Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why do you main Paladin?

I saw an interesting thread on the druid forums and I thought it would be a fun idea to see all the different answers on the monk and paladin forums. I'm personally in the process of picking a new main for Shadowlands and I would love to hear why all of you main the paladin class.

What attracts you to the class and keeps you playing so long? The lore? Gameplay? Transmog? The hope of Divine Intervention returning one day?

Because they can do three roles very well; Paladin tanking is the easiest and most fun, while being very dynamic. It doesn't require as much effort as say, Death Knights, while providing the same durability and self heals, but it's also not as brain dead easy like Bear tanks. Retribution is fun, despite my dislike for melee in general, and Holy is my wheel house. My first healer was a Holy Paladin, I got Kingslayer as one, so I just naturally love it.

If I could stand any of the Alliance paladin-races; I would main one in a heartbeat (praying for nelf/velf paladins)

Bubble is just so mutch fun in PvP
    Glimmer-paladin is the most fun specc in the whole game
    The "warrior of light" fantasy with a huge hammer and heavy armor is the coolest thing ever
    Love the visual aspect
    Fantastic transmog
    Easy tanking with neat buttons to aid people
    Lore

Pretty indestructable...hell...I even like to level as Prot. Fulfils three roles (only druids beat this) - and Blizzard made the class more fun since the abysmal experience I had with my Pally in TBC.

I used to main a warlock until mid WotLK and then my guild needed new tanks, so I switched. But there were x-pacs where it wasn't fun to be a Paladin and I enjoyed other classes more..so during MoP and WoD I focused more on my priest, dk and warrior.

I hope they don't mess too much with Pallys going into SL....Holy Power coming to all speccs has me worried, as I don't reeeeaaaally like this system as Retri.....

Used to main a paladin in tbc, wrath, mop and legion for a while. Basically they are just fun as tanks and healers, they have great armor and strong lore. Ret however has always kinda been boring though.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Pretty indestructable...hell...I even like to level as Prot. Fulfils three roles (only druids beat this) - and Blizzard made the class more fun since the abysmal experience I had with my Pally in TBC.

I used to main a warlock until mid WotLK and then my guild needed new tanks, so I switched. But there were x-pacs where it wasn't fun to be a Paladin and I enjoyed other classes more..so during MoP and WoD I focused more on my priest, dk and warrior.

I hope they don't mess too much with Pallys going into SL....Holy Power coming to all speccs has me worried, as I don't reeeeaaaally like this system as Retri.....
    Abysmal experience in TBC??? Holy/Prot were god tier that whole expansion. It was essential to have a paladin tank in raids for mobs because thunderclap had a target cap unlike consecration.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Because they're fun and they speak to me, y'know? A badass crusader of the light slaying Demons, Undead, and foul creatures for the glory of the cosmos? Hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I saw an interesting thread on the druid forums and I thought it would be a fun idea to see all the different answers on the monk and paladin forums. I'm personally in the process of picking a new main for Shadowlands and I would love to hear why all of you main the paladin class.

What attracts you to the class and keeps you playing so long? The lore? Gameplay? Transmog? The hope of Divine Intervention returning one day?
    Because I spent most of Vanilla wondering what would playing pally be like (I was Horde, and still am). So, when Horde was given paladins in BC, I was extatic. I loved the overall OG belf vibe, which was more notorious in the case of their paladins, who weren't holier-than-thou, goody goody two shoes as their Alliance colleagues, but rather they bent the Light to do their bidding. It was awesome... while it lasted. But BE mage and paladin are still my mains, both classes have some of the coolest mogs in the game imo

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post

Paladins are sissies. Monks and warriors, they're the tough guys.

Also, the impeachment failed, miserably. Time to change that bumper sticker!

I used to main a Paladin because K N I G H T S

Now I main a Rogue because B A N D I T O

And yes, not to derail, but I'm still salty Outlaw was de-piratized.
    Last edited by LarryFromHumanResources; 2020-06-17 at 08:36 PM.
    Attention all members of staff, corporate asks that in these trying pandemic times we stay safe and avoid spreading the virus, therefore please remain at your desks at all times, you ARE allowed to contact friends and family using company phones, but you must always maintain productivity. Leaving your desk will result in a written warning, and leaving the office will result in immediate termination.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Also, the impeachment failed, miserably. Time to change that bumper sticker!
    Not to derail the thread, but he was impeached.
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

Because I wanted to play 2handed sword guy that's good at pvp, so that automatically disqualified arms warrior which is always trash at pvp outside arenas, and I didn't feel like having a pet, which disqualified unholy dk.

Inertia mostly, ret is rarely the best spec at anything and prot is rarely the best tank.

(holy is the best healer with some regularity)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Because they can do three roles very well; Paladin tanking is the easiest and most fun, while being very dynamic. It doesn't require as much effort as say, Death Knights, while providing the same durability and self heals, but it's also not as brain dead easy like Bear tanks. Retribution is fun, despite my dislike for melee in general, and Holy is my wheel house. My first healer was a Holy Paladin, I got Kingslayer as one, so I just naturally love it.
    I do love my Paladin and tanking on him but the self healing does not hold a candle to a DK's self healing.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I do love my Paladin and tanking on him but the self healing does not hold a candle to a DK's self healing.
    Definitely not, but beats the hell out of Warrior tank self heals. Lay on Hands is also a life saver, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Abysmal experience in TBC??? Holy/Prot were god tier that whole expansion. It was essential to have a paladin tank in raids for mobs because thunderclap had a target cap unlike consecration.
    I levelled back then in TBC (being Horde) - never made it to raiding. Raided on my warlock. Honestly, that old Post from Vanilla is how I remember my Paladin leveling journey: https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...lay_a_paladin/ (though it originally was on the blizzard forum).

But yeah..we did have a Paladin tank (and his best buddy as healer) in our raids and it was indeed pretty nice to get into a 5 man with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Definitely not, but beats the hell out of Warrior tank self heals. Lay on Hands is also a life saver, literally.
    Yep that is true haha, I think Paladin is rated as pretty high on the tank list over all even in BfA so that is nice.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

i wont now that holy power is coming back to holy

Use to love mine until Holy Power got implemented for Ret and the other specs. Cant stand Holy Power. Since that and ret being god awful in pvp, i have since mained my rogue... If im gonna have combo points, might as well do em right. :c I do miss my paladin though. I had hoped SL's would give me a chance to return to him again, but atlas Blizzard and their holy power turn me away.

they gutted priests to the point they only have 1 mechanically playable spec