Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    BM: Focus Fire return possibly? Stampede baseline

The Mop stampede version or The current one? Cuz current one is completely dog shit.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    The Mop stampede version or The current one? Cuz current one is completely dog shit.
    It’s really only dogshit because it’s a talent that is shit compared to the others. If it was baseline it wouldn’t be as bad. That stated, I’d love for either to be baseline as 2+ Hunters in a raid group popping it at the same time has potential to crash out so many people on older systems. I still remember the old one and we had 2 people crash on the first pull of almost every boss from 3 Hunters having all their pets out at once.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The window licking devs who stole surv to make another fucking melee is obviously still employed, so I think I won't be playing hunter again yet.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Well, I guess we are seeing changes to Hunter's mark, but not one that honestly makes a whole lot of sense.
    Hunter's mark now has a 20 second cooldown that resets on the targets death.

Not entirely sure how this is supposed to alleviate the problems at all, but I guess the devs are at least aware that seemingly noone wants the ability to stay like it was.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Well, I guess we are seeing changes to Hunter's mark, but not one that honestly makes a whole lot of sense.
    Hunter's mark now has a 20 second cooldown that resets on the targets death.

Not entirely sure how this is supposed to alleviate the problems at all, but I guess the devs are at least aware that seemingly noone wants the ability to stay like it was.
    Its a pvp thing. PVE side of things suffering is just a side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Its a pvp thing. PVE side of things suffering is just a side effect.
    I still don't get why it needs to have a damage component though. It did in BfA, but only because it was a DPS talent for MM.
    Add the damage component as a PvP talent if it matter that much to have that extra bit of damage in PvP.

I still don't get why it needs to have a damage component though. It did in BfA, but only because it was a DPS talent for MM.
    Add the damage component as a PvP talent if it matter that much to have that extra bit of damage in PvP.
    It prevents the target from stealth and invising and they want to prevent any posibilty of abusing that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    It prevents the target from stealth and invising and they want to prevent any posibilty of abusing that part.
    That is its main purpose though. Adding a damage component only weakens the fantasy of it. Hunter's Mark is what would normally be a semi-interesting niche hunter ability that has been arbitrarily shoved into the spotlight. Not every ability should be useful in all situations, some do just fine chilling unused in the spellbook for new players to have fun with or RPers to enjoy.

Wow. They actually made hunter's mark worse. I didn't think that was possible haha

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Wow. They actually made hunter's mark worse. I didn't think that was possible haha
    I was certain any change would be a good one, but I guess the devs showed me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Have to give the devs some applause for that. The majority of Hunters are already pissed over HM and now blizz made HM worse, truly amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    First trueshot and coordinated assaults still on gcd

Now this change to hunter's mark.

Well..guess i'll just go either mage or lock at this point and learn to deal with interrupts/silence and learn to like their weapons mogs... /laughandsobs

I've been keeping an eye on potential HM changes because I don't know what I want to main this expansion but Blizz seems stubborn about it... I guess I'm giving up on hunters

That is its main purpose though. Adding a damage component only weakens the fantasy of it. Hunter's Mark is what would normally be a semi-interesting niche hunter ability that has been arbitrarily shoved into the spotlight. Not every ability should be useful in all situations, some do just fine chilling unused in the spellbook for new players to have fun with or RPers to enjoy.
    Hunter's Mark used to add damage, by giving all attackers a bonus to their Ranged Attack Power (so all Hunters, effectively). It's not just about tracking a target, it's about marking it as your prey.

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFL Blizzard is trolling us at this point. Well, they've been trolling us since Legion pre-patch but that's another story.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Of course... hunters mark needed a CD. Because the wasted GCD wasn't enough. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well..with a cd, they solved the "issue" of relentlesness target switiching that ppl were complaining

blizz logic lmao

/continues to cry

edit: Phew, looks like Trueshot aura and coordinate assault are now off the gcd as well....but that new hunter's mark tho..along side stuff costing more focus....

Also any word if blizz "fixed" the no intended use of arcane shot instead of cobra shot?
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2020-09-03 at 03:04 AM.

Okay, this is getting absurd. What is Blizzards plan with Hunter, they know the problems, they have been well documented. Even accepting the obivous problems like MM being clunky as all hell and Survival lack of a defined niche, surely they can at least acknowledge that the talents need a massive revamp, MM has at least 2 dead rows where there is a clearly defined best choice in all situations and 2 extremely niche choices that no sane person would choose for general play.

Surely a single dev post on what they actually think hunters should be doing would be nice. Is MM supposed to be a single build spec or is there some unicorn version of the spec where all teh talent choices are reasonably viable we are not seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    Well..with a cd, they solved the "issue" of relentlesness target switiching that ppl were complaining

blizz logic lmao

/continues to cry

edit: Phew, looks like Trueshot aura and coordinate assault are now off the gcd as well....but that new hunter's mark tho..along side stuff costing more focus....

Also any word if blizz "fixed" the no intended use of arcane shot instead of cobra shot?
    Last I saw on WoWhead it looked like AS was back to having a rank 2 for 10 reduced Focus cost. I’d double check it to be safe as I last saw it about a week ago.
    I now kind of have a problem with BW now doing damage but Trueshot and Coordinated Assault don’t. Just has me worried it’s going to be another xpac of BM, which I really don’t want to do and might switch mains for the first time since I started playing in Wrath.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2020-09-10 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i cba to do maths or whatever, but i think the dmg part for BW will be more of a flavour thing than a "good" dmg, just to justify the ability being on the GCD.

And i saw that rank 2 as well, but maybe without the rank 2, AS is costing 30 focus as rank 1? Since people are still saying MM is still focus starved and trueshot/dead eye dont feel good to use because of it.