Thread: SMF is back!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Wut? SMF and TG used to have different rotations in cata and there was also a massive disparity in dps swinging back and forth across the tiers.

I know there have been points where they have been close (negligible is a stretch) but the guy still has point. Just wait until one sims higher then the other there will be forum REEEEEEEEEing.

EDIT; I also find it weirdly emblematic there is a thread about smf, an ability that will just be simmed one way or the other and never thought about again and 0 threads about the huge talent changes (i.e the things that impact gameplay).

I swear it seems like more and more people just want to obsess about dress up as opposed to actually playing.
    SMF is a talking point because people have been asking for it since it was removed, class rotational/ability changes during an alpha that nobody can test or really understand and that will continue to change are not going to be a big talking point. And yes people have complained about one simming higher but people complain about everything so who cares? For the vast majority of the time that SMF and TG were in the game together the dps was extremely close.

You talk about Cataclysm, but in Dragon Soul SMF was stronger than TG aside from TG having better weapons so still coming out on top in BIS gear. There was always one or the other slightly ahead, but it was always "slightly" ahead. In the most recent version of SMF (WOD) they were extremely close to the point where it was negilible. The only reason TG was ultimately better in HFC was because Archimonde didn't drop a 1h, but he did a 2h.

Blizzard has always tried to keep them close, but never made them identical, but they could make them identical using the D2 solution.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Honestly I couldn't care less. I like dual-wielding two giant two-handed weapons. People always clamor for what they don't have. When the ability was datamined in TBC people lost their shit in excitement, and were pissed it wasn't in the game until wrath. Now that's it's been here for years, and SMF was removed, people want to go back to one-handers.

That fucking grass. It's always greener.
    There are people who laid their grass in vanilla, were happy about their grass, looked after it, had no intention of changing to new grass, but they went to sleep one night and some jackass took their grass away and replaced it with new grass. They were told to deal with it. It's not always about the grass being greener. Sometimes people just want their own damn grass back and its about time we got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    There are people who laid their grass in vanilla, were happy about their grass, looked after it, had no intention of changing to new grass, but they went to sleep one night and some jackass took their grass away and replaced it with new grass. They were told to deal with it. It's not always about the grass being greener. Sometimes people just want their own damn grass back and its about time we got it.
    In this instance, "overnight" was a period of six years and metrics showing dwindling use of 2x one-handers in favour of 2x two-handers. Not to say that everyone was enthralled by TG, but I have a hard time believing all the outcry of support is for one handed nostalgia rather than the novelty of having something they can no longer have.

15+ Year Old Account
    pretty stoked to have the option back

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares. The class design is still going to suck under these Diablo devs. Legion 3 is sure shaping up to be just as awful as the last two.

When Ion and at least half of the top dev team is fired maybe I'll play this game again. When Fury Warrior stops RPing as a diablo barbarian then I'll know these diablo devs are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lettucebereality View Post
    Single-Minded Fury (New) While dual-wielding a pair of one-handed weapons, your damage done is increased by 8% and your movement speed is increased by 5%. Requires One-Handed Melee Weapon. Warrior - Fury Spec. Warrior - Fury Spec.
    I think now is the best time to unveil 4th spec. Single minded fury being the basis of the warrior's 4th spec. But then, I have also argued for certain races being locked out of certain specs, too. Ex. Undead and Void elves being locked out of Holy priest, and lightforged draenei and zandalari trolls being locked out of shadow, and I shouldn't have to explain why, and gnomes, vulperas, Mechagnomes and goblins being locked out of fury and arms (stature does not allow for use of 2 handed weaponry, much less one in each hand).
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Rorke View Post
    Who cares. The class design is still going to suck under these Diablo devs. Legion 3 is sure shaping up to be just as awful as the last two.

When Ion and at least half of the top dev team is fired maybe I'll play this game again. When Fury Warrior stops RPing as a diablo barbarian then I'll know these diablo devs are gone.
    Nothing is wrong with Diablo barbarian as its' quite fun. If you don't like it, don't play the class. If you don't play the game, why are you even on these forums? Your opinion literally doesn't matter if you don't play and all you do is moan over gameplay that doesn't effect you. Toodles?
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Why is this a big thing? It's the same class, it plays the same and feel the same only you'll have a harder time getting weapons.

They won't balance it to be an actual choice. And that will suck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They won't balance it to be an actual choice. And that will suck.
    Is it actually possible tho?

Lets say both choice are equal on dmg, you are going to go with extra stam from 2h over move speed almost every time. To be in favor of the move speed it would have to be 15-20% move speed but then that itself is going to be OP in many area of the game.

The solution is then let say if you equipe 2x 1h you gain the difference in stam... then you are still going to equipe the one that have the best stats...

In the end no matter what you do the choice is going to be Ilvl>stats>stam.

i mean if you want real choice then make it Tmog option. IMO by far the best choice but then people argue it lacks the "flavor".

SMF was usually good early in the expac with lower stats on weapons, and Titan's Grip overtakes it as two-handers gain vastly more stats towards the end. That's how it's always worked, as far as I can remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why couldn't they just leave it be and let us mog 2handers into 1handers and problem solved.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Lettucebereality View Post
    Single-Minded Fury (New) While dual-wielding a pair of one-handed weapons, your damage done is increased by 8% and your movement speed is increased by 5%. Requires One-Handed Melee Weapon. Warrior - Fury Spec. Warrior - Fury Spec.
    I would do the contrary. SMF should be default really. Then for the laugh, devs could then add 2Hx2 as an option to take, somewhere deep in a covenant for example, but this option won't be competitive. (sorry 2Hx2 remain really stupid to me, I know this thing is not exactly new in the game though, so you may be accustomed to it, my apologies)

7+ Year Old Account
    for those whoa re playing beta, when you equip two one handed weapons, they go on your back or your belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Why couldn't they just leave it be and let us mog 2handers into 1handers and problem solved.
    Yeah I dont get why they dont just do this. We know for a fact that the mogging system can handle this.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yeah I dont get why they dont just do this. We know for a fact that the mogging system can handle this.
    Because you're clearly not a designer and you shouldn't obfuscate 1 handed damage behind 2 handed weapons. It's bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Because you're clearly not a designer and you shouldn't obfuscate 1 handed damage behind 2 handed weapons. It's bad design.
    The entire point of SMF is to bring 2 1 hander damage up to 2 2 hander damage. Being able to mog your two handers for fury into 1 handers would do that in a much better and perfectly balanced manner.

Likewise if they can only apply this to a class, and not to a specific spec, then it still would be fine since everyone would know that a warrior with no shield and one weapon is an arms warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    for those whoa re playing beta, when you equip two one handed weapons, they go on your back or your belt?
    Why would they go on your back? Warriors are not Monks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The entire point of SMF is to bring 2 1 hander damage up to 2 2 hander damage. Being able to mog your two handers for fury into 1 handers would do that in a much better and perfectly balanced manner.

Likewise if they can only apply this to a class, and not to a specific spec, then it still would be fine since everyone would know that a warrior with no shield and one weapon is an arms warrior.
    I imagine the reason is attack speed, and how it would feel to have such slow attacks with 1h weapons.

That, and animations. Maybe they'll make some differences between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Why would they go on your back? Warriors are not Monks.

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine the reason is attack speed, and how it would feel to have such slow attacks with 1h weapons.

That, and animations. Maybe they'll make some differences between the two.
    Why would there be any differences? titans grip uses the same animations as normal duel wielding.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    hey look, someone talking about a returning feature and immediately asking for something else. good luck with glad, its probably not coming back
    Hey look, a 5+ year member with absolutely nothing to add to the conversation. What a rare and unique thing to see on MMO-champion's forums.