Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
24
... LastLast
  1. #261
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jrivanob/...94145838428160

    They toppled a Ulysses Grant statue.

    Yeah not only they hate america but they know shit of history

    If I didnt know any better Id say the KKK or confederate people did this

  2. #262
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    You must first infest academia then you must rewrite history in media and then you must destroy any evidence that things have ever been different then you clam they are.

    This is all part of the communist playbook. We are entering the endgame now.
    We live in a country that doesn’t even have a public healthcare option, but tearing down statues of slavers is bringing on communism? Dude... the biggest communist act of the last decade in the US, was the coal and farm subsidies passed by Trump within the last 2 years. You need stop listening to people who want to scare you...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    We live in a country that doesn’t even have a public healthcare option, but tearing down statues of slavers is bringing on communism? Dude... the biggest communist act of the last decade in the US, was the coal and farm subsidies passed by Trump within the last 2 years. You need stop listening to people who want to scare you...
    I would rather not burn my books... This so far is following a formula repeated several times throughout history from cuba,to Mao. Certain touchstones are almost always followed.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    You must first infest academia then you must rewrite history in media and then you must destroy any evidence that things have ever been different then you clam they are.

    This is all part of the communist playbook. We are entering the endgame now.
    pfft..you're funny

    Moses (whose “principles of laws and government institutions informed the American founding documents”), the “heroic” defenders of the Alamo and the “Arab rejection of the State of Israel” as the source of Middle East conflict stay in. Hillary Clinton and Helen Keller are out.

  5. #265
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Not wierd, considering where your from and misinformation.
    Yeah it's not like evidence of Christmas being replaced with "holidays" is visible every year. But your point is understandable, seeing 2+2=5 in the media every day can make everyone discard a piece of truth as an enemy misinformation. And of course place of birth is a valid point for dismissal, I just wonder if it works the same way with Africa or Middle East

  6. #266
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Yeah it's not like evidence of Christmas being replaced with "holidays" is visible every year. But your point is understandable, seeing 2+2=5 in the media every day can make everyone discard a piece of truth as an enemy misinformation. And of course place of birth is a valid point for dismissal, I just wonder if it works the same with Africa or Middle East
    Like I said, from Russia it seems like it’s everywhere in US. In the actual US, Christmas celebrations start earlier and earlier. We are at a point where people have Halloween and Christmas lights on at the same time. I live here, I’m talking about my observation, not based on state ran media that you are exposed to.

    Edit: Reminder, you are responding to a picture of Lenin dressed up for Christmas, to complain about Christmas changing to holiday. WTF?

    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-20 at 03:01 PM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Isn’t that like saying capitalism needs socialism to allow anyone to thrive? The more you need to manage by law, the more you are moving away from capitalism to socialism. The whole shtick of socialism, is managing by law, instead of corporate goons.
    That's social democracy that most European country's practice in a nutshell. Some people think the purer a system is the better it becomes. That's nonsense in my opinion. Pure capitalism is shit pure communism is shit as well. So why not take the best elements of both systems and learn to balance it.

  8. #268
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Edit: Reminder, you are responding to a picture of Lenin dressed up for Christmas, to complain about Christmas changing to holiday. WTF?
    Reminder, I only pointed out that Lenin was dressed up for Christmas by a humble local folks more likely as a mockery of his atheist beliefs while Lenin's war on Christmas is widely endorsed by Media and Corporations. To give a Christmas-dressed Lenin as an evidence of leftists and progressivists being okay with Christmas would be a nice example of doublethink

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Do you have polling from the 1800s to support that? that is a ludicrous statement most of the world was ruled by monarchy back then people had no choice in what was okay.
    A monarchy still needs to acquiesce to the wishes of the people in particularly the middle and upper class. As far as I know there has never been a revolt over the owning of slaves save for the American Civil War. Which is logical if you think about it. The lower class were to busy surviving and the middle and upper class were making a fortune of the slave trade. Slavery was abolished for humanist reasons which Washington played a key part in.

  10. #270
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Reminder, I only pointed out that Lenin was dressed up for Christmas by a humble local folks more likely as a mockery of his atheist beliefs while Lenin's war on Christmas is widely endorsed by Media and Corporations. To give a Christmas-dressed Lenin as an evidence of leftists and progressivists being okay with Christmas would be a nice example of doublethink
    "Humble local folks"?

    Fremont is one of Seattle's biggest LGBTQ districts next to Capitol Hill. I've been drunk-groped by an ex up against that statue after dinner at a Thai restaurant next to a Pakistani hookah bar.

    So the "humble local folks" are the progressives and leftists you're bitching about.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    A monarchy still needs to acquiesce to the wishes of the people in particularly the middle and upper class. As far as I know there has never been a revolt over the owning of slaves save for the American Civil War. Which is logical if you think about it. The lower class were to busy surviving and the middle and upper class were making a fortune of the slave trade. Slavery was abolished for humanist reasons which Washington played a key part in.
    And what part was that, exactly?

    Like, you're wrong about there not being violence over slavery prior to the actual outbreak of war as well but we'll stick with Washington for now.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  11. #271
    I just think its funny how the toppling of statued evolved from statues of people whom most of where awful people to George Washington and now Ulysses S Grant.

    Slipperly Slope is real folks

    Next thing theyll he toppling momuments of Abraham lincoln

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    A monarchy still needs to acquiesce to the wishes of the people in particularly the middle and upper class. As far as I know there has never been a revolt over the owning of slaves save for the American Civil War. Which is logical if you think about it. The lower class were to busy surviving and the middle and upper class were making a fortune of the slave trade. Slavery was abolished for humanist reasons which Washington played a key part in.
    Read a history book or at least wikipedia some information your level of ignorance about history is mind blowing.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "Humble local folks"?

    And what part was that, exactly?

    Like, you're wrong about there not being violence over slavery prior to the actual outbreak of war as well but we'll stick with Washington for now.
    Even if Washington wanted to abolish slavery or not he wouldn't be in position to do so. So the point is moot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Read a history book or at least wikipedia some information your level of ignorance about history is mind blowing.
    Nice comeback mate.

  14. #274
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,428
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Even if Washington wanted to abolish slavery or not he wouldn't be in position to do so. So the point is moot.
    Dunno, England seemed to find a way to manumit the enslaved people who sided with them during the War of Independence sooooo....
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  15. #275
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Fremont is one of Seattle's biggest LGBTQ districts next to Capitol Hill. I've been drunk-groped by an ex up against that statue after dinner at a Thai restaurant next to a Pakistani hookah bar.
    You didn't really have give so much details to your strawman, it's just a strawman. It is clear for any sane person local folk is humble in the sense of significance and influence compared to media and corporations, not in the sense of perversion

  16. #276
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    You didn't really have give so much details to your strawman, it's just a strawman. It is clear for any sane person local folk is humble in the sense of significance and influence compared to media and corporations, not in the sense of perversion
    I'm saying the idea that he's decorated for the holidays as a "mockery of atheism" is patently ridiculous given the people who both live in and visit Fremont.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Dunno, England seemed to find a way to manumit the enslaved people who sided with them during the War of Independence sooooo....
    Britain was the superpower in the age of Washington. America at the time had to deal with a poor economy and 3 (Spain, Britain and Mexico) hostile powers on its doorstep. Washington had bigger concerns than the slavery question.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Britain was the superpower in the age of Washington. America at the time had to deal with a poor economy and 3 (Spain, Britain and Mexico) hostile powers on its doorstep. Washington had bigger concerns than the slavery question.
    If you haven't noticed you have gone from no one had any problem with slavery to well Washington just wasn't in a position to do anything about it. You should stop making it up as you go along and at least do a brief read on slavery.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    If you haven't noticed you have gone from no one had any problem with slavery to well Washington just wasn't in a position to do anything about it. You should stop making it up as you go along and at least do a brief read on slavery.
    I said the majority of the world didn't have a problem with slavery. If you haven't noticed the world is more than America

  20. #280
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,428
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    I said the majority of the world didn't have a problem with slavery. If you haven't noticed the world is more than America
    "We can't judge them by contemporary standards" - well no, actually we can, since we disproved your nonsense that nobody was an abolitionist or that manumission was impossible.

    Washington freed the people he owned after his death because it was economically convenient for him. He might be America's first white liberal.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •