Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's a tool of the weak.
    It's funny that you probably exist today because of the racism of your ancestors. As we all do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Yikes, imagine blindly hating a corporation so much that you have to shit on anything they say that is remotely positive. Let go of that hate, it'll send you to an early grave.
    Oh no, not the poor corporations! What ever will they do?

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    I remember when trolls used to be funny, long gone are those times, now we just have brainlets trying their hand at it with such failure.
    Oh shit, you're still talking.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Oh shit, you're still talking.
    You can put them on ignore if they irk you.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I'm not american so I don't have a bone to grind in this topic, but what good does this actually do?

    Is there anybody out there, in the west, that isn't aware that racism = bad?

    And if those people exist, why do you imagine that Blizzard has a voice in those circles?

    Or perhaps, is this an admission by Blizzard that they have a bunch of racists working in their company and their company culture harbors and/or promoted racism until now?

    Like, I just don't get the message here.
    Bro if you think people can all agree racism is bad, modern America is going to blow your mind.

  5. #125
    Surprised this wasn't locked after Blizzard's last post with regards to their $4m donation, not that I'm complaining.

    Carry on lambasting them, they deserve it.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-06-19 at 11:29 PM.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I'm not american so I don't have a bone to grind in this topic, but what good does this actually do?

    Is there anybody out there, in the west, that isn't aware that racism = bad?

    And if those people exist, why do you imagine that Blizzard has a voice in those circles?

    Or perhaps, is this an admission by Blizzard that they have a bunch of racists working in their company and their company culture harbors and/or promoted racism until now?

    Like, I just don't get the message here.
    Most people in Western countries get that racism, provided it isn't aimed at white people, is bad, yes.

    Not sure about other societies, though, but those can't be racist because they're not white, so it's all fine.

  7. #127
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,020
    No one cares. I'm sick of companies grand standing with their politics when it suits them. It feels like companies are all doing this so that there isnt an angry mob of looters and rioters that burns down their buildings.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Point is racism has no place in any society. It's a tool of the weak.
    Agreed, so why is it ok to have little digs at white people?

  9. #129
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,223
    Fixing racism by giving special treatment to people you'd otherwise ignore.

    Smart.

    Also why is it only black people getting their pity party.. theyre not the only ones that have to deal with racism
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2020-06-19 at 11:29 PM.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    No one cares. I'm sick of companies grand standing with their politics when it suits them.
    You don't get it, though.

    Faceless corporation stands with you. Corporation cares about your plight. Aren't you happy?

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Agreed, so why is it ok to have little digs at white people?
    yeah its crazy how openly racist you can be towards white men especially in america.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Most people in Western countries get that racism, provided it isn't aimed at white people, is bad, yes.

    Not sure about other societies, though, but those can't be racist because they're not white, so it's all fine.
    China is kicking Africans out of the homes and hotels they're living in while blaming them for the spread of Covid. So yea....if anyone wanted to see what actual true systemic racism is, there's a link to watch it.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    yeah its crazy how openly racist you can be towards white men especially in america.
    Well, that's what you get when you sow racial division and make the white people by default "the oppressor" and every non-white person gets lumped together in a group labeled "the oppressed".

    It's to be expected that that kind of rhetoric would create animosity.

  14. #134
    This thread is gold. People calling hypocrisy and shit. Blizz is acting as expected every time. Laid off people? Money / Blitzchung controversy? Money / Supporting BLM? Money. Every time something happens Blizz is going to follow the standard brand playbook in protection of money. Its nothing new.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    This thread is gold. People calling hypocrisy and shit. Blizz is acting as expected every time. Laid off people? Money / Blitzchung controversy? Money / Supporting BLM? Money. Every time something happens Blizz is going to follow the standard brand playbook in protection of money. Its nothing new.
    JustCorporationThings. Can't even blame them in that regard.

    Just embarrassed that people defend its 'sincerity'.

  16. #136
    Scarab Lord AbsolutVodka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    4,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Agreed, so why is it ok to have little digs at white people?
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    yeah its crazy how openly racist you can be towards white men especially in america.
    As a person of color, I don't find that being racist to white folks is a good thing either and you'll find many others who agree. In a perfect world (my world lol), we'd all be able to joke about race without offense and maybe one day, not talk about race at all. Please, don't let some misguided trolls on the internet or whatever media you consume make you think otherwise or sully the message that is being spread.
    Last edited by AbsolutVodka; 2020-06-19 at 11:37 PM.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    As a person of color, I don't find that being racist to white folks is a good thing either and you'll find many others who agree. In a perfect world (my world lol), we'd all be able to joke about race without offense and maybe one day, not talk about race at all. Please, don't let some misguided trolls on the internet or whatever media you consume make you think otherwise or sully the message we're trying to spread.
    You're a good guy and I wholeheartedly agree with your idea of a perfect world. I do think you might be a little naive in pretending they're trolls, though. At least, at this point. These kinds of narratives are far from obscure- it's not just "the few crazies on tumblr" that this stuff is stereotyped as being. But I digress.

    Nonetheless happy to see another person who is somewhat sober about it. In this world where everything is highly polarized and tribalist nowadays, it makes me a tad hopeful.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-06-19 at 11:39 PM.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    As a person of color, I don't find that being racist to white folks is a good thing either and you'll find many others who agree. In a perfect world (my world lol), we'd all be able to joke about race without offense and maybe one day, not talk about race at all. Please, don't let some misguided trolls on the internet or whatever media you consume make you think otherwise or sully the message we're trying to spread.
    I can get behind this message but the problem is these are not simple trolls on the internet, it is the main stream media and high profile figures.

  19. #139
    Brewmaster Sfidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's a tool of the weak.
    That is why identity politics seem to be everywhere and suddenly pop in every single every aspect of life and entertainment? Forcing entitlement and priviledges, affirmative action and all that because you are a part of "minority" regardless of your individual traits? That is exactly the same tribalism and has nothing to do with civilisation and civil society as we know it.
    S.H.

  20. #140
    Scarab Lord AbsolutVodka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    4,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You're a good guy and I wholeheartedly agree with your idea of a perfect world. I do think you might be a little naive in pretending they're trolls, though. At least, at this point. These kinds of narratives are far from obscure- it's not just "the few crazies on tumblr" that this stuff is stereotyped as being. But I digress.
    Oh you're absolutely right! There are definitely some trolls but others are very much real in their opinions and hate. The line blurring between the two. It hurts in particular to see it so much more within gaming communities. You'd think a hobby cultivated through logic and boundless creativity would have a more kind community but I suppose that's my naivety speaking.

    And I'll agree that I can be naive lol. I think it's because I've remained neutral for a lot of my life on this topic and many others that involve being vocal and standing up against negative opinions. As I've grown older, I've come to be more passionate and more active about what I feel and see regardless of how I may come across.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •