Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Why would CoD make his system idle temp 50c or WoW go to 85c?
    50C idle with a stock cooler is normal. 85C in WoW I would be worried, but in CoD - not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Eh, again, what?
    Reading dude. Read the first post.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    50C idle with a stock cooler is normal. 85C in WoW I would be worried, but in CoD - not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading dude. Read the first post.
    The point was that CoD has no influence on his idle temps, nor on his WoW temps. So before you ask me to read, think.

85°c in any game is reason to worry, so is 50°c idle.

Anyway, we'll know more when OP decides you answer.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    The point was that CoD has no influence on his idle temps, nor on his WoW temps. So before you ask me to read, think.

85°c in any game is reason to worry, so is 50°c idle.

Anyway, we'll know more when OP decides you answer.
    50C idle is normal for a Ryzen 3rd gen with a stock cooler. Ryzen 3rd gen is roughly the same powerdraw as 1st gen but they since downgraded the coolers (the cooler R5 3600 is shipping with now is roughly the same they used to ship 1st gen 4 cores with) due to 2nd gen being considerably less power hungry.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

15+ Year Old Account
    You must screw the cooler evenly tight to the mobo/socket.
    If you give a few screws 5 turns and a few 8 turns the paste does not spread correct.
    Use paste the size of a little pea in the middle.

Edit: My 2600x with BeQuite Dark4 is 35 on idle and max spiking to 75 on load (70-75).
    I do have OC all cores 4.2ghz all the time.
    So if yours spikes to max Ghz for some reason (playing on 120hz/fps for example) it is not strange you get 75 degrees.
    Last edited by Azerox; 2020-06-19 at 08:28 AM.

Hey guys OP here sorry for the delay in responding but today is sunday morning so I am taking the day to tinker with the PC. Just removed the amd stock cooler and the CPU came off with it lol (the cpu left the socket even though the lever was in the lock position when I pulled off the cpu fan. Now I am having a hard time removing the cpu from the fan without damaging its pins. Will update soo. Posting on my phone and it is a bit of a struggle to upload the pics to share with you guys but will try

edit 7pm EST time: I removed the stock fan and cleaned old paste and put new artic MX4 past and spread it out with the spatula they offer. Still peaking at 82C and high temps in the low 60s (high 50C) with minimal things running.

https://ibb.co/ZW04rts
    https://ibb.co/q0y4JW9
    Last edited by wachupita; 2020-06-21 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wachupita View Post
    the CPU came off with it lol (the cpu left the socket even though the lever was in the lock position when I pulled off the cpu fan. Now I am having a hard time removing the cpu from the fan without damaging its pins.
    Pretty normal stuff there.

edit 7pm EST time: I removed the stock fan and cleaned old paste and put new artic MX4 past and spread it out with the spatula they offer. Still peaking at 82C and high temps in the low 60s (high 50C) with minimal things running.
    Yep that's pretty normal for what you have. As I mentioned your options are:

- Undervolting
    - Improving airflow in the case
    - Swapping coolers

Good luck.

What are your ambient temps? People saying its too high might be people living in alaska. Using an h150i/full front mesh case my idle temps are also around 50c, but my ambient temps is around 35c. Playing games is also 55-70c. Ryzen idle temps is just weird. 70-77c while gaming with that thin stock cooler sounds normal to me.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2020-06-22 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Pretty normal stuff there.

Yep that's pretty normal for what you have. As I mentioned your options are:

- Undervolting
    - Improving airflow in the case
    - Swapping coolers

Good luck.
    Thanks. will try to swap to the evo 212 and see. waiting on the amd bracket for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    What are your ambient temps? People saying its too high might be people living in alaska. Using an h150i/full front mesh case my idle temps are also around 50c, but my ambient temps is around 35c. Playing games is also 55-70c. Ryzen idle temps is just weird. 70-77c while gaming with that thin stock cooler sounds normal to me.
    Yeah, I live in the Caribbean so hot AF ambient temps of 30C+ now in summer. If once I put the Evo it still is hot then I will keep tinkering around and see what it is. thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I live in the Caribbean so hot AF ambient temps of 30C+ now in summer. If once I put the Evo it still is hot then I will keep tinkering around and see what it is. thanks!
    I really wouldn't worry about it if your ambients are that high. Most reviews are based on ~20C, and most people have their homes cooled to around the same point.