Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
32
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Who knows? Is there a statue of that America guy anywhere in the US?
    Point taken

    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I think it's completely justified that statues of former slave owners and people who committed genocide be destroyed, they don't deserve to be recognized or celebrated. But we also should remember their existence as a reminder of what they did and why it's wrong.
    So every president up to Carter.
    Good luck with that

    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Logic. It is what your Argument lacks
    O wait..you really believe the English language was "American" 5 centuries ago...?
    Fuck...you really are the left-wing radical aren't you?

  2. #422
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Who knows? Is there a statue of that America guy anywhere in the US?
    Yes


  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Yes
    I mean, his character was created what, 150ish years after the founding of the USA? But I guess that's where they got the name "America" from because of time travel or something.

    Now I wanna go to that amusement park, looks like the carousel is pretty fun.

  4. #424
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Point taken
    What point exactly have you taken from that babbling and mumbling? Must be the wrong one

    Amerigo Vespucci - Washington, D.C. - Statues of Historic Figures

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, his character was created what, 150ish years after the founding of the USA? But I guess that's where they got the name "America" from because of time travel or something.
    Of course it is haven't you watched the latest Avengers movie? This guy goes on a time travel like it's a weekend trip

  5. #425
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Point taken


    So every president up to Carter.
    Good luck with that


    O wait..you really believe the English language was "American" 5 centuries ago...?
    Fuck...you really are the left-wing radical aren't you?
    This is what I mean by your arguments lack logic.

    What specific left wing radical argument was given? Do you think anything you don't like is left wing?

    It's too humid today. "FUCKING LEFT WING RADICALS AND WEATHER CONTROL, shut down HAARP!! LOCK THEM UP"

    United States of America is very very very far removed from Amerigo to the point most do not know who the fuck that guy is.

    The naming of united stats of America had nothing to do with honouring him and instead was a logical name choice given that they were a bunch of United States in a section of the world called the americas

    The hemisphere is so named after Amerigo, but no one names things to honour him.

    Confederate statues were put up by racist groups to remind black people where they belonged that seems awfully specific and tied to honouring don't cha think?

  6. #426
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    What point exactly have you taken from that babbling and mumbling? Must be the wrong one

    Amerigo Vespucci - Washington, D.C. - Statues of Historic Figures
    Come to think of it, good thing his name wasn't Jeff Vespucci.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  7. #427
    People who tear down their history are tearing down their own country...this is folly..you have no anchor when the Storm comes..

    meanwhile in Russia

  8. #428
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Come to think of it, good thing his name wasn't Jeff Vespucci.
    Go easy on him he already has pucci in his name

  9. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    What point exactly have you taken from that babbling and mumbling? Must be the wrong one

    Amerigo Vespucci - Washington, D.C. - Statues of Historic Figures
    I stand unashamedly erected and corrected!

  10. #430
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    People who tear down their history are tearing down their own country...this is folly..you have no anchor when the Storm comes..

    meanwhile in Russia
    How are statues erected by racists groups who were actively lynching people tearing down the country? Was the destruction of nazi statues "destruction" of German history?

    Germany teaches about nazis, America honours the confederates who were fighting for slavery. When a group in 1940s erects a statue to a confederate leader, and the group applauds the lynching of black people you think taking down the statue is "destroying history"???

    it isn't fucking history to begin with being that they ignore history and create a fantasy which they then hold up that goes directly against history

    So those statues do not teach history, they teach to accept hate.

  11. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So those statues do not teach history, they teach to accept hate.
    /Yawn

    You guys only see the negative in everything.
    You're also advocating for hate by tearing down statues of people who did great deeds for their countries while not being the perfect immaculate beings you pretend them to be.

  12. #432
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    People who tear down their history are tearing down their own country...this is folly..you have no anchor when the Storm comes.
    If that’s the case, why don’t people understand the history of why USA has America as part of the name? One would think that naming continents would result in similar knowledge that people like you, claim will be imparted by these statues. Yet, the cartographer who wrote his name on a map, is being treated like some celebrity, instead of happenstance. Doesn’t this prove that these statues glorify racists, instead of teaching history?

    meanwhile in Russia
    Uhm... I posted pictures of Russia tearing down monuments just a couple of pages ago. Selective history? Indoctrination?

    I’ll post a new one... Here is a Lenin statue, having explosive flatulence...

    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-22 at 10:49 PM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  13. #433
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    29,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    People who tear down their history are tearing down their own country...this is folly..you have no anchor when the Storm comes..

    meanwhile in Russia
    Because statues are the only way we can remember history, right?

    Does Germany have a plan to remove all those statues of Hitler, Rommel, and Himmler? Oh wait....

  14. #434
    Anyone else not believe in statues to begin with, but still find the expression of anti-western violence to be a problem?

  15. #435
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    26,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Anyone else not believe in statues to begin with, but still find the expression of anti-western violence to be a problem?
    Most people don't relate to the statues getting taken down.
    Communism will win.

  16. #436
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,646
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Because statues are the only way we can remember history, right?
    We have people who are misinterpreting the name of a continent. But, are claiming that statues would serve as a history lesson. If naming the country America, doesn’t teach you why or who Americo was, but give you an impression of glory. What are statues going to do, if not mislead people, by glorifying slavers?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Anyone else not believe in statues to begin with, but still find the expression of anti-western violence to be a problem?
    Anti west? What the fuck?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  17. #437
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Anti west? What the fuck?
    What other 1-2 words would you say more accurately represents the situation and motivations?
    -------
    A problem consists of a conflict between two ideas. Problems are soluble.
    Fallacies: Ad hominem, Generalizing history to predetermine the future.

  18. #438
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,646
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    What other 1-2 words would you say more accurately represents the situation and motivations?
    Anti slavers... wtf? The confederates lost... they were never part of the west..
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  19. #439
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,428
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    What other 1-2 words would you say more accurately represents the situation and motivations?
    Anti-nationalist.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  20. #440
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Anti-nationalist.
    Wait... are we calling the west slavers and nationalist, or the people trying to defend these men as representation of the west?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •