Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    seems like everyone on the forums has no idea how it works

    half the people saying you can farm until you are current resist, half the people saying its still capped on 2 per week etc. crazy how much misinformation is going around
    There shouldn't be confusion. There's bitter cynical idiots who want to believe that Blizzard would release a system intended for catch-up and cap the weekly limit at two and there are people who are able to read. It seems people in the former group are who mainly post on this forum.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    That's a fair stance, but still, I feel like it is countered by your original point. The tier is over, who cares, right? The people who have finished the content pre nerf did so with less corruption and less corruption resistance. Does that mean that you think people should only be able to catch up to whatever corruption resistance was capped at, say, when HoF was closed? This kind of gatekeeping attitude is not good for the game. Creating a "play every day or fall behind" system since WoD (not heavy in WoD, but the signs were there that we were headed that direction) has created a poor environment for anyone who isn't able to do that. I could go on, but I'm going to stop there as its falling outside the scope of this topic.
    Tier isnt over. We are still more than 5 months away from expansion. There is not such thing as oh expansion is over so lets invalidate everything and give everybody all the power.

  3. #43
    The Lightbringer Minikin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    I bumped this thread because they just added essentially exactly what I recommended. The OP has been updated. :-)
    Yessir. I just saw the blue post too on that thread. Hopefully soon they'll increase the resist from 3 to a higher number. I got a lot of gear that I'd like to be able to.equip sooner than later.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yes, we did. That doesn't justify keeping alts or returning players behind for months. It's not fun to play a character that's weak with nothing you can do about it. It's certainly less fun to play my warrior right now when I'm 1 Expedient3 behind everybody else with no way to fix it(I literally have 3 Expedient3 in bags waiting to be used, but I can't use any more because of my cloak level). Do you need the current cloak levels etc to clear content? Obviously not, the world first guilds did it with level 10 cloaks, but that's not the point. We're not in the 2nd week of the tier where that's the norm anymore. You're competing with people who do have maxed out cloaks, and it's bullshit that there's no way for you to get that.
    Sounds like you think you are entitled to gear that you don't actually deserve. You think that because your main has max cloak that you should have it in alts. The catch up mechanics was fine as it was but I guess it's true that blizzard caters to casuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  5. #45
    ITT: people want catch-up mechanics before they need catch-up mechanics

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Sounds like you think you are entitled to gear that you don't actually deserve. You think that because your main has max cloak that you should have it in alts. The catch up mechanics was fine as it was but I guess it's true that blizzard caters to casuals.
    you could full clear 0 mask from the time you got a 10-12 cape.
    if you full clear 0 masked from then, you'd have a maxed cloak. 1 hour a week/alt isn't bad really.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Sounds like you think you are entitled to gear that you don't actually deserve. You think that because your main has max cloak that you should have it in alts. The catch up mechanics was fine as it was but I guess it's true that blizzard caters to casuals.
    I'm not entitled, it is what it is. Of course I don't think I should have the same gear on alts as I do on my main. But on top of not having the ilvl, the gear optimization, the azerite trait optimization and the neck level (all of which I could power through with enough playtime), I also have alts way behind on the cloak. That is fine, I haven't earned it on the alts. But what it adds up to is not playing alts because it's not fun being that many weeks behind on something that is so throttled and since I'm about done with what I can do on my main I may just cancel because of being bored with the game for the first time ever. If that is a good thing and that's what they were going for, cool, they hit it spot on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    you could full clear 0 mask from the time you got a 10-12 cape.
    if you full clear 0 masked from then, you'd have a maxed cloak. 1 hour a week/alt isn't bad really.
    Wow, brilliant! So if you did visions every week on every alt they would all be maxed now! Wow, what incredible insight. Now where is the fucking time machine to get back to all those weeks ago when we didn't know how resistance past 15 was going to work and how much it would be throttled?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    doing basic daily shit i end up with nearly 10k echoes a week. thats 5 upgrades. on top of the 2 you can get already. just say you dont want to do shit to farm echoes, or that you want to use the echoes for something else. dont act like there is nothing that can be done to catchup. jesus.

    if you do emissaries and assaults and basic shit you can get 5-7 upgrades a week. in what world is that more than 3ish weeks?
    Do you maybe want to check the date of posts in this thread, dipshit? It's from more than a week ago, long before today's hotfix was announced.

    It's also not live yet, either. So we can't farm Malefic cores yet anyway.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I would argue that people who haven't cleared yet needing all this help probably shouldn't even be where they are. Instead of understanding they are not good enough they cry to blizzard for more help and demanding changes to their power when actually getting good and understanding the fights will do a lot more for their performance.

    This change is for the entitled who are too shit to follow simple mechanics.
    Or maybe they're like me who is a teacher and didn't have time to raid because the world is a godsdamned shitshow right now? My guild went 11/12 Heroic week one and then I didn't have time to raid. They're now 11/12 mythic and working on the last phase of N'zoth. Nothing on this world or any other will catch me up in gear, but at least I won't be five months behind on corruption resist anymore.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Tier isnt over. We are still more than 5 months away from expansion. There is not such thing as oh expansion is over so lets invalidate everything and give everybody all the power.
    A better analogy is the Artifact Knowledge system, when it comes to a catch-up mechanic: the further away you get from the starting point of the AP system gains, the easier it gets to catch up in the system. Such a system allows new players who join late or alts to catch up at a relatively quick pace while still allowing players who front-load their efforts to still be ahead.

    The cloak system is slightly different due to having a hard cap versus a soft cap that AP has, but the cloak catch-up system also has a hard cap that has much harsher scaling than the AK system does the further out you get. The reason why this is probably unacceptable in the long term is because of how bloody powerful corruptions are and how necessary corruption is to be 'viable' or even perform moderately well. This reasoning is why AK exists in the first place: the borrowed power systems are so strong that falling behind without a solid catch-up system feels terrible to a player and forces playing often to keep up. In my personal opinion, the catch-up system Blizz is proposing (or something similar) should've been in-game immediately. Not sure why it wasn't, as the mentality behind a catch-up system was already there in Blizz allowing people to do the cloak quests 1-15 up to the current max level w/o restriction if you started late.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #49
    They should just make it that every vision gives a +3, since now cloak upgrades are competing with corruption purchases or essences on alts so there is still a big trade off.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    seems like everyone on the forums has no idea how it works

    half the people saying you can farm until you are current resist, half the people saying its still capped on 2 per week etc. crazy how much misinformation is going around
    You can buy as many orbs as you want in addition to the 2 you get from a full clear and a N'zoth kill, until you're caught up. Blizz's language use is poor here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Wow, brilliant! So if you did visions every week on every alt they would all be maxed now! Wow, what incredible insight. Now where is the fucking time machine to get back to all those weeks ago when we didn't know how resistance past 15 was going to work and how much it would be throttled?
    "People who didn't play and fell behind are mad that people who did play and didn't fall behind are ahead of them and that's unfair." That's all I'm hearing from you.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  11. #51
    How many echoes do you get for a full vision clear? 1250? 1500? If we assume you'll do 2 visions (and don't fail), every emissary and all three invasions you should get around 6000 echoes a week. Thats 5 cores a week if you do N'zoth. I feel like that's totally fair. You can probably get another one if you grind all the dailies and minor visions in a week. At that rate it will take you like... What are we at now? Idk, but shouldn't take you more than 2-3 weeks.

  12. #52
    They could at least cut the cost from 2000 to 200.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbos View Post
    How many echoes do you get for a full vision clear? 1250? 1500? If we assume you'll do 2 visions (and don't fail), every emissary and all three invasions you should get around 6000 echoes a week. Thats 5 cores a week if you do N'zoth. I feel like that's totally fair. You can probably get another one if you grind all the dailies and minor visions in a week. At that rate it will take you like... What are we at now? Idk, but shouldn't take you more than 2-3 weeks.
    With the caveat that you have to choose between buying corruption resistance and buying actual corruption, and with the added blow of having to bank your echoes for the one half-week a month where your corruption of choice is actually being sold.

    I mean it's better than nothing but it's a double whammy PRECISELY for people who are trying to catch up.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    With the caveat that you have to choose between buying corruption resistance and buying actual corruption, and with the added blow of having to bank your echoes for the one half-week a month where your corruption of choice is actually being sold.

    I mean it's better than nothing but it's a double whammy PRECISELY for people who are trying to catch up.
    Of course, but you won't have much use for corruption without the resistance anyways. Unless you like dancing with death. In which case, kudos to you.

    Maybe a better solution would be to have them be purchased for mementos or whatever the vision currency was called? I'd prefer if they didn't introduce another currency.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbos View Post
    Of course, but you won't have much use for corruption without the resistance anyways.
    And you won't have much use for the corruption resistance without the corruption.

    Hence the double whammy.

    The best solution imo would have been to just let it drop from full clear Visions at will, since those are already gated in availability anyway.

  16. #56
    I am Murloc! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    5,748
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No offence, but the curve is gone, its over, the tier is done, the expansion is done - this one is just in maint mode until SL prepatch. I am not saying i disagree with the premise you put forward, just the timing makes it irrelevant.
    You are right. IMHO shouldn't be this way. I just wish I could find another MMO that hooks me like WOW did/has. The downtime between expansions and tiers is just getting old. And I'm a casual player not the hardcore get it done in the first week.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    They could at least cut the cost from 2000 to 200.
    I'm fine with 500 echoes cost since it's easily farmable with Arenas, raids, visions and other you know, but i am surprised they didn't add core to be spammable in (full) vision run only once week (Plz correct me if i am wrong!) . I was kinda hoping they put in catch up core for fully vision runs spam cuz you know it could help motivation ppl who hoard visions currency to maybe like masks run/core farm for echos/memotoes sockets and allow them to catch up resistance for cloak till resistance capped following the week.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    but i am surprised they didn't add core to be spammable in (full) vision run only once week (Plz correct me if i am wrong!)
    You still get 1 core from a full Vision per week, and 1 core from N'zoth on normal or better. That doesn't change.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You are right. IMHO shouldn't be this way. I just wish I could find another MMO that hooks me like WOW did/has. The downtime between expansions and tiers is just getting old. And I'm a casual player not the hardcore get it done in the first week.
    In a perfect world, this wouldnt happen. In earlier expansions, my hype was HUGE, and i played MORE during the 'drought' because i was leveling alts for the new expac. And when the pre-patch hit, my playtime went through the roof trying every spec out for hours upon hours every day. But sadly, for the first time ever, BfA has killed all hype for SL or the future of wow. I am very eager to be proven wrong in the prepatch, which i will sub for and play, but these days i honestly enjoy playing some of the amazing games i either skipped or didnt invest much time into.

  20. #60
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    123
    I don't know about anyone else, but i did my N'Zoth kill, a full Horrific Vision clear and bought some cores and could only get to 89 corruption resistance. At 89 MOTHER stopped showing purchasable Malefic Cores. So i am still one behind. Not that is makes a huge difference, but it's there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •