Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is Shadowlands redeeming WoW for you after BFA?

Personally I absolutely hated BFA.

I don't think any game or movie has ever pissed me off so much. Now with Shadowlands there are new features that I do admit look nice but after BFA it feels... wrong to me.

Especially since everything in BFA felt as though was pushed through so we can get this expansion.
    How do you guys think about Shadowlands?

Was it all worth it with all these spoilers?

I disliked most of BFA too but due to other things such as allied races I actually played BFA for a year or so in total(quit now though till pre-patch at the minimum)but WoD, I played for 3 months. Shadowlands isn't looking amazing but let's hope it's better than BFA and WoD, isn't much to ask really when you think about it. One thing that I am not on board with is releasing the new expansion trailers well in a year advanced of the new expansions release date, is it just me or does it kill the hype a tad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    I disliked most of BFA too but due to other things such as allied races I actually played BFA for a year or so in total(quit now though till pre-patch at the minimum)but WoD, I played for 3 months. Shadowlands isn't looking amazing but let's hope it's better than BFA and WoD, isn't much to ask really when you think about it. One thing that I am not on board with is releasing the new expansion trailers well in a year advanced of the new expansions release date, is it just me or does it kill the hype a tad?
    I dont think I can enjoy shadowlands at all.
    There is just so much unresolved baggage and frustration with BFA i cannot move forward until I see them addressed.

All the new customizations and pretty zones are very expensive makeup and lipstick for a 400 pound hog.

I won't know until Shadowlands is over.

But as of right now, I'm thankful to have BFA almost behind me. My feelings about BFA are really only adjacent to my feelings about WoW. I was unsatisfied with BFA, but I still greatly enjoy WoW as a game, and disliking BFA has not really diminished my enjoyment of WoW. With that mindset, I'm excited to see what Shadowlands could potentially bring to the table.

For me Shadowlands is the redeeming expansion after Legion.

It is Legion that redesigned every classes and pruned every abilities we had. It's also Legion that introduced AP farming and infinite grinds. BfA was just Legion 2.0 from many PoVs. And I only care about class design, game systems. I actually enjoyed BfA more than Legion because everything I loved in WoW was destroyed already by Legion, so I wasn't disappointed lol.

So yes, for me Shadowlands look very promising. More spells to allow more skillful plays, no more rng proc on gear, crafting and choosing our own legendaries, no more AP to grind and the posibility to buy PvP gear from a vendor.

I'm all-in!

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I dont think I can enjoy shadowlands at all.
    There is just so much unresolved baggage and frustration with BFA i cannot move forward until I see them addressed.

All the new customizations and pretty zones are very expensive makeup and lipstick for a 400 pound hog.
    what are you even talking about? can you use some more detail if you make such a thread? or is this your blog?

Too early to tell. Stuff like Torghast sounds amazing on paper (I'm a sucker for roguelikes) but it all depends on the execution. A big plus for me is definitely doing away with all that disgusting RNG shit on gear (I'm gonna be so happy once corruption is gone). Also looks like BfA put them into enough of a panic that they try something new and actually listen to feedback.

But they have often promised great things and in the end it sucked, so we'll see. For now, I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Wow expansions have always been completely detached from each other with pretty much little to no connection, maybe lorewise. Claiming you won't like the following expansion because of the previous one makes no sense in wow.

Personally I loved BfA though, and will probably at least very much enjoy SL, though I'm a bit worried about all the unprunning and listening to every wish of the vocal minority. I'm worried it might backfire.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I don't think any game or movie has ever pissed me off so much. Now with Shadowlands there are new features that I do admit look nice but after BFA it feels... wrong to me.

Especially since everything in BFA felt as though was pushed through so we can get this expansion.

Considering they are still in Alpha stages and are ACTUALLY listening to the proper feedback now it is great and a 180 change to the last dev cycle.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even play it, too soon to know. I happen to like BfA as much as I liked Leejun, but I judge expansions by the sum of it's patches. IF Shadowlands is better than BfA from start to finish, nice.

Not sure about shadowlands, seems I lost some kinda faith in blizzard. Haven't seen anything yet that has made any kind of hype for me. Have quited BFA, and will probably wait a few months after release to see how it goes

3+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Bwonsamdi dungeon looks great! So are the new customizations
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I did not have big problems with BfA. It was mostly just boring. But i did not hate it. A bit uninspired and most problems have been massivly overblown. Like Azerite Armor.

What i can't say is if SL redeems anything. I will tell you one month after release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    As with every WoW expansion, I'll give Shadowlands a shot and see if I like it (I'm cautiously optimistic given the details on the current changes and themes). I was pretty convinced I wouldn't like BfA just due to the theme since I dislike the faction conflict as a primary narrative, but I still gave it a fair shake before opting to go super-casual for its run.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'm still waiting on more class changes, I play warlock and warrior so it's good so see they're working on them! (and i really like the changes)

plus considering the trend of: bad expansion, good expansion, bad expansion. this should be the good one

I can say I'm alot more excited and paying much closer attention to the just the pre-launch SL process than BFA entirely. I wish we could wrap it up now but I'd rather get the proper testing done so we don't see a repeat of 8.0

After playing BFA for a total of a couple months, I can see why people tend not to like it. Some of it was cool and ok for short term entertainment, but nothing to get heavily time invested into.

However, I really dont think Shadowlands is going to redeem anything. More of the same, with just new gimmicks. WoW has had its day.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2020-06-18 at 03:27 PM.

I kinda have to play it first you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

I didn't really dislike BFA that much - it had some issues but unlike WoD, Cata or WotLK I have actually stayed subbed all the way through which should qualify as something positive at least. I'm cautiously optimistic for Shadowlands but I have a lot of worries too. I actually HATE what they are doing with the covenant abilities and all that. To me there's no 'choice' if one alternative will always be the better one. Even for alts when I would want to play all of them for uniqueness I would still roll whatever is the best for the content I'm doing because it would be stupid not too. Kinda wish covenants were more aching to Scryers/Aldor where you get some unique things for both but it doesn't impact the overall gameplay that much.

Nope. I strongly dislike many of the unprunes adding busywork to my favorite specs, like shaman totems and hunter mark. I was much more positive about BFA before launch, even with the GCD changes which have proven to be terrible as everybody expected.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-06-18 at 04:41 PM.