Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kokodesuka View Post
    I am M+ player so I just hope there will be more dungeons. Legion got more dungeons introduced throughout its span, something BFA did not do!
    Most of them were hated though, only kara was selectively popular, depending on the wether it was was tyrannical or fortified week.

I agree though, the dungeon selection was a bit bare bones this time around until they finally introduced mechagon. And we still had absolute freebies like motherlode and and complete design failures like tol dagor where everything could agro through walls..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this could be a very good xpac.
    I have high hopes, for now everything looks fun to me.
    I dont have that often

I can't stand Rifts in D3. I can't stand Horrific Visions. Both of them are so awful that they kill my desire to play. Torghast looks even worse. I take one look at that and realize that if I'm forced to run Torghast, I will not want to play WoW for months. Torghast will totally kill my desire to even log in. So I am not even going to buy Shadowlands. The entire xpac is a hard pass.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

If everyone was honest and doesn't have alpha, we would all say; I don't know. I haven't played it yet.

TBD

Too early to tell. Some stuff looks good but some seems to be keeping the same terrible D3 concepts that started in Legion.

First of all, it's just easy thoughts, no toxic stuff etc, nothing against noone.. I just want to share few words with You, lovest community of game I play for 12 years..

Personally, for me BFA made me finish playing at a higher level than in previous expansions. All AP farm required at the beginning which was already initiated by Legion (all this legends system...), then corruption, back .. I think that all this could have been more favorably directed to the players. After all, we are the earning profits for Blizzard by playing the game. We pay for their product or not. And I feel as if we were being forced to be discouraged ...

In terms of shadowlands - currently I like everything that is transmitted, but I have been playing this game since 2008 and I know and remember - that I have always enjoyed it (what is coming, choo choo trains etc). This is the first time I have not bought a preorder, the first time I have decided not to buy the collector's edition. All this just because - this time I want to see what I pay for, not to be pissed off like at BFA (yes Ion, i remember a thing called "less rng in bfa").

Anyone can now say "high level play is possible if you spend x time" - of course, everything changes, so do we. We grow, start families, change jobs, etc.
    Many of my friends have already left this game, and there are only a handful of us left, but this handful is not able to play on a mythic level, because we would have to find another people - we are missing 10's so hard. Maybe someday, maybe in Shadowlands? That would be something ...
    Just one thing that would change a gameplay for lot of ppl. I don't want to complain about the difficulty that Blizzard would have to do two levels of difficulty etc.

These are just loose thoughts of a person who no longer has time to play as he once did, and misses 10-person raids.

All the best folks in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I dont think I can enjoy shadowlands at all.
    There is just so much unresolved baggage and frustration with BFA i cannot move forward until I see them addressed.

All the new customizations and pretty zones are very expensive makeup and lipstick for a 400 pound hog.
    If you are expecting good storytelling in an mmo, you are playing the wrong one.
    I can think of GW2, FFXIV and SWTOR. They all easily have much better storytelling. I don't play TESO, but i expect it to be better.

I think WoW developers have resigned to the fact that they are a cartoon game and will not try too hard.

I seriously doubt it, but nothing is impossible.

The only way they are going to redeem anything is to incorporate back some of the original game play mechanics. They can add all the graphics, fluff, resets, and this and that to WoW all they want, but the game is seen in a very different way then what it once was. Until they return WoW to what made it compelling to its fans, its going to continue to decline. Mountains of new gimmicks and "customizing options" are never going to save it.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2020-06-29 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Until they return WoW to what made it compelling to its fans, its going to continue to decline Mountains of new gimmicks and "customizing options" are never going to save it.
    You seem too delusional thinking that returning to old shit will "save it". News flash, wow is at decline product life cycle and nothing it going to change that.
    If anything, returning to old stuff would probably make decline faster

It's a miracle that it still going.

CoS, Arcway, Kara, CoEN, Seat.

Only the last two were little hated at beginning due to poor tuning however that changed later on.

But yea, we had 4 + 1M dungeons.. Whereas in BFA, only 1M.

I don't understand the questions as there is nothing to redeem. BFA was quite good and I hope Shadowlands will be even better.

It's only peoples expectations that are the problem, which has rapidly increased over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    The deal that I have with WoW is: When its good, I play it. When it's bad I don't.

They do not need to redeem themselves. They made mistakes, and that is okay, when it's fun again I will be back. And eventually, I always go back.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too early to tell but really loving all the character customization being added and Torghast sounds interesting

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    Ironic because there were a lot of people loved that the dungeons were harder as I said, it was 50/50. I mean in terms of the MoP drop, WoD went from 7 to about 4-5ish so roughly the same but MoP was peak for class design from back then so to each their own. What we have now is garbage. BFA is still the worst expac to date by a large margin for me and for many people.
    the problem with cata dungeons was that they trained people in wrath with baby mode random que finder dungeons and then they throw at the same mass of people dungeons far far harder at those same people...with the same random dungeon finder,its like the people in charge of this game never actualy played it i swear

it would have been much better handled if hc wasnt part of the dungeon finder,rather be like mythic today

also cata had some pretty big issues with bugs and extreme overtuning for 10 mans early on,and 4.3 was by far the worst end patch ever,literaly nothing to do,wod and bfa have been actualy good by comparison,also dragon soul sucked wile atleast hfc and nyalotha are pretty cool and big and mecanicaly better

also mop suffered because of the out of place theme and early on was weak,but it just got better and better,with 5.2 being proly the best patch ever

Can't say until I play it, but so far it seems like another expansion of some good stuff getting torpedoed by a few major features being trash out of stubbornness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    I don't understand the questions as there is nothing to redeem. BFA was quite good and I hope Shadowlands will be even better.

It's only peoples expectations that are the problem, which has rapidly increased over the years.
    The expectation that they'll learn from mistakes instead of repeating them? They still seem to have a case of amnesia every time they start working on a new expansion.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean we wont really know if it's redeeming WoW. Atleast not yet for me. If I get into beta, I will see how I like it. I am nervous about the level squish, and the fact that we aren't getting revamped old world zones (It's been like 10 years since the last one) does bum me out, but I get why they wont do it. Would take too long to give new quests for each of EK and Kalimdor zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think BFA is 'fine' now, unless you PvP, then it's frustrating as hell.

Looking forward to Shadowlands though!

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Personally I absolutely hated BFA.

I don't think any game or movie has ever pissed me off so much. Now with Shadowlands there are new features that I do admit look nice but after BFA it feels... wrong to me.

Especially since everything in BFA felt as though was pushed through so we can get this expansion.
    How do you guys think about Shadowlands?

Was it all worth it with all these spoilers?
    Has it launched where you live?

I dont have access to Shadowlands yet. So i cant say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Can't say until I play it, but so far it seems like another expansion of some good stuff getting torpedoed by a few major features being trash out of stubbornness.

- - - Updated - - -

The expectation that they'll learn from mistakes instead of repeating them? They still seem to have a case of amnesia every time they start working on a new expansion.
    You assume mistakes were made. You can always find things to improve on any concept brought into the game.