Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    These rioters are morons. They even vandalized the statue of Robert The Bruce. I had no idea there were black people in 1300s Scotland.

    I bet these idiots are like "Omg, a monument to a white guy and it's not Karl Marx. RACISM!"

    Also

    "Direct slavery is as much the pivot upon which our present-day industrialism turns, as are machinery, credit, etc. Without slavery there would be no cotton, without cotton there would be no modern industry. It is slavery that has given value to the colonies, it is the colonies that have created world trade, and world trade is the necessary condition for large-scale machine industry. Slavery is therefore an economic category of paramount importance."
    - Karl Marx -

    Isn't it funny how the father of Communism is excused for supporting slavery?
    It's bold of you to assume that they know how Karl Marx looked, no to say what he was saying. In fact, it doesnt even matter whose statue it is

  2. #222
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    26,421
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    What about the statue of Stalin in Seattle? Why are you not asking for it's removal?
    They don't have one.
    Communism will win.

  3. #223
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    "Direct slavery is as much the pivot upon which our present-day industrialism turns, as are machinery, credit, etc. Without slavery there would be no cotton, without cotton there would be no modern industry. It is slavery that has given value to the colonies, it is the colonies that have created world trade, and world trade is the necessary condition for large-scale machine industry. Slavery is therefore an economic category of paramount importance."
    - Karl Marx -

    Isn't it funny how the father of Communism is excused for supporting slavery?
    To be fair he did not support or reject slavery here and only noted its role in economical advancement

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    There are still plenty of images in history books and movies, do you want to burn them all?
    Nope, so why should people be upset at the idea of them tearing down those in public spaces?

    You can always go to the Holocaust Museum, and crack open a history book. It's rather vile that people feel the need to celebrate and applaud shitty humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    That tends to happen when you are one of the most repressed nations in modern history.
    That sounds like some 4chan nonsense.

    More like, they don't have statues of him because statues are used as a form of celebration. This whole idea of "Statues teach history!" is nonsensical, and a desperate reach to try to defend the statues.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    These rioters are morons. They even vandalized the statue of Robert The Bruce. I had no idea there were black people in 1300s Scotland.

    I bet these idiots are like "Omg, a monument to a white guy and it's not Karl Marx. RACISM!"

    Also

    "Direct slavery is as much the pivot upon which our present-day industrialism turns, as are machinery, credit, etc. Without slavery there would be no cotton, without cotton there would be no modern industry. It is slavery that has given value to the colonies, it is the colonies that have created world trade, and world trade is the necessary condition for large-scale machine industry. Slavery is therefore an economic category of paramount importance."
    - Karl Marx -

    Isn't it funny how the father of Communism is excused for supporting slavery?
    Not nearly as funny as the constant strawman of "LEFT = COMMUNISM!".

    It's just a regurgitated strawman that really has no substance to it when held up to scrutiny, yet it's an easy cop-out label so it still becomes the "go to" attack.

  6. #226
    https://www.newsweek.com/george-wash...s-flag-1512075

    Has anyone already posted this??

    I think people gave protesters that toppled statues too much credit. They simply hate america and its historic monuments

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/george-wash...s-flag-1512075

    Has anyone already posted this??

    I think people gave protesters that toppled statues too much credit. They simply hate america and its historic monuments
    Flag burning is legal within the US. Toppling a Washington statue would be a similar form of protest.

    Busting a Confederacy statue is not even remotely the same. They're not American monuments and they're not even historic since they're at best hagiography.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Makes me wonder if people who glorify Churchill would also be okay with statues of Stalin in public spaces.
    I was against the renaming of Stalingrad, even though I firmly belive Stalin is a shit stain on the memory of Lenin and Marx who's policy's were closer to facism than communism.

    Making homosexuality illegal again in the USSR alone should make his memory worth spitting on. But then the list of his sins against both communism and humanity would need there own thread.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Flag burning is legal within the US. Toppling a Washington statue would be a similar form of protest.

    Busting a Confederacy statue is not even remotely the same. They're not American monuments and they're not even historic since they're at best hagiography.
    I never said it was illegal

    But it isnt exactly patriotic wouldnt you agree??

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I never said it was illegal

    But it isnt exactly patriotic wouldnt you agree??
    America is a country founded on protest. Fuck patriotism. If your country is doing the wrong thing than you should protest.

  11. #231
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,882
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I think people gave protesters that toppled statues too much credit. They simply hate america and its historic monuments
    err ya, anybody who thinks these folks are only going after "the worst of the worst" is incredibly naive.
    -------
    A problem consists of a conflict between two ideas. Problems are soluble.
    Fallacies: Ad hominem, Generalizing history to predetermine the future.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    These rioters are morons. They even vandalized the statue of Robert The Bruce. I had no idea there were black people in 1300s Scotland.

    I bet these idiots are like "Omg, a monument to a white guy and it's not Karl Marx. RACISM!"

    Also

    "Direct slavery is as much the pivot upon which our present-day industrialism turns, as are machinery, credit, etc. Without slavery there would be no cotton, without cotton there would be no modern industry. It is slavery that has given value to the colonies, it is the colonies that have created world trade, and world trade is the necessary condition for large-scale machine industry. Slavery is therefore an economic category of paramount importance."
    - Karl Marx -

    Isn't it funny how the father of Communism is excused for supporting slavery?
    This is a great example of taking a quote out of context.

    Have a littel think, if Marx was anti capitolism and wrote a pice about how slavery is the foundation of said capitolism. He's not saying those things out of reverence for the industry he hated, the colonies he want to see destroyed or the World trade he saw as fattening the cats at the expense of the mice.

  13. #233
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    26,421
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/george-wash...s-flag-1512075

    Has anyone already posted this??

    I think people gave protesters that toppled statues too much credit. They simply hate america and its historic monuments
    Seems reasonable with all the sufering the American empire causes.
    Communism will win.

  14. #234
    I find it kind of funny, and a good lesson about why you don't let emotions dictate actions, tat the UK Protestor got egg on there face after they thought the sir Robert peel statues were of his farther, when in reality they were attacking statues of the guy who is litteraly responsible for why UK police don't have guns.

    Always think befor acting people

  15. #235
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    4,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Who is Christian II?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_II_of_Denmark

    As that guy involved with the bloodbath in Stockholm (1520)

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Confederate statues were kept for a century and a half to remember that they too were people. Just like you and I.

    If you tear down statues because "they are evil" according to your post-modern 21st century philosophy, don't cry when your statue and the statues of your heroes are torn down decades later because "you're evil" according to the people of the time.
    Confederate statues were put up way after the civil war - and for a completely different reason. New statues were raised whenever black people gained more rights.

    You'd know this if you paid attention in school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    That tends to happen when you are one of the most repressed nations in modern history.
    You think they are repressed because they don't want to celebrate one of the most disgusting human beings ever?

    Not surprising that you're a Hitler fanboy, what with all your Police asslicking and inability to understand human emotions through text.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2020-06-19 at 03:42 PM.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/george-wash...s-flag-1512075

    Has anyone already posted this??

    I think people gave protesters that toppled statues too much credit. They simply hate america and its historic monuments
    Is George Washington suppose to be immune to criticism or something?

    I mean, a bit of research shows you that he was also a slave owner, and despite slowly growing aware of how screwed up it was he still took little action against it, basically acting as if it was a necessary evil.

    Mind you, that's after he treated slaves pretty awful himself before he started to change his views.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    What about the statue of Stalin in Seattle? Why are you not asking for it's removal?
    First of all, it stands on private ground, second of all, it was not build and placed in Seattle. It was not dedicated by an public entity of Seattle or state oder federal government, or hell even private organisation in any form.
    And secondly, it is on private ground, and privatly owned. Neither state, local or federal government have the authorety, to pass a bill, removing it.
    None of the Confederate Monuments we discuss here stay on private ground or are privately owned.
    To compare it to the monuments on public ground, often publicly owned is not remotely the same. It does not stand on a oublic plaza or government bulding. If you wish, to buy a removed confederate statue of Lee and place it in your garden, you are free to do so. Or of William II, George Washington, Stalin, Hitler, Leopold II, Churchill, Thomas Jefferson, Lettow-Vorbeck, Bismarck, Lenin... or whatever. Iraq probably has some Saddam Hussein statues if you wish to place on your garden.

  19. #239
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,644
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    First of all, it stands on private ground, second of all, it was not build and placed in Seattle. It was not dedicated by an public entity of Seattle or state oder federal government, or hell even private organisation in any form.
    And secondly, it is on private ground, and privatly owned. Neither state, local or federal government have the authorety, to pass a bill, removing it.
    None of the Confederate Monuments we discuss here stay on private ground or are privately owned.
    To compare it to the monuments on public ground, often publicly owned is not remotely the same. It does not stand on a oublic plaza or government bulding. If you wish, to buy a removed confederate statue of Lee and place it in your garden, you are free to do so. Or of William II, George Washington, Stalin, Hitler, Leopold II, Churchill, Thomas Jefferson, Lettow-Vorbeck, Bismarck, Lenin... or whatever. Iraq probably has some Saddam Hussein statues if you wish to place on your garden.
    Can you imagine the shit they would lose if anyone did this to those confederate statues? But... hey... communists love Christmas...

    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  20. #240
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    But... hey... communists love Christmas...
    Weird, last time is checked, Christmas was vehemently expunged from everywhere and replaced by "holidays" because Christmas is offensive to people who crucified the Christ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •