5+ Year Old Account

Shadow and Crew Skills

Greetings. So after moving on from Blizzard, I've decided to give SWTOR a try. I made a Jedi Shadow, seems really fun so far. What are the best Crew skills for making money while leveling up?

Also, what are the best stats for Shadow?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Haven't played in a while so no clue. Slicing used to be an easy one, but I think they've toned that down so that you get a lot less credits from crew missions at endgame now. I imagine there are likely some guides out there, but it would also partially depend on your server economy.

As for stats, that would be dependent on what shadow spec you are. Again, haven't been playing in ages so no clue what they'd be now (and hell, I never really knew what BiS stats were when I was playing). I imagine some casual internet searching should turn up a few guides on both fronts.

It all depends on what your goal is, money making or raiding etc.

Dunno about making money but if you go for a crafting skill the items you get are very good for the level - IIRC you don't get anything at a similar power level from quests or drops until you are ready for the next tier of crafting so you are always ahead of the curve. Ranked from most to least useful a Shadow can use -

Synthweaving - Jedi clothes. Note that most armours they make now are "adaptive" so all armour classes can use them. The problem is aesthetically speaking a tanking Shadow will end up in the heavier Knight armour and the dps Knights wear the lighter Sage robes. You can get around this by making a second set and using the "transmog" system.
    Artifice - makes Lightsabres and offhands/shields for force users. Also colour crystals and relics (trinkets.)
    Biochem - makes implants (earrings) and potions.
    Cybertech - makes earpiece (necklace.)

BTW if you're planning on going through all the stories it is really easy to transfer stuff between characters especially as they now have a shared storage for crafting mats. To swap items you can dump them in to your Legacy vault which is account-wide bank storage. These are found on the main fleets or you can set one up in your player housing for added convenience.

Honestly, simply leveling up nets you a large amount of money since there's really not much to spend it on, and as long as you're not blowing your money on overpriced gear on the GTN (Auction House), you'll have plenty to spare. That's not to say don't buy gear from the GTN, just spend a reasonable amount on green level gear...most stuff only costs a few hundred to a few thousand credits as you're leveling. You don't need anything that's 10s of thousands especially if you do Flashpoints and Heroics that give you free gear anyway.

You don't need crew skills to make money as you're leveling.