Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Imagine playing a class with 2 very strong (one of them even OP) specs and still complaining, while SL is still alpha and nothing is final yet. You guys bored or what?
    I remember when this class used to have 3 specs

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    i remember when this class used to have 3 specs
    Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Burn!!!!!!!!!!!

The lack of hunter changes really has me worried. Watching bae's review of hunters was also not surprising, as I felt the same way just looking at things. I think it's almost hilarious how hunters have had so many complaints about mechanics and viability in high level pvp and pve, and they felt that bringing back a useless ability like eyes of the beast and giving us more stable slots will fix everything. Do they even think people play hunters seriously, or do they just assume we are all pokemon collectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    The lack of hunter changes really has me worried. Watching bae's review of hunters was also not surprising, as I felt the same way just looking at things. I think it's almost hilarious how hunters have had so many complaints about mechanics and viability in high level pvp and pve, and they felt that bringing back a useless ability like eyes of the beast and giving us more stable slots will fix everything. Do they even think people play hunters seriously, or do they just assume we are all pokemon collectors?
    I kinda like the BM changes. Seems like PVP buffs first and foremost, which is fine because PVE was fine in BFA.
    Of course for MM it's just business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Given how many tools melee have to stay in range, and that you are slowed for most of the fight, a long cd that allows you to cast while moving for a little while, isn't helping anyway.

Quite literally the only way to fix MM pvp is to make baseline Aimed Shot castable while moving.
    I meant the original aspect of the fox from cata that let you cast forever while moving, and just apply it to aimed shot. You just lose the Hawk AP buff.

I kinda want that Cobra Shot reduces 1 sec on Kill Command to be removed, it kinda ruins the flow of the rotation.

Looks like MM will continue to be trash at PVP, and BM the go-to for everything.

This expansion is a filler, Blizzard didn't even bother to change the PVP balance from BFA.
    Indeed. I was just looking at warriors legendary power. It seems they will be able to get 2 additional heroic leap , so in total 2 charges and 3 leaps... Now its not only a hunter issue. Which ranged would ever be able to stand a chance towards a warrior ? Not to mention dk who will get improved grip (3 secs reuse) + the limb pulling everything towards them. It seems I will be forced to switch to a mele class. GG blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Duskpanther View Post
    Indeed. I was just looking at warriors legendary power. It seems they will be able to get 2 additional heroic leap , so in total 2 charges and 3 leaps... Now its not only a hunter issue. Which ranged would ever be able to stand a chance towards a warrior ? Not to mention dk who will get improved grip (3 secs reuse) + the limb pulling everything towards them. It seems I will be forced to switch to a mele class. GG blizzard
    And no warrior used that legendary in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinkie View Post
    And no warrior used that legendary in Legion.
    so you are telling me that pvp warriors won't use an ability that will allow them to own every ranged ? Naaa , do not agree with you , sorry

so you are telling me that pvp warriors won't use an ability that will allow them to own every ranged ? Naaa , do not agree with you , sorry
    Yes? They had more than enough gap closers for that.

I have not decided if I want to continue to play BM Hunter or go back to playing Frost Mage. Why wouldn't you choose Venthyr as Hunter? Flayed Shot sounds really good to pass up. I actually wanted to go Night Fae because I think they look better in terms of the transmog and mounts. Not sure if Wild Spirits will be able to keep up with free Kill Shots from Flayed Shot. Although Final Moments from Night Fae sounds interesting.

Hoping MM isn't the prevalent raid spec in SL, but either way I'm excited for the changes and how hunters are looking going into the expansion.

From the PVP perspective.
    BM is dead in the water. None of the pvp hunters in the beta even play BM.
    MM is borderline OP. Ssdnecro was playing MM with Necrolords covenant in Bajheera's vids.

So it looks like the tables have turned, at least at the moment, with BM being a meme and MM taking the lead.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-07-24 at 11:55 AM.

If so, they would have done so in Legion. There was better legendaries to equip than this one and in SL, most probably, it will be the same.

- - - Updated - - -

From the PVP perspective.
    BM is dead in the water. None of the pvp hunters in the beta even play BM.
    MM is borderline OP. Ssdnecro was playing MM with Necrolords covenant in Bajheera's vids.

So it looks like the tables have turned, at least the moment, with BM being a meme and MM taking the lead.
    I hope MM will stay strong as I prefer it over BM.

im 100% sure im not buying the xpac so far, unless they change things im not wasting my time with this game anymore. i liked Legion at the end, where you didnt need much to catch up.

i want to be able to play my alts as well, if im spending hours in this game it should be because i want not because i need to. if they are catering for hardcore players so be it, they will have to survive with hardcore players money.

At this point in time, I'm just not seeing me playing hunter. The best looking spec so far is Survival in my opinion.

BM is as simple as ever and I know that I'll get boring of it very soon, especially in bad gear/with bad stats.
    MM is still just so weird to look at I just don't feel like I'm getting the "oh gosh, yes!" feel when I see my AiS crit like I did in Legion when I saw my marked shot and artifact procs flying along side it (I want Legion MM back)

SV is the only spec where I can even see a difference in gameplay when you switch around talents.
    I hope it won't be as focused on Mongoose anymore, it doesn't look like it does... so that's good?

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    im 100% sure im not buying the xpac so far, unless they change things im not wasting my time with this game anymore. i liked Legion at the end, where you didnt need much to catch up.

i want to be able to play my alts as well, if im spending hours in this game it should be because i want not because i need to. if they are catering for hardcore players so be it, they will have to survive with hardcore players money.
    will have plenty of time to post on the forums instead i guess.

or buy it anyway/

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    will have plenty of time to post on the forums instead i guess.

or buy it anyway/
    nope, not buying it, simple as that, think what you want, they wont be getting my money and this isnt a i quit post for me, im still playing my hunter even today, once corruption is over and im not having fun anymore thats it.

covenants being a lock for the whole xpac is a no for me, same made me quit in legion after they nerf MM, same will happen in sd, something will be op and then after you invest all that time they will nerf it to the ground and you will be useless.

pass

Melee survival has hamstrung the entire class. No one in their right mind will ever bring a survival hunter over a BM or a MM hunter given how limited melee spots are (and survival has no utility that would place it over other melee). Hunters are basically limited to 2 specs for PvE.

On the other side of this dumbdumb situation is the fact that hunters can succeed in PvP only as survival. So people who do both PvP and PvE as hunters have to have 2 sets of gears and 2 sets of keybinds learned because... reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Melee survival has hamstrung the entire class. No one in their right mind will ever bring a survival hunter over a BM or a MM hunter given how limited melee spots are (and survival has no utility that would place it over other melee). Hunters are basically limited to 2 specs for PvE.

On the other side of this dumbdumb situation is the fact that hunters can succeed in PvP only as survival. So people who do both PvP and PvE as hunters have to have 2 sets of gears and 2 sets of keybinds learned because... reasons.
    Pretty sure there’s a SV Hunter in some of the top 100 guilds clearing before 80% of the Hunter playerbase. Could be wrong, but I think remember Azor bringing them up long before mythic Ny’alotha was being cleared by most other guilds.