Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Are you really finding yourself in a situation where this is hindering your gameplay?
    i did more than 30 arena/rend duns per day back when farming that stuff was still relevant.
    On many days i did far more than 30 gv runs in zf.

I can easily see ppl farming mara/dm east/ZG more than 30 runs a day even now.
    I could even more easily see even myself running into this cap when farming certain flowers in instances. Especially since its realmlocked, not character locked.

This restriction is definitely going to be noticable to certain players. Their freedom on how to play the game has been infringed upon. This sets a really bad precedent, what kind of gameplay will be the next in line to see a limit on how much you can do it?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Seems more like a bandaid to a problem that probably won't solve anything and a nice way to keep botters subbed

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I could never see myself doing 30 in/outs of something in a 24 hr period, and i don't know how any one else can either.

This will only be a hinderence for bots.
    Only way you hit that is if you're chaining lower level dungeons for loot.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    There has always been a cap from what I remember. I remember making twinks back in late vanilla/early TBC and I always remember hitting a cap while trying to farm specific pieces. Besides, very few people will be pushing a 30 dungeons in 24 hours. You'd literally have to have 5 people agree to sit down for 12 hours if not longer and non stop play. Complaining about a scenario that is very unlikely to occur for the average player is a poor excuse to critique something that's meant to target bots, you know the things that can play for 24+ straight hours and continue because they're not human.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    /violin

Maybe you guys should be playing Classic how it used to be 15 years ago instead of trying to exploit it. Good move to punish the drivel.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I mean, my main income is boosting in stockades and SM as paladin, now there's 0 reason to ever boost stockades again.
    Why? Can't you just boost 6 hours/day instead of whatever unhealthy amount of boosting you were doing? For god's sake, some of you people are scary.

I just hope they will remove it for TBC launch, even if only temporarily. I planned to dungeon level my first character so it would really be a massive nerf to my enjoyment if they take that away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    #1 - 2020/06/16 02:59:18 PM
    As part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate exploitative and automated gameplay, with scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’re implementing the following change to our settings on all WoW Classic realms:

You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances (dungeon and raid) per day, per realm.
    This restriction complements the current limit of 5 instances per hour. Now, when a player enters a dungeon or a raid, the game checks to see if they have entered 5 instances in the last hour or 30 instances in the last 24 hours, and if they have, they cannot enter the instance until enough time has elapsed. This check is across all of your characters on your realm.

These limits only apply to dungeon and raid instances, and do not apply to PvP battlegrounds.
    You do realize it is their game, not yours, right?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    THIS change took em 15years to implement in the fight against bots, holy shit im glad im not playing Classic.

This better be a bandaid fix for something bigger, this shit better not be in TBC classic.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Why? Can't you just boost 6 hours/day instead of whatever unhealthy amount of boosting you were doing? For god's sake, some of you people are scary.
    I mean, I work full time and on weekends when I have time off to actually play more, I want to be able to actually achieve what I can't on the weekdays, like making gold.

What I am asking is, how does this change benefit me and how much will it actually prohibit goldfarmers. Right now, I think it impedes me more than farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Are you really finding yourself in a situation where this is hindering your gameplay?
    Gladiator's savage chain (BRD) says hi.

I mean, my main income is boosting in stockades and SM as paladin, now there's 0 reason to ever boost stockades again.
    Oh wow, I didn't realize they removed all XP gains from Stockades.
    Except they didn't. You can still sell boosts.
    If it actually impacts you, which it doesn't as there is already a 5 per hour limit, then raise your prices.

I swear gamers are so dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Don’t think there’s any human that can do 30 dungeons a day every day.

Would mean play constantly 24/7 without interruptions.
    isn't that how you farm some herb needed for shadow protection potions tho? by farming scarlet graveyard?

that's gonna get you to 5/hour (why isnt it 10 like on retail anyways?) and 30/day in no time.

Its not per day, its 24 hours. So a guy farming DME / Picking herbs in mara / SM whatever for 3 hours on a friday night and then 3 hours on a saturday morning will be locked out until the evening again. Won't affect most people, but it will fuck some honest farmers trying to farm in instances on a weekend or on free days. Bots will just make more accounts, farm to cap and then infest the open world for the rest of the 24 hours.

How is this a good change - it just shows that they have no idea how to combat the bots and classic is nearing its endstage. Incompetence at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Don’t think there’s any human that can do 30 dungeons a day every day.

Would mean play constantly 24/7 without interruptions.
    so why would blizzard implement the restriction?.surely its not because of bots really?.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Gladiator's savage chain (BRD) says hi.
    Only if you were ONLY doing the Arena, and at that point youd easily hit the 6/hour limit that already existed...

And then you'd have to be doing it for 5+ hours straight, no pauses or delays, to even hit this. If you were farming for 5+ hours straight with no breaks, thats a you problem. Take a break.

What I am asking is, how does this change benefit me and how much will it actually prohibit goldfarmers. Right now, I think it impedes me more than farmers.
    Easy. Bots can now only do (If you take 20minutes for a run) 30, from 120 Possible runs through a Dungeon. That halves their Profit, and stabilizes the Prices a bit more. It doesnt fix the problem, but it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    ... and then infest the open world for the rest of the 24 hours.
    Which is a Good thing, because you can then see the Bots and Report them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    How is this a good change - it just shows that they have no idea how to combat the bots and classic is nearing its endstage. Incompetence at its finest
    Then tell us, how would you combat Botting? If you canJudge so good what is a good and bad way to combat Botting, you must know all there is to it.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2020-06-16 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    30 dungeons per day is fair if just play or play a lot. For bots its limit but tbh not that big imo. Do 30 instances takes like 7,5h if count 15min per run. Its still 30SM runs as mage. If u boosting and take a tip 8g (on my realm) per run its ~1000g per day ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I could never see myself doing 30 in/outs of something in a 24 hr period, and i don't know how any one else can either.

This will only be a hinderence for bots.
    Honestly, I wonder if people like you play. BRD has 2 items that warriors really want and one of those that melee dps want.

SGC is a plate chest that's BiS for warriors. It's a VERY VERY low drop rate because it's a low drop chance from just one of the bosses in Arena who also has a low spawn rate. I know people who've had to clear it 2-300 times before even seeing it once.

Hand Of Justice is a great trinket off Angerforge. It also has a low drop rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Easy. Bots can now only do (If you take 20minutes for a run) 30, from 120 Possible runs through a Dungeon. That halves their Profit, and stabilizes the Prices a bit more. It doesnt fix the problem, but it helps.

Which is a Good thing, because you can then see the Bots and Report them.

Then tell us, how would you combat Botting? If you canJudge so good what is a good and bad way to combat Botting, you must know all there is to it.
    Or... they can... ban the bots!

Look, 30 runs a day, even of just Arena in BRD *is* a lot. Most people will never do it. But if this is a botting issue, ban the damn bots

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, taking measures against bots is a bad thing!

/s

That said, being 'realm limit' and not 'account limit' will just have them rotate realms every 6h? Still a hindrance!

And lets be honest, what real person is doing 30 dungeons a day?
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.