Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A lot more races should be able to become a demon hunter. Simply have them skip or change their starting experience. In the latest Hearthstone adventure I’ve seen several races (mag’har orc, naga, some mushroom guy) become a demon hunter after finishing some trials which can be done by basically anyone. It is Hearthstne lore after all so its not always canon, but I could see this happen.

I don’t like having only blood elf as an option for someone that mains Horde, I’d much rather be an orc or troll DH.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a few which I think should be unlocked, most because of lore hints, some because changing lore/models. But honestly I'd rather unlock most combos.

Human Shaman/Druid - Human concept and I think it's quite easily possible to do with Kul Tiran/Worgen Druids and Kul Tiran Shaman.
    Night Elf Paladin - In game
    Worgen Paladin - Why not if Humans can be
    Pandaren Druid - Let's be realistic this would be cool
    Undead Paladin - Can be priests so why not
    Blood Elf Druid - In game
    Void Elf Paladin - Void Elves are Blood Elves and Blood Elves can be Paladins
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I would like to see how it works form a lore-perspective though. Otherwise, they might as well just let all races be all classes.

For Demon Hunters it seems like they are still around in the world. Is there a reason they can't or won't train other races? I suppose because no new ones are actually trained in lore?

As for some races being this and that. The Draenei are in tune with nature, but they are also in a pact with the light. But if they can be shamans and death knights, they should be able to be druids too? A Draenei warlock is like a borderline eredar. On the other hand, they can be shadow priests...

Forsaken Paladins are already a thing in the Argent Crusade or whatnot, so that one I can see. Especially if the Forsaken get a "new deal" in Shadowlands.

Gnome paladin, sure why not. No reason they can't connect to the light like Humans and Dwarves.

Only now do I realize Goblins can't be monks, and I don't understand why? Lack of patience and virtue? But they can be priests? Shamans?

If Gilneans could be druids even before the Cataclysm and the curse, then why can't other humans? I've no idea.

Kul Tiran paladin I fully endorse because that would just be bad-ass.

Mag'hars also would make perfect druids. I know Mag'har are not corrupted, but neither are many other races and they can still be warlocks.

Orc Druid also feels like a missed opportunity.

As does Pandaren Druid.

Pandarens have walked around the continents long enough now to encounter the light as well, and are no doubt worthy.

Void Elf Demon Hunter would also make sense, would it not?

Worgen shaman. Makes a lot of sense.

As does Vulpera Druid.

Who are the crazy people voting for night elf paladins and blood elf druids? Ugh :-P

If it was up to me race/classes combos would be more restricted than they are now. I don't like giving everything to everyone.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    none of them. Already seeing ridiculous combinations are enough for me. Panda DK'S, bull paladins...
    I used to be a fervent defender of many race/class restrictions. But after seeing stupid things like Tauren Priests/Paladins, Goblin Shamans and (playable) NE Mages - each of them being stupid for different reasons, but still stupid - I have changed my mind. Let every race have every class, it's not like lore matters anymore. Not for the writers, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Relative to the # of votes the other choices have gotten I'm pleased with the amount of votes Human (not fatboi) Druid has gotten
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Voted:

Draenei Demon Hunter (Draenei and orcs make sense as Illidan's followers. Eredar skins!)
    Orc Demon Hunter (Fel skins!)

Forsaken Paladin (Another reason to play undead)
    Kul Tiran Paladin (Because why not?)
    Night Elf Paladin (Moonfang Order)
    Nightborne Paladin (Blood Knight apprentices, proximity with the Sin'dorei)

Goblin Monk (Everyone can be monk, after all)
    Lightforged Draenei Monk
    Worgen Monk

Highmountain Tauren Warlock (Blood Totem that kept some forbidden knowledge)
    Zandalari Troll Warlock (It's weird they can't be warlocks already)

Mechagnome Shaman (Electricity! Power totems!)
    Void Elf Shaman (Dark shamans. Void can be used to dominate the elements, as we've seen time and time again)
    Worgen Shaman (Another kind of harvest witch. We've seen one in Island Expeditions)

Pandaren Druid (Through the August Celestials.)
    Vulpera Druid (Because why not?)
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2020-06-23 at 03:28 AM.
    Whatever...

Any race that can be priest has to be able to be paladin, it's the logical next step up, Liadrin demonstrated this in her transition from priest to pally.

I've played wow since vanilla and all I've ever wanted was blood elf druids, and every expansion I'm disappointed

Goblin and worgen monks, just cause

I updated the main post with a direct link to the results.

Demon Hunter
    Draenei
    Orc
    Mag'har
    Void Elf
    Nightborne

Druid
    Draenei
    Panda
    Orc

Paladin
    Orc
    Nelf
    Kul Tiran
    Mag'har
    Darkspear Troll

Monk
    Goblin
    Worgen
    LF Draenei

Shaman
    Nelf
    Worgen

Lock
    Draenei
    Z. Troll
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren rogues of course. Got to love sneaky Moos <3

I guess Night Elf paladins are the clear winner of the poll!

A Night Elf paladin in the Night Fae covenant would be really cool. Especially with the wooden "plate" armor and the lunar-themed covenant abilities for paladins!

I'd rather see more restrictions and less cosmetic content in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune B View Post
    Mag'hars also would make perfect druids. I know Mag'har are not corrupted, but neither are many other races and they can still be warlocks.

Orc Druid also feels like a missed opportunity.
    Orcs would be extremely disappointing imo. Either they get slightly modified forms like tribal stuff or bones on a cat or they end up with strange wolf/cat boar/bear hybrids like the zandalari so they fit the model. Draenei could be interesting as they wouldn't need to have basic forms and weird looking x/bear hybrids wouldn't look so strange as they don't have goes to more realistic animals like the orcs and wolves and let's face it if ur gonna be an orc druid ur gonna wanna have a wolf form.

Kultiran paladin and i wonder why blizz they didnt put in the first place.cus as dwarfs lore:humans teaching about the light why didnt teaching in kultirans?cus both races help and join alliance during wars with exeption of kultirans in last.
    Vulpera paladin also why didnt put it?vulpera as nomads and scavenger,tomb raiders etc maybe find some artifacts or old books from zandalari tribes learn how to use the light and make them paladins.sorry for my bad english guys.

Void Elf Shaman! IDK, it just seems like a very unique combo since there are no elven shamans, and I just really dig the Void Shaman from the Visions lol

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Void Elf Shaman! IDK, it just seems like a very unique combo since there are no elven shamans, and I just really dig the Void Shaman from the Visions lol
    Agreed, it does seem really cool somehow! There is a precedent for them too:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=46322/shaman-of-the-black

They are also controlling elementals:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=47226/obsidian-stoneslave

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Agreed, it does seem really cool somehow! There is a precedent for them too:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=46322/shaman-of-the-black

They are also controlling elementals:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=47226/obsidian-stoneslave
    Indeed; I really like the concept of the Dark and Void Shaman we have seen here and there and would love it to be playable; on the Horde, the issue is that it would be hard to swallow to see any of the shaman races to take that dark path without being ostracized. Void Elves have both the advantage of their "Void Shamanism" be new to them, so no tradition, on a faction that is less homogeneously shamanistic. Of course it would be seen as something tabboo and dark for some Alliance Races, but at most it would be considered as grave as Warlocks.

There's less context on both alliance and VE's to make dark/void shamanism too anathema as it would be on the Horde; plus, it gives VE's a unique flavor as far elves go, and it expands shamanism beyond its scope to a more elementalist archetype -and to make it less morally abhorrent and more palatable, the framing could be that the Void Elven "Shamans" commune with Void Entities that used to be elemental spirits, but their worlds were lost to the Void. Sure, these spirits would be seen as abominations by other elemental spirits, but would find kinship with Void Elves as also collaterals of the Void's advance through the cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Indeed; I really like the concept of the Dark and Void Shaman we have seen here and there and would love it to be playable; on the Horde, the issue is that it would be hard to swallow to see any of the shaman races to take that dark path without being ostracized. Void Elves have both the advantage of their "Void Shamanism" be new to them, so no tradition, on a faction that is less homogeneously shamanistic. Of course it would be seen as something tabboo and dark for some Alliance Races, but at most it would be considered as grave as Warlocks.

There's less context on both alliance and VE's to make dark/void shamanism too anathema as it would be on the Horde; plus, it gives VE's a unique flavor as far elves go, and it expands shamanism beyond its scope to a more elementalist archetype -and to make it less morally abhorrent and more palatable, the framing could be that the Void Elven "Shamans" commune with Void Entities that used to be elemental spirits, but their worlds were lost to the Void. Sure, these spirits would be seen as abominations by other elemental spirits, but would find kinship with Void Elves as also collaterals of the Void's advance through the cosmos.
    All good points!

With the fact that Void Elves are pretty much a clean slate that they can do to anything with, a dark shaman would be the perfect fit. Especially when the Horde counterpart of Blood Elves were given the "edgy" paladin.