Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #141
    Does Cobra Shot cost insane 45 focus in SL?

  2. #142
    No, it will cost 35. Blue post said they were re-adding the reduced cost rank 2.

  3. #143
    With latest PTR build it costs 35 focus at rank1.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I really like BM.. however.
    I don't like how everything reduces something all the time. Especially the cobra shot reduces cd on KC. And now some legendaries.

    Is like, can I use a cobra shot here? Can I not? I might over cap focus but I might lose a global cd to kill command .
    It screw the flow of the rotation..

    Ughhh
    I think it will be much easier to decide if you should use CS or not in SL because the CD reductions are going to be static instead of based on RNG like the CD reductions from the corruptions are.

  5. #145
    Updates to all covenant abilities for Hunters. Flayed shot kill shot procs don't cost focus and the night fae ability no longer sucks (maybe, I haven't really seen anyone on Youtube commenting on it).

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    Updates to all covenant abilities for Hunters. Flayed shot kill shot procs don't cost focus and the night fae ability no longer sucks (maybe, I haven't really seen anyone on Youtube commenting on it).
    Thank god they reworked the night fae ability, hopefully it no longer sucks. I dont need it to be the best but just at least not be useless and bugged.

  7. #147
    How does this work in WoW again?

    Will SV mastery buff a free KS?
    Because I'm pretty sure Cooldown reduction based on "focus spent" doesn't work.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I really like BM.. however.
    I don't like how everything reduces something all the time. Especially the cobra shot reduces cd on KC. And now some legendaries.

    Is like, can I use a cobra shot here? Can I not? I might over cap focus but I might lose a global cd to kill command .
    It screw the flow of the rotation..

    Ughhh
    Wouldn't Focus Capping be the worse of the two?
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    How does this work in WoW again?

    Will SV mastery buff a free KS?
    Because I'm pretty sure Cooldown reduction based on "focus spent" doesn't work.
    If it doesn’t buff it then this is a big nerf to Venthyr for SV. That would just push Necrolord into a higher spot for SV and BM since neither would have an increase to the damage.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Is the Night Fae change a nerf and a buff? Thought the old build caused extra damage to anything hit, but this new build reads it damages the enemies near the target. So if you’re in a ST situation you only get 5% damage for the time frame now, and not the extra damage proc.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    If it doesn’t buff it then this is a big nerf to Venthyr for SV. That would just push Necrolord into a higher spot for SV and BM since neither would have an increase to the damage.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Is the Night Fae change a nerf and a buff? Thought the old build caused extra damage to anything hit, but this new build reads it damages the enemies near the target. So if you’re in a ST situation you only get 5% damage for the time frame now, and not the extra damage proc.
    I believe you still do the same damage in ST situations, you are just no longer incentivized to spam Multi-shot in during AoE, instead you will now always do AoE damage when the Mark is used.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I believe you still do the same damage in ST situations, you are just no longer incentivized to spam Multi-shot in during AoE, instead you will now always do AoE damage when the Mark is used.
    Well no, I just double checked and the old way read that “each damaging ability you use against a target strikes the target...” where the new one reads “...will strike up to 5 nearby targets for 45% damage.”
    Also, the Hunter’s Mark portion also reads that you just get HM on every target and not HM from Hunter and HM from Wild Spirits on your primary target. That means this ability would be useless in all ST situations as it doesn’t seem like it grants a total of 10% extra damage to the primary target.
    Maybe the wording is wrong, but so far this looks like a pretty decent sized nerf to the Covenant ability if it’s worded correctly. Well, I guess you will do 25% AP as nature damage over 15 seconds, but that seems pretty low to really be a gain on ST.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Well no, I just double checked and the old way read that “each damaging ability you use against a target strikes the target...” where the new one reads “...will strike up to 5 nearby targets for 45% damage.”
    Also, the Hunter’s Mark portion also reads that you just get HM on every target and not HM from Hunter and HM from Wild Spirits on your primary target. That means this ability would be useless in all ST situations as it doesn’t seem like it grants a total of 10% extra damage to the primary target.
    Maybe the wording is wrong, but so far this looks like a pretty decent sized nerf to the Covenant ability if it’s worded correctly. Well, I guess you will do 25% AP as nature damage over 15 seconds, but that seems pretty low to really be a gain on ST.
    It does hte same damage, except it isnt buggy anymore. In actuality it does in fact do more damage, the last one just applied the pseudo Hunter's Mark and added 45% AP damage to each hit, this one does a small amount of damage, applied actual Hunter's Mark and then does damage to up to 5 enemies for each ability.

    It is a clarification, excluding the tiny extra burst of damage at the beginning it should do the same amount of damage the old one did, or rather should have done.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The old one was "every hit causes the target to take an extra 45% attack power damage", the new one is "Each ability causes up to 5 enemies to take an extra 45% attack power damage."
    If you are referring to the fact that the old one said it triggered on each hit then that was never something that worked, it always worked on each specific damaging ability, and additionally only the ones your character did, so Kill Command didnt trigger it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #153
    Dreadlord GoKs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    848
    But will it not still be useful in ST since you dont waste a global just to apply HM, now atleast with the global you get a bit of extra dmg output, even if it is a small amount?

    Hey I am just asking as a noob player, not claiming to know anything here, before I get scolded =P

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    But will it not still be useful in ST since you dont waste a global just to apply HM, now atleast with the global you get a bit of extra dmg output, even if it is a small amount?

    Hey I am just asking as a noob player, not claiming to know anything here, before I get scolded =P
    I think you will still have to apply Hunter's Mark, the one the Night Fae ability applies is a 15 second one.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  15. #155
    Has anyone tested FS/KS interaction as SV yet? If KS no longer costs focus will it not get the damage modifier from SVs Mastery? Just wondering if Venthyr basically is now a lot behind Necrolord on 2 specs.

  16. #156
    Dreadlord GoKs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think you will still have to apply Hunter's Mark, the one the Night Fae ability applies is a 15 second one.
    Makes sense. But the original HM you apply before the fight starts, so no wasted global there, this might be good for target switching?

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It does hte same damage, except it isnt buggy anymore. In actuality it does in fact do more damage, the last one just applied the pseudo Hunter's Mark and added 45% AP damage to each hit, this one does a small amount of damage, applied actual Hunter's Mark and then does damage to up to 5 enemies for each ability.

    It is a clarification, excluding the tiny extra burst of damage at the beginning it should do the same amount of damage the old one did, or rather should have done.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The old one was "every hit causes the target to take an extra 45% attack power damage", the new one is "Each ability causes up to 5 enemies to take an extra 45% attack power damage."
    If you are referring to the fact that the old one said it triggered on each hit then that was never something that worked, it always worked on each specific damaging ability, and additionally only the ones your character did, so Kill Command didnt trigger it.
    Then the tooltip is confusing as it says every ability you or your pet use against a target will also hit up to 5 nearby targets for 45% damage.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Then the tooltip is confusing as it says every ability you or your pet use against a target will also hit up to 5 nearby targets for 45% damage.
    Well, I guess. But it shouldnt be, so I guess there is that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    I think it will be much easier to decide if you should use CS or not in SL because the CD reductions are going to be static instead of based on RNG like the CD reductions from the corruptions are.
    It's still a thing that puts me off BM. It doesn't flow imo

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Then the tooltip is confusing as it says every ability you or your pet use against a target will also hit up to 5 nearby targets for 45% damage.
    The tooltip I'm looking at says " for 45% of attackpower" - ingame should be "for 1234 damage"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •