Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Yes, he does, when he was a bad boy Sunfury elf.

Void elves seem a lot more the deviant trying type, plus their greater magical use, makes tattoos more likelsy for them.

Also Alleria, their leader uses those tattoos, , it is far more likely they'll have them.

Scars, yes, Lor'themar has one, but that's it, blood elves tend to magic away these, and Lor'themar kept his to remind him of the event. This is why blood elves weren't given scars. I'm not suggesting void elves get them either, but they fit high elf wayfarers more than they do pristine blood elves.

This is because blood elves have been moulded into the old high elf typeset, meanwhile the current high elf, is the old high elf in principle, but wthotu the prisitne sheen they gave the blood elves
    And he still is a "bad boy Sunfury Elf."

Rommath hasn't changed in his mindset. He hates the Kirin Tor. He mocks and laughs at the Alliance. He never thought much of Sylvanas.
    He is the Grand Magister of Quel'Thalas - the Elven Magi of Quel'Thalas respect him.

And Alleria using tattoos is just one and you mention she is the leader of the Void Elves.
    Lor'themar has scars and has a blinded eye and he is the leader of the Blood Elves - so why shouldn't the Blood Elves have more scarring and tattoos.

And I mention yet again - if tattoos were a big thing in high elf society, wouldn't you think the then Ranger General, Sylvanas Windrunner, would have boasted them? The fact is, they weren't and still aren't.

The leaders of the High Elves, Vereesa and Auric - neither of them had any tattoos. They were just simple rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Name us another High/Void Elf who also has tattoos? I mean, Sylvanas was a big deal before she was killed...her being the Ranger General of Silvermoon and I don't recall ever seeing her have tattoos.
    Same as Vereesa - she doesn't have tattoos
    Auric doesn't have tattoos.
    Umbric has no tattoos.

Literally, only Rommath and Alleria have tattoos and both are highly respected members of their relative societies.
    Alleria is the leader of a faction and a race, those tattoos likely play a significant role in mastery and employment of the void, which is why it is very likely void elves would have them too. Rommath on the other hand was dealing in fel magic with Illidan and Kael'thas before getting sent back to Silvermoon, his high status, likely means he was near illidari level and powerful enough to require the use of tattoos for containment magic, which is why only he has them, and no other does. And the difference is void elves are brand new, so it could be that it is a thing about them, because we know so little. Blood elves are not new, the transition to blood elves has had a lot of lore and characterisation, and in that time, no tattoos.

Please explain what other logical conclusion and evaluation you can make.

High elves have largely had a rough time, some have been fine in palces like Dalaran, their usual pristine self, but others have been like those in QUel'lithien, and in Kalimdor, had a rough time out in the forest and the wild, little support, they have probably found very tight bonds, with decorative tattoos which elves like as well picked up scars and either not had access to magic to magic them away or have stopped caring faced with the situation of their way faring life.

Face it, it doesn't fit the polished blood elf or dalaran high elf. I'm just observing that.

@Alanar has a point that such things should be available to all races, but like male beards, guess what, some races will have little to none, while others would have some interesting tattoos, as blizzard will distinguish them.

You raise a good point.

Like I said to Mace, what about all those big figures in High Elf and Void Elf societies? Literally only 1 from the void elves and 1 from the blood elves, uses tattoos.
    The first we saw was the latter as Alleria wasn't even in the game.

I mean, Sylvanas Windrunner was the Ranger General - if tattoos were big in high elf society, would you not expect her to be showing some tattoos?

Alleria is the leader of a faction and a race, those tattoos likely play a significant role in mastery and employment of the void, which is why it is very likely void elves would have them too. Rommath on the other hand was dealing in fel magic with Illidan and Kael'thas before getting sent back to Silvermoon, his high status, likely means he was near illidari level and powerful enough to require the use of tattoos for containment magic, which is why only he has them, and no other does. And the difference is void elves are brand new, so it could be that it is a thing about them, because we know so little. Blood elves are not new, the transition to blood elves has had a lot of lore and characterisation, and in that time, no tattoos.

Please explain what other logical conclusion and evaluation you can make.

High elves have largely had a rough time, some have been fine in palces like Dalaran, their usual pristine self, but others have been like those in QUel'lithien, and in Kalimdor, had a rough time out in the forest and the wild, little support, they have probably found very tight bonds, with decorative tattoos which elves like as well picked up scars and either not had access to magic to magic them away or have stopped caring faced with the situation of their way faring life.

Face it, it doesn't fit the polished blood elf or dalaran high elf. I'm just observing that.

@Alanar has a point that such things should be available to all races, but like male beards, guess what, some races will have little to none, while others would have some interesting tattoos, as blizzard will distinguish them.
    Don't be ridiculous. Alleria had those tattoos before she went "void."

But that doesn't mean it was a big "High Elf" thing, because Sylvanas would have had them, given she was the Ranger General.

Quel'Lithien High Elves are nothing more than Rangers and Woodsmen. Never had tattoos.

And the "polished Blood Elf" is the whole "Thalassian." That means, Blood Elves should get everything that is relative to their race, both graceful and rough-around-the-edges. Void Elves should get a token part of that, plus their own "voidy" features.

And like Rommath, only Alleria has the tattoos, for alliance thalassian elves. Again, your contradicting yourself.
    "Well Rommath was dealing with fel magic...other blood elves should not have tattoos."
    "Lor'themar might have scars but that doesn't mean the other blood elves should!"

"Alleria has tattoos...all void elves should have tattoos as new options!"

I've already given you examples of why your wrong. The biggest character to explain this is Sylvanas, the Ranger General. Every Blood Elf fan would agree with me, regardless of whether we like or hate Sylvanas. (I'm the latter.)
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-09-18 at 02:47 PM.

Yes, he does, when he was a bad boy Sunfury elf.

Void elves seem a lot more the deviant trying type, plus their greater magical use, makes tattoos more likelsy for them.

Also Alleria, their leader uses those tattoos, , it is far more likely they'll have them.

Scars, yes, Lor'themar has one, but that's it, blood elves tend to magic away these, and Lor'themar kept his to remind him of the event. This is why blood elves weren't given scars. I'm not suggesting void elves get them either, but they fit high elf wayfarers more than they do pristine blood elves.

This is because blood elves have been moulded into the old high elf typeset, meanwhile the current high elf, is the old high elf in principle, but wthotu the prisitne sheen they gave the blood elves

- - - Updated - - -

And? Blood elves aren't "wayfarers" homeless, often wandering without support or easy access to magic. Logic dictates if fits them more.

For void elves, like Illidari, tattoos are magical binds that help counteract dangerous magics and amplifciation. They aren't new, but the high elves and night elves never used them. Illidari do, and void using Alleria does, it makes sense because of the magics they are dealing with. It doesn't make sense for blood elves.

Now they could have decorative and symbolic tattoos, but that's more a farstrider thing that both blood elves and high elven or void elves can also have. But when my friend posted it on the EU forums, he got a lot of flak from blood elf fans who kept pointing out that blood elves were pristine and polished, the community seemed on his side. So you weren't given tattoos.

Don't start crying for them now or having a go at me for pointing this out.

Yeh, don't see it happening. Void elves, yes, blood elves, no.

Yes

Agreed, so do night elves. And you know who agrees with you ? Ravenmoon, (on the tattoos) , let's just hope they add more options lataer.

I'm not saying this because I don't want you to have them. I hope you realise that. I jus tthink they are going for scruffier and rougher with the void/high elves, and more pristine/polished with the blood elves.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't disagree with you, I'm just observing the dividing line blizzard is now doing for void elves and blood elves given the alliance now has customisations. The art work is incredible. But you know who has suggested things for night elves and seen it given to blood elves or Nightborne (after nightborne were out and I wanted them different).. yep, me.

Just don't get surprised. I find myself find about blizz and their decisions, when I just let go, and decided, you know what whatever happens , happens.

- - - Updated - - -

No it just doesn't.
    blizz concept art tattoos like rommath

We should be able to have tattoos like this and also farstrider tattoos
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-09-18 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

Don't forget the Blood Elves on the TBC box arts.

Covered in runes and tattoos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...usade_box_has/

For example.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    The most "natural" way for blood elves would be the identity of "Sun Elves". Golden eyes, tanned and brown skin tones and their blonde hair make quite good basis for this concept, but it can certainly be developed.

Tattoos - not strictly "Lightforged" ones Draenei use (I would rather not see that to avoid overlap with another Alliance race), but s glowing mystical tattoos, similar to Nightborne one. I can imagine having option to select colors of the tattoo between gold/yellow, orange/red, purple and green. In that way, you actually cover most magic types sin'dorei usually use. (Light, Fire, Arcane, Fel)

Jewelery - seeing new Nightborne customizations, I'm definitely up for sin'dorei jewelery. The least they can do are some lavish earrings, necklaces and bracelets. Most of the blood elf artworks include delicate jewelery, so it feels only appropriate to give it to blood elves.
    all brown skins were shared void elves, we need more similar skins from lightforged something like this

3+ Year Old Account
    above all else, more options are never bad

Blood Elves should get green/red/blue/yellow/gold tattoos

Void Elves should get blue/silver tattoos
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Don't be ridiculous. Alleria had those tattoos before she went "void."

But that doesn't mean it was a big "High Elf" thing, because Sylvanas would have had them, given she was the Ranger General.

Quel'Lithien High Elves are nothing more than Rangers and Woodsmen. Never had tattoos.
    She did? WAs that added later in a retcon.

So he was right, it is a ranger thing, which still favours the void elves and high elves. Since the high elves are skewed toward the rangers/ wood elf hunter types and blood elves are skewed towards arcane and light, while void elves are deep magic.. magic in everything.. similar to the nightborne, but instead of dropping down on the magicometer, the void elves stepped it up.

And the "polished Blood Elf" is the whole "Thalassian." That means, Blood Elves should get everything that is relative to their race, both graceful and rough-around-the-edges. Void Elves should get a token part of that, plus their own "voidy" features.

And like Rommath, only Alleria has the tattoos, for alliance thalassian elves. Again, your contradicting yourself.
    "Well Rommath was dealing with fel magic...other blood elves should not have tattoos."
    "Lor'themar might have scars but that doesn't mean the other blood elves should!"

"Alleria has tattoos...all void elves should have tattoos as new options!"

I've already given you examples of why your wrong. The biggest character to explain this is Sylvanas, the Ranger General. Every Blood Elf fan would agree with me, regardless of whether we like or hate Sylvanas. (I'm the latter.)
    Look, it's blizzard's stance. When they talked about Lor'themar having scars, they went out of their way to mention it was the exception. He wanted to keep the scars. It's not usual for his people

ofc this doesn't mean blood elves shouldn't have the options. Why should Lor'themar be the only one who wants to keep his scars right?

But you seem to be coming at me like I don't want you to have scars. I'm just pionting out, it's against the grain, and seems to fit the high/void elves better - therefore judging by the trend, they'd get it for sure.

Void elves don't have jewellery and other frills, my bet is they will get tattoos and void features and scars. Just like night elves do. Meanwhile nightborne do not have those.

It is my observation that blizzard is really dividing the aliance and horde elves by the more pristine (horde) vs the rougher/wilder/more squeezed (alliance).

That's the story right now. Void elves, high elves, night elves are ALL homeless, all in very small numbers after genocides, all on the brink

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you, you'd be lucky if you did. Weren't you fighting with that other blood elf fan about tattoos and a farstrider look for blood elves? OR was that only Tanaria?

So he was right, it is a ranger thing, which still favours the void elves and high elves. Since the high elves are skewed toward the rangers/ wood elf hunter types and blood elves are skewed towards arcane and light, while void elves are deep magic.. magic in everything.. similar to the nightborne, but instead of dropping down on the magicometer, the void elves stepped it up.
    Ok - so it's a high elf thing then? So, where were the ranger tattoos for Sylvanas? I mean, she was the High Elven Ranger General...surely, she should have been sporting tattoos?

Also, last I checked under the WoWpedia page - the Farstriders were still a Horde group. So, with that in mind - it actually favors the Blood Elves a lot more, due to numbers and the Farstrider organisation being Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Look, it's blizzard's stance. When they talked about Lor'themar having scars, they went out of their way to mention it was the exception. He wanted to keep the scars. It's not usual for his people

ofc this doesn't mean blood elves shouldn't have the options. Why should Lor'themar be the only one who wants to keep his scars right?

But you seem to be coming at me like I don't want you to have scars. I'm just pionting out, it's against the grain, and seems to fit the high/void elves better - therefore judging by the trend, they'd get it for sure.

Void elves don't have jewellery and other frills, my bet is they will get tattoos and void features and scars. Just like night elves do. Meanwhile nightborne do not have those.

It is my observation that blizzard is really dividing the aliance and horde elves by the more pristine (horde) vs the rougher/wilder/more squeezed (alliance).

That's the story right now. Void elves, high elves, night elves are ALL homeless, all in very small numbers after genocides, all on the brink
    But Blizzard doesn't agree with you.

The original artwork for Blood Elves had runes and tattoos on the faces of the Sin'dorei.
    Rommath has tattoos.

In fact, I'd say the Sin'dorei are the first race in wow, that could bring racial tattoos, sporting either golden, green, purple or red - each one indicating their wide array of magical use.

Sylvanas Windrunner is the character that throws your view on tattoos being a high elf thing, right out of the window.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    Good for you, you'd be lucky if you did. Weren't you fighting with that other blood elf fan about tattoos and a farstrider look for blood elves? OR was that only Tanaria?
    I've never been against more options for the Sin'dorei.
    I'm against removing them from their own city and land and just making them "angry bad boys" in Netherstorm or Azshara, just because Alliance fans have hurt feelings.

Tattoos are a Sin'dorei thing. Rommath is proof - it doesn't matter if he was Sunfury/Illidari. Hell, both of those factions - especially the former, are a part of Sin'dorei society now anyway.
    The Sunfury rejoined Silvermoon after Kael'thas was defeated on Quel'Danas. Now with the Blood Elf Demon Hunters, the Illidari could also have joined back with Silvermoon as well.

Come on Blizz, both sub-factions of the Sin'dorei, who Mace believes supported the idea of Blood Elves getting runic tattoos, are both part of the Horde now and with the Blood Elves. Now, we've got even more excuses to have Blood Elves with runic tattoos.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-09-18 at 06:55 PM.

all brown skins were shared void elves, we need more similar skins from lightforged something like this

To be honest, this is not really exciting and definitely one of the worse fan concepts I saw. It's just void elf hairstyle with recolored tentacle, pale skin and low effort "tattoo" which look like it was made by a kid from kindergarten in MS Paint. If you want something unique, it should not be based on a customization of other race.

Yes, brown skin is shared unfortunately. My opinion is that it should stay blood elf exclusive, to bring them to the "Sun Elf" vibe. They are the only elf group which embrace worship of the Light (not even high elves ever did that) and they are the group with the strongest connection to the Sunwell... but what's done is done. Golden tattoos and jewelery would still go a long way though. I actually quite like the contrast of of the colors. It looks cool and provides the right vibe.

I know it's not WoW, but Sunfire elves from Dragon Prince are quite good example how blood elves could look.

5+ Year Old Account
    Those tattoos look really cool. I just think customization options shouldn't be copied from Blood Elves to Void Elves. That's completely wrong. Each race should have their own unique appearances. Some could be similar, of course, but now I just have a feeling that they are quite the same in some way.

To be honest, this is not really exciting and definitely one of the worse fan concepts I saw. It's just void elf hairstyle with recolored tentacle, pale skin and low effort "tattoo" which look like it was made by a kid from kindergarten in MS Paint. If you want something unique, it should not be based on a customization of other race.

Yes, brown skin is shared unfortunately. My opinion is that it should stay blood elf exclusive, to bring them to the "Sun Elf" vibe. They are the only elf group which embrace worship of the Light (not even high elves ever did that) and they are the group with the strongest connection to the Sunwell... but what's done is done. Golden tattoos and jewelery would still go a long way though. I actually quite like the contrast of of the colors. It looks cool and provides the right vibe.

I know it's not WoW, but Sunfire elves from Dragon Prince are quite good example how blood elves could look.

the point is that now that the brown skin was shared with the void elves that skin color would not be "light customization"
    then the light skin color would be that of draenei lightforged who also has calia
    It is my opinion for a skin color that is suitable for the lore blood elf and one that is unique and that void elves should not have, in the same way that void elves have unique void skin

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I love all aspects of the blood elves, both magister, light and farstrider.
    About the farstrider tattoos they are part of the quelthalas forces since Wc2 that's why we want farstrider tattoos

I love all aspects of the blood elves, both magister, light and farstrider.
    About the farstrider tattoos they are part of the quelthalas forces since Wc2 that's why we want farstrider tattoos

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/GU5GCF1.pngG]
    My elf loving former house mates and bro want these for blood elves.

But blizzard has only ever given Farstrider tattoos to high elves since Wc2

When blood elves emerged, no one had them. When Alleria returned. She did.
    MRommath has them but there is no explanation, nor repeat unlike Alleria.

It makes Rommath feel mysterious and exceptional in the dangerous sense. Which is how he was presented - kael’thas’ enforcer. Until you see Illidari sporting magic arcane tattoos and remember Rommath hung with the group of blood elves who were with Illidan.

The ones the player blood elf kills since they eventually side with the Legion, except for Rommath.

Just like you don’t think undead or San’layn is part of blood elf society (doesn’t mean their options shouldn’t be playable). So too is tattoos, both magical or Farstrider seem to be part of blood elf society either, nor scars.

(Doesn’t mean they can’t be added as an exceptional thing that players can pick, but no nPc blood elf will have. )

Look at the models and styles, void elves and high elves have the messier hairstyles, messier and fuller beards, and the tattoos show up in character with them.

Blood elves have the tidy pristine look old high elves had. If you ask me, it should be the other way round. But blizzard opted it this way.

I doubt you will get tattoos or scars. Rommath and Lor’thenar are the exception and it makes their models unique.

Meanwhile, Alleria’a tattoos are not the exception for high elves nor is the messier look and likely scars going to be either.

Still, anything is possible.

Night elves should have arcane and tidier options on the alliance, but it’s only given to the horde night elves. Meanwhile Nightborne don’t get scars or messier styles.

Night elves have lore precedence for the neater polished be-jewelled highborne appearance. Nightborne do not have precedence for wilder , messier options. Doesn’t mean they can’t have.

If they do a Farstrider appearance range like Beloren has been crying fir for blood elves. You will get tattoos and scars, but void elves will too. In this case, as Beliren has posted on, they’d probably split by colour. White, blue, purple, grey and gold for void elves.

Green, red, brown, black and gold for blood elves.

SNIP
    Alleria is the only high/void elf with tattoos. I keep mentioning her and you refuse to answer - if tattoos were big for the High Elves, why the hell didn't Sylvanas have any? She was Ranger General. It's because tattoos only appear for two Thalassian Elves - them being Rommath and Alleria. Rommath being the first elf we encountered with tattoos (who wasn't a Demon Hunter), followed by Alleria.

And why would void elves get gold tattoos. For all Elves, gold is a signature colour for the Blood Elves.
    They have golden eyes and would be complete with golden tattoos.
    Void Elves can have white, blue and purple.
    Blood Elves should get gold, white, blue, purple, green and red.

And forget the whole "Sunfury/Illidari on Outland" thing. They've actually returned to Sin'dorei society - so that actually warrants Blood Elves getting tattoos.

I have a feeling this is more about you wanting the Alliance Elves to be more special. "Oh look at Alliance Elves, being the only ones with tattoos who aren't Demon Hunters."
    I don't think you know Sin'dorei lore, because their lore takes place on the faction you don't like.

You are just wrong. The lore tells you that your wrong...Sylvanas Windrunner, Ranger General of Silvermoon, tells you that your wrong.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account

Rommath hasn't changed in his mindset. He hates the Kirin Tor. He mocks and laughs at the Alliance. He never thought much of Sylvanas.
    He is the Grand Magister of Quel'Thalas - the Elven Magi of Quel'Thalas respect him.

And Alleria using tattoos is just one and you mention she is the leader of the Void Elves.
    Lor'themar has scars and has a blinded eye and he is the leader of the Blood Elves - so why shouldn't the Blood Elves have more scarring and tattoos.

And I mention yet again - if tattoos were a big thing in high elf society, wouldn't you think the then Ranger General, Sylvanas Windrunner, would have boasted them? The fact is, they weren't and still aren't.

The leaders of the High Elves, Vereesa and Auric - neither of them had any tattoos. They were just simple rangers.
    Why all this friction between fans, to me its obvious that blizzard is just causing all this so fans would have a go at eachother instead of blizzard themselves for deniying various races things that others get and vice versa while there's no real logic to do so

Alleria is the only high/void elf with tattoos. I keep mentioning her and you refuse to answer - if tattoos were big for the High Elves, why the hell didn't Sylvanas have any? She was Ranger General. It's because tattoos only appear for two Thalassian Elves - them being Rommath and Alleria. Rommath being the first elf we encountered with tattoos (who wasn't a Demon Hunter), followed by Alleria.
    And I keep explaining to you why Alleria beign the only case of tattoos is far less likely than Rommath - or did you not read that part since you snipped.

I am aware Alleria in game model is the only one. But the situation is not the same as Rommath - both by lore precedence and their histroy.

But you seem to forget I'm not saying you cant have tattoos and scars, just that void elves will get them first. Or rather more likelyt o get them.

Good for you if you get htem.. but the disticntion between void/high and blood elves atm seems to be rougher/wilder vs pristine/bejewelled.

Blood elves have the neater hairstyles, the jewels and adornments.. void elves do not.

Void elves instead will have some more void options, tattoos (like Alleria) and scars. - as this representes the farstrider /ranger tradition that is prevalent in the high elves and alleria, as well as magic runes for the void. Like lnight elves, void elves might get some extra jewellery, like neck and head band, but blood elves already get gold body adornments.

I'm just saying, they won't give blood elves that first before void elves. Void elves aren't a 1 page customisation race.

And why would void elves get gold tattoos. For all Elves, gold is a signature colour for the Blood Elves.
    I seem to notice the void elves are purple and gold.., the old high elves was blue, white and gold.

Tht's why they get gold.

They have golden eyes and would be complete with golden tattoos.
    ofc, blood elves would get golden tattoos if they get tattoos, and probably have several shades of it. While void elves will get the gold that is on their insignia and armor.. you really haven't been observing void elves have you.

Void Elves can have white grey, blue, sky blue , sea blue/green and royal purple, violet, Magenta green, gold,
    Blood Elves should get gold, yellow, white, green, fel green and red. orange red , black brown
    I prefer these options. if they should both share gold.. but if they are sharing white, then the void elves should have a green option, which is quite a common forest colour.

In your option, you give the blood elves the high elf blue, purple and an extra two.. you are kididng me, it is void elves that shoudl be bigger on tattoos, and will have more of the options, not blood elves. But in the case they give htem both. if you share purple and blue, the void elves hould ge treen and red.

So what i've done is i've removed purple, and blue from the blood elves, added some shades, and they both share white, gold and green - for obivous reasons.

Exclusive to blood elves is red, black, brown. Exclusive to void elves is purple, blue.

Be real, blue is like red.. you get blue eyes, becuase void elves got white skin.. not because it's a blood elf colour. Red is the blood elf colour, blue is the high/void elf colour and also the alliance and horde colour.

Red = blood elf
    blue = void/high elf

brown = blood elf
    purple = void elf

gold = shared - both have gold, void elf insignia and armoe is purple and gold, high elf is blue and gold, blood elf is red and gold -- see the commonality?

white & black = shared [but if split, it would be void/high elves for white, and blood elves .for black. and this matches the eye colour option and dark brown/black colour range used for blood elves typically vs that used for high/void elves

Yes blood elves get gold eyes as an extra, because of the Light, not because gold is exclusive to them. I remember you trying to push arcane as exclusive to blood eves and trying to imply night elves couldn't do arcane - i'm sorry, youw ere being selfishly protective of something that was never exclusively blood elven.. you should have known the lore that the night elves were born from thea rcane, and the blood elves have the ability because of their night elven heritage.. and arcane wielding night elves were not only in the past, nor had the race lost its potential or magical acumen.

It is the same thing you are doing with the gold colour now. Blood elves have more gold use, but it's not exclusive to blood elves, nor the horde. Night elves have silver and gold too, void elves and high elves have gold with blue and purple in their natural colours. Having golden eyes doesn't make gold exclusive to blood elves.

Red is exclusive to blood elves, blue to void/high elves. The reason green is shared is because of the forest, it is a common colour use by both forest ranging high and blood elves. But blood elves also get fel green and sea gren for obvious reasons.

Blood elves I've given the unique black. but to be honest, it should be on both

And forget the whole "Sunfury/Illidari on Outland" thing. They've actually returned to Sin'dorei society - so that actually warrants Blood Elves getting tattoos.

I have a feeling this is more about you wanting the Alliance Elves to be more special. "Oh look at Alliance Elves, being the only ones with tattoos who aren't Demon Hunters."
    I don't think you know Sin'dorei lore, because their lore takes place on the faction you don't like.

You are just wrong. The lore tells you that your wrong...Sylvanas Windrunner, Ranger General of Silvermoon, tells you that your wrong.
    I don't know everything about sin'dorei lore, I trust you will help me when I err, just like Raven helps me on night elf lore.. however I would inform (or remind) you that I was an orc fan first, before I got talked into liking elves. So please don't presume "the faction I don't like".
    Last edited by Mace; 2021-09-19 at 09:47 AM.

SNIP

I don't know everything about sin'dorei lore, I trust you will help me when I err, just like Raven helps me on night elf lore.. however I would inform (or remind) you that I was an orc fan first, before I got talked into liking elves. So please don't presume "the faction I don't like".
    So you don't know everything about Sin'dorei lore, but you keep telling us that Lor'themar and his scars and Rommath with his Magister-tattoos shouldn't qualify for Blood Elves also getting tattoos...or having to wait for void elves first? No. Void Elves are an allied race. They get token bits from the blood elves, like skin and eye colours and the rest should be "void" features.

The Blood Elves get their magister and farstrider-tattoos first/along side void elves.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...usade_box_has/

The Blood Elf box art shows a blood elf with runes all over his face. This is something else, along with scarring and tattoos, that Blood Elves should get. We've got the blinded-eye but we need more since the "Farstrider" side is still a bigger thing for them, since the core organisation is Horde-based.

So, with the confirmed lore that the Sunfury returned, then this warrants all things beautiful and wild, for the Blood Elves since they are the core race.

Night Elves got the same as the Blood Elves - beautiful (golden eyes and earrings) and wild features (blinded eyes and face scarring) whilst Nightborne only have features that are considered "beautiful." The same should be for Blood Elves. They are the core race, so they get everything that is relative to them. Tattoos, scarring, facial runes.

In case you need to be reminded, Void Elves are just an allied race. A splinter group from the core Thalassian race that are the Sin'dorei.

You can't confirm that Rommath being the only blood elf with tattoos is less likely than Alleria being the only void elf with tattoos. You don't know that if it was the case, considering the first void elves are former-sin'dorei, then this gives the Sin'dorei an even greater reason to have all these extra features, whilst void elves get a smaller number. They shouldn't get more options than the blood elves, so remove all that green and gold tattoos. Gold represents the Light and therefore, can't go to the void elves.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-09-19 at 10:25 AM.

The Blood Elf box art shows a blood elf with runes all over his face. This is something else, along with scarring and tattoos, that Blood Elves should get. We've got the blinded-eye but we need more since the "Farstrider" side is still a bigger thing for them, since the core organisation is Horde-based.

So, with the confirmed lore that the Sunfury returned, then this warrants all things beautiful and wild, for the Blood Elves since they are the core race.
    To be honest, every race should have scars. Blood elves are still survivors of the undead apocalypse, so it's natural that some elves who survived the Scourge or dangers of Outland would have scars. They went through harsh times, so it's alright to have options which reflect that and it has nothing do to with how your culture is advanced.

Same goes to tattoos. Every individual might just tattoo himself/herself. The difference is that every race can have it's own distinguish tattoo/painting style which sets them apart. Night elves got druidic animal tattoos while nightborne got mystical glowing arcane tattoos. I think both blood and void elves should get tattoo options. I'd be even fine if there would be an overlap, because most of the void elves were part of thalassian society just few years ago, so it does make sense for them to have some of these customizations too, but there should be definitely a feature exclusive to both races, setting them apart.

I actually understand what @Mace is trying to say, but I don't think denying blood elves scars and tattoos is the logical step. To get more rugged look on High/Void elves, I think different faces and postures would be way better actually. Just look at the difference between night elves and nightborne. It made them feel different.

Night Elves got the same as the Blood Elves - beautiful (golden eyes and earrings) and wild features (blinded eyes and face scarring) whilst Nightborne only have features that are considered "beautiful." The same should be for Blood Elves. They are the core race, so they get everything that is relative to them. Tattoos, scarring, facial runes.

In case you need to be reminded, Void Elves are just an allied race. A splinter group from the core Thalassian race that are the Sin'dorei.
    You are certainly right on this one, but I'd say the popularity is the likely one of the main factors for Blizzard to decide which race to develop. Night elves are almost the most popular race on the Alliance, while Nightborne are one of the least popular allied race. On the other hand, void elves are definitely one of the most popular allied races with active fanbase which suggests its wishes. Nightborne fanbase is nowhere that vocal and rarely asks for rugged features. It's a matter of marketing, so if you want happy customer, you give them what they want. Fans never asked for rugged wild features for Nightborne, but for features we seen on NPCs in Suramar. We basicaly got what we asked for. Same on high elf features on void elves.

They shouldn't get more options than the blood elves, so remove all that green and gold tattoos. Gold represents the Light and therefore, can't go to the void elves.
    I'm fine with without green on void elves... but I just want to remind you that gold is already part of their color palette thanks to their heritage armor, their racial mount, their tabard and racial crest. While I can live without gold features on void elves too, I wouldn't say it can't go with them. It already does. The color palette of void elves is gold, dark blue and purple. Blood elf color palette is gold, green and red. Golden tattoos would also look nice on dark blue void skins, especially with the revealing heritage armor void elves got.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2021-09-19 at 11:33 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most "natural" way for blood elves would be the identity of "Sun Elves". Golden eyes, tanned and brown skin tones and their blonde hair make quite good basis for this concept, but it can certainly be developed.

Tattoos - not strictly "Lightforged" ones Draenei use (I would rather not see that to avoid overlap with another Alliance race), but s glowing mystical tattoos, similar to Nightborne one. I can imagine having option to select colors of the tattoo between gold/yellow, orange/red, purple and green. In that way, you actually cover most magic types sin'dorei usually use. (Light, Fire, Arcane, Fel)

Jewelery - seeing new Nightborne customizations, I'm definitely up for sin'dorei jewelery. The least they can do are some lavish earrings, necklaces and bracelets. Most of the blood elf artworks include delicate jewelery, so it feels only appropriate to give it to blood elves.
    I like the more natural sun colored skins, which we already have, but also shared with void elves. So that is nothing special. So that means they need some other assets, which seperates them more from Void elves. Both void elves and blood elves have high elf rp options, it's fine as it is and that realy shouldn't be the focus here. It would be way cooler if we would see more focus on their actual themes, more void essets as mentioned and more sun/blood theme for the blood elves.

Yea idk about these lightforged tattoos either, they look kinda wonky/bulky and ofc copy paste and its disign doesn't realy strike Quel'thalas or blood elven to me. Like you said with Nightborne jewelry I would say the same thing for tattoos. The more runic looking ones or some phoenix in colors gold (not yellow please) Green(slight hint of radiation) red and black would be good options as well, but lets be humble and stay with 2 for now.
    I think they should be thin lined, not to flashy, but a slight glow on the lines would be pretty unique. A more magi like approach, like their theme.

As for jewelry, that realy shoudn't be to much to ask for and it fits the blood elves. Yes, influences from their allies the Nightborne is cool, but I think blood elves have enough of a striking theme to go on. I still think a lot more is possible, I already mentioned finger armor/rings and kratos like chains around their wrist. More regal crowns in gold with green crystals sound also very blood elf like to me.

@Mace I am sorry Mace, but you and your brother have been asking for the more highborne side of thing for a real long time, altho deep down you guys knew it wasn't the main theme for Night elves. Nightborne changed that and Blizz took that theme and went nuts with it, with a new playable race. So to get back to the whole sharing thing accros races, maybe I didn't say it clearly, but my idea has always been to bring some exclusivity between races. I need a motivator to roll a certain race and if that means that Night elves don't have ear armor or squinted eyes, then that is just the way it is. You can't keep asking for the same things all the time if that is what sets them apart. All your idea are just way to close to what the other elf has. The short awnser in all of this is realy.. and I truly believe this is fair.. is the Nightborne are RIGHT there, go play one.

It's not about high elves, Like I said people slowly seem to forget that they are VOID elves not high elves. Yes they have some high elf rp elemnts to and yes if you say that you are a high elf according to blizz you are, but remember this is just an rp element as they said as well. It same for the blood elves, but as of now unless something changes in the future, It's not their main theme and it shouldn't be to be completely fair.

Lets continue the conversation about blood elves, the High elf thread is right there -->

- - - Updated - - -

So are we talking about actuall body tattoos and are we actually using warcraft2 and alleria as reffences which are literally just facial tattoos. But lets ask this..are they actuall tattoos or is it just blue paint? they do have stuff like feathers and more tribal feel to it, I have never seen any other source about it or I am just out of the loop here. Why does alleria even have a tatto or how did she get it? The point is.. that all of this is just gray area and nothing seems realy documented on what belongs to who, besides Alleria and Rommath, altho it's an ingame t-shirt , it's still considered a tattoo as of artwork and unique, but that's it. I do believe warcraft 2 as reference is just not as strong anymore since they moved on from alot of things and Like you said.. we have never seen any one else using tattoos like that throughout the rest of wow.

If this realy starts to be an issue I would be fine with giving more warpaint looking tattoos to void elves in colors: Blue and purple and runic/magic looking ones to blood elves in colors Gold and green, but tbh I don't realy see a reason to give void elves this option, besides I think tattoos are more a Demon Hunter thing. Facial tattoos might feel like a more fitting option, but ony if they keep it subtle and maybe combine it with some scars in lips, ears for example.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-09-19 at 12:06 PM.

My elf loving former house mates and bro want these for blood elves.

But blizzard has only ever given Farstrider tattoos to high elves since Wc2

When blood elves emerged, no one had them. When Alleria returned. She did.
    MRommath has them but there is no explanation, nor repeat unlike Alleria.

It makes Rommath feel mysterious and exceptional in the dangerous sense. Which is how he was presented - kael’thas’ enforcer. Until you see Illidari sporting magic arcane tattoos and remember Rommath hung with the group of blood elves who were with Illidan.

The ones the player blood elf kills since they eventually side with the Legion, except for Rommath.

Just like you don’t think undead or San’layn is part of blood elf society (doesn’t mean their options shouldn’t be playable). So too is tattoos, both magical or Farstrider seem to be part of blood elf society either, nor scars.

(Doesn’t mean they can’t be added as an exceptional thing that players can pick, but no nPc blood elf will have. )

Look at the models and styles, void elves and high elves have the messier hairstyles, messier and fuller beards, and the tattoos show up in character with them.

Blood elves have the tidy pristine look old high elves had. If you ask me, it should be the other way round. But blizzard opted it this way.

I doubt you will get tattoos or scars. Rommath and Lor’thenar are the exception and it makes their models unique.

Meanwhile, Alleria’a tattoos are not the exception for high elves nor is the messier look and likely scars going to be either.

Still, anything is possible.

Night elves should have arcane and tidier options on the alliance, but it’s only given to the horde night elves. Meanwhile Nightborne don’t get scars or messier styles.

Night elves have lore precedence for the neater polished be-jewelled highborne appearance. Nightborne do not have precedence for wilder , messier options. Doesn’t mean they can’t have.

If they do a Farstrider appearance range like Beloren has been crying fir for blood elves. You will get tattoos and scars, but void elves will too. In this case, as Beliren has posted on, they’d probably split by colour. White, blue, purple, grey and gold for void elves.

Green, red, brown, black and gold for blood elves.
    Can you please for a moment stop talking about a lore that you obviously don't know and stop all this headcanon that you have

I speak of rommath because he is the best known npc of the blood elf that have tattoos but if you prefer this is the high examiner tae'thelan leader of the reliquary

about customization now we have black skin do you know what was the first time we heard about black skin high elves? In a novel more than 10 years ago of a character who died fighting the forces of the Orcs of Nerzhul in the attack on Dalaran. now we have dark skin color thanks to a character that was not even in the game but in the lore.
    farstrider tattoos exist in the lore and are also seen in wc2 obviously they are part of the culture of quelthalas and there were obviously different colors