Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Ban all multiboxers too while you are at it, there's a reason they are 10 druids in nazjatar, it's because that picks everything in that node, leaving nothing to others..these people ruin the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Has anyone visited Botanica or Iron Docks? Those places had hundreds of bots before the ban announcement. Wonder if those got affected at all.
    Seems as if they did.

In fact. About 2 days after me and a certain others back and forth, Silvermoon EUs Botanica has essentially been empty afterwards.

Either A, the botters themselves noticed the thread and toned their operations down.

Or B, they have actually been banned.

Been /who'ing on/off a while now, place is basically empty. Iron Docks too. Compared to an army of 30-50+ before, it's 1-3 now. Often enough 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    Seems as if they did.

In fact. About 2 days after me and a certain others back and forth, Silvermoon EUs Botanica has essentially been empty afterwards.

Either A, the botters themselves noticed the thread and toned their operations down.

Or B, they have actually been banned.

Been /who'ing on/off a while now, place is basically empty. Iron Docks too. Compared to an army of 30-50+ before, it's 1-3 now. Often enough 0.
    I'm seeing "possible botters" at the MoP LFR npc nowadays. Like 10-15 demon hunters queing and going at once. Or maybe they just want ALL the leather transmog.

Yay, incoming wave of "hey i got unfairly banned what do I do" threads. Those are always great.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I believe Blizzard IP logs nowadays. Or, at least checks your IP against a list of known IPs who are banned, or have DDoSed their servers.
    i hope you know that there is no such thing as "Static IP", at least not in Europe i dont know about Mcdonadlsland tho all you need to do is to press 1 button on your modem and you have a new ip
    I.O BFA Season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    i hope you know that there is no such thing as "Static IP", at least not in Europe i dont know about Mcdonadlsland tho all you need to do is to press 1 button on your modem and you have a new ip
    IP addressing doesn't really change based on your country of origin - and Europe does indeed recognize static vs. dynamic IP's as per EU legislation concerning IP addressing and privacy concerns.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    IP addressing doesn't really change based on your country of origin - and Europe does indeed recognize static vs. dynamic IP's as per EU legislation concerning IP addressing and privacy concerns.
    In Germany, there is no such thing as a static IP for the "casual" user. As Business or for whatever reason you can pay your provider to have a static IP, but the average person will never have a static IP. And only the provider knows who's behind what dynamic IP at any given time. Not sure what the EU data protection law has to do with any of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    In Germany, there is no such thing as a static IP for the "casual" user. As Business or for whatever reason you can pay your provider to have a static IP, but the average person will never have a static IP. And only the provider knows who's behind what dynamic IP at any given time. Not sure what the EU data protection law has to do with any of this.
    Just showing that there are indeed dynamic IP's and static IP's, specifically in Germany. The US basically has the same deal as you do - private or "home" users generally get a dynamic IP that changes more or less randomly or whenever the connection is renegotiated, and business clients have static IP's that are guaranteed not to change. Of course you can always purchase a static IP, usually with a surcharge, regardless of what type of user you are - which is handy if you happen to host services or appliances that benefit from having a static IP (even if you aren't a business specifically).

TL;DR version: IP addressing through ISP's is basically the same in the US as it is the EU.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Thanks for giving this news. I've not been around much news besides shadowlands. Botting can be super relaxing for people to do other things while botting, but the fact others do it manually, makes it unfair, and i always reported bots. Auction House usually was filled with herbalism and mining botting items. It was somewhat unbalanced for my economy and others. I remember in legion, in suramar, there's this place to grow herbs over a lake, and anytime i have put a seed, a bot would come and harvest, that was my way of reporting them, they would fly there. In BFA tho, wasn't so easy in that sense. I would like a fishing bot for example, there is one, but i do not use it. Fishing for me is a little boring, but i like fishing at same time. Bots makes lifes easier, but it is far from fair for those who don't use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Ban all multiboxers too while you are at it, there's a reason they are 10 druids in nazjatar, it's because that picks everything in that node, leaving nothing to others..these people ruin the economy.
    Yes, for sure, i have been put off farming in Nazjatar due to that exact same reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, don't need to ban the druids, maybe just do some actions and investigation or limitation. They are legal and multiboxing is allowed.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Thats not how it works in the US.
    ISP assigns non-static IPs here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Who cares? serious botting is mostly done on dummy accounts that can safely be banned. Botters just start a new account to robot.

Edit: It's more effective if blizzard would ban daily then a couple of thousand at once.(Ban wave) Then buying a new account is less interesting for the botter as that could mean the next day it could be gone again.
    As per their July 1st update, they in fact have been doing a "ban wave", banning 2-4k botters per day since I posted the OP.