Thread: SMF is back!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    hey look, someone talking about a returning feature and immediately asking for something else. good luck with glad, its probably not coming back
    Hey look, a 5+ year member with absolutely nothing to add to the conversation. What a rare and unique thing to see on MMO-champion's forums.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Why would there be any differences? titans grip uses the same animations as normal duel wielding.
    I did say 'make'. Yes, currently all the animations are the same, but maybe they'll change some.

    Other than that, I don't know - aside from being able to say "we brought Single-Minded Fury back!"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MageInACan View Post
    Hey look, a 5+ year member with absolutely nothing to add to the conversation. What a rare and unique thing to see on MMO-champion's forums.
    Hey look, someone hiding behind a burner account because they're afraid to share their opinions.

  3. #63
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Why would they go on your back? Warriors are not Monks.
    why not? is there a rule or law that only monks can do that? the two hands go on your back, i see nothing wrong if the DW go too, there is even a few options who do that.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I did say 'make'. Yes, currently all the animations are the same, but maybe they'll change some.

    Other than that, I don't know - aside from being able to say "we brought Single-Minded Fury back!"

    - - - Updated - - -



    Hey look, someone hiding behind a burner account because they're afraid to share their opinions.
    I dont think that titans grip goes as slow as you seem to think. Its often gets really whacky looking with how rapidly you're swinging around two two handers. SMF would if anything look more natural.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  5. #65
    Pretty much all complaints about SMF are based on the fear of "muh damage".

    Stop complaining, you don't need 101% minmaxing to conquest all content. Instead learn to play instead flocking to the "best" option calculated by some third party service.
    People not doing damage isn't because of their gear, it's because they don't know what buttons to press.

    If you don't like SMF, don't play it. Titangrip still exists and you can choose freely. If you think there's "no choice because x is better than y" then you are delusional and fail to realize it's you and you alone making that restriction.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    Pretty much all complaints about SMF are based on the fear of "muh damage".

    Stop complaining, you don't need 101% minmaxing to conquest all content. Instead learn to play instead flocking to the "best" option calculated by some third party service.
    People not doing damage isn't because of their gear, it's because they don't know what buttons to press.

    If you don't like SMF, don't play it. Titangrip still exists and you can choose freely. If you think there's "no choice because x is better than y" then you are delusional and fail to realize it's you and you alone making that restriction.
    I think people are mostly worried that they'll implement SMF and it'll just be, notably worse than TG. You know, like when we got Gladiator's stance, it was great, then they nerfed it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  7. #67
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They won't balance it to be an actual choice. And that will suck.
    Its actually impossible to balance. That's why it was stupid to put it back in the first place.

    Even for 1-2% dps, you will have either smf or TG as the clear winner at equal ilvl. But on top of that you will have to be pissed off when you loot a 1H when you wanted the 2H (or vice versa) on a boss having both on its loot table.

    It's litteraly pointless, no cosmetic advantage since most will use what is best, no DPS advantage since nerf/buff is based on best DPS scenario, no gameplay difference with how specs are now.
    It only increase the loot table of fury warriors, giving you less chance to get what you want...
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  8. #68
    The Lightbringer Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    3,359
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Now give us Gladiator
    I had so much fun when Gladiator was arround.
    Don't see any reason why they can not add that.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    why not? is there a rule or law that only monks can do that? the two hands go on your back, i see nothing wrong if the DW go too, there is even a few options who do that.
    Defaulting every weapon to sit on your back would be horrible. I personally want SMF because weapons don't sheathe on the back as it looks like shit with the clipping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I dont think that titans grip goes as slow as you seem to think. Its often gets really whacky looking with how rapidly you're swinging around two two handers. SMF would if anything look more natural.
    I don't disagree, I'm just guessing as to why Blizzard decided to do it this way. Aside from "Hey look it's [Single-Minded Fury]" which sparks more of an interest than "you can now transmog 2h to 1h as a Fury Warrior only" (which would also eventually have to lead to every other class wanting it I guess).

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I had so much fun when Gladiator was arround.
    Don't see any reason why they can not add that.
    Even if they don’t want to bring it back, I can’t see any reason why they couldn’t just make it an option through transmog.

  11. #71
    Titan Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    11,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Defaulting every weapon to sit on your back would be horrible. I personally want SMF because weapons don't sheathe on the back as it looks like shit with the clipping.
    i don't see why it would be horrible, there is tons of great models that work well for monks

    besides, they oculd give an option in the transmog thing

  12. #72
    All they were supposed to do its allowing to transmog 1h into 2h and 2h to 1h. (cosmetic) and all happy
    I want these classes in new x-pac Necromancer,RuneMaster,Warden,BladeMaster,DarkRanger,Dragonsworn,Alchemist,Lich,Tinker

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I was just posting about this too.. It's silly though, it seems they have scrapped the idea of having it equally balanced with 2handers and gone with the idea of it being different again, so you're back to the situation where situationally depending one will be marginally better than the other, which is unnecessary. But I'm not going to complain, they finally moved their lazy asses after 2 expansions and brought it back, people will be very pleased.
    I'm not surprised by this at all since seeing interviews with Ion when he was stating that a lot of things overall with the covenant will be confusing to players not know what is optimal. Certain things being better than others while some not so apparent. He said they're balancing through player confusing and imbalance, which is crazy to me. Since hearing that there was no reason for them to bring back SMF since they don't plan on balancing things fairly across the board.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    Instead learn to play instead flocking to the "best" option calculated by some third party service.
    People not doing damage isn't because of their gear, it's because they don't know what buttons to press.
    "I know that X is inferior to Y mathematically even with perfect play, but you doing less damage if you pick X is because you should learn to play."

    Humongous brain hours.

  15. #75
    I still feel like SMF and Titansgrip will become a balancing issue. I feel like SMF should have just been a transmog option.

  16. #76
    I dont get why they do this, weird buff. Why don't they just make SMF be "When two one hands equip increases delay to equal two hand and double stats from items (or w/e % stats a 2hand has vs a 1hand) OR make titans grip reduce delay of 2hand to equal 1 hand and SMF double stats of 1hand. BOOM problem solved they are essential equal weapons just visually diff.

  17. #77
    Bloodsail Admiral Krawu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    1,106
    Why are people so excited for this?
    Yes it expands our weapon choices a bit but it doesn't really affect gameplay at all, does it?

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Why are people so excited for this?
    Yes it expands our weapon choices a bit but it doesn't really affect gameplay at all, does it?
    Because I hate how stupid it looks to dual wield 2handers.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Why are people so excited for this?
    Yes it expands our weapon choices a bit but it doesn't really affect gameplay at all, does it?
    fist weapons become mog-options through this for example, combine this with worgen and you have pure win

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Why would they go on your back? Warriors are not Monks.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I imagine the reason is attack speed, and how it would feel to have such slow attacks with 1h weapons.

    That, and animations. Maybe they'll make some differences between the two.
    Plenty of 2hs that use similar or the same models of 1hs. So, nothing different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •