Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    You dont even need to be an AHLord to reach their cap

You get 5 items per type of gear you ideally want three of each bc of stat variations. There are 4 types of items thats already 60. No other professions added there (and Im missing weapons) or old expansion stuff

Also is it 60??? Ive noticed that I get throttled at 20 or so

Its a stupid change. Let people play how they please

- - - Updated - - -

Lets not even talk about glyphs
    Apparently they have already changed that. Throttle is still in place, but more "relaxed".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Can anyone explain to me why I was able to scan 12k auctions within 2s yesterday? I'm using Auctionator to get a current snapshot of the AH prices. Why wasn't that throttled?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Why didn't they just break the addon like they did to so many other in the past? I find it too much that they blanket throttle everyone just to stop a few from taking advantage of something that they allowed in the first place.

Sorry to say this but currently wow is all about stupid decisions back to back and getting worse every day.
    What do you break tho?
    The issue is the high volume of traffic generated by addons rapidly searching/posting large amounts of items.

There is no issue with people using an addon to make it easier to list 20 flasks.

So how do you break the former, without impacting the later? they are both doing the same api calls.

throttling makes perfect sense when the issue if the amount and frequency of actions, and not the action itself.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I originally though this was great change too until i wanted to post my spare mats in the AH. I think the throttle implemented was way to high. There was a hot fix to lower it a little but I haven't had a chance to personally try it.

Good change just needs to find the perfect "throttle point"

Quote Originally Posted by Athulua View Post
    First one is Fast Clicker - a tool that allowed you to click 60 times per second with a simple keybind.

Second tool I used extensively is Consortium Key Sender
    More about it here: https://github.com/ootsby/CKS-E
    This is textbook botting, and not simply using the AddOn API. Most people are just using AddOns. Constantly calling Blizzards API to update information/perform actions, isn't botting. What you're talking about is absolutely bannable; what the thread is talking about is utilizing AddOns that consume an API that Blizzard exposed and is now purposefully throttling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    This is textbook botting, and not simply using the AddOn API. Most people are just using AddOns. Constantly calling Blizzards API to update information/perform actions, isn't botting. What you're talking about is absolutely bannable; what the thread is talking about it utilizing AddOns that consume an API that Blizzard exposed and is now purposefully throttling.
    Ye CKS always stood in 'grey area' and 'use at your own risk' status. Lots of people used it for years without any sort of suspension (including me), some people got banned, as reported on Reddit for example. And the ban came precisely for using CKS, as the person claimed to not use any other 3rd party software.

Getting banned for this is rather rare, as such botting isn't very obvious. You are unlikely to get banned if you don't get reported, and prospecting ore isn't something that would get you reported often.

But full automation was easy to accomplish. I used to utilize CKS to redirect my G key into H key, open notepad, lock G key with a penny and go afk, clean up house, walk the doggo etc. Full-on botting. Prohibited? Sure is. Likely to get caught? Hell no. My ban came from selling 12 million gold to chinese vendors in a rapid succession. I thought I'd quit for good so i got rid of all my gold.

Tradeskill Master is perfectly legit addon. IDK why people are salty about this one.
    Last edited by Athulua; 2020-06-18 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Just because you don't like an addon doesn't mean Blizzard should go around screwing us over. It's not an "exploit" if it's an addon that takes advantage of an API that Blizzard themselves purposefully make publicly available.

They made this game with addons in mind from the beginning. And instead of fixing a problem, they just make it worse.
    So it’s not an exploit if it’s blizzard that created the code that is being exploited? That’s just... as stupid as the reasoning blizzard came up with that people dislike. And just because you dislike a change, doesn’t mean it’s worse. But I get how you might be upset that there are steps being taken to cut down on auction house automation via addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I just hope that this throttling will help against AH bots that autosnipe items.
    That's the worst too. Can't make any accidents with these bots and addons that autosnipe, it's ridiculous. Hasn't happened to me in a while, but I've had friends who tried selling 350 BoE epics at the beginning of BFA but listed it for the wrong price. Within the 5 or so seconds it took them to pull up auctions and try to cancel, the item was already sold. It's pretty sleezy IMO.
    Last edited by crakerjack; 2020-06-19 at 05:41 PM.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    So it’s not an exploit if it’s blizzard that created the code that is being exploited? That’s just... as stupid as the reasoning blizzard came up with that people dislike. And just because you dislike a change, doesn’t mean it’s worse. But I get how you might be upset that there are steps being taken to cut down on auction house automation via addons.
    How is it an exploit to use the API Blizzard themselves made publically available to addon makers?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    How is it an exploit to use the API Blizzard themselves made publically available to addon makers?
    Calling it an exploit is indeed going a bit far, but fact of the matter is Blizzard no longer comfortable with the extent the API was being used and have tweaked it. It's certainly not a new situation, there's a plethora of APIs that have been either tweaked or completely removed over the years to disrupt specific addon functionality.

They should just destroy TSM, let it die. The lag is already back again on Ravencrest around prime-time - Yes its not as laggy as pre-throttle but AH is way laggier still than outside prime time. And it makes auctionator laggy as well with the throttle, even if that addon is nowhere near as toxic as TSM. If TSM dies I will be happy, until then no...

Its fun that people can disrupt other peoples game and be instant banned for it, but the rule is different on the AH.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Is this a result of no longer allowing lots of anything but singles ? If so the problem is Blizzard self inflicted.

You can post multiples fine. When I first heard about the change I was dreading it. If anything it made the AH much faster for me and I am on a mega server so good job Blizzard.

They've gone too far with this. I can't even list 3 items manually without it saying "You're doing that too fast." How slow do I have to go?

(I'm using no add-ons, and the AH rework in general is awesome, but the slow down message is annoying).

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    They've gone too far with this. I can't even list 3 items manually without it saying "You're doing that too fast." How slow do I have to go?

(I'm using no add-ons, and the AH rework in general is awesome, but the slow down message is annoying).
    Its never gonna be better - At least on high pop servers - until TSM addon is destroyed by Blizzard. It ruins the server causing lag for us all. Its annoying, but TSM addon dev's proably paid Blizzard or something, cause if others tried to destabilize servers it would be instant ban, but an addon doing it is fine.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    Bluepost just in
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...oday/556722/13

discuss

garbage reasoning
    This is the same mentality why 1% own so much, and the rest of us own so little.

Humans just seem to become okay with exploitation of systems that they benefit directly from as long as they aren't held accountable.

This is definitely one of those decisions that fail into the category of the "few for the many"

Quote Originally Posted by BanterClaus View Post
    I can definitely understand their desire to kill the cancel scanning no lifers who sit at the AH, but for me who has a transmog portfolio of 2000+ items this essentially kills my game as it requires me to spend hours posting these items every 48 hours. They either need to extend the auction time to like a week for equipment or sort this out. I'm just glad I got my longboi literally a month ago. All you're gonna see with this is supply drop and demand (especially if this sticks in SL) go through the roof.
    This is actually a good idea. Maybe even just a rotating reset of 48 hours (longest auction time). Extend the limit by a lot to not hurt more regular players, but still hit AH lords daily spamming.

They did say they this was the first iteration and they're looking to tweek.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    This is actually a good idea. Maybe even just a rotating reset of 48 hours (longest auction time). Extend the limit by a lot to not hurt more regular players, but still hit AH lords daily spamming.

They did say they this was the first iteration and they're looking to tweek.
    Likely not a good idea, then cancel scanning/botting would increase which just adds to the problem.