Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it doesn't have forced cross-play and no consoloid compromises made for the PC version Im all for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    As long as it doesn't have forced cross-play and no consoloid compromises made for the PC version Im all for it!
    Care to give an example of what you consider a "console" compromise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Care to give an example of what you consider a "console" compromise?
    Simplified ui that rarely translates well to KBM, dumbed down game-play, engine limitations, features stripped.

Simplified ui that rarely translates well to KBM, dumbed down game-play, engine limitations, features stripped.
    None of that was in D3. So not sure of your concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of that was in D3. So not sure of your concern.
    The console release was an afterthought. it wasn't developed side by side.

The console release was an afterthought. it wasn't developed side by side.
    Exactly my point. There were no compromises. I know many suspect 6 ability hotbar, but FF11 and many other games used a lot more than 6 on controllers years before D3. Frankly a typical controller can have around 54 separate button functions, so that was never a compromise, rather a design decision.

As for D4, they are being designed side by side and so for looks like there are no compromises as the person I quoted is concerned about. All the menus and UI innthe demi were fine fir KB/M inputs. The modular UI and new skill tree are just fine for KB/M.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Hate me all you want, but I found that Diablo 3 was more fun to play on my PS4 and a game pad than it was on a PC with keyboard and mouse.
    Same. To this day my favorite ARPGs are the two Champions of Norrath games on the PS2.

Console D3 has a UI that's 10x better than PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I have a friend who was the same as you, until he got to play a bit more hardcore on PC. He quickly changed his mind. Managing D3 gameplay with gamepad can be a great struggle if you want to push and not just mess around.
    This is of course highly subjective, but I just never got the appeal of "hardcore play" on Diablo-like ARPGs. To this day I don't understand why some people are so insisting in wanting an "endless" endgame on such games. For me they're all about "just messing around" - go through the campaign, maybe a New Game+ mode at most, and replayability coming from trying different classes.

But then again, to be fair, I'm not into hardcore play in general of any game, but I could at least see myself getting into it in some games (such as WoW PvP/Raiding), but not Diablo-likes.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Console D3 has a UI that's 10x better than PC.
    Console UI and menus are pure garbage. And I prefer playing in my Switch because of offline and the gamepad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I have a friend who was the same as you, until he got to play a bit more hardcore on PC. He quickly changed his mind. Managing D3 gameplay with gamepad can be a great struggle if you want to push and not just mess around.
    I may have a GR90 on PC. Got to 120 on Switch. Controller outside of placing spells on the ground is far superior.

It will happen, but i wouldn't expect a simultanious release.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It will happen, but i wouldn't expect a simultanious release.
    It will be. Console on PC versions are being developed in parallel.

I would hope so. Its kind of shocking how much better D3 is on a console than a pc. The lack of always online meaning hardcore runs with no rubber banding at all alone was a bloody night and day change.

I never understood how Diablo could work on consoles..
    Is it really worth trying?

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    I never understood how Diablo could work on consoles..
    Is it really worth trying?
    Its a twin stick action rpg instead of a click to move. But it also has a cleaned up ui, shortcuts for inventory and equipment and no always online drm so you can play the game without your character going back to the entrance to a room dead because the server lost connection to you for a second even in single player. Its maybe the only case where i would always recommend the console version over pc because the pc version is just hampered by bad choices that just make it worse to play due to issues unrelated to gameplay itself in the strangest form of negative feedback loop.

Considering they're literally designing the whole game to be seamless between console and PC, it's definitely being worth playing on console. Hell, i'm gonna try gamepad on pc for teh lulz, but i never really liked twin stick arpgs. I just feel much more comfortable with mouse and keyboard.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

D3 on console is not a twin stick ARPG. You use the left stick to move and face and shoulder buttons to cast your abilities. The right stick is used in menu navigation.

You will be surprised. It plays amazingly well and natural on a controller. I prefer it in my Switch. It's the only reason I see myself getting a next gen console, so the wife and I can do couch co-op on the big 4k TV.

D3 on console is not a twin stick ARPG. You use the left stick to move and face and shoulder buttons to cast your abilities. The right stick is used in menu navigation.

You will be surprised. It plays amazingly well and natural on a controller. I prefer it in my Switch. It's the only reason I see myself getting a next gen console, so the wife and I can do couch co-op on the big 4k TV.
    Since i have a pc in my living room, and since co-op shpuld be enabled also for pc players, i just need a second controller and i can stream it from my gaming rig to the tv. Definitely something i want to try, though m/k is so comfortable.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Since i have a pc in my living room, and since co-op shpuld be enabled also for pc players, i just need a second controller and i can stream it from my gaming rig to the tv. Definitely something i want to try, though m/k is so comfortable.
    I agree. I prefer kb/m controls on practically everything. Or rather keypad with a thumbstick and mouse. Never thought I'd love D3 on a controller as much as I do. I plan to use one for PC when it launches. It just feels so natural.