Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    Bloodsail Admiral Isilrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Night elves deserve more I fully agree and I am curious to see what their next step is for them tbh. The shen'delar are an interesting group if fleshed out could be interesting, but I am questioning what political power they would have and what of their numbers? could they even fill a district? idk some uprising from within now that tyrande is gone could be that highborne stor people look for, but meh idk some radom though.

    Yea I think alot of people who were in that forum received some personal messages, made me laugh you had one as well;p
    Good point about what kind of power the Shen'dralar could even wield, Alanar. I can't stand Tyrande, so will be interesting (or so I hope) to see what happens with her.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Good point about what kind of power the Shen'dralar could even wield, Alanar. I can't stand Tyrande, so will be interesting (or so I hope) to see what happens with her.
    Yea, we haven't seen much of her and her powers yet so hopefully we get a better understanding what kind of damage she can actually do now, but honestly they lost my interest and hope for her some time ago. I understand they can't always have time for every character, but man they realy lost me on her... even her voice got weirder every year;p

    Yea, any clue? would they have say in anything?

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    I also got an essay through email and had to comment; this made me laugh when I read that you got one (or more?), too. I agree with much of what you've said here, even though I'm a Night Elf fan and would appreciate some more story on all aspects within NE society. I think we've gotten quite a bit with the Shen'dralar coming back, the Queen, N'Zoth, and the Nightborne, so I think that Blizzard has already taken the NE culture where they wanted to. NEs might get something else in the future, but it will most likely reflect *their* vision and not necessarily that of the players. It is their game, after all.
    Spot on. All the work on Shen'dralar, Queen Azshara, naz'jatar, the Nightborne is all part of NE culture stuff, but Ravenmoon needs to accept it's not all alliance night elves, the race actually goes beyond the alliance in many groups, all the neutral groups, the nightborne and other sub-species liek the Naga who are an enemy group

    But what you say is true, it will reflect thier vision, we can only guess. To em it makes sense that Nightborne and the Highborne night elf faction would intertwine a lot and that stories of that side of the NE culture will involve them, bringing players from both factions into it's narrative.

    It also makes sense that they develop a more international night elf narrative, because the Darnassian one seems pretty locked into alliance, but the Nightborne can spearhead a more international night elf narrative that isn't alliance locked, one that is civilisation based and elf unity based. Both alliance night elves and horde ones would be a part of this action through the Highborne and Nightborne group.

    But I accept it may not be their vision, I think it's a good one that would make a lot of fans happy, and won't leave us out. Whether some like it or not, night elf culture is also on the horde now. It is fully horde race. Lets se that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post



    Yes, you may.
    Well thank you, see you took the time to reply. Nice one!

    I agree that the night elves deserve some more back story in game and this would be a good thing to explore some old magics and have the highborne evolved sure. Like I said I wouldnt find it a bad idea to have some district for example dedicated to them in a future city. How well they are accepted and how much political power they would have is a question we cant awnser.
    Well one thing I agree with Ravenmoon is that they can tell some interesting and nuanced stories, complex interactions if they can be bothered to explore them. I think we can all agree that we hope they do.


    So which horde races are you talking about? It doesnt count if the world is breaking and we are forced into a alliance( Azshara,nzoth etc) I am not a fan of horde and alliance working together and growing friendships. For me that is a direction I dont wan t to see to much focus on tbh. What are you getting out of those relationships? What is the goal realy? it always ends with a crossroad that's wow (I stole that line from thrall I know, but it works!)
    Exception, not the rule. It's bad if every race in one faction hates every race in another, there has to be some cross faction friendships. Currently it exists in very limited form through orders like the druids where we see Night elves and Tauren, it's easy to see Night elven Highborne and Nightborne bond over the arcane, and extensions of it that bleed into druidism and Elunism, but via the broken isles druids and priests they're already friendly with, and the Valewalker. Being the same culture, people group , the Highborne/Nightborne bond would be much strong than the night elven druid and Tauren druid form and thus able to extend well beyond just the shared discipline.

    And it is a healthy exception. Afterall we have some who want to see more friendships even if you hate that, it isn't unreasonable, we already have Belf/Draenei via the Shattered offensive and NElf/Tauren via the Cenarion circle, but I think Highborne/Nightborne can offer something different and should

    The centre focus is not just arcane magic, but the elven people, so it's not centred on faction identity. And while it's fine to have lots of race totally into that, it makes sense to have some or at least a few factions like the Highborne who value non-horde/alliance politics more. I can see the Nightborne valuing elven unification and civilisation restoration higher than horde/alliance seeing they just joined and have been far more dominated by their identity than faction, same with Highborne, and while they have these allies, they're more closer to each other.. it warrants the exception imo, and would be interesting to see it.

    however it's warcraft, so it's far from a kumbaya/hold hands we're all happy venture, it's full of peril, sabotage, competing interests and the real danger and threat of extinction to elven kind as well as the firm belief to export elven ideals to quarrelling races in a big brother/sister attempt to show/teach them to be the better person. A faction needs someone devoted for that.


    This was never a big issue, realy.. most people just accepted that and only a handfull remained on that quest. The moment I got a essay in my mailbox I knew and wrote back that this is high elf problem 2.0. The problem I have with this, is that people dont seem to follow the current lore and grab back on very old lore where we all see some signature of 2004 written in the corner. The highborne also moved on and the ones that remained in suramar for that matter changed.

    Nightborne are their own race now and the story moved on and found their allies on the horde. Its just salt and I honestly refuse to go much deeper into that because thats the story and you should accept it and move on. The closest we are able to get as a highborne are the nightborne, its a wonder they were able to make them differnt enough in the first place. Because news flash.. there is no highborne customization.. they were just a political group but still night elves. No difference.. just self.insert elitist group honestly.
    Fair enough, ther isn't much I can do, just hope that blizz can make something good of the circumstance they've created with the Nightborne in the horde and highborne in the alliance, something a bit different from the usual "we all hate each other and want to slit each others throats " which there's loads of that to go around in every race.


    I just feel you are making this a bigger problem than it is in reality. The Nightborne deserve more and night elves deserve more, but they both are facing some idenity crisis. The night elves more then nightborne, but there is no such thing as betrayal they were never part of the alliance... and the only ties they have realy is a salty era where most people lost their homes, family and friends because of their queen. They are in no.position to call the nighborne, friends or old allies etc. More like It feels some people seem to.miss that and think it was a obvious choice to go to the alliance, but in reality it wasn't the case. . The highborne who ventured away and became high elf also left the night elves back then, that group of high elves continued their practise in arcane magic same as the Highborne did within that bubble, even if they were allies of Tyrande and her group, they would still be breaking her rule over not using any magics anymore. I understand why they match better with now called blood elves and nightborne, hell it makes 10 times more sense then the night elves being in the alliance in the first place..

    Erm..there are maybe 2 threads and one is kinda deserted.. and checked wow us/eu forums but the request you are suggesting is just something of this thread it seems.. idk how big of a issue this is. No one wants a high elf 2.0 discussion from here on. You can roll a nighborne and play one. I dont see a reason besides some opinions why we need to share the nighborne.. aand we are back to this. Sorry enigma I like your political approach, but you can't please everyone and I dissagree on sharing an already pretty plain and new race with the opposite faction. They need their own story first and thats with the horde and not the alliance.
    It's probably because the idea is unique to me, and I stopped posting on other boards, but I came up with it by listening to the arguments and points of those who want lots more night elven highborne action and those who feel they shouldn't have it because it's on the horde - Iw as like why can't they have both and work at it, but led by the Nightborne because they're the full faction race dedicated to that?

    I want to sgree with you, since you seem like a nice guy, but honestly.. the nighborne realy dont.care about the night elves. You know how it ended with tyrande and there are no reasons or hooks to explore more there atm. The only thing that is happening here is that the alliance would love to explore THEM and that because they posses old knowledge and more, but they are a living race(who altered) with their own motivations and and the night elves can shout what ever they want, but they are just not part of that.

    Might not be popular to few people here, but this is 100% canon and the story will follow that direction going forward.

    No hard feelings tho.
    The Nightborne don't care for Tyrande and her group, it doesn't mean they don't care for their kind, Tyrande's actions doesn't undo the actions and love of Farodin or the Moonguard or the Val'sharah refugees. She's a different faction, and she and her race are in peril. The biggest elven group just got wiped out, all the elven groups are the remnants of genocides and mass slaughtering. It's a problem even if it hasn't been voiced by anyone or tackled by the creative writers. Thalyssra is the benevolent type that really needs her 7.0 "lets be world defenders, helpers" line to be made real after joining the horde (I've heard the criticism) character wise she is just the sort to take that sort of interest, and be the bigger person where Tyrande may have struggled and it would raise her profile in the eyes of many. Darnassian resistance would also paint the night elves as stubborn and unreasonable, even antagonistic for a change, but it would be countered by their Highborne being the voice of reason trying to bring them round, so alliance fans won't feel their whole race is being villanised and a horde race would look good in a manner that is consistent with their original character

    Win, win, win.

    (I hope you don't feel this counts as a long essay, I kept it relatively brief. -I'm not a fan of long essays either, unless warran)

  4. #104
    Bloodsail Admiral Isilrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Spot on. All the work on Shen'dralar, Queen Azshara, naz'jatar, the Nightborne is all part of NE culture stuff, but Ravenmoon needs to accept it's not all alliance night elves, the race actually goes beyond the alliance in many groups, all the neutral groups, the nightborne and other sub-species liek the Naga who are an enemy group

    But what you say is true, it will reflect thier vision, we can only guess. To em it makes sense that Nightborne and the Highborne night elf faction would intertwine a lot and that stories of that side of the NE culture will involve them, bringing players from both factions into it's narrative.

    It also makes sense that they develop a more international night elf narrative, because the Darnassian one seems pretty locked into alliance, but the Nightborne can spearhead a more international night elf narrative that isn't alliance locked, one that is civilisation based and elf unity based. Both alliance night elves and horde ones would be a part of this action through the Highborne and Nightborne group.

    But I accept it may not be their vision, I think it's a good one that would make a lot of fans happy, and won't leave us out. Whether some like it or not, night elf culture is also on the horde now. It is fully horde race. Lets se that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Well thank you, see you took the time to reply. Nice one!

    Well one thing I agree with Ravenmoon is that they can tell some interesting and nuanced stories, complex interactions if they can be bothered to explore them. I think we can all agree that we hope they do.



    Exception, not the rule. It's bad if every race in one faction hates every race in another, there has to be some cross faction friendships. Currently it exists in very limited form through orders like the druids where we see Night elves and Tauren, it's easy to see Night elven Highborne and Nightborne bond over the arcane, and extensions of it that bleed into druidism and Elunism, but via the broken isles druids and priests they're already friendly with, and the Valewalker. Being the same culture, people group , the Highborne/Nightborne bond would be much strong than the night elven druid and Tauren druid form and thus able to extend well beyond just the shared discipline.

    And it is a healthy exception. Afterall we have some who want to see more friendships even if you hate that, it isn't unreasonable, we already have Belf/Draenei via the Shattered offensive and NElf/Tauren via the Cenarion circle, but I think Highborne/Nightborne can offer something different and should

    The centre focus is not just arcane magic, but the elven people, so it's not centred on faction identity. And while it's fine to have lots of race totally into that, it makes sense to have some or at least a few factions like the Highborne who value non-horde/alliance politics more. I can see the Nightborne valuing elven unification and civilisation restoration higher than horde/alliance seeing they just joined and have been far more dominated by their identity than faction, same with Highborne, and while they have these allies, they're more closer to each other.. it warrants the exception imo, and would be interesting to see it.

    however it's warcraft, so it's far from a kumbaya/hold hands we're all happy venture, it's full of peril, sabotage, competing interests and the real danger and threat of extinction to elven kind as well as the firm belief to export elven ideals to quarrelling races in a big brother/sister attempt to show/teach them to be the better person. A faction needs someone devoted for that.




    Fair enough, ther isn't much I can do, just hope that blizz can make something good of the circumstance they've created with the Nightborne in the horde and highborne in the alliance, something a bit different from the usual "we all hate each other and want to slit each others throats " which there's loads of that to go around in every race.


    It's probably because the idea is unique to me, and I stopped posting on other boards, but I came up with it by listening to the arguments and points of those who want lots more night elven highborne action and those who feel they shouldn't have it because it's on the horde - Iw as like why can't they have both and work at it, but led by the Nightborne because they're the full faction race dedicated to that?



    The Nightborne don't care for Tyrande and her group, it doesn't mean they don't care for their kind, Tyrande's actions doesn't undo the actions and love of Farodin or the Moonguard or the Val'sharah refugees. She's a different faction, and she and her race are in peril. The biggest elven group just got wiped out, all the elven groups are the remnants of genocides and mass slaughtering. It's a problem even if it hasn't been voiced by anyone or tackled by the creative writers. Thalyssra is the benevolent type that really needs her 7.0 "lets be world defenders, helpers" line to be made real after joining the horde (I've heard the criticism) character wise she is just the sort to take that sort of interest, and be the bigger person where Tyrande may have struggled and it would raise her profile in the eyes of many. Darnassian resistance would also paint the night elves as stubborn and unreasonable, even antagonistic for a change, but it would be countered by their Highborne being the voice of reason trying to bring them round, so alliance fans won't feel their whole race is being villanised and a horde race would look good in a manner that is consistent with their original character

    Win, win, win.

    (I hope you don't feel this counts as a long essay, I kept it relatively brief. -I'm not a fan of long essays either, unless warran)
    With all respect, you do write essays in response (perhaps because you're passionate or very interested). Again, with respect and now directness: I don't read everything you write because I am less interested. However, I see your point about expanding the international reach of the NE story and also see that their culture is now tied to the Horde and I hope you haven't heard me say that I deny this connection. Rather, I think Alanar (feel free to correct me, Alanar) doesn't care for the factions working together against a common threat idea that's surfaced a few times, and thus, he may not want an international development (to use your terminology). I understand how this might become confused.

    I really didn't want to be drawn into this discussion, so please understand if I become less responsive that this is why. I support those who also appreciate NE culture, but I'm not as invested in it.

  5. #105
    the night elves were genocided by who again?
    oh right the horde, betwen their actual bretheren in kalimdor with their revered leaders of druids and priestess and the highborne that isolated themselves then joined the horde, who commited said genocide, who do you think has power to their words?
    Tyrande and malfurion were clearly the leaders the moment they stepped foot into those two communities.

    I genuinly don't want the night elves to lose any semblance of spine by colaborating with the horde, especially highborne horde.

    And the shendralar have even more reason than most to hate the horde, if they suddenly become buddy buddy with the nightborne and slide back into old habits, maiev might as well finish what she started, since they are clearly not reliable or loyal and the alliance has better mages anyway to continue the training of young kaldorei arcanists.
    And if they "rise up" they get killed off because canonically they are terrible at magic and maiev and malfurion can pick their teeth with that lot, Hell you can even theorize the cataclysm generation are probably better than the shendralar since they have been in constant motion and practise and a part of much more advanced arcane organizations and races.

    She might as well kill the last remains of a remain, nothing of value is lost.

    And also that sounds like a plot lline the trolls have done, twice, The night elves are their own people now, the highborne are a stagnant fraction without any real power or importance, the new mages they have trained will dictate that part of kaldorei culture, and im pretty daam sure they wont go back to a horde city begging for scraps.
    Tired of the nelves going about a past they arent interested in recapturing and never were
    Last edited by yana; 2020-09-09 at 03:10 AM.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    With all respect, you do write essays in response (perhaps because you're passionate or very interested). Again, with respect and now directness: I don't read everything you write because I am less interested. However, I see your point about expanding the international reach of the NE story and also see that their culture is now tied to the Horde and I hope you haven't heard me say that I deny this connection. Rather, I think Alanar (feel free to correct me, Alanar) doesn't care for the factions working together against a common threat idea that's surfaced a few times, and thus, he may not want an international development (to use your terminology). I understand how this might become confused.

    I really didn't want to be drawn into this discussion, so please understand if I become less responsive that this is why. I support those who also appreciate NE culture, but I'm not as invested in it.
    Not everyone would like it, I don't know if Alanar particularly cares about elves, or nightborne (please correct me if I'm wrong Alanar) which could mean that his interests might only be with regards to what they do in the horde, which he likes. I can assume Alanar likes trolls from his avatars? I have little concern for them personally, if someone wrote a passionate and elaborate scheme for them, I would be mildly interested at best, unless it touched with blood elves, which would happen in the context of the horde (no offence).

    Faction interaction has that advantage, but my hope is that blizzard would turn their focus to races, and rather than just do one or two races in an expansion, would device a system or feature , like they did with class order halls where every race or at least groups of races had detailed things to do. So if blizzard did do something like this for Nightborne and something else for blood elves, they'd also be doing something for trolls so if Alanar didn't care much about what the elves were doing, he wouldn't be bored because he'd have content on the trolls.

    Rather than the only action outside their opening being when they exist in the context of the horde. My motives have been selfish, I've wanted Silvermoon revamp and been very hungry for more blood elf lore for a while, and keep waiting expansion after expansion only getting dribbles so I'm fully behind a race expansion where stories are continued. This was my attempt at doing one for Nightborne.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-09-09 at 12:22 PM.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yea, we haven't seen much of her and her powers yet so hopefully we get a better understanding what kind of damage she can actually do now, but honestly they lost my interest and hope for her some time ago. I understand they can't always have time for every character, but man they realy lost me on her... even her voice got weirder every year;p

    Yea, any clue? would they have say in anything?
    Generic screeching about vengeance and leaving no named maw npc corpses in her wake. That is pretty much it so far.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by yana View Post
    the night elves were genocided by who again?
    oh right the horde, betwen their actual bretheren in kalimdor with their revered leaders of druids and priestess and the highborne that isolated themselves then joined the horde, who commited said genocide, who do you think has power to their words?
    Tyrande and malfurion were clearly the leaders the moment they stepped foot into those two communities.

    I genuinly don't want the night elves to lose any semblance of spine by colaborating with the horde, especially highborne horde.

    And the shendralar have even more reason than most to hate the horde, if they suddenly become buddy buddy with the nightborne and slide back into old habits, maiev might as well finish what she started, since they are clearly not reliable or loyal and the alliance has better mages anyway to continue the training of young kaldorei arcanists.
    And if they "rise up" they get killed off because canonically they are terrible at magic and maiev and malfurion can pick their teeth with that lot, Hell you can even theorize the cataclysm generation are probably better than the shendralar since they have been in constant motion and practise and a part of much more advanced arcane organizations and races.

    She might as well kill the last remains of a remain, nothing of value is lost.

    And also that sounds like a plot lline the trolls have done, twice, The night elves are their own people now, the highborne are a stagnant fraction without any real power or importance, the new mages they have trained will dictate that part of kaldorei culture, and im pretty daam sure they wont go back to a horde city begging for scraps.
    Tired of the nelves going about a past they arent interested in recapturing and never were
    But you can passionately hate an organisation, but not necessarily every individual associated with it. what about when the organisation changes? Did not many of the horde races dissociate themselves from what the Sylvanas horde group did? Do you also hate them?

    Would night elf druids hate Tauren and troll druids now? Would Highborne hate nightborne who didn't participate at all in that heinous act. Would they hate every orc, every goblin every blood elf, because those had races that participated or would their ire be against the soldiers that fought that campaign and the establishment that launched it?

    I think we get the answer in Night warrior Tyrande who got her vengeance against the horde army that slaughtered her people in the Darkshore warfront and now seems to be focused primarily on bringing vengeance on the banshee - not all the people of the horde.

    Besides do you think there is no chance whatsoever of Highborne looking to the survival of their race and civilisation as an urgent priority given they're all on the brink of extinction? That's a powerful motivator? Think of your scientist/intellectual type, after a war has just devastated humanity, is he going to be more concerned with hating factions or trying to save/restore humanity now on the brink and if he finds like minded intellectuals on the opposite faction,do you not think he'd work with them too if they're committed to that goal?

    We even saw Jaina and Shandris put aside differences to fight N'zoth, extinction is a threat, the perma loss of your civilisation and culture is a massive concern to those Highborne/Nightborne types, do you honestly think those types would let general grudges and hatreds obscure the bigger picture? Besides, no Nightborne was involved in that great crime, and every Nightborne we met seemed appalled or at least against that stand. With Thalyssra when we meet her quick to point out that the alliance helped them get Suramar back..it shows a more willingness to perpetuate peaceful relations and a lack of hatred for the alliance.
    . They
    If i remember, their horde friendship is not based on alliance hatred, but blood elf friendship. And while there is reason for Highborne to hate the horde, I don't think those intellectual types would indiscriminately hate every horde, and I think their racial profile suggests they would find kinship, like mindedness in the Nightborne and would work together for a higher purpose.


    Also, it won't be easy to convince the Darnassians to unify with other elves, but that's part of the challenge. It's not about achieving it and bringing peace between horde and alliance, it's about working towards a goal they hope to achieve in the future, presumably after wow's lifetime or after a considerable amount of time in a revamp, or massive time skip. If you ask me what their efforts will yield in 20 years? I'd say not all elves are unified, but they would have created a unity nation on the broken isles not faction dependent at all. It's an elf nation, and elves from it are free to have friendships and loyalties to other factions but they work together here. I don't expect it to be a reality during current warcraft events.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Generic screeching about vengeance and leaving no named maw npc corpses in her wake. That is pretty much it so far.
    They've been going on about how we'd see a lot more of her, and she has a huge role to play, feels Illidan-esque by the sounds of it, reminds me of Legion, so she'll probably feature heavily in the Shadowland patches after.

    It's the femme age for entertainment, When you think about how every franchise is using female heroes and leads, Warcraft has remembered Tyrande now, The trio of Jaina, Sylvanas and Tyrande. It looks like Sylvanas is going to die seeing she's clearly bad, but I just don't believe it. Danuser and Afrisiabi love that character too much not to make her into a goddess super saiyan . I'll believe it when it happens

    But if she does go, i don't think they'd kill Tyrnade off either, too hgih profile and fmeale, with all the NElf fans moaning about poor Nelf treatment especially being killed all the time, my money is on Tyrande pulling through also with new levels of super powers (like she already wasn't powerful enough), . While the male leads like Thrall and Malfurion nerfed.. although Malfurion never seemed to have quite being buffed up like thrall was, he always seemed to do his stuff by wisdom/luck , the power was provided by nature,or a simple clever spell he uses, and it does the job often by doing something big that has the power to do the job, it's never directly him.

    Thrall became directly super powered in Cataclysm, Twilight of the aspects etc, but they nerfed him. Varian was killed, but replaced by Anduin, Vol'jin was killed and replaced by Sylvanas.

    I'm willing to bet somehow Anduin loses his throne, and eventually Jaina becomes alliance leader. But I'm guessing here.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    He got his desire when the few living Highborne rejoined the other Kaldorei, aka NElfs. That's what NElf mages are, they Highborne.
    Nope.. the mages you play are exactly what it says night elf mages.. you dont play a highborne, tho you can obviously rp as one of you want. They are newly trained mages you play.

  10. #110
    Pandaren Monk Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,841
    played Reforged and noticed that Aszuna had some Nightborne feathers



    I assume that the Moonguard also has this kind of wear, no? Aszuna has to be named after Aszune

    Moonguard customizations for Nightborne, I hope
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves

    My Lightbound Orc and Alteraci Human suggestion thread

    Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    played Reforged and noticed that Aszuna had some Nightborne feathers
    I wouldn't be surprised, the Nightborne and kaldorei share the same flag, this is why I've leaned towards the night elf fans explanation, it seems quite clear that kaldoeri/shal'dorei is like a blood elf/void elf situation - cut from the same cloth but on opposite factions. I think because Suramar and the Nightborne physcially look differnet because i'ts advanced magic and the night elf model is a thin version, some feel it's a totally different race. No, it's EXACTLY the Void elf/Blood elf situation, but instead of opposite coloured skin, it's skinnier size.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/E9IUOJ0.png

    I assume that the Moonguard also has this kind of wear, no? Aszuna has to be named after Aszune

    Moonguard customizations for Nightborne, I hope
    It seems standard mage wear, I can also see Moon priestesses in it, it's hard tot ell, but I do know that they tend to wear traditional mage garb, which makes me think that the styles originated with them, and continued win the high elves and passed to the humans, while the Darnassians went feral, but when we meet the Shen'dralar and Moonguard we see them in similar garb. Just my thoughts.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    played Reforged and noticed that Aszuna had some Nightborne feathers



    I assume that the Moonguard also has this kind of wear, no? Aszuna has to be named after Aszune

    Moonguard customizations for Nightborne, I hope
    pretty sure that's just the model the units already have, and night elves also have feathers in their clothing.
    one unique thing is the headdress.

    the shendralar and the moonguard are near extinct, they aren't relevant or important in any matter or definition of the word
    Last edited by yana; 2020-09-13 at 02:58 AM.

  13. #113
    Bloodsail Admiral Isilrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    played Reforged and noticed that Aszuna had some Nightborne feathers



    I assume that the Moonguard also has this kind of wear, no? Aszuna has to be named after Aszune

    Moonguard customizations for Nightborne, I hope
    Night Elves have always had feathers associated with their armor, so I'm not sure why you're assuming this is a Nightborne feature.

  14. #114
    Pandaren Monk Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, the Nightborne and kaldorei share the same flag, this is why I've leaned towards the night elf fans explanation, it seems quite clear that kaldoeri/shal'dorei is like a blood elf/void elf situation - cut from the same cloth but on opposite factions. I think because Suramar and the Nightborne physcially look differnet because i'ts advanced magic and the night elf model is a thin version, some feel it's a totally different race. No, it's EXACTLY the Void elf/Blood elf situation, but instead of opposite coloured skin, it's skinnier size.



    It seems standard mage wear, I can also see Moon priestesses in it, it's hard tot ell, but I do know that they tend to wear traditional mage garb, which makes me think that the styles originated with them, and continued win the high elves and passed to the humans, while the Darnassians went feral, but when we meet the Shen'dralar and Moonguard we see them in similar garb. Just my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by yana View Post
    pretty sure that's just the model the units already have, and night elves also have feathers in their clothing.
    one unique thing is the headdress.

    the shendralar and the moonguard are near extinct, they aren't relevant or important in any matter or definition of the word
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Night Elves have always had feathers associated with their armor, so I'm not sure why you're assuming this is a Nightborne feature.
    Aszune's wear definitely looks like this or maybe even this one



    and I haven't seen much Shen'dralar or new generation Highborne wearing this

    Moonguard customizations for Nightborne

    - - - Updated - - -

    dios mio the large url isn't working in gamepedia

    https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Night...tage_Armor.jpg
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves

    My Lightbound Orc and Alteraci Human suggestion thread

    Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

  15. #115
    Bloodsail Admiral Isilrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Aszune's wear definitely looks like this or maybe even this one



    and I haven't seen much Shen'dralar or new generation Highborne wearing this

    Moonguard customizations for Nightborne

    - - - Updated - - -

    dios mio the large url isn't working in gamepedia

    https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Night...tage_Armor.jpg
    yes, but the feathers are not what makes this armor Nightborne, which is what you said.

  16. #116
    If it helps. Most of the Darnassians also come from Suramar. So maybe it’s a Suramar thing, that’s why both Nightborne and those Kaldorei have the feather thing.

    No one in Zin’Azshari had armor with feathers. Only broken isles elves and Darnassians

  17. #117
    Bloodsail Admiral Isilrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    If it helps. Most of the Darnassians also come from Suramar. So maybe it’s a Suramar thing, that’s why both Nightborne and those Kaldorei have the feather thing.

    No one in Zin’Azshari had armor with feathers. Only broken isles elves and Darnassians
    I think you may be correct. The only one in Zin'Azshari that may have had feathers on her clothing was the Queen (if some of the images of her in the white outfit with the feathered chest piece is anything to go by).

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    I think you may be correct. The only one in Zin'Azshari that may have had feathers on her clothing was the Queen (if some of the images of her in the white outfit with the feathered chest piece is anything to go by).
    And it's typical for rulers to have something on them that represents the various peoples and regions they rule - as some sort of symbol of them representing all.

    Prob over thinking it.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2020-09-14 at 12:11 AM.

  19. #119
    Bloodsail Admiral Isilrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    And it's typical for rulers to have something on them that represents the various peoples and regions they rule - as some sort of symbol of them representing all.

    Prob over thinking it.
    Yeah, I think so. That's one reason why I brought this up--the overthinking

  20. #120
    Pandaren Monk Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    And it's typical for rulers to have something on them that represents the various peoples and regions they rule - as some sort of symbol of them representing all.

    Prob over thinking it.
    perhaps, Aszune has a zone named after her so her Nightborne wear may be a sign of nobility-nobility
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves

    My Lightbound Orc and Alteraci Human suggestion thread

    Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •