Hello everyone! I've been thinking about something for a while now and I felt I had to create an account (after years of lurking) to see if this is something others would agree with and be willing to discuss.

So the idea is, in the simplest terms possible, templates.
I've read a fair amount of comments of people desiring this aswell, and a lot of comments from players who find the concept trash. The usual reasons they disagree with templates in PvP are that they either:
1. Lose a sense of progression
2. Are afraid of Blizzard giving your class a secondary stat template that works poorly
3. Don't want to lose their ability to stomp noobs because they have better gear

My solution for this is that we get a template for each class balanced around stamina and str/int/agi, giving us either a set amount of each or a partially "slideable" X amount of Stamina and Y amount of Main Stat. We would then have a Z-amount of secondary stats that we can distribute exactly how we prefer. For example, we could have, say, 2000 "Secondary Stat Points" which we would be able to invest freely wherever we choose. (In its own PvP-tab where we choose to build our "PvP-template character". You could then decide to have full on mastery/haste/crit/vers whatever. Or at the very least be able to decide where most of your points go. In the case of having a baseline amount of secondary stats, e.g 10% of each stat(so that we don't end up with 0 mastery, for example), we would also be able to invest a set amount of secondary stat points on top of the original 10%. I believe this would satiate those who are afraid of being dealt a bad hand by Blizzard's balancing team in getting a completely predetermined template, while also giving us the freedom to experiment with stats without having to farm for weeks/months only to check and see if something is good/fun or not.

Losing those who disagree because of "losing a sense of progression" are (I believe) worth the risk, because this would cause PvP to be much more balanced in all instanced PvP, lower the entry requirement and cause the PvP in this game to be taken much more seriously than it currently is (because it's laughable that gear should matter in serious arena where it's supposed to be about skill.) WoW PvP is a minigame within the actual game and not the main thing (which is obviously Raiding & M+) and should therefore not be something you have to progress through gearwise. Your progression in PvP should be your rating and skill level. Removing gear from PvP would level the playing field enormously and allow normal people to have the same fighting chance that a good player has - while making it easy to see who is the better player, unaffected by gear.

Removal of gear in PvP would potentially cause players to not want to do PvP anymore since they cannot stomp other players anymore based on iLvL. The only fix I see for this is that the template only works in instanced PvP. That way, if you're getting your rocks off by killing defenseless nabs, you can farm PvE content (where gear progression actually matters) and use the gear you acquire to bully people in the outworld.

I know they've done templates in the past (althought not with customization) and that it drove people away. Yet, if we have it like this, everyone gets a piece of the good pie; those who want to do proper PvP(serious arena) can do so without being melted by PvE trinkets, without the stupid damage number scaling that we have currently and with skill and composition being the only factors. (other than class-balancing which is a different beast)
Battlegrounds would be much more enjoyable for the everyman(or at least I believe so), noobstompers can still stomp (although they have to go about it a little differently) and the PvP in general would turn out a lot more consistent.

What do you think? Let me hear your constructive criticisms/burning anger/happy claps