Page 1 of 2
LastLast

June 14th, 2020 Teaser

June 14th, 2020 Teaser
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)

Yeah that is Mei.

Mei!

Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Ugh, overwatch characters...

This is definitely Mei. That looks like her little robot.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    what role would she fill though?

well that's really disappointing

woo ... another Overwatch character. One that people outspokenly do not want as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The daughter of satan herself is coming.

Also keep in mind, last Overwatch hero was Hanzo in 2017.

Another Overwatch character coming to destroy whats left of this game.

The inclusion of Imperius and, especially, Deathwing had me thinking they were focusing on getting out oft-requested characters, now that they could worry less about e-sports or coordinating with Blizzard's other products.

Were there a lot of people asking for Mei? I know Overwatch characters tend to be unpopular in general, for a variety of reasons, but when the inclusion of new OW characters was actually discussed in a favorable manner, Reinhardt seemed to be at the top of the list for most people.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    The inclusion of Imperius and, especially, Deathwing had me thinking they were focusing on getting out oft-requested characters, now that they could worry less about e-sports or coordinating with Blizzard's other products.

Were there a lot of people asking for Mei? I know Overwatch characters tend to be unpopular in general, for a variety of reasons, but when the inclusion of new OW characters was actually discussed in a favorable manner, Reinhardt seemed to be at the top of the list for most people.
    Ya OW tends to be at the bottom of the pool for brand character wants, and of those I don't remember anyone asking for Mei... As you said Rinehardt, as well as bastion, reaper, and Winston (And now echo to some extent) tend to get more request.

I will say as it goes for me I was never all that wild about most of the OW characters so I might be biased against them somewhat, and I know that strictly speaking they are still on the low side as it goes for total reps, because they didn't start getting them until a few years into HotS. With all that said I'm still a little bitter towards this pick because we do still have so many actual fan requests available. Hopefully she is at least fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    what role would she fill though?
    Bruiser. She is melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    woo ... another Overwatch character. One that people outspokenly do not want as well.
    She is in works since 2017.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

3+ Year Old Account
    Love it! Finally another OW character I'll probably like.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

I only played HotS very casually, but the only feeling i have towards Overwatch characters is frustration and annoyance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh

Overwatch
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Meh

Overwatch
    You mean...

Mei

Overwatch

No one really cares that this is "another" Overwatch hero. Hanzo was the last one we had nearly 2.5 years ago. A lot of bitching just to bitch about nothing. At this point, we should be happy about a new character regardless of who it is. And no one should really be surprised at getting Mei, as she was mentioned as being on the design table years ago.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I only played HotS very casually, but the only feeling i have towards Overwatch characters is frustration and annoyance.
    One of the problems is that because HotS is older than Overwatch the game was never designed with the idea that it might one day see an influx of hyper mobile characters, hence why they feel so out of place and have such a major impact on the dynamic.