quasi confused mess, they'd rather try to redefine than just simply remove the cancerous alliance elements by placing them back on the alliance and severely reducing the prominence of the remaining blood elves and Nightborne.

That's why the horde is having this narrative problem. Ignore and remove the elves or greatly minimise them and the horde can have a clear, well defined identity a strong narrative can be built around

The plus side is that blood elves and Nightborne would still be playable, they just wont have the bragging rights stuff like Silvermoon or Suramar, and they would no longer be this large glorious elven nations on the horde, all of those things will still be there on the alliance if you like that, where they belong, but if you like the blood elves and Nightborne they'd still be on the horde, just not influential enough

Never said they were the focus of the horde, again, as I observed, you haven't understood what I am saying please carefully read it again and pause to take it in. Do not get angry until you have read the whole thing.

The presence of the blood elves and Nightborne in the full glory and remaining might of both the high elves and the night elven civilisation on the horde is what the problem to the horde and its identity.

They are drawing and keeping g alliance players on the horde and preventing the alliance from shining as it should do with its core races. Having the best of the alliance races dominant on the horde (and by this I mean having the full Thalassian and kaldorei stuff their - whether its playing strong roles in the narrative or not it's very visible and prominent. Not to mention they keep showing up too.

Their prominence is accentuated by how much they stand out to the horde races, you notice them instantly in the lore and story, which is why they should hardly be seen or heard of on that faction to avoid obscuring the actual horde races which they are doing with that level of visibility and prominence in their assets.
    Player presence is enough for the horde, it is the alliance that should have them visible, so they are strongly associated with that faction in the narrative seeing that they are alliance races,

I can, and do. Do you not know the alliance has been suffering even more, and that much of this crisis is tied to the confusion and meshing of alliance with horde on the horde by the presence of the fullness of both the high elves and now the kaldorei's best and brightest visible lore elements on it.

Its created a much bigger problem that's harder to see or appreciate because it seems so innocent and hard to quantify.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-12-07 at 09:25 PM.

I kindly asked from the beginning that we just keep the thread to talk about blood elves. I hope the moderators can do something
    Ravenmoon wants to turn all threads into this war and push his ideals further.
    It's got to stop. Hell, the guy doesn't play anymore yet he doesn't even allow for Blood Elf fans to talk about Blood Elves, Silvermoon, Quel'Thalas or anything like that because we're dealing with his rubbish headcanons.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    You are entitled to hate their narrative, but the destruction of the horde was not the narrative, but the inclusion of the alliance into it. This destroyed the identity of the horde. The events are just story, their inclusion doesn't destroy a horde faction, they wouldnt do that especially to the primary and most powerful and popular, most played and renowned faction. There is a reason why the story is both not enjoyable to a lot of people and very difficult to please the fans - it's based in a faction they are trying to make be everything and the best at everything. Best at both the horde races and the best of what the alliance races can be.

They are trying to have the cake and eat on the horde, and it just doesnt work..

Narrative wise much of it is story, and the horde dominates, it's all about the horde. The whole refashioning of the horde from BfA is trying give a horde with alliance races involved..this has necessitated a redefinition, and the current version is a shadow of what the horde was and felt like from Wc1 to the end of WoW classic.

This is because the new horde has to include alliance races like blood elves and nightborne behaving and operating like the high elves and kaldorei civilization they are, full of alliance type ideals, nobility, ideology, standards of civilization, morality, culture, religion and sense of justice...its all alliance based.
    .its effectively diluted the horde and turned it into a quasi confused mess, theyd rather try to redefine than just simply remove the cancerous alliance elements by placing them back on the alliance and severly reducing the prominence of the remaining blood elves and Nightborne.

That's why the horde is having this narrative problem. Ignore and remove the elves or pgreatly minimise them and the horde can have a clear, well defined identity a strong narrative can be built around

The plus side is that blood elves and Nightborne would still be playable, they just wont have the bragging rights stuff like Silvermoon or Suramar, and they would no longer be this large glorious elven nations on the horde, all of those things will still be there on the alliance if you like that, where they belong, but if you like the blood elves and nightborne theyd still be on the horde, just not influential enough

[

Never said they were the focus of the horde, again, as I observed, you havent understood what I am saying please carefully read it again and pause to take it in. Do not get angry until you have read the whole thing.

The presence of the blood elves and Nightborne in the full glory and remaining might of both the high elves and the night elven civilisation on the horde is what the problem to the horde and its identity.

They are drawing and keeping g alliance players on the horde and preventing frppthe alliance from shining as it should do with its core races. Having the best of the alliance races dominant on the horde (and by this I mean having the full Thalassian and kaldorei stuff their - whether its playing strong roles in the narrative or not it's very visible and prominent. Not to mention they keep showing up too.

Their prominence is accentuated by how much they stand out to the horde races, you notice them instantly in the lore and story, which is why they should hardly be seen or heard of on that faction to avoid obscuring the actual horde races which they are doing with that level of visibility and prominence in their assets.
    Player presence is enough for the horde, it is the alliance that should have them visible, so they are strongly associated with that faction in the narrative seeing that they are alliance races,

I can, and do. Do you not know the alliance has been suffering even more, and that much of this crisis is tied to the confusion and meshing of alliance with horde on the horde by the presence of the fullness of both the high elves and now the kaldorei's best and brightest visible lore elements on it.

Its created a much bigger problem that's harder to see or appreciate because it seems so innocent and hard to quantify.
    can't you have a debate without naming nightborne / night elf?

blood elves are largely ignored in the horde! Did you see the BFA poster or the cinematic trailer? I didn't see any blood elf.
    All the players of the horde liked our narrative until blizz decided that they were going to kill horde characters and turn them into villains. the horde went from being a faction to constant civil wars! that has nothing to do with blood elves!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    The storytelling in WoW used to be significantly vaguer or left to suplementary material such as comics, manga and novels (like the sunwell becoming an anime girl) so a lot of it was more often to interpretations/guesswork.

The fel crystals, green eyes and the blood elves generally being more morally ambigious (mana tapping, naaru draining, sunfury/kael'thas being enemies in TBC) also probably gave the wrong impression of how important the fel was to the blood elves, other material like the RPG books also had a completely different interpretation of the Blood Elf/High Elf divide (where the Blood Elves were only what Kael'thas followers were called and were depicted as evil warlocks vs the good alliance aligned high elves)which also led to people trying to create the narrative of the Blood Elves being more estranged from their High Elf roots than they actually were (even though for all intents and purposes the Blood Elves are the High Elf archetype of WoW).
    That's literally the Blood Elf lore you get fed in the Draenei starting zone, a bunch of evil Kael'thas & Legion aligned Blood Elves following the Draenei to Azeroth from Outland. I'm not surprised most people see them that way. I don't think you ever get closure that those Belfs aren't representative of any else that you see.

That's literally the Blood Elf lore you get fed in the Draenei starting zone, a bunch of evil Kael'thas & Legion aligned Blood Elves following the Draenei to Azeroth from Outland. I'm not surprised most people see them that way. I don't think you ever get closure that those Belfs aren't representative of any else that you see.
    It doesn't help that the Blood Elf Bandits, literally yell upon aggro:
    "For Silvermoon! For Sunstrider!"

Yeah we didn't really get a clear distinction between the non-evil Blood Elves and the evil ones throughout TBC until the end where we got the Shattered Sun Offensive and by then we had been killing Blood Elves all across Outland, it wasn't like how in Suramar we got a pretty clear divide between the good nightfallen and the evil loyalist nightborne/felborne

the scarlet crusade doesn't represent all humans right? kael's followers are not the same elves as quelthalas.
    the idea that some have of how elves have to be and mainly of people who do not play blood elf as main and do not know lore blood elf have a very wrong idea of what blood elf are!blood elves are high elves! the name is in honor of the dead high elves and their highborne / queldorei ancestors

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't help that the Blood Elf Bandits, literally yell upon aggro:
    "For Silvermoon! For Sunstrider!"
    when kaelthas dies in tempest keep also says for quelthalas! the scarlet crusade claims they are the true heirs of lordaeron. different factions.

the scarlet crusade doesn't represent all humans right? kael's followers are not the same elves as quelthalas.
    the idea that some have of how elves have to be and mainly of people who do not play blood elf as main and do not know lore blood elf have a very wrong idea of what blood elf are!blood elves are high elves! the name is in honor of the dead high elves and their highborne / queldorei ancestors

- - - Updated - - -

when kaelthas dies in tempest keep also says for quelthalas! the scarlet crusade claims they are the true heirs of lordaeron. different factions.
    This is during the very early leveling experience.
    It's very confusing as you see Blood Elf NPC's in Quel'Thalas, praising the ground Kael'thas is walking on and hostile Blood Elf Bandits, wanting and aiming to kill the Draenei as well as the Sunhawk Force, under Sironas.

It's very confusing as you see Blood Elf NPC's in Quel'Thalas, praising the ground Kael'thas is walking on and hostile Blood Elf Bandits, wanting and aiming to kill the Draenei as well as the Sunhawk Force, under Sironas.
    I suppose that blizzard should have been clearer from the beginning but according to the developers themselves what they wanted was to create a story where we saw the blood elves at their worst and where their only hope was their prince and when their prince himself betrayed them it would be the point lower for them. that is why the end when the blood elves defeat kaelthas and regain the sunwell is the end of a story of self-improvement despite adversity.

I think the story is bad, it could be told better but at least it has a good ending.

At that time, elves living in Silvermoon and Sunfury elves operating in Outland were all under same banner. They followed Kael... it was also reason why elves on Azeroth tried to reach Outland, they wanted to rejoin their prince in a paradise he promised them. Important fact is that elves of Silvermoon were unaware of Kael's allegience with Burning Legion. Once they realized it, they renounced him and after he stormed Silvermoon and took M'uru to Sunwell plateau, they shattered all ties to Sunstrider family (destroying his statues, etc).

Now, it is possible that Alliance who encountered Sunfury on Azuremyst/Bloodmyst thought even elves of Silvermoon are up to no good, that may be the reason they sent spies to Quel'thalas to find out... It might explain a lot, but in the end, it changes nothing for blood elves.

Well, they were the same at that time. Elves of Quel'thalas were loyal to Kael until they reached Outland and discover the truth about him.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-12-07 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    At that time, elves living in Silvermoon and Sunfury elves operating in Outland were all under same banner. They followed Kael... it was also reason why elves on Azeroth tried to reach Outland, they wanted to rejoin their prince in a paradise he promised them. Important fact is that elves of Silvermoon were unaware of Kael's allegience with Burning Legion. Once they realized it, they renounced him and after he stormed Silvermoon and took M'uru to Sunwell plateau, they shattered all ties to Sunstrider family (destroying his statues, etc).

Now, it is possible that Alliance who encountered Sunfury on Azuremyst/Bloodmyst thought even elves of Silvermoon are up to no good, that may be the reason they sent spies to Quel'thalas to find out... It might explain a lot, but in the end, it changes nothing for blood elves.

Well, they were the same at that time. Elves of Quel'thalas were loyal to Kael until they reached Outland and discover the truth about him.
    they were loyal but were not involved in any of its practices. The warcraft encyclopedia makes it clear that if the elves of quelthalas discovered the truth of kaelthas they would be horrified. but I repeat, I believe that the story is poorly written although I understand the motivations of the writers, I think if you are someone who really loves the lore blood elf you will understand everything, but for someone who is not interested it can generate confusion

they were loyal but were not involved in any of its practices. The warcraft encyclopedia makes it clear that if the elves of quelthalas discovered the truth of kaelthas they would be horrified. but I repeat, I believe that the story is poorly written although I understand the motivations of the writers
    Not really. Elves of Quel'thalas did embrace practices of Kael, it was Rommath who tought them... you could even saw fel crystals all over Silvermoon and Eversong. Elves were draining mana from creatures until Sunwell was restored... so you can't really say they were not involved in any of his practices. If you do, you ignore established blood elf lore.

The important part is that elves in Quel'thalas knew nothing of Kael's alliance with Kil'Jaeden and once they learned the truth, those who were not swayed by his propaganda stayed with the Horde and faced their Prince. Now I believe it is canon that Horde cleared Tempest Keep?

I agree that most of TBC lore is a mess and could be handled way better.