Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel extremely strong as Marksmanship in both PvP and PvE, strong enough to say there'll be a nerf incoming.

Are the BM pvp nerfs reverted or is it still going to be survival all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I feel extremely strong as Marksmanship in both PvP and PvE, strong enough to say there'll be a nerf incoming.
    Damage is not tuned right now. So they're likely to nerf all damage across the board for all classes. Then MM will go back from glass cannon on the PTR to just glass like in BFA, and everyone will go back to BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondi View Post
    I would be more than happy to keep playing BM in Shadowlands. I don’t get why most of you guys would want to switch to MM? Marksman feels unfinished, the rotation is just weird.

What is it about BM that alot of you don’t like? I am curious.
    BM is an allright (if not difficult at all) spec, and it's fun to be able to jump around like an idiot and still do top dps. The problem is that the very easy and braindead rotation becomes so glsringly clear at the start of expansions, when stats are low. Had too many Frenzy stacks drop off because my crit and haste were too low in 8.0

The AoE is also pretty boring, altho it DOES give you the numbers. 8.3 AoE was fun, because you ciuld effectively have 100% uptime on AotW and BW if the pulls were big enough, but outside of that it's literally barbed shot > multishot until its all dead.

I'm not saying MM is any better, and the current version of it is literally so bad it spooked me away from hunter altogether, but at least MM AoE has a few more tricks to it for example...

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    The thing making us OP right now is Chimaera working with the Serpentstalker's Trickery legendary.

I expect they will change that interaction, as much as i love how OP our AOE burst is i don't see it sticking around.

I think our ST is pretty balanced.

It's not the damage that makes me think "woah this is nice!" when I play, it's the synergy and the general playstyle. It feels super nice to play. Sure, damage will get nerfed, I'm sure.. same with my alt (sub rogue) and spriest, arcane mage, destro lock etc... however I'd much prefer they just buff the bad specs to catch up to everyone else.

What do you guys think about Rapid Fire in Shadowlands? The Focus regen is pretty bad... but it's not as bad as I always read.

i.e. people are trying to completely remove it from the rotation.

The damage is still decent, it's basically an AiS with focus regen (roughly).
    And it has 2 ways of adding +15% damage each which I think is pretty nice and a way to reset it's cooldown and the skill itself will buff the cast time of your next AiS if you pick the talent and during I believe it's worth picking over Steady Focus and Chimera in ST situations.

I don't know, I actually think it's better than it was before (the way it feels overall).
    What exactly is the problem with it?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-09-18 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Yeah, bar any dramatic changes I'm jumping ship to my Shaman as my main for the first time since I made the hunter with the launch of belves in TBC.
    All the classes you could be jumping ship to and you choose Shaman, good luck man is all i have to say.

Blizz still have nfi what they are doing with that class.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I agree, hunter has been my most played and loved character since BC and always ended up my main for the most part - SL is the first time I simply have no intention of playing it at all

It's a shame that whoever thought melee survival and hunter's mark is good gameplay is in charge of the class - but there are other classes to play I guess
    To each their own. I started playing in WotLK and have always loved the class. I plan on playing SV in Shadowlands, if they ever reveal what conduits we are getting. If it’s bottom of the barrel though I’m probably going to swap to DK. I’m actually tired of playing BM after 2 1/2 years and MM just isn’t that fun. Agreed that bringing back HM is bad design, especially with how Blizzard is removing non damage dealing abilities from the GCD but leaving it on HM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeiVias View Post
    All the classes you could be jumping ship to and you choose Shaman, good luck man is all i have to say.

Blizz still have nfi what they are doing with that class.
    Idk, I've always found shaman to be the visually coolest clasa in all 3 of its roles (melee, caster and healer) and I genuinely like the rotation of all 3 specs. If the reworks feel like complete garbage in the prepatch I have other options (one being just quitting altogether), but so far they feel pretty allright!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be more than happy to keep playing BM in Shadowlands. I don’t get why most of you guys would want to switch to MM? Marksman feels unfinished, the rotation is just weird.

Same here. I love BM spec, have played it since vanilla and enjoyed the spec just fine in Legion/BFA.

The only point in WoW where I didn't enjoy BM was Wrath, which is when Blizz nerfed it to push more people toward MM/Surv (and for the record, they openly stated that they did that).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Same here. I love BM spec, have played it since vanilla and enjoyed the spec just fine in Legion/BFA.

The only point in WoW where I didn't enjoy BM was Wrath, which is when Blizz nerfed it to push more people toward MM/Surv (and for the record, they openly stated that they did that).
    This was after BM was forced on hunters for the entirety of BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustov View Post
    This was after BM was forced on hunters for the entirety of BC.
    That's a fair point, both extremes suck.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

BM focus starvation should be fixed shortly, they somehow forgot rank 2 of cobra shot.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ges/490705/851

Now to fix Hunter's Mark...

10+ Year Old Account
    ....And MM focus starvation and making the "proc" feel good to use. Like..why not getting rid of the 2 charges but making only one and free.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    ....And MM focus starvation and making the "proc" feel good to use. Like..why not getting rid of the 2 charges but making only one and free.
    I would be content if they at least changed the talent tree to not have so many dead picks. The first and second line are both very disheartening because you have to weigh up a choice that makes the rotation easier and also is good at ST and AoE against choices that both focus starve you and are only good in extremely niche cases.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2020-09-19 at 07:30 AM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

MM is "supposed" to manage its resource, using Steady Shot to generate focus. Of course you may not enjoy that, I don't either, but that's how it's been for a long time. BM relies on natural regen to generate the vast majority of its focus, and the more expensive Cobra Shot completely broke that.

Everybody hates the charges on Aimed Shot, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    MM is "supposed" to manage its resource, using Steady Shot to generate focus. Of course you may not enjoy that, I don't either, but that's how it's been for a long time. BM relies on natural regen to generate the vast majority of its focus, and the more expensive Cobra Shot completely broke that.

Everybody hates the charges on Aimed Shot, that's for sure.
    The spec isnt exactly stellar in making it feel like your are supposed to struggle with resource generation like others classes.
    Maybe if they changed some of the talents to emphasize that. Something small like changing the first talent row to one talent that makes the first Precise shots free, one that makes your Aimed Shot crits refund Focus and one that replaces your Steady Shot.

MM is just kinda stumbling around in the dark looking for a rotational identity to call its own. It could be Focus management, it could be using Rapid Fire, it could be using Aimed Shot on cooldown. But until the devs sit down and really hammer out a better rotation and talents it won't really be about anything other than not using the terrible talents and abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I kinda like the charges on Aimed Shot, at least in theory. I honestly wish they added a longer cooldown to it and then really built a rotation around buffing it or otherwise lowering the cooldown. Or even just lining it up with whenever you have buffs or something.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I really like BM.. however.
    I don't like how everything reduces something all the time. Especially the cobra shot reduces cd on KC. And now some legendaries.

Is like, can I use a cobra shot here? Can I not? I might over cap focus but I might lose a global cd to kill command .
    It screw the flow of the rotation..

Ughhh

Does Cobra Shot cost insane 45 focus in SL?