Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    The acknowledgment is good.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimpson View Post
    Let's put you in their shoes.. You are a CEO of a multi million company with a high diverse amount of employees that worked for you. Now this situation currently happens.. What do you do? Do ignore it and not saying anything risking that your employees are going to think that you don't care about what is happening and risk a possible PR incident or do you say something to your employees and to the public to show what your stance is on the matter to show that you do care about not only your employees, but everyone who involved in the situation including your customers?

    I honestly think you would choose to latter because you would rather not risk having a PR incident. You saying who the fuck cares clearly shows that you don't care about the BLM movement.
    The "who cares?" aspect comes down to motivation and intent. In your above example, the outcome completely hinges on what type of company they are. If those in charge of the company perceive themselves as generally a just and morale company, there is no motivation on moral grounds to do what Blizz is doing. If those in charge think they are morally in the wrong as a company, then the company may either have turned a new leaf via what Blizz is doing... or they're just placating to the mob. Furthermore in this real-life scenario... of those that have placated and 'repented' of their sins to the mob, has anyone actually been forgiven?

    The more likely answer is that a company that does what Blizz has done is morally corrupt because either a.)'they were bad, and this announcement is them admitting it', or b.) 'they are bad because this announcement is just hollow pandering.' Figuring out which answer is the real one is based upon their previous actions, which evidences leads us to believe the answer is b.) more than a.), perhaps even both. Ironically enough, Blizz many not even realize the real reason they're taking such actions precisely because their thoughts and actions may be morally lacking.

    When it comes to BLM or any body/movement/person, one should be extremely careful to not place them as an idol of worship. As they are made up of people and a creation of people, they will fail you and themselves at some point... just the nature of people. It's already pretty evident that the BLM movement is less about their messily-defined vision of justice and almost completely about power, via their actions and words. I do not doubt that there are people who support BLM who legitimately have grievances or discussions based in truth to themselves, but I believe it's even less doubtful that BLM as a movement and organization is well removed from the people and discussions it supposedly represents. Circling back to what I originally stated phrased in another manner, do you think groups like BLM are interested in healing racial animus and hatred? Not only do their actions not indicate this in the slightest, but also their vocal leadership doesn't even state this as their goal. This movement flying under the banner of BLM isn't about healing and solving racial issues, it's about power.

    All this being said, these sorts of statements that Blizz and other companies put out are either just pandering to the mob or bowing to a false idol, neither of which are signs of a moral and just company. Historically speaking, taking either of these actions never leads to good outcomes.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-06-20 at 12:30 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #163
    If they didn't do anything, the comments and perception would be wayyyyyyy worse. Regardless of why their doing this... it's good they are doing it.

  4. #164
    Yep, just like every life matters.

  5. #165
    Do people still fall for this corporate bullshit?

  6. #166
    Woah,this will definitely solve problems and racism. Good job. You will never get rid of racism unless you stop talking about it and collecting virtue signal points. The more you bash on white people the more they will come together and there will be even more problems. Stop pretending to care.

  7. #167
    That's fine, ban and suspend people for hate speech.

    But the real question is, is it ALL HATE SPEECH? are you banning/suspending black players for making racist remarks towards white people are you banning and suspending black player for making racist remarks about asians? or are you only banning/suspending white and asian players who make racist remarks towards black players?

    Is this a one size fits agenda narrative, because last I checked all lives matter and racism towards all races was an issue in game, not just the black community

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You can put them on ignore if they irk you.
    Oh I know. They don't irk me they aren't smart or witty enough.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's funny that you probably exist today because of the racism of your ancestors. As we all do.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Oh no, not the poor corporations! What ever will they do?
    If we want to go back to ancient Roman times sure. I'm a second generation American. My parents were born from immigrants. My family's roots have nothing to do with American slavery. Most of mine were poor farmers in Europe.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Agreed, so why is it ok to have little digs at white people?
    Yup weak, privileged, scared little white man boy you are.

  9. #169
    Yea BUT!...... Are they gonna fix the scaling issues with ww/frost? And are they gonna bake in a passive again for 2h vs dw cause at one point monk frost dk and fury had something that helped one vs the other and now only fury SMF has it so far.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Oh I know. They don't irk me they aren't smart or witty enough.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If we want to go back to ancient Roman times sure. I'm a second generation American. My parents were born from immigrants. My family's roots have nothing to do with American slavery. Most of mine were poor farmers in Europe.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yup weak, privileged, scared little white man boy you are.
    You sound like a racist scumbag.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    If we want to go back to ancient Roman times sure. I'm a second generation American. My parents were born from immigrants. My family's roots have nothing to do with American slavery. Most of mine were poor farmers in Europe.
    I'm not saying we should go back to any times. It's good that we're in a situation where racism and similar types of 'othering' are no longer a necessary survival instinct. Was just trying to put it into context that any human alive today probably is alive because their ancestors were more racist than others' and thus were less likely to trust 'outsiders'.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    That is why identity politics seem to be everywhere and suddenly pop in every single every aspect of life and entertainment? Forcing entitlement and priviledges, affirmative action and all that because you are a part of "minority" regardless of your individual traits? That is exactly the same tribalism and has nothing to do with civilisation and civil society as we know it.
    No one is forcing anything. Just because one cannot recognize their own privilege doesn't mean it doesn't exist. By they way I'm white, rich, and privileged as fuck. Doesn't mean I don't recognize the benefits it afforded me, well not the rich part, Ingre grew up poor, started my own business and made my money and got out.

    Minorities have suffered systemic racism for hundreds of years. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this and understand why it's bad and helping them out is good.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangulax View Post
    Woah,this will definitely solve problems and racism. Good job. You will never get rid of racism unless you stop talking about it and collecting virtue signal points. The more you bash on white people the more they will come together and there will be even more problems. Stop pretending to care.
    Hey, it is working to get those closet racists out of the woodwork.
    It's amazing how many people have shown their true colors BECAUSE of what is going on now. Seeing groups fight for basic human rights is triggering the white supremacists and the Karens out there
    They're reacting, and it's absolutely awesome to see them outed for the horrible people they are

  14. #174
    I like how people couldnt wait to make a complaint post even though they play 1 if not all of blizzard's games for 20+ hours a week, and hump forums related to their games for even more time.

  15. #175
    Hope they will soon be done with virtue signaling and release Shadowlands launch date and info.

  16. #176
    Mechagnome Kyux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    730
    To all the people saying it's not genuine, do you really think that? Blizz has been pretty onto it for a long time when it comes to inclusiveness. And even if it isn't genuine, is it a bad thing that they're doing this? Their efforts are objectively good.

    I say good on them. They got a lot of crap for the Blitzchung thing, they've learnt and improved and are putting their money and actions where their mouths are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

  17. #177
    I am really amazed at how easy Phase 3 of marxist subversion - 'Crisis', was able to steamroll its way into America so easily. I guess because the elections coming up they are pushing for a revolution and they already have all the right leaders in place through media, government, law and education. Of course its far more evolved now than it was back in the old days of KGB style marxist subversion. You'd have to wonder what Yuri Bezmenov would think if he saw the extent of marxist subversion in America, entire western civilisation and now South Korea, Japan and the 'reboot' of subversion in India currently. I assume people here would know what I mean since you only need to recall Blizzards actions and attitude in regards to Hong Kong and China to understand how fake it is. Its all for subversion and take over of nations. Blizzard is no different in the game of subversion, they have been filled to the brim with useful idiots who are now activating to push their marxist ideology under any banner even harder. Its been quite funny here in Australia, they tried a BLM protest at the local jail where I live (in Australia, making it even more ironic but they stick to their subversion IdPol groups), which I think was a failure today so they are quickly changing shirts and signs and bussing off to the city to do a 'extinction rebellion' protest to keep the useful idiots charmed in the brainwashing.

    I was going to link a video but it says I can't until I post a bit more lol

  18. #178
    When even questions about this are not tolerated, ignorance is rewarded.

    Making it impossible to even have a conversation about it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmgxtcbc4iU

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Remember when Blizz added a black skin tone for elfs? Some people were literally rebelling against it.
    They did that? How exactly is not liking something that lorewise makes no sense racist or "supremacist"? Oh and where are my Hispanic goblins? As a latina, I think it's pretty racist we don't have that option.

  20. #180
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    298
    this is just so blatantly hollow, and not just because muh hong kong.

    There's been so much evidence suggesting that blizzard treats their low-tier employees as sub-human, yet we're supposed to accept that they care about black people?

    Maybe you could rehire some of the 800 employees you just fired and maybe some of those people could be black and you could pay them an actual living wage?

    It doesn't matter how much money you throw at charities, at a certain point you just have to do your own part for real change to happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •