Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

We pay the money, they tell us how often to play. Classic move.

#1 - 2020/06/16 02:59:18 PM
    As part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate exploitative and automated gameplay, with scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’re implementing the following change to our settings on all WoW Classic realms:

You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances (dungeon and raid) per day, per realm.
    This restriction complements the current limit of 5 instances per hour. Now, when a player enters a dungeon or a raid, the game checks to see if they have entered 5 instances in the last hour or 30 instances in the last 24 hours, and if they have, they cannot enter the instance until enough time has elapsed. This check is across all of your characters on your realm.

These limits only apply to dungeon and raid instances, and do not apply to PvP battlegrounds.

Yea, taking measures against bots is a bad thing!

/s

That said, being 'realm limit' and not 'account limit' will just have them rotate realms every 6h? Still a hindrance!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    As part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate exploitative and automated gameplay, with scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’re implementing the following change to our settings on all WoW Classic realms:

You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances (dungeon and raid) per day, per realm.
    This restriction complements the current limit of 5 instances per hour. Now, when a player enters a dungeon or a raid, the game checks to see if they have entered 5 instances in the last hour or 30 instances in the last 24 hours, and if they have, they cannot enter the instance until enough time has elapsed. This check is across all of your characters on your realm.

These limits only apply to dungeon and raid instances, and do not apply to PvP battlegrounds.
    Are you really finding yourself in a situation where this is hindering your gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post

Don’t think there’s any human that can do 30 dungeons a day every day.

Would mean play constantly 24/7 without interruptions.

I have been in a lot of fairly intense HoJ runs and I still do not think this would impact.

Just think - if you are looking for Jed Runewatcher simply by resetting the front of the instance ever 2 minutes it will still take you 6 hours to hit this limit. - it is not something you are just going to walk into.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

This is just outrage for the sake of outrage without really understanding what you're outraged by.

Unless you do, in which case I would be concerned by the amount of time you're considering playing. Take a break dude.

I couldn't care less. Very few people are managing 30+ lockouts a day.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Don’t think there’s any human that can do 30 dungeons a day every day.

It's pretty easy if you're farming for sgc. 30 lockouts is like 3 hours of play time.

I could never see myself doing 30 in/outs of something in a 24 hr period, and i don't know how any one else can either.

This will only be a hinderence for bots.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Your average DM:E Jumprun takes like 10-15 minutes.
    Assuming 15minutes per run, that's about 7.5 Hours of farming DM:E.

I mean, it's a lot, but if someone really wants those Arcane Crystals (for something like TF), i could see them hitting that.

But yeah, for non goldfarmer / bots, it's a fringe scenario to hit that cap.
    But there should most certainly be some chat message to track this without relying on some WA.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-06-16 at 04:27 PM.

If a dungeon takes 20 minutes at 30 times per day thats 10 hours of pure dungeons - not taking into account repairs or going to sell/mail.

I think its fair to say that this specific change will not affect legit players.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    If a dungeon takes 20 minutes at 30 times per day thats 10 hours of pure dungeons - not taking into account repairs or going to sell/mail.

I think its fair to say that this specific change will not affect legit players.
    This wont impact bots that much either, so it's just a pure placebo change and mostly harmful towards regular players rather than bots.

This only effects those looking to exploit chests in dungeons and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    This wont impact bots that much either, so it's just a pure placebo change and mostly harmful towards regular players rather than bots.
    I don't think you're mathing properly.
    This will not affect the average, or even little-bit-more hardcore player (eg: sleep, eat, activity schedule).
    This absolutely will affect bots (eg: no schedule because it can stay logged in 24/7).
    This will affect normal players, as stated above, looking to exploit certain items within dungeons, but not much, because you were still limited to 5 per hour normally; and now you are capped at 6 hours instead of whatever.

OP got banned anyways, no real need to further this discussion.
    Last edited by angrys13; 2020-06-16 at 04:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    30/day does seem like lots.. but remember, how many people are running arena runs.. 6 hours of arena runs is nothing...
    I'm worried it's going to backfire..

Why don't they just fucking ban all the flying hackers to start.. China nailed 110k+ IN A FUCKING WEEK... C'mon. 15y old game with p2p-level fucking security.

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    I don't think you're mathing properly.
    This will not affect the average, or even little-bit-more hardcore player (eg: sleep, eat, activity schedule).
    This absolutely will affect bots (eg: no schedule because it can stay logged in 24/7).
    This will affect normal players, as stated above, looking to exploit certain items within dungeons, but not much, because you were still limited to 5 per hour normally; and now you are capped at 6 hours instead of whatever.

OP got banned anyways, no real need to further this discussion.
    I mean, my main income is boosting in stockades and SM as paladin, now there's 0 reason to ever boost stockades again.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Are you really finding yourself in a situation where this is hindering your gameplay?
    yes since im dungeon grinding to level my 5th character. ill easily hit that cap

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    It's pretty easy if you're farming for sgc. 30 lockouts is like 3 hours of play time.
    Except you're locked at 5/h, so it's at least a 6 hour window of farming it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone that is outraged by this change needs to rethink their life. At the very least, how much of it they spend in WoW dungeons.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Not sure why people keep saying it's hindering bots. Bots are farming orbs in Stratholme 24/7, and there's no way in hell they clear it fast enough to be locked by 5runs/hour. Even then, the bots will just be made to kill more mobs for vendor trash, so they can go perfectly 30 lockouts every 24 hours. The only people this hurts are ZG boosters and DM east farmers, the first which I'm fine with. The latter annoys me greatly as I just got a binding, and need 90 more crystals at the moment - crystals are up 13g since yesterday already.

This is a terrible change that won't hurt the botters at all. All they will do is buy more accounts or rotate between servers each day.
    Meanwhile all the players who liked to spend a day off grinding are now punished. And all of those players (and bots) will hit up the open world as soon as they hit the lock out, which isn't designed for the amount of population we have now (see the block lotus change)
    Materials become more expensive, more players will buy gold to compete, giving the botters even more money.

The idea that if I want to spend a few hours farming gold to raid with, I'm then not allowed to play the game with my friends. 30 instances is incredibly easy to hit for people who farm seriously.
    Feral druids are another case that will be heavily affected. They can easily spend 6+ hours farming pummelers.
    Stupid change that won't solve the issue at all.