Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My paladin has been my main since day 1.
    Versatile, well-rounded and plate. What else could you ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Paladins are sissies. Monks and warriors, they're the tough guys.
    I'll admit, in a world where dragons and demons exist and magic that can tear down entire cities and even WORLDS in on grand display, it takes a special set of cojones to just say, "ya know what? I'm gonna just punch shit."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    My paladin has been my main since day 1.
    Versatile, well-rounded and plate. What else could you ask for?
    The plate transmogs alone make me want to try and force myself to pick a plate class for SL lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but he was impeached.
    Yes, and it failed! Thank GOD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'll admit, in a world where dragons and demons exist and magic that can tear down entire cities and even WORLDS in on grand display, it takes a special set of cojones to just say, "ya know what? I'm gonna just punch shit."

- - - Updated - - -

The plate transmogs alone make me want to try and force myself to pick a plate class for SL lol
    Punch spiders in the FACE! lol

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Yes, and it failed! Thank GOD.
    But it didnt. He was impeached lol
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

I was maining a rogue since a month into Vanilla but I lost the feeling for it mid Ulduar and thought I'd try out my holy paladin again that had gathered dust since wotlk. Found it extremely fun to do something else than stabbing and stuck with it throughout BfA.

Still can't perform on my rogue on the level I want to and should be on but I'm better than good on my paladin at both healing and tanking.

Fourth child inc in 3 weeks time so unsure how much Shadowlands I'll be able to play but I want my old rogue back :<

We'll see!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

Not to derail the thread, but he was impeached.
    pssst. nobody cares.

Honestly. It was the first class I stuck with back in Classic. Friend wanted to play a druid. I made a hunter and we both went ugh.
    He made a mage... I heard Pallies get a free mount at 40, can tank, heal, and DPS (yeah...) so I made it and stuck with it since

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    I've always loved the fantasy of Paladins. They're the good guys. I have also enjoyed all the utility they've provided over the years but, lately, I feel like they're losing their identity a bit. I no longer have Blessings, Auras, Seals or Judgements with unique effects. The best I can do is BoP and Sac party members.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Lore.

Secondarily transmog.

It used to be lore and gameplay (Ret) but they fucking gutted us in Legion and that went out the window never to be fucking seen again. Rip good Ret gameplay, 2008-2016.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    pssst. nobody cares.
    That guy who brought it up obviously did
    Let's look at the test results. You are a horrible person. It says right here, you're a horrible person. We weren't even testing that. Don't let the horrible person thing get you down though. Science justified your parents choice to abandon you.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I've always loved the fantasy of Paladins. They're the good guys. I have also enjoyed all the utility they've provided over the years but, lately, I feel like they're losing their identity a bit. I no longer have Blessings, Auras, Seals or Judgements with unique effects. The best I can do is BoP and Sac party members.
    Ay, the Paladin fantasy was amazing. Their skillset was diverse and unique... something that has continually diminished since Cata.
    And now there is no Paladin fantasy anymore, they're shitty priests and Warriors who do holy damage while pretending to be rogues.
    Last edited by A Blue Smurf; 2020-06-18 at 06:12 AM.

But it didnt. He was impeached lol
    If that were true, he wouldn't still be president!

TRUMP 2020

Quote Originally Posted by A Blue Smurf View Post
    Ay, the Paladin fantasy was amazing. Their skillset was diverse and unique... something that has continually diminished since Cata.
    And now there is no Paladin fantasy anymore, they're shitty priests and Warriors who do holy damage while pretending to be rogues.
    I mean, Cataclysm is 10 years old. Holy power has been in the game longer than it hasn't by a lot at this point. If ya'll haven't gotten over it or swapped classes by now, I don't even know what to say.

Ret from WoD to now (e.g. 6 years) is pretty much the same spec with some minor changes. It has not been "gutted," and we're even getting BoSac back.

The biggest issue the spec faces imo is just that we aren't rogues (or DH). Paladins have basically the same utility as ever, but it has consistently been diminished in usefulness mostly due to encounter design and the shifting nature of the game. There was a time when off-healing was super important, for example, but in the modern game plenty of specs can take care of themselves. We can easily be outhealed by leech on some classes.

Hey just because someone digs there heels in and charges down a pathway, doesn't mean they're going in the right direction.

FYI I dropped my Paladin as my main early Cata. Tried to stick with him for as long as I could but by the end of tier 11 I hated healing on him, never could stay with a class since then - not in the same way I had my paladin. (Played on as main since release, Alliance on Blackrock then Horde Jubei`thos following the release of TBC).

Admitted BFA did bring me back to my Paladin to heal, its been a really good experience even if I'm not the biggest fan of Lightbringer or our significantly diminished base-line ST capacity.

Diminishing the core fantasy aspects of the class design only to hi-jack aspects from other classes that don't fit hasn't helped anything. As you said the shifting nature of the game resulted in a significant shift in the scope of the class and specifically class utility. The fact that ret and prot can be out-healed by leech effect on some classes is a real problem with the class design on both sides.
    Last edited by A Blue Smurf; 2020-06-19 at 07:16 AM.

Ret from WoD to now (e.g. 6 years) is pretty much the same spec with some minor changes.
    No. Not even close!
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Because of Athene ofc best paladin Emerys but also the world.

Top of the jungle.

Lore.

I've been playing paladin since 2005, i don't even play alts. There were times when i tried other classes but nothing else felt right.

Mostly OCD as it was my main when Achievements were launched.

Secondly however, when it comes to the various "Powers" of WOW, the Light is my preferred option when you dig into the lore behind it. The other powers can either inflict a price upon the user or be limiting in some way.

In terms of gameplay... well, this is where I've been struggling for a few expansions and as such the Paladin keeps getting bounced between Main and Main Alt status.

Having a single DPS spec gets incredibly boring expansion after expansion after expansion. Especially if they change it in a way you don't enjoy (or a certain Meta build you dislike) because you're stuck with it unless you Tank or Heal.

Holy has also been re-iterated a few times over the expansion and I'm quite nervous for SL. It certainly looks to be a viable and solid healer, continuing on from BFA, but I'm getting tired of the faced paced melee healer and would like an option to spec into a more traditional healer role and stand with the ranged group when the mood strikes. Crusader strike generating HP will basically force us into Melee 100% of the time I suspect... especially with the current Mastery (bring back illuminated healing!)

As for Prot.... it's Prot. I stopped tanking when M+ came around so it's more of a fun Solo spec for me.

Ultimately I've stuck with Paladin for all these years due to nostalgia and aesthetics. Take away the Nostalgia however, and I doubt I'd main swap to one today.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2020-06-21 at 05:32 AM.

Paladin and cooking is passion. Paladin tanking is fun and dynamic can spend hours. I also like cooking, my blog for you on mykitchenadvisor.com
    Last edited by Timothy Wilson; 2020-06-22 at 08:48 AM. Reason: forgot

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I saw an interesting thread on the druid forums and I thought it would be a fun idea to see all the different answers on the monk and paladin forums. I'm personally in the process of picking a new main for Shadowlands and I would love to hear why all of you main the paladin class.

What attracts you to the class and keeps you playing so long? The lore? Gameplay? Transmog? The hope of Divine Intervention returning one day?
    My paladin is my prefered character, simply because I choose preferably -knights- in the games I play.

As a note, the WOW iteration of a knight is not my prefered one, I prefer the diablo 3 crusader for instance. Not saying that I dislike this class; when I was a newbie in online gaming I did enjoyed my wow paladin, a lot, and later, in the xpacs, too, as I was used to it.

But there have always been bad design around the WoW paladin, like being chain feared by a warlock in pvp and you could delay the death by 12 sec every 5 min. I despise that as being not balanced and not RP. The 3rd ed D&D paladin had a *aura* against fear. Now devs there, were spot on.

Now I play my paladin preferably (when subbed) because he has all achievements and titles I have collected. Khan, Warlord of Draenor, Etc. It's a habit.

(I deleted my hardly intelligible previous post. Now this one is mostly the same reply, but it should yet be more understandable, *yepee*)