Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Only because Blizzard has an extremely non-committal attitude toward their own lore.
    So if they didn't buy a new temple to replace the old one means we can assume that just like the blood elves at large(Blood Knights not included) they became atheists.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Burden of proof is on you. Source?

- - - Updated - - -

except for all of the moons in their architecture, and the significance of the moon in some of their spells... and welcoming night elf priestesses and druids into their society... weird, almost like they consider themselves to be the same people
    Proof of what?, I already explained to you what the differnce is between the two cases multiple times now. Also everything what I said can literally be read or taken from wowpedia if you are feeling lazy.

Idk why I am bothering with you honestly.. you dont even care to read what I told you, but proceeds to then quote another comment, a little weird, but k. I also havent seen anything from you that would dissmiss what I told you either. I would advise you to read up on Nightborne. The intro cinamatic for example helps for starters or watch https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=awiywj...tu.be&t=49m19s were they basically are saying the same things at blizzcon.

Nightborne are not Kaldorei, not physically or culturally. So, no nb/kaldorei are not as close as say he/be. Which was my point. This really should be common sense at this point.

Ps: I also cant find anything relevant regarding Elune+ Nightborne. I dont remeber it being a thing for them in general. But you are free to prove me wrong on that. The temples dont say much.. as Suramar used to be a kaldorei city for example, nor can any practises be seen with the Nightborne as far as I know.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-03-17 at 10:26 PM.

It is easy to solve this. Just look at Thalyssra inbetwen a time span of 10k years.

back

and now

Obviously they are much different in current day.

Funny thing - ally fans claim that NB worship Elune, but don't give any hard proof of that. Just - "we can assume", "its logical" and "why they should not".
    Even if you read https://warcraft.wiki.gg/ - there is topic about that. I even quote that

While several nightborne NPCs seem to vaguely acknowledge Elune (such as Oculeth recalling how the Temple of Fal'adora once "glowed with with prayers to Elune"), it is implied that worship of Elune gradually receded after Suramar was sealed off from the rest of the world, without sunlight or moonlight,[27] and its inhabitants turned to the arcane-based Nightwell instead of traditional religion to shape and sustain their culture, with there being no known priestess of Elune remaining within the city.

Hard zero presence. 10k years ago - yes, they had temple of Elune. Now - nope.
    And there is no proof that they saved that "faith" for 10k years.

- - - Updated - - -

Only because Blizzard has an extremely non-committal attitude toward their own lore.
    So you have 0 evidence, but your “committal attitude” gives you the right to claim that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Hard zero presence. 10k years ago - yes, they had temple of Elune. Now - nope.
    And there is no proof that they saved that "faith" for 10k years.
    We acknowledged that. But they have priests. They have to worship something & there is no indication of what that is, besides all the moon iconography in the city itself. Considering this, the most likely religion they follow, is Elune's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    So you have 0 evidence, but your “committal attitude” gives you the right to claim that?
    The ability to infer information? You realize that's just written by some rando wowwiki user, right? Yes, there's no indication of what their priests worship, but until the devs actually establish something in the lore, Elune is the only assumption that can be made. Agnostic Priests cannot exist in WoW.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that that has been confirmed and known for a while, a night elf/nightborne thread makes no sense anymore,.

It should be seperated, same as how void and blood elf are not the same thread.

Suramar being the place of rest for the Sin'dorei citizens, during Midnight isn't the end of the world.

Hell, the entire region could be phased where we see Sin'dorei Blood Knights, Magisters, Warlocks, Farstriders, Priests and perhaps the Illidari along with the Shal'dorei Mages, Warriors, Nighthunters, Warlocks, Priests and some others, ready to go back to Quel'Thalas and reclaim Quel'Thalas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    suramar update
    Weird, why now?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Suramar being the place of rest for the Sin'dorei citizens, during Midnight isn't the end of the world.

Hell, the entire region could be phased where we see Sin'dorei Blood Knights, Magisters, Warlocks, Farstriders, Priests and perhaps the Illidari along with the Shal'dorei Mages, Warriors, Nighthunters, Warlocks, Priests and some others, ready to go back to Quel'Thalas and reclaim Quel'Thalas.
    Idk if reclaiming is in order just yet, but we will see.

I love Suramar, but Silvermooon is to nostalgic to me. I still cant fully see blood elves losing this tbh. Seems so unrealistic. Even if we do, Suramar is a very suitable option I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Idk if reclaiming is in order just yet, but we will see.

I love Suramar, but Silvermooon is to nostalgic to me. I still cant fully see blood elves losing this tbh. Seems so unrealistic. Even if we do, Suramar is a very suitable option I agree.
    We can't rule out Quel'Thalas being lost to the Void and both factions.

I just like to prepare for any and all possibilities.

The Moonguard Stronghold would be great to see the Sin'dorei and Shal'dorei Warriors.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We can't rule out Quel'Thalas being lost to the Void and both factions.

I just like to prepare for any and all possibilities.
    Fair enough.

That is true, but I still don't really buy it. I see the Sunwell getting destroyed, but I don't know if all of Silvermoon will be gone for the horde, Seems like such a huge thing to me still. If it happends, I will accept it anyway. You won't see me crying over it, but ye for me it's purely a nostalgic thing. Love to walk around there from time to time. Imagine if the void manage to do more damage and EVERYONE needs to flee, that would be something. All elves will be teaming up with the forces of the light. Anduin/Arathi and velen combination coming? interesting.

It will great to finally be able to see more then just 2d cardbords, that already is a huge plus. If Suramar is anything to go by, which I think it will. This place wil be such a joy for the eye alone.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-11 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Weird, why now?
    I don't know but it's nice that they add new things. maybe we'll see something from suramar at midnight

Fair enough.

That is true, but I still don't really buy it. I see the Sunwell getting destroyed, but I don't know if all of Silvermoon will be gone for the horde, Seems like such a huge thing to me still. If it happends, I will accept it anyway. You won't see me crying over it, but ye for me it's purely a nostalgic thing. Love to walk around there from time to time. Imagine if the void manage to do more damage and EVERYONE needs to flee, that would be something. All elves will be teaming up with the forces of the light. Anduin/Arathi and velen combination coming? interesting.

It will great to finally be able to see more then just 2d cardbords, that already is a huge plus. If Suramar is anything to go by, which I think it will. This place wil be such a joy for the eye alone.
    I have nostalgia for it as well; but we have to be accept what could happen. There's no point believing "Quel'Thalas will be just for the Blood Elves, a full update just for them!" because it's ridiculously unlikely to happen.
    Likewise though - Suramar is here, on the Horde side, with a great relationship to the denizens of Quel'Thalas. Many various strongholds appear throughout the region that could be ripe for the taking, such as the Moon Guard Stronghold. Liadrin, Victorie and Elsya could easily take this as their HQ to train Warriors, Blood Knights and Hunters alike.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have nostalgia for it as well; but we have to be accept what could happen. There's no point believing "Quel'Thalas will be just for the Blood Elves, a full update just for them!" because it's ridiculously unlikely to happen.
    Likewise though - Suramar is here, on the Horde side, with a great relationship to the denizens of Quel'Thalas. Many various strongholds appear throughout the region that could be ripe for the taking, such as the Moon Guard Stronghold. Liadrin, Victorie and Elsya could easily take this as their HQ to train Warriors, Blood Knights and Hunters alike.
    I am purely talking Silvermoon city now, I understand that Quel'thalas as a whole will probably change in that sense. Yes, that's it, it's the feeling and it's just a nice city. Yes and I will accept that, when the time comes if it happens, but so far I am still skeptical.

Yes, I do think those options are great as a next step for them. Leaving Silvermoon for Suramar could actually be very cool. I love the zone myself and the Moonguard Stronghold is very tactical and huge. Good pick on using this for their warriors. We have yet to see a combination of Nightborne and Blood elf things, but that could be interesting as well. Their kingdoms are literally merged at this point already, could make for some interesting aesthetic changes.

Thinking about it, currently looking size-wise, it almost feels like Silvermoon is almost the same size as Moonguard stronghold;p. At least what you are able to use and move through. That's not even a city so to speak. the zone Suramar is very large. Not even talking about the actual city Suramar itself.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-11 at 05:28 PM.

Thinking about it, currently looking size-wise, it almost feels like Silvermoon is almost the same size as Moonguard stronghold;p. At least what you are able to use and move through. That's not even a city so to speak. the zone Suramar is very large.
    Azshara never did things by the "small" did she?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara never did things by the "small" did she?
    Right!, so trading it, is 100% profit.

Oke, great! now we got that settled, thanks for tuning in and see you next time!

I am purely talking Silvermoon city now, I understand that Quel'thalas as a whole will probably change in that sense. Yes, that's it, it's the feeling and it's just a nice city. Yes and I will accept that, when the time comes if it happens, but so far I am still skeptical.

Yes, I do think those options are great as a next step for them. Leaving Silvermoon for Suramar could actually be very cool. I love the zone myself and the Moonguard Stronghold is very tactical and huge. Good pick on using this for their warriors. We have yet to see a combination of Nightborne and Blood elf things, but that could be interesting as well. Their kingdoms are literally merged at this point already, could make for some interesting aesthetic changes.
    I know and I honestly do feel the same. Saying goodbye to Silvermoon City and/or Quel'Thalas is hard as a Blood Elf fan, but again - it can't be disregarded - no matter what other Blood Elf fans say. It's got to be considered and if it doesn't happen, then we can cheer and celebrate.

Phasing the city and zone of Suramar does have benefits, for the Horde. A pure Highborne Elven-like army.

Personally, I do hope for more Sin'dorei vs Naga, as a small Easter Egg to W3, where they worked together under Kael and Vashj and now, they're enemies under Lor'themar and Azshara.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know and I honestly do feel the same. Saying goodbye to Silvermoon City and/or Quel'Thalas is hard as a Blood Elf fan, but again - it can't be disregarded - no matter what other Blood Elf fans say. It's got to be considered and if it doesn't happen, then we can cheer and celebrate.
    Couldn't agree more.

Phasing the city and zone of Suramar does have benefits, for the Horde. A pure Highborne Elven-like army.

Personally, I do hope for more Sin'dorei vs Naga, as a small Easter Egg to W3, where they worked together under Kael and Vashj and now, they're enemies under Lor'themar and Azshara.
    Yes, I do think this city/zone has advantages. In general I think Buildings and watchtowers are very tactically placed, which is interesting. Many things make sense in a military kind of way even. Most importantly their knowledge together in a way more pristine city and what they can learn from each other and do is very powerful. There is a lot of potential there thinking about it.

I always love a good warcraft 3 nod and I think Naga is the perfect choice there with blood elves and their past. I would like a side story there for sure.

We talked about them already, but still wanted to mention them which are felblood elves and Darkfallen. Just with a lore pov, I would like to see a nod for them as well. I really don't know how far they are willing to go with áll elves'' and stuff like that and if this is just wishfull thinking. Anything extra here I think is a plus. All these Variants, Darkfallen(san'layn, dark rangers, Death knights) Fell blood elves and even demon hunters to a certain extend would all be cool to see in the end as they are all Thalassian elves.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-11 at 05:49 PM.

Agnostic Priests cannot exist in WoW.
    Orc, gnome and goblin priests says otherwise. Mag'hars and mechanognomes too.
    All you need is inner will to use cosmic powers of Light or Void.

And without hard proofs - its all just
    only assumption