Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    There are still plenty of images in history books and movies, do you want to burn them all?
    Nope, so why should people be upset at the idea of them tearing down those in public spaces?

You can always go to the Holocaust Museum, and crack open a history book. It's rather vile that people feel the need to celebrate and applaud shitty humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    That tends to happen when you are one of the most repressed nations in modern history.
    That sounds like some 4chan nonsense.

More like, they don't have statues of him because statues are used as a form of celebration. This whole idea of "Statues teach history!" is nonsensical, and a desperate reach to try to defend the statues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    These rioters are morons. They even vandalized the statue of Robert The Bruce. I had no idea there were black people in 1300s Scotland.

I bet these idiots are like "Omg, a monument to a white guy and it's not Karl Marx. RACISM!"

Also

"Direct slavery is as much the pivot upon which our present-day industrialism turns, as are machinery, credit, etc. Without slavery there would be no cotton, without cotton there would be no modern industry. It is slavery that has given value to the colonies, it is the colonies that have created world trade, and world trade is the necessary condition for large-scale machine industry. Slavery is therefore an economic category of paramount importance."
    - Karl Marx -

Isn't it funny how the father of Communism is excused for supporting slavery?
    Not nearly as funny as the constant strawman of "LEFT = COMMUNISM!".

It's just a regurgitated strawman that really has no substance to it when held up to scrutiny, yet it's an easy cop-out label so it still becomes the "go to" attack.

https://www.newsweek.com/george-wash...s-flag-1512075

Has anyone already posted this??

I think people gave protesters that toppled statues too much credit. They simply hate america and its historic monuments

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

I think people gave protesters that toppled statues too much credit. They simply hate america and its historic monuments
    Flag burning is legal within the US. Toppling a Washington statue would be a similar form of protest.

Busting a Confederacy statue is not even remotely the same. They're not American monuments and they're not even historic since they're at best hagiography.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Makes me wonder if people who glorify Churchill would also be okay with statues of Stalin in public spaces.
    I was against the renaming of Stalingrad, even though I firmly belive Stalin is a shit stain on the memory of Lenin and Marx who's policy's were closer to facism than communism.

Making homosexuality illegal again in the USSR alone should make his memory worth spitting on. But then the list of his sins against both communism and humanity would need there own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Flag burning is legal within the US. Toppling a Washington statue would be a similar form of protest.

Busting a Confederacy statue is not even remotely the same. They're not American monuments and they're not even historic since they're at best hagiography.
    I never said it was illegal

But it isnt exactly patriotic wouldnt you agree??

I never said it was illegal

But it isnt exactly patriotic wouldnt you agree??
    America is a country founded on protest. Fuck patriotism. If your country is doing the wrong thing than you should protest.

7+ Year Old Account
    err ya, anybody who thinks these folks are only going after "the worst of the worst" is incredibly naive.

These rioters are morons. They even vandalized the statue of Robert The Bruce. I had no idea there were black people in 1300s Scotland.

I bet these idiots are like "Omg, a monument to a white guy and it's not Karl Marx. RACISM!"

Also

"Direct slavery is as much the pivot upon which our present-day industrialism turns, as are machinery, credit, etc. Without slavery there would be no cotton, without cotton there would be no modern industry. It is slavery that has given value to the colonies, it is the colonies that have created world trade, and world trade is the necessary condition for large-scale machine industry. Slavery is therefore an economic category of paramount importance."
    - Karl Marx -

Isn't it funny how the father of Communism is excused for supporting slavery?
    This is a great example of taking a quote out of context.

Have a littel think, if Marx was anti capitolism and wrote a pice about how slavery is the foundation of said capitolism. He's not saying those things out of reverence for the industry he hated, the colonies he want to see destroyed or the World trade he saw as fattening the cats at the expense of the mice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Seems reasonable with all the sufering the American empire causes.

I find it kind of funny, and a good lesson about why you don't let emotions dictate actions, tat the UK Protestor got egg on there face after they thought the sir Robert peel statues were of his farther, when in reality they were attacking statues of the guy who is litteraly responsible for why UK police don't have guns.

Always think befor acting people

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Who is Christian II?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_II_of_Denmark

As that guy involved with the bloodbath in Stockholm (1520)

Is George Washington suppose to be immune to criticism or something?

I mean, a bit of research shows you that he was also a slave owner, and despite slowly growing aware of how screwed up it was he still took little action against it, basically acting as if it was a necessary evil.

Mind you, that's after he treated slaves pretty awful himself before he started to change his views.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    What about the statue of Stalin in Seattle? Why are you not asking for it's removal?
    First of all, it stands on private ground, second of all, it was not build and placed in Seattle. It was not dedicated by an public entity of Seattle or state oder federal government, or hell even private organisation in any form.
    And secondly, it is on private ground, and privatly owned. Neither state, local or federal government have the authorety, to pass a bill, removing it.
    None of the Confederate Monuments we discuss here stay on private ground or are privately owned.
    To compare it to the monuments on public ground, often publicly owned is not remotely the same. It does not stand on a oublic plaza or government bulding. If you wish, to buy a removed confederate statue of Lee and place it in your garden, you are free to do so. Or of William II, George Washington, Stalin, Hitler, Leopold II, Churchill, Thomas Jefferson, Lettow-Vorbeck, Bismarck, Lenin... or whatever. Iraq probably has some Saddam Hussein statues if you wish to place on your garden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    First of all, it stands on private ground, second of all, it was not build and placed in Seattle. It was not dedicated by an public entity of Seattle or state oder federal government, or hell even private organisation in any form.
    And secondly, it is on private ground, and privatly owned. Neither state, local or federal government have the authorety, to pass a bill, removing it.
    None of the Confederate Monuments we discuss here stay on private ground or are privately owned.
    To compare it to the monuments on public ground, often publicly owned is not remotely the same. It does not stand on a oublic plaza or government bulding. If you wish, to buy a removed confederate statue of Lee and place it in your garden, you are free to do so. Or of William II, George Washington, Stalin, Hitler, Leopold II, Churchill, Thomas Jefferson, Lettow-Vorbeck, Bismarck, Lenin... or whatever. Iraq probably has some Saddam Hussein statues if you wish to place on your garden.
    Can you imagine the shit they would lose if anyone did this to those confederate statues? But... hey... communists love Christmas...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    But... hey... communists love Christmas...
    Weird, last time is checked, Christmas was vehemently expunged from everywhere and replaced by "holidays" because Christmas is offensive to people who crucified the Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Is George Washington suppose to be immune to criticism or something?

I mean, a bit of research shows you that he was also a slave owner, and despite slowly growing aware of how screwed up it was he still took little action against it, basically acting as if it was a necessary evil.

Mind you, that's after he treated slaves pretty awful himself before he started to change his views.
    George Washington has been elevated to divine status in the US for various reasons. Despite having been... kinda an ok to below average general and kinda shitty person. He did some great stuff for sure, but he's treated like a Saint when he was anything but.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Weird, last time is checked, Christmas was vehemently expunged from everywhere and replaced by "holidays" because Christmas is offensive to people who crucified the Christ
    Either trolling or needing to get off /pol/
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    No, it's not that. Christmas is offensive to the Far-left as a whole because "Ewww, religion!!!". The Far-left being comprised mostly of extremist atheists as well as people who feel rejected by religion because their various preferences don't go hand in hand with religious dogmas. And since the companies are eager to virtue signal to the Far-left, the concept is being replaced with Festivus or whatever non-religious concept they came up with.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-06-20 at 08:47 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not that. Christmas is offensive to the Far-left as a whole because "Ewww, religion!!!". The Far-left being comprised mostly of extremist atheists as well as people who feel rejected by religion because their various preferences don't go hand in hand with religious dogmas. And since the companies are eager to virtue signal to the Far-left, the concept is being replaced with Festivus or whatever non-religious concept they came up with.
    Since you are talking about christmas, and in the sprit that that holiday is about

Happy Summer Solstice (hilariously today)

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    As ignorant on the far left and european history as always.