Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Dreadlord arr0gance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Third Impact
    Posts
    960
    Thank you BRAND. I will now continue to give you money.

  2. #142
    Does it really matter how sincere this is when they are giving 4 million dollars or more?

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Who the Fuck cares STOP this Doubles Standard ....you care about money nothing else
    Let's put you in their shoes.. You are a CEO of a multi million company with a high diverse amount of employees that worked for you. Now this situation currently happens.. What do you do? Do ignore it and not saying anything risking that your employees are going to think that you don't care about what is happening and risk a possible PR incident or do you say something to your employees and to the public to show what your stance is on the matter to show that you do care about not only your employees, but everyone who involved in the situation including your customers?

    I honestly think you would choose to latter because you would rather not risk having a PR incident. You saying who the fuck cares clearly shows that you don't care about the BLM movement.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Oh you're absolutely right! There are definitely some trolls but others are very much real in their opinions and hate. The line blurring between the two. It hurts in particular to see it so much more within gaming communities. You'd think a hobby cultivated through logic and boundless creativity would have a more kind community but I suppose that's my naivety speaking.

    And I'll agree that I can be naive lol. I think it's because I've remained neutral for a lot of my life on this topic and many others that involve being vocal and standing up against negative opinions. As I've grown older, I've come to be more passionate and more active about what I feel and see regardless of how I may come across.
    I can sympathize with wanting to be neutral- or staying out of it, at the least. It's such a chaotic mess and if you aren't somebody's friend, you are per definition their enemy, and also the friend of their enemy.

    Sadly, it's getting increasingly more difficult to not be exposed to the muck. It's a shame zealotry (in general, not just relegated to one thing or side or whatever) has become so hip and I hope we can return to a place of more moderation that encourages dialogue over calling each other stuff and then retreating to our isolated ponds to be validated by people who already share our opinion anyway. I am also guilty of the latter at points, so I guess I'm not innocent, but I still think it's a shame that things have become more volatile than ever before and don't seem to be getting any better.

  5. #145
    Pandaren Monk Playintrafic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    1,947
    Oh look, more band wagoning.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I can sympathize with wanting to be neutral- or staying out of it, at the least. It's such a chaotic mess and if you aren't somebody's friend, you are per definition their enemy, and also the friend of their enemy.

    Sadly, it's getting increasingly more difficult to not be exposed to the muck. It's a shame zealotry (in general, not just relegated to one thing or side or whatever) has become so hip and I hope we can return to a place of more moderation that encourages dialogue over calling each other stuff and then retreating to our isolated ponds to be validated by people who already share our opinion anyway. I am also guilty of the latter at points, so I guess I'm not innocent, but I still think it's a shame that things have become more volatile than ever before and don't seem to be getting any better.
    I blame the media and politicians they keep feeding these flames of hatred against one another.

  7. #147
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Does it really matter how sincere this is when they are giving 4 million dollars or more?
    When some of the money is going to the wrong places yes, no?
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    I blame the media and politicians they keep feeding these flames of hatred against one another.
    Hey, it keeps the attention off of them.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    When some of the money is going to the wrong places yes, no?
    Is not really a "bad" place, is it?

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Is not really a "bad" place, is it?
    If it goes to a place like BLM it is a bad place, just check out the message of that group. they promote violence and segregation just like antifa.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    If it goes to a place like BLM it is a bad place, just check out the message of that group. they promote violence and segregation just like antifa.
    I dunno, do they?

    I mean let's be honest, BLM had been losing steam before what happened to George Floyd. Last time I checked (back when BLM was all over the news in.. I wanna say.. 2016? 2017?), they harbored bigots like Linda Sarsour, didn't they? But I don't know who their loudest voices are now, if any.

    To be fair, I haven't looked into it much either. Meh.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Does it really matter how sincere this is when they are giving 4 million dollars or more?
    Well Bobby Kotick made $30m+ last year, blizzard activision are worth numbers in the 10s of billions of dollars. Seems they aren't even sincere when donating reasonable amounts of money to a cause they feel so strongly about.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I dunno, do they?

    I mean let's be honest, BLM had been losing steam before what happened to George Floyd. Last time I checked (back when BLM was all over the news in.. I wanna say.. 2016? 2017?), they harbored bigots like Linda Sarsour, didn't they? But I don't know who their loudest voices are now, if any.

    To be fair, I haven't looked into it much either. Meh.
    I feel like their voice is getting bigger and more influential.

  14. #154
    Blizzard once again doing the right thing. Haters gonna hate regardless.

    The amount of racists among gamers does not surprise me. It's well known that many people who like to call themselves gamers, especially the ones who consider themselves elite are white supremacists and righties of different sorts. Remember when Blizz added a black skin tone for elfs? Some people were literally rebelling against it.

    Thankfully PC games are also played by regular people, and these are the people who are the backbone of the gaming business. Not some entitled vocal manchildren who throw tantrums because they can't stand hearing that black lives matter.

  15. #155
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Is not really a "bad" place, is it?
    Theyre basically saying "hey we're going to go out of our way now to specifically make black people feel special, which is something we didn't do before for whatever reason.. but now we're totes committed"

    Which means they're going to be throwing money at shit they would've otherwise not have given it to purely because that buisness or organization is run by black people and BLM is currently a hot topic.

    Also when Blizzard hires new people I want them to hire the best person for that job REGARDLESS of their skin color or gender because it's irrelevant. I know first hand that this doesn't always work, I get declined plenty just because I'm Arab but giving one group special treatment is not the answer either and it doesn't work.

    You can't force this issue to go away and you can't pretend it isn't there either by acting different all of a sudden.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    I feel like their voice is getting bigger and more influential.
    At the very least enough so to get various corporations to stand with them, whether it's to stave off backlash or not.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Does it really matter how sincere this is when they are giving 4 million dollars or more?
    Except they don't realy "give" anything away, they receive tax reductions or write-off's for charitable donations, sometimes it's done deliberately to reduce their taxes, they can actually make money from it, no big profit company "gives" away money to help anything unless it helps themselves more, its purely done for business and profits.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Elevenmad View Post
    Except they don't realy "give" anything away, they receive tax reductions or write-off's for charitable donations, sometimes it's done deliberately to reduce their taxes, they can actually make money from it, no big profit company "gives" away money to help anything unless it helps themselves more, its purely done for business and profits.
    It doesnt matter.

    This money could be "blood money" for all i care...is 4 million dollars for what i think is a good cause?

  19. #159
    I am Murloc! dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Blizzard once again doing the right thing. Haters gonna hate regardless.

    The amount of racists among gamers does not surprise me. It's well known that many people who like to call themselves gamers, especially the ones who consider themselves elite are white supremacists and righties of different sorts. Remember when Blizz added a black skin tone for elfs? Some people were literally rebelling against it.

    Thankfully PC games are also played by regular people, and these are the people who are the backbone of the gaming business. Not some entitled vocal manchildren who throw tantrums because they can't stand hearing that black lives matter.
    Couldn't agree more, and people should take note a positive person posting here.

    Cheers to you

    Personally I try my best to support but it's tough to go out there to push for change when all this bad stuff is happening (RONA) or Po Po hitting people in the eye with those bean bags or whatever.. I just don't want to die from rona or that stuff so all I can do is promote it from home (I guess I'm an armchair warriah.. oh well)

    anyway Big UP's out to the people promoting positive change

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Blizzard once again doing the right thing. Haters gonna hate regardless.

    The amount of racists among gamers does not surprise me. It's well known that many people who like to call themselves gamers, especially the ones who consider themselves elite are white supremacists and righties of different sorts. Remember when Blizz added a black skin tone for elfs? Some people were literally rebelling against it.

    Thankfully PC games are also played by regular people, and these are the people who are the backbone of the gaming business. Not some entitled vocal manchildren who throw tantrums because they can't stand hearing that black lives matter.
    So we're to forget just a while ago they banned news casters and a player for showing support for the pro democracy protests in hong Kong or was blizzard in the right for not showing support for that? I mean...its not like they were protesting an over reaching and over oppressive police state or anything am I right?

    Or is this just another example of an American company only caring about politics that benifit them financially with good PR while ignoring the reprehensible actions they took in the past.

    As for support for black communities and diverse representation, guess whats the only class they removed for Diablo immortal game being made for the chinese market? That's right, Witch Doctor. Oh and should I also point out that Tracer, and soldier 76 is straight in the Chinese market.

    If blizzard truely cared about diversity and inclusion, they would take the hit, and stand up for what they belived in even if it costs them their bottom line. The reason most people are against this move is because while its doing the right thing now, they have not done the right thing in the past because it cost them their bottom line. I sincerely believe if China threatened blizzard by removing their 5% share in activision blizzard for doing this, they would remove the donations in a heart beat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •