Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    This is sooooo, so wrong.... Could they pay more attention to WTF they do with their own game?!

Can't they see it's in a state of RUIN atm?
    You know that they can do both right? A mod making a statement costs no development time. Shadowlands info is constantly coming out at an almost daily rate.

Well, you can always roll a black blood elf etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I've seen the video before. While I do agree that I don't need a special month to celebrate my culture and its history, I don't agree that racism will just end if everyone stops talking about it. Racism isn't just a conversation topic like the latest and great game or the latest blockbuster movie. It's a rotten fruit that's seeded deep within human history and through basically the majority of American history. And just like history, we educate ourselves on it so as not to repeat it.

I would love a utopia where we all got along and we all see ourselves as humans first before putting nation/skin first, but I don't think we'll achieve that by just sweeping issues and history under the rug without taking a closer look and remedying whatever systems are currently in place, perpetuating this hate.

Alas, I'm not smart enough to speak on what more can be done, all I have is hope.
    Racism is basically human nature for most of history and no one race or ethnic background is inherently more racist than the other.

Othering anyone who falls outside of the tribe, so to speak, and considering an enemy, has always been an overbearing way to remain safe. As centuries passed, this became less and less necessary, but it was still a part of our nature, so it shaped many of our civilizations. And well, even back then, we didn't have the privileges we have today. There were still enemies to fight, and a lot of us vs them. Every group participated in it, although some were better/more successful than others.

Nowadays, it's easy to moralize down at our ancestors, considering that despite our issues, our lives are more prosperous than others and threats are relatively minimal. Frankly, if society were to break down a la an apocalyptic event, the survivors would probably return to the same type of tribalism to survive, but it may not manifest in the same exact ways. It depends on what the out-groups would be.

In short, our current way of living accounts for 0.001% of human history or something. It's not surprising that we haven't grown accustomed to these rapid technological and social changes. You can't just undo instincts that have been part of humanity for over 90% of history in a day.

That's not to say it's a bad endeavor, but just to put in perspective what we are, what we have done and where we are now.

people like to stand up for racism against blacks but they laugh it off and call white people delusional like we don't or can't experience racism, it is actually praised to be racist towards whites in todays society. so until this is fixed I have no empathy to give anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmanderp View Post
    I have absolutely no problems with them giving to charities, but does anyone really find these sorts of corporate endorsements to be genuine.
    No one except people that want to be in the next game alpha pretend any corporations are genuine about it. Individual developers might, but corporations? Meh. They're just riding the wave so that they can profit most/catch the least flack.

I have absolutely no problems with them giving to charities, but does anyone really find these sorts of corporate endorsements to be genuine.
    According to some posters here, having this view on a corporations view of something actually makes you racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    According to some posters here, having this view on a corporations view of something actually makes you racist.
    The same people who feel validated by companies changing their logo to a rainbow version of said logo.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    Trying to force the racism out of people.. man who knew it was that easy to cure racism!
    Never claimed it was easy. If it were then it would have been done.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha you can't be a real person?
    You must be a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    You know that they can do both right? A mod making a statement costs no development time. Shadowlands info is constantly coming out at an almost daily rate.
    They are doing extremely poor job at it.

Can you see how many complaints are there about MANY things? Priests, shamans, covenants.... they don't care about their customers.

They do only what their miserable PRs tell them.

Haha you can't be a real person?
    No, there are actually people like that who exist.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Never claimed it was easy. If it were then it would have been done.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be a racist.
    I remember when trolls used to be funny, long gone are those times, now we just have brainlets trying their hand at it with such failure.

Wow the amount of closet racists popping up in this thread is just alarming.

I'm black and proud, kudos to Blizzard for literally putting their money where their mouth is.

And to even try compare Racism to the situation in Hong Kong, just shows how ignorant and moronic you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Wow the amount of closet racists popping up in this thread is just alarming.

I'm black and proud, kudos to Blizzard for literally putting their money where their mouth is.

And to even try compare Racism to the situation in Hong Kong, just shows how ignorant and moronic you are.
    being loud is not doing anything for anyone, you must be one of those people that think taking a knee is going to solve the worlds problem.

Are they going to do anything about Leeroy Jenkins being in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Black Pride? Harrowing. Are you some kind of racist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    Are they going to do anything about Leeroy Jenkins being in the game?
    If there are enough crythreads by professional umbrage-takers grasping for straws, sure.

That is not the point. I mean people begged Michael Jordan to speak up on this shit when he was a pro. He wanted nothing to with it. But if he had it would have had an impact even though we all know he doesn't give a shit about anyone other than himself.

It's about changing the dialogue. Even if it takes potentially insincere gestures form companies to get the ball rolling or keeping rolling, it's a good thing. Point is racism has no place in any society. It's a tool of the weak.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    Yikes... imagine buying into this and thinking it was actually genuine, how small brained can someone be.
    Yikes, imagine blindly hating a corporation so much that you have to shit on anything they say that is remotely positive. Let go of that hate, it'll send you to an early grave.

But meanwhile screw Hong Kong right eh Blizzard?

You double standard pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's a tool of the weak.
    It's funny that you probably exist today because of the racism of your ancestors. As we all do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Yikes, imagine blindly hating a corporation so much that you have to shit on anything they say that is remotely positive. Let go of that hate, it'll send you to an early grave.
    Oh no, not the poor corporations! What ever will they do?

I remember when trolls used to be funny, long gone are those times, now we just have brainlets trying their hand at it with such failure.
    Oh shit, you're still talking.